Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,570 members, 7,921,179 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 07:12 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (433694 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 29, 2013
Vikktorr:
Why not fill your form with a computer using the latest adobe reader, print, sign forms DSP-122 and DS 230 part I and send via a courier service. It wasn't written anywhere on the forms to send via email. I believe the email address is for inquires.

He can use adobe Xi and even sign with it, save, scan the photos and attach. KCC accepts via e-mail.It is the fastest and cheapest!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adegokenath(m): 3:59pm On May 29, 2013
Easye83: Gudmornin house pls I wanna knw if there ll b anoda selection any tym soon.
yes i am 100% sure that there will be second selection b4 the end of this year so keep checking.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by virginofafrica(m): 7:48pm On May 29, 2013
ferdimako:

He can use adobe Xi and even sign with it, save, scan the photos and attach. KCC accepts via e-mail.It is the fastest and cheapest!
please i will advice you to print out the form fill it with you pen. Then sign it. And scan then attach it and send it. I will not advice you for to use adebo xi
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by donlop: 9:58pm On May 29, 2013
guyz plz is 9ja eligable 4 2015
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 10:11pm On May 29, 2013
virginofafrica: yah sire i will advice she just put in some vocational work she's good at. Like tailoring, hair dressing and the others. Then she should try get some proof for that. And then put in her highest level of education, and if they ask give reasons. I mean you must have some proof. Please nairalanders your help is needed here.

How can you advice that when the rule states that:

The principal diversity visa applicant must have a high school education, or its equivalent, or two years of qualifying work experience, under provisions of United States (U.S.) law. This was explained in the DV Instructions for your eDV entry.

High School Education: A high school education means successful completion of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of a 12-year course in the U.S.

Work Experience: If you are qualifying with work experience, you must have two years of experience in the last five years, in an occupation which, by U.S. Department of Labor definitions, requires at least two years of training or experience that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating of 7.0 or higher. The U.S. Department of Labor provides information on job duties, knowledge and skills, education and training, and other occupational characteristics at their website http://online.onetcenter.org/. The O*Net online database groups work experience into five "job zones." While many occupations are listed, only certain specified occupations qualify for the Diversity Visa Program.

So even if she puts hairdresser or whatever, that won't qualify her cos it won't be up to the Job Zone or SVP. So with her O'levels, she's good and eligible.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by virginofafrica(m): 2:17am On May 30, 2013
kevwe_flex:

How can you advice that when the rule states that:

The principal diversity visa applicant must have a high school education, or its equivalent, or two years of qualifying work experience, under provisions of United States (U.S.) law. This was explained in the DV Instructions for your eDV entry.

High School Education: A high school education means successful completion of a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of a 12-year course in the U.S.

Work Experience: If you are qualifying with work experience, you must have two years of experience in the last five years, in an occupation which, by U.S. Department of Labor definitions, requires at least two years of training or experience that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating of 7.0 or higher. The U.S. Department of Labor provides information on job duties, knowledge and skills, education and training, and other occupational characteristics at their website http://online.onetcenter.org/. The O*Net online database groups work experience into five "job zones." While many occupations are listed, only certain specified occupations qualify for the Diversity Visa Program.

So even if she puts hairdresser or whatever, that won't qualify her cos it won't be up to the Job Zone or SVP. So with her O'levels, she's good and eligible.
okay man just suggesting
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cenobs007(m): 5:24am On May 30, 2013
Hello Leo,
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cenobs007(m): 5:30am On May 30, 2013
virginofafrica: please i will advice you to print out the form fill it with you pen. Then sign it. And scan then attach it and send it. I will not advice you for to use adebo xi

Leo, Guy how far you don waka? You can call them even after 6 weeks like you said in your post when you said that was what they said. Calling them does not mean any harm. They welcome calls, okay? They place their numbers right there for you to call them for enquiries, okay? Hope you called them (US kentucky office) to confirm if they recieve your forms. Remember on my case, i had to call them out of curiosity and they told me they have recieved it. I later found the received email (NON REPLY) from them in my inbox.

You are LIKELY to recieve your 2nd Notification Letter may be as from AUGUST or SEPTEMBER. The letter indicates the date of your interview. Remember, BE VERY CAREFUL this period. PLAY CHRIST JESUS ROLE and BE GOOD and KIND. ALWAYS BE PRAYERFUL TO GOD AND CONNECT YOUR SEEDS TO THIS DV VISA TO BE SUCCESSFUL. HAVE IT IN MIND THAT IT IS A SUCCESS and DECLARE YOU HAVE THAT VISA IN JESUS NAME.

Meanwhile, i am EXPECTING you either DECEMBER 2013 or January 2014 to join me here in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. God bless you brother! And to every 2014 DV Applicants and Qualifiers, God bless you all and i WISH YOU SUCCESS in your interviews!

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cenobs007(m): 5:56am On May 30, 2013
Jollof: Like me, I bet you've all run around with your bathing towels wrapped above your shoulders like a cape and pretended to be Superman (and if you haven't then it's never too late!). Ever since I was a little brat I wanted to take to the skies. Air travel is the next best thing and I'm always looking forward to having a glass plastic cup of ice-cold apple juice which always tastes better at 10,000 feet. What could possibly disrupt this moment of long-awaited bliss? Cue the Nigerians... On my recent return trip from New York alone I encountered 7 annoying things Nigerians did on the plane:

1. Securing beds...in Economy Class! There's a game Nigerian passengers play whenever they're on-board a semi-full airplane - It's kind of similar to Musical Chairs...but without the music. Passengers snub the seats assigned to them and scout for a stretch of three to four empty seats before take-off. Handbags and other luggage items are strategically placed on empty seats in the hope for that Business Class experience - pathetic.

2. Making dramatic Nollywood scenes. Whoever said 'Rules are meant to be broken' must have been a Nigerian. We're pretty damn good at breaking rules...into smithereens, just for good measure. There was one woman sat at the front of economy class with her less-than-a-year-old baby. She put her baby down on the empty seat next to her when the seat belt light was off (not sure if that's proper in the first place but I'll let her off on that one). The moment the seat belt light was back on, however, one of the air hostesses called her to order and told her to strap her baby in place - RED ALERT! RED ALERT! MAY DAY! MAY DAY! You knew from the way the irritated mother turned her neck with that 'oh-no-you-didn't' expression all over her face that cabin pressure was under serious threat. Needless today she told the air hostess to mind her own business - ironically, that's what the air-hostess was trying to do in the first place...Safety of passengers...DUH! I can't remember if the thud I heard later on was due to turbulence or because the baby had rolled off the chair...

3. Taking pictures. You can imagine trying to enjoy a good book when suddenly the corner of your eye picks up the flash photography of some newbie whose obviously hell-bent on convincing everyone back in Nigeria that he/she indeed travel abroad. Newsflash! There may be people with photosensitive epilepsy on-board or nearby pilots wondering if there is a terrorist hijacking, with one unfortunate Nigerian who decided to break one simple rule 'DON'T MOVE!' (go figure!)

4. Farting. It's bad enough you left your assigned seat at the front and decided to come behind me and stretch yourself across four empty seats. Now you're so generous as to share your flatulence with me in small doses of ammonia-laced farts...not a one-off...periodic discharges which could catch choke me unawares if I dare yawn. FYI, avoid fizzy drinks on the plane if you know you can't handle your abdominal tract like few pros among us.

5. Drink to stupor. Is it the sheer pettiness of wanting to get one's money's worth that would make a passenger drink like a fish? (Remember, its Nigerians we're talking about here). Of course, it's not the drinking that bothers me but the mindless banter and laughter at completely 'unfunny' things that drives me up the Berlin wall (just like that - after a couple of drinks you'd be in stitches when you read 'drive me up the berlin wall').

6. Leaving toilets unlocked. Common sense consistently fails to prevail when most Nigerians use the airline's restrooms. It all boils down to refusing to acknowledge the instructions/directions carefully displayed all around them. It's quite simple - you enter the restroom and close it behind you. Right there on door is a slide lock which denotes 'Slide left to lock and right to open'. Why wouldn't I be interested in making sure that no one accidentally sees my 'bits'? Didn't they notice the green 'vacant' or the red 'occupied' sign before entering the lavatory? At my last count I've walked in on 3 unfortunate passengers who forgot to lock behind (but they all did once I exposed them...makes you wonder, eh?).

7. Sitting ovation. I'm not sure if you can relate but you're nearing your flight destination and as soon as the plane lands successfully passengers around you start to clap until virtually everyone joins in. Why are they doing this, you ask? beats me - for landing safely or for not crashing into the deep blue sea or for getting their money's worth after usurping the mini bar...I dunno. The clapping is cheesy in my opinion. I'd much prefer passengers go one by one to shake the pilot(s) for a job well done plane well-landed.

And coming in at a surprise number 8 is Irregular exercise. Make no mistake about it, Nigerians are terrified about premature death, more so than the average civilian (if that makes any sense). I've seen the most bizarre repetitions performed from kicking mid-air to punching only your left arm over the seat head in the same direction. Deep Vein thrombosis is no laughing matter so I guess all I have to do is close my eyes next time if I don't want to behold seemingly amateurish 'Kung-fu'.

See you on the next flight and God help you if you're sitting next to me, lol.

Aba! Oga Jollof Rice, You nor go use laf kill person, so tey i nor fit laf again, but wait to, to be sincere, you sure say nor be u do ALL THESE 7 ANNOYING THINGS for that airplane? enn Oga Jollof Rice? LOL
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by virginofafrica(m): 8:22am On May 30, 2013
cenobs007: Hello Leo,
hey is this uncle eddi
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Timika: 1:13pm On May 30, 2013
@virginofafrica and @flex. Pls can i be quite about my primary school, cos the first school leaving certificate cant be found in d school where i finished. The head mistress want to give me a cover letter, but my date of birth in the school register is different from wot i am using nw by one yr. The yr i joibned d school is also not correct. And d headmistress insits she wil£ include all those information like that pls help me. Wot do i do?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Timika: 1:24pm On May 30, 2013
The primary school record is the only thing delaying my submission of the form 230 and 122. Pls people help , should i be silent about my primary education? Will querrid abt d first school leaving cert? U kind response pls.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cenobs007(m): 2:51pm On May 30, 2013
virginofafrica: hey is this uncle eddi

Yeah! Dude, so what's up, you read my post, right? I tried calling your phone but its swift off. How can i call you?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cenobs007(m): 3:04pm On May 30, 2013
Timika: The primary school record is the only thing delaying my submission of the form 230 and 122. Pls people help , should i be silent about my primary education? Will querrid abt d first school leaving cert? U kind response pls.

Your WAEC/NECO/GCE results from the Ministry of Education bearing your school name and secondly, the statement of results from your school principal or proprietor, are what is required most.

NOTE: ALL DV APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED TO BE HONEST AND SINCERE IN ALL INFORMATION YOU ARE SUBMITTING BECAUSE HONESTY (TRUTH) IS WHAT THEY EXPECT FROM YOU. DO NOT TRY TO GO CONTRARY TO THIS RULE. Success is yours in JESUS NAME.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by dixon4u(m): 5:19pm On May 30, 2013
FOrumite, please i need your professional advice on this . i am a selectee for the DV2014 but i'm having some issues.the person that registered for me used a different name from the one i have on my credentials. my surname is the only correct name. please,what can i do? i dont wanna loose this opportunity o
My plan is to swear an affidavit of change of name but i dunno if i should attach it to the DS forms or wait for the second interview.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Opoki(m): 7:09pm On May 30, 2013
dixon4u: FOrumite, please i need your professional advice on this . i am a selectee for the DV2014 but i'm having some issues.the person that registered for me used a different name from the one i have on my credentials. my surname is the only correct name. please,what can i do? i dont wanna loose this opportunity o
haar, this is indeed a critical case... Considering the fact that DoS don't really bring out the primary/original picture used, its difficult... Could it have been a minor error, its still tenable. But lets see what people might come up with because if someone tender such for me, i won't buy it not to talk of white.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cenobs007(m): 7:44pm On May 30, 2013
dixon4u: FOrumite, please i need your professional advice on this . i am a selectee for the DV2014 but i'm having some issues.the person that registered for me used a different name from the one i have on my credentials. my surname is the only correct name. please,what can i do? i dont wanna loose this opportunity o

Damn. This is a critical and serious situation. Why would that person use a different name? Did you not give him/her your real (full) names? Somebody should help this dude. Should he call the Kentucky's office and explain to them, adding that it was his/her middle instead of first name as appeared on the credentials, before sending DSP forms to them. OR Should he bears the name as middle name by swearing an affidavit, in order to include the "said name" along his real names, because the US DV Interviewers are strict on any mishap especially when it comes to alterations. They might ask if REALLY you are the TRUE winner, especially when passport photograph was not used at the time the lottery form was filled, otherwise it would have been easier. I am just suggesting. Fellow forumites, this brother NEEDS your answers.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by virginofafrica(m): 8:23pm On May 30, 2013
cenobs007:

Damn. This is a critical and serious situation. Why would that person use a different name? Did you not give him/her your real (full) names? Somebody should help this dude. Should he call the Kentucky's office and explain to them, adding that it was his/her middle instead of first name as appeared on the credentials, before sending DSP forms to them. OR Should he bears the name as middle name by swearing an affidavit, in order to include the "said name" along his real names, because the US DV Interviewers are strict on any mishap especially when it comes to alterations. They might ask if REALLY you are the TRUE winner, especially when passport photograph was not used at the time the lottery form was filled, otherwise it would have been easier. I am just suggesting. Fellow forumites, this brother NEEDS your answers.
please i advise you. To swear am affidavit of name and take that said name as your middle name. Did you fill the form with your passport photograph ? If yes i think you are in line. Please more comment. We are brothers and sisters. God bless you all as you contribute
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by virginofafrica(m): 8:26pm On May 30, 2013
Please, will they accept statement of result from me. Because my real certificate is not yet ready, your urgent reply will help alot.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 8:50pm On May 30, 2013
Vikktorr:
Why not fill your form with a computer using the latest adobe reader, print, sign forms DSP-122 and DS 230 part I and send via a courier service. It wasn't written anywhere on the forms to send via email. I believe the email address is for inquires.

You can actually send via email. I called them and their response was in the affirmative. Also, I know of people in DV 2013 who sent via email and they got their 2NL even acknowledgment of receipt of the said forms. But if you are in doubt, do as Vikktorr has told u and send via courier which you can track as well.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 8:57pm On May 30, 2013
virginofafrica: please i will advice you to print out the form fill it with you pen. Then sign it. And scan then attach it and send it. I will not advice you for to use adebo xi

After filling with pen, you can actually fill it by typing it directly on the adobe, it makes it legible and neat. |After filling it there, print it, sign it and affix your 2x2 passport photographs and send via courier, but remember to put your CN on the top right side of all the documents. U can also mail it if u wish.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 8:58pm On May 30, 2013
Adegokenath: yes i am 100% sure that there will be second selection b4 the end of this year so keep checking.

From which source did you get that?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cenobs007(m): 9:06pm On May 30, 2013
virginofafrica: Please, will they accept statement of result from me. Because my real certificate is not yet ready, your urgent reply will help alot.

The possibility is meager. But before your interview, try and get the one from the Ministry of Education, because it is more genuine and authentic than just the statement of result that can easily be forged which they might also tell you.

Wow!! You guys are lucky! The US Government is making an attempt by making a law to cancel this DV Lottery as from next year. THIS IS NOT GOOD AT ALL! We all need to PRAY AGAINST this hideous outcome. angry
Info at
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/nov/30/house-passes-bill-cancel-diversity-visa-lottery/
http://dmhanmation./2013/05/03/u-s-to-cancel-visa-lottery/
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by dixon4u(m): 9:16pm On May 30, 2013
cenobs007:

My plan is to swear an affidavit of change of name but i dunno if i should attach it to the DS forms or wait for the second interview.the passport photograph i used is same
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by dixon4u(m): 9:20pm On May 30, 2013
dixon4u: Forumite, please i need your professional advice on this . i am a selectee for the DV2014 but i'm having some issues.the person that registered for me used a different name from the one i have on my credentials. my surname is the only correct name. please,what can i do? i dont wanna loose this opportunity o
My plan is to swear an affidavit of change of name but i dunno if i should attach it to the DS forms or wait for the second interview.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 9:35pm On May 30, 2013
Timika: @virginofafrica and @flex. Pls can i be quite about my primary school, cos the first school leaving certificate cant be found in d school where i finished. The head mistress want to give me a cover letter, but my date of birth in the school register is different from wot i am using nw by one yr. The yr i joibned d school is also not correct. And d headmistress insits she wil£ include all those information like that pls help me. Wot do i do?

One thing is certain about the DV lottery, HONESTY which will lead you to your visa and eventually green card. Whatever you are doing, let it be the truth only. if you can't get your First school leaving certificate, leave it but include it as the institution you attended. It's not compulsory. the minimum requirement for eligibility is O' level which I believe you have. Go to WAEC and get your certificate. It's just N2,000. But make sure you don't forge anything at all. Whatever you don't have tell them u don't have and give them good enough reasons why it is missing. You can go with d covering letter from the headmistress to the interview but do not submit it. You can tender it if d need arises. Or you may not be asked about it. So go ahead and submit your forms. Pls ensure all fields are filled properly and put N/A where "Not Applicable".
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 9:48pm On May 30, 2013
virginofafrica: Please, will they accept statement of result from me. Because my real certificate is not yet ready, your urgent reply will help alot.

I believe WAEC cert is only ready only after 5 yrs from the time you wrote the exams. So I believe they are aware. But have u gone to WAEC to verify first?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 10:12pm On May 30, 2013
your online print out will be accepted without stress.You must be very young wink
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cenobs007(m): 10:43pm On May 30, 2013
My laptop displayed
Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: System32\Drivers\Ntfs.sys
PLEASE I NEED HELP. Windows XP CD is expensive here in USA. I forgot mine back home in Nigeria. Guys i really your help here. I wish there is a way to download just THIS MISSING NTFS Driver.

This is my email cenobs@gmail.com

Please can anyone with the windows XP CD, send just this System32\Drivers\Ntfs.sys, which i think can be copied from the CD and send as zip folder to my email, cenobs@gmail.com. Or if possible bit-by-bit of the full windows xp cd. PLEASE ONCE AGAIN, i will be very glad if this is done, because THIS IS VERY URGENT. Thank you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adegokenath(m): 3:03am On May 31, 2013
kevwe_flex:

From which source did you get that?
live and direct from kcc
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 10:01am On May 31, 2013
Adegokenath: live and direct from kcc

Did u call them directly?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by dixon4u(m): 10:35am On May 31, 2013
Forumite, please i need your professional advice on this . i am a selectee for the DV2014 but i'm having some issues.the person that registered for me used a different name from the one i have on my credentials. my surname is the only correct name. please,what can i do? i dont wanna loose this opportunity o...
I'm using below example for your understanding.
The name i was registered with is Diamond, Adeleke Michael
My credentials carried Diamond, Leke Olamide
I bear all the name though.
I've been able to get my NPC birth cert and international passport to carry the names as Diamond, Adeleke Michael Olamide and also included Olamide as other name in the forms i sent to KCC. My concern now is my results that carry Diamond, Leke Olamide.
Do i need to get an affidavit for change of name from Diamond, Leke Olamide to Diamond, Adeleke Michael Olamide?
PLEASE I NEED YOUR ADVICE O

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (264) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.