Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,202 members, 7,891,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:22 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (431451 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 9:16am On Jun 02, 2013
thuyahky: please what such a question the co may ask from people who applied for single @ the interview,also can someone change the address and email when filling the dsp form cos am not living in the former address which i put when i apply...

Note: Questions are gonna be based on the information you ve given them so far, like highest qualification, best subject from school, what you do currently, ever been denied a visa, bla bla. But once your information and documents are true and genuine, of course you would be able to defend yourself boldly. But if u lie, it means you would need a thousand lies to back up your single lie, which would not definitely set you free.
Also you can change your address as it is possible for one to relocate since after playing the lottery. You can inform notify them of this that your address changed and would like to put the current one which is valid. You can reach them on this line as from 12:30pm Nigerian time during business days: +16065267500
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 9:26am On Jun 02, 2013
arun12: I have selected 2014 DV.but my problem is without married i have one kid,still i'm not married , when i'm apply for Dv Lottery i mark single ,now we are going to take wedding , but how can i change my status .they will accept or not.Please advice me.

Of course they will accept your change in status if it is genuine that you got married after playing the lottery and that you did not stage-managed it to accommodate for your derivative to follow to USA if eventually u r successful in your visa. Please do not forge anything, just be honest. If you are planning to get married now, ensure you take pictures, have a valid marriage certificate and other necessary documents to back it up. And there's provision for children born out of wedlock, they know these things (whether it's called common-law or there about, I have forgotten). But note, cos people are really desperate about these whole thing and could go any length to get anything, the CO would be really meticulous about your case to ensure there's no scam in it. Have you submitted your forms yet?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by thuyahky(m): 9:28am On Jun 02, 2013
kevwe_flex:

Note: Questions are gonna be based on the information you ve given them so far, like highest qualification, best subject from school, what you do currently, ever been denied a visa, bla bla. But once your information and documents are true and genuine, of course you would be able to defend yourself boldly. But if u lie, it means you would need a thousand lies to back up your single lie, which would not definitely set you free.
Also you can change your address as it is possible for one to relocate since after playing the lottery. You can inform notify them of this that your address changed and would like to put the current one which is valid. You can reach them on this line as from 12:30pm Nigerian time during business days: +16065267500
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by thuyahky(m): 9:34am On Jun 02, 2013
[quote author=thuyahky][/quote]thanks bro,have send it i just want know may be hav not made a mistake,also how can i know may be they have receive the form?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 9:37am On Jun 02, 2013
thuyahky: thanks bro,have send it i just want know may be hav not made a mistake,also how can i know may be they have receive the form?

What means did you send the forms and since when have you sent it? If you used a courier, you should have a tracking number with which you can track it, and it takes 3 business days to get delivered. You can also verify from them by calling them. They will ask you for your Date of birth, full name and CN. So get it readily available when calling them.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 11:12am On Jun 02, 2013
The 10 Happiest Cities For Young Professionals

No. 1 San Jose Calif.

Bliss score: 3.94

No. 2 San Francisco, Calif.

Bliss score: 3.93

No. 3 Washington, D.C.

Bliss score: 3.85

No. 4 Chicago, Ill.

No. 5 San Diego, Calif.

No. 6 Riverside, Calif.

Bliss score: 3.84

No. 7 Philadelphia, Pa.

Bliss score: 3.84

No. 8 Houston, Texas

Bliss score: 3.83

No. 9 Phoenix, Ariz.

No. 10 Boston, Mass.

Notice the state of California came out 4 times and it is also ranked as States with the highest tax burdens of 11.2% while Alaska has the lowest tax burdens of 7.0%
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cindybella: 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2013
Yea I saw house keeper and waitress too so are you advising that the hotel should write that I worked with them as a house keeper.Thanks
kevwe_flex:

[b]How To Find the Qualifying Occupations on the Department of Labor Website: Qualifying DV Occupations are shown on the Department of Labor O*Net Online Database. Follow these steps, when you are in O*Net Online to find out if your occupation qualifies:

Under "Find Occupations" select "Job Family" from the pull down;
Then Browse by “Job Family”. (For example, select Architecture and Engineering) and click "GO";
Then click on the link for your specific occupation. (As an example, select Aerospace Engineers. At the bottom of this Summary Report for Aerospace Engineers, under the Job Zone section, you will find the designated Job Zone 4, SVP Range, 7.0 to < 8.0. This means using this example, Aerospace Engineering is a qualifying occupation.)

If you do not have either the required education or qualifying work experience, you are not eligible to be issued a diversity visa. Only you, as the principal applicant, must meet this requirement. Your spouse and children do not have to meet this requirement. Do not continue with this application if you do not meet the qualifying education or work experience requirements explained above.[/b]
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 5:04pm On Jun 02, 2013
cindybella: Yea I saw house keeper and waitress too so are you advising that the hotel should write that I worked with them as a house keeper.Thanks

Is your house keeper and waitress designated Job Zone 4, SVP Range, 7.0 to < 8. If you do not have the required qualifying work experience, you are not eligible to be issued a diversity visa.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by cindybella: 7:55pm On Jun 02, 2013
Bro what of cooks
kevwe_flex:

Is your house keeper and waitress designated Job Zone 4, SVP Range, 7.0 to < 8. If you do not have the required qualifying work experience, you are not eligible to be issued a diversity visa.

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jun 02, 2013
Well my sister I think is ok but if you get the letter from the hotel will the embassy accept it
cindybella: Bro what of cooks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 9:11pm On Jun 02, 2013
cindybella: Bro what of cooks

Well then, package your job role and functions properly in your DSP 122 form and send it to them. If they check and it meets, they will send you your notification for interview. Remember again, the O*Net online database groups work experience into five "job zones." While many occupations are listed, only certain specified occupations qualify for the Diversity Visa Program., which must have two years of experience in the last five years, in an occupation which, by U.S. Department of Labor definitions, requires at least two years of training or experience that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating of 7.0 or higher.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by dixon4u(m): 9:52pm On Jun 02, 2013
Forumite, please i need your professional advice on this . i am a selectee for the DV2014 but i'm having some issues.the person that registered for me used a different name from the one i have on my credentials. my surname is the only correct name. please,what can i do? i dont wanna loose this opportunity o
My plan is to swear an affidavit of change of name but i dunno if i should attach it to the DS forms or wait for the second interview.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:43am On Jun 03, 2013
kevwe_flex:

Well then, package your job role and functions properly in your DSP 122 form and send it to them. If they check and it meets, they will send you your notification for interview. Remember again, the O*Net online database groups work experience into five "job zones." While many occupations are listed, only certain specified occupations qualify for the Diversity Visa Program., which must have two years of experience in the last five years, in an occupation which, by U.S. Department of Labor definitions, requires at least two years of training or experience that is designated as Job Zone 4 or 5, classified in a Specific Vocational Preparation (SVP) rating of 7.0 or higher.

Whether you're qualified or not, you will surely get your interview notice, it is the embassy that will determine visa approval or denial. The problem now is this person is just aiming after she had fired the shot.I hope she gets the pass after all.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 03, 2013
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Samimo: 11:09am On Jun 03, 2013
FILATEI: So what if u have been deny a visiting visa before, will this affect ur chances?

It will not affect your chances just prepare your documents very well and no lies oo.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chiwuike20: 1:48pm On Jun 03, 2013
A situation whr somebody gave an incomplete info ( error of ommission) and has already sent it to KCC, is there means by wch he can make a correction?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Samimo: 1:58pm On Jun 03, 2013
chiwuike20: A situation whr somebody gave an incomplete info ( error of ommission) and has already sent it to KCC, is there means by wch he can make a correction?
What kind of error? You can call kcc am sure they will give u the guideline.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 9:09pm On Jun 03, 2013
Folks, take some time out and read through the 2013 DV winners thread, it's over 700 pages but trust me after a few hundred pages you'll be properly tutored. Just my 1 cent.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by alickic(m): 8:56am On Jun 04, 2013
[quote author=dixon4u] Forumite, please i need your professional advice on this . i am a selectee for the DV2014 but i'm having some issues.the person that registered for me used a different name from the one i have on my credentials. my surname is the only correct name. please,what can i do? i dont wanna loose this opportunity o
My plan is to swear an affidavit of change of name but i dunno if i should attach it to the DS forms or wait for the second interview.[/
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagdude: 1:56pm On Jun 04, 2013
Congratulations to those that were selected,my wife was also selected,i have printed the form ds 122 and ds 230 for her,can she proceed in the processing or should wait till October 1 that was stated on the selection letter. Forumites,kindly assist a fellow.Thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Samimo: 2:20pm On Jun 04, 2013
lagdude: Congratulations to those that were selected,my wife was also selected,i have printed the form ds 122 and ds 230 for her,can she proceed in the processing or should wait till October 1 that was stated on the selection letter. Forumites,kindly assist a fellow.Thanks
Congrats to your wife, if I may ask whats her case number? The most important thing is to read the forms carefully after filling send to KCC immediately there is no point in waiting to October coz thats the period that the respective embassies will begin issuing immigrant visas to dv winners of 2014
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chiwuike20: 5:05pm On Jun 04, 2013
Pls, there's a situation whr d agent who played 4 someone put in a wrong place of birth and d person won. Is it advisable 4 dat person 2 continue using d new place of birth in filling d form or shud he make d correction? Ur help will be valuable
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 10:51pm On Jun 04, 2013
lagdude: Congratulations to those that were selected,my wife was also selected,i have printed the form ds 122 and ds 230 for her,can she proceed in the processing or should wait till October 1 that was stated on the selection letter. Forumites,kindly assist a fellow.Thanks

Fill the forms and send them to KCC. But before filling the form, take time out to read the instructions carefully as stated here: http://www.dvselectee.state.gov
Wish u God's favour in your endeavour. Feel free to ask any questions, we shall assist as best as we can.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagdude: 12:45pm On Jun 05, 2013
kevwe_flex:

Fill the forms and send them to KCC. But before filling the form, take time out to read the instructions carefully as stated here: http://www.dvselectee.state.gov
Wish u God's favour in your endeavour. Feel free to ask any questions, we shall assist as best as we can.

thanks bro,my wife presently work as a pension administrator,will this be eligible for a visa.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by giddadon(m): 1:46pm On Jun 05, 2013
Guys is there any news on more selection?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adegokenath(m): 3:57pm On Jun 05, 2013
giddadon: Guys is there any news on more selection?
YES GOOD NEWS ADDITIONAL ENTRIES MAY BE SELECTED IN OCTOBER 2013, SO THEREFORE PRAYER WORRIORS CAN START PRAYING NOW BEFORE THE SECOND DRAW GOODLUCK TO ME.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by foxybaby(f): 3:59pm On Jun 05, 2013
Abi ooooooo
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adegokenath(m): 3:59pm On Jun 05, 2013
giddadon: Guys is there any news on more selection?

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (264) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.