Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,644 members, 7,921,401 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 01:48 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (433716 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 9:41pm On Jun 13, 2013
lagdude:
my wife did her passport online before we got married in 2008,she was captured then but wasnt issued the passport,we got married in 2011 and when i persuaded her to do another passport,she was told that she has 1 already that until that expired before she will get another 1 but at the long run that one that she snapped in 2008 was printed with 2012 as issued date with her maiden name on it. I hope there wont be any issue at the embassy due to the fact that we got married in 2011,but she has done a change of name and its been publised,we have the said published newspaper with us. @Kevwe_flex, please kindly assist on this. Thank you.

What I think is that, if your wife is eventually issued the visa which would be in your name and not her maiden name as she would have used your name in the application, would it not be at variance with what will be on the e-passport? I know of someone (male) that had to go to Abuja to rectify that with the immigration. And it costs him 60k. So it's up to you to decide really. Cos anything worth doing, is worth doing well. Don't think of the money, if you can afford it, go for it. Once there's a will there's a way. This is just my candid opinion. I stand to be corrected. I hope this helps
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 9:45pm On Jun 13, 2013
adeadebayor: please haos can someone help me with the procedure for converting file to pdf. Your prompt response wil b highly appreciated.

Ok what sort of file are you converting to pdf? If you have Microsoft Word 2010, there's an option to save the document as PDF when you click save as. Or if you have PDF Creator, install it on your system, go to Devices and printers, set PDF Creator as your default printer, then try and print the file, it would come out as PDF and then you will save it. I used it to convert a document I sent to KCC. it was an addendum, as the original form was not sufficient to capture the information I needed to put there.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 9:49pm On Jun 13, 2013
femishow2005: hello house,am just follwin d thread..my wife's the PA here and we weren't married yet when I applied for her..pls house our case number is 863X when are likely tto b called for interview..thanks

Studying previous visa bulletin, it's likely to be Nov/Dec. Not later than Dec. In 2011, ur CN became current Nov, while in 2012 it became current Dec. So that's my permutation, and I strongly believe it. I will also advised that you include your marriage certificate as part of the doc to send to KCC this early stage to notify them of status change which is inevitable.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 9:55pm On Jun 13, 2013
Vikktorr: Hello house, ok I know this is a silly mistake or should I say omission. I filled my DSP-122 form completely with all my edutionally institutions listed accordingly but on the DS-230 form I only put my highest educational institution (B.Sc). Trust me I thought that part was only for the highest qualification. I feel stupid right now. Please what do guys think I should do? Will they ignore it cos It's already reflecting on the DSP-122 form? I sent my forms mid may and they have confirmed receipt.

Well then, fill the form DS-230 again including the information you erroneously omitted, sign it, scan it and convert to PDF, then mail to KCCDV@state.gov, after few days, they will acknowledge receipt. I did same when we forgot to sign any of the forms and they replied that the information has been added to my case file for processing.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 13, 2013
I'M back at yall
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 13, 2013
Pls help me house.. I
applied for 2014 dv
lottery i was not
chosen, so im trying to
study in America on a
student visa. Hope this
wont affect me if im
finally chosen by Oct.
cuz i heard therell be
anoda selection.. Pls
advice
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 10:37pm On Jun 13, 2013
Amefrica: Pls help me house.. I
applied for 2014 dv
lottery i was not
chosen, so im trying to
study in America on a
student visa. Hope this
wont affect me if im
finally chosen by Oct.
cuz i heard therell be
anoda selection.. Pls
advice
Why should it affect you, when residents in the USA also play visa lottery,win and status changed.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 13, 2013
kevwe_flex:
Why should it affect you, when residents in the USA also play visa lottery,win and status changed.

Ok thanks bruh
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chiwuike20: 5:27am On Jun 14, 2013
Guru adesojiaderemi pls I nid u to give me ur email I'd, there's somth I want to ask u. Thanks in advance and also extand temmy's email too if its within ur reach
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Vikktorr(m): 8:13am On Jun 14, 2013
Thanks Obatide and Kevwe. I'll do just that as soon as I get to the office today. You guys have been very helpful. God Bless
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 8:36am On Jun 14, 2013
@kevwe..thanks i do apprecia8
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Vikktorr(m): 10:00am On Jun 14, 2013
@Obatide and Kevwe... I just realised why I didn't feel my secondary and primary school on the DS-230 form... It's actually for higher institutions only cos there are spaces for course of study and degree/diploma... We don't get degrees in primary and secondary. So I think I'm fine.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by thuyahky(m): 10:22am On Jun 14, 2013
kevwe_flex:

Studying previous visa bulletin, it's likely to be Nov/Dec. Not later than Dec. In 2011, ur CN became current Nov, while in 2012 it became current Dec. So that's my permutation, and I strongly believe it. I will also advised that you include your marriage certificate as part of the doc to send to KCC this early stage to notify them of status change which is inevitable.
what ‎​į̸̸̨§ the meaning of mailing address ‎​į̸̸̨§ it email address or full home address...still waiting
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 10:37am On Jun 14, 2013
Vikktorr: @Obatide and Kevwe... I just realised why I didn't feel my secondary and primary school on the DS-230 form... It's actually for higher institutions only cos there are spaces for course of study and degree/diploma... We don't get degrees in primary and secondary. So I think I'm fine.

Kindly revisit that ur stand cos, what u have after successful completion of pry. Schl is PSLC
While for sec. Schl, it is SSCE
further, it could be OND, HND, B.SC, B.TECH, B.A, M.A, M.SC, M.PHIL, P.HD etc.
So for every level of education, there is qualification, which I think is what they required from applicant.

Pls revisit b4 getting late.

Constructive criticisms are welcome
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by obamaobama: 11:04am On Jun 14, 2013
Amefrica: I'M back at yall
from where
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Vikktorr(m): 12:15pm On Jun 14, 2013
Obatide:

Kindly revisit that ur stand cos, what u have after successful completion of pry. Schl is PSLC
So for every level of education, there is qualification, which I think is what they required from applicant.

Ok. So tell me about the course of study please? WAEC, SSCE and PSLC are school leaving certificates. B.Sc, M.Sc, P.hD etc are degrees or u can have diplomas. Think about this Obatide
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by adeadebayor: 4:59pm On Jun 14, 2013
hello ma brodas and sistas in d dvlottery, I submiited my form 2day to kccdv@state.gov. Hw long can I wait to know if my submission is successful. For those want to send your form cheaply, u can follow this procedure:

1.fill d forms correctly and carefully on computer.
2.print it and append ur signature to necessary places.
3.attach ur pport to the front page of forms and scan d forms and safe in jpeg format.
4.scan ur passport also separately.
5. Instal pdf creator on ur system (it is a software o dat allows u to convert ur file to pdf).
6.print any of d scan image, when d printer window prompt to select d file u want to print just select all. At d point where u can select printer to print select pdf creator and click ok.
7. Pdf creator pop up then click on save. It will ask where u want to save, specify d location and click save.
8. Attach d pdf u just created and the passport and send to KCCDV@state.gov

This simple step wil save u 12k to 13k of sending through normal mail and is very fast. ONE LUV.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by babe2011(f): 5:17pm On Jun 14, 2013
Hello house I need advise, my husband and his ex did the lottery together as couple before they broke up and married me, now the result came out and the girl status read successful she won and my husband was unsuccessful. Now my husband said since shez the one that was sucessful that it doesn't involve him but deep down I guess since they played couple is for both of them. Pls someone should educate me the processing. Thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by adeadebayor: 5:44pm On Jun 14, 2013
babe2011: Hello house I need advise, my husband and his ex did the lottery together as couple before they broke up and married me, now the result came out and the girl status read successful she won and my husband was unsuccessful. Now my husband said since shez the one that was sucessful that it doesn't involve him but deep down I guess since they played couple is for both of them. Pls someone should educate me the processing. Thanks

see darama
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagdude: 5:46pm On Jun 14, 2013
kevwe_flex:

What I think is that, if your wife is eventually issued the visa which would be in your name and not her maiden name as she would have used your name in the application, would it not be at variance with what will be on the e-passport? I know of someone (male) that had to go to Abuja to rectify that with the immigration. And it costs him 60k. So it's up to you to decide really. Cos anything worth doing, is worth doing well. Don't think of the money, if you can afford it, go for it. Once there's a will there's a way. This is just my candid opinion. I stand to be corrected. I hope this helps

Thanks so much,God will continue to bless you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 6:03pm On Jun 14, 2013
thuyahky: what ‎​į̸̸̨§ the meaning of mailing address ‎​į̸̸̨§ it email address or full home address...still waiting

full home address. If it were email, they would ve stated clearly.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by thuyahky(m): 6:41pm On Jun 14, 2013
kevwe_flex:

full home address. If it were email, they would ve stated clearly.
thanks bro,also i mail them †̥ confirm may be ♍Ɣ‎​ dsp form has been receive bt this what they write that due †̥ too much message receive daily that they can do dat for now,also they said if i want †̥ confirm it should be after 2month have already send it that ‎​į̸̸̨§ when i can confirm....waiting for ‎​Ɣ☺ΰr reply
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by babe2011(f): 6:56pm On Jun 14, 2013
adeadebayor:

see darama
broda na real drama suspecting them communicating again. I'm really worried
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 6:56pm On Jun 14, 2013
Vikktorr:

Vikktorr: @Obatide and Kevwe... I just realised why I didn't feel my secondary and primary school on the DS-230 form... It's actually for higher institutions only cos there are spaces for course of study and degree/diploma... We don't get degrees in primary and secondary. So I think I'm fine.
Obatide:

Pls Vikktorr, if you take a cursory look at form DSP-122, item #6, where it states education, there is section for High school-no degree, college-no degree. What does it mean? So just as Obatide as explained to you, that is how it goes, put PSLC for pry education, etc. And you are sending it via e-mail at no cost just to update your files. But if you think otherwise just as you have been thinking, no problem. We are just trying to contribute the little we know. I am not a lawyer, just my opinion. Take care.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 6:57pm On Jun 14, 2013
adeadebayor: hello ma brodas and sistas in d dvlottery, I submiited my form 2day to kccdv@state.gov. Hw long can I wait to know if my submission is successful. For those want to send your form cheaply, u can follow this procedure:

1.fill d forms correctly and carefully on computer.
2.print it and append ur signature to necessary places.
3.attach ur pport to the front page of forms and scan d forms and safe in jpeg format.
4.scan ur passport also separately.
5. Instal pdf creator on ur system (it is a software o dat allows u to convert ur file to pdf).
6.print any of d scan image, when d printer window prompt to select d file u want to print just select all. At d point where u can select printer to print select pdf creator and click ok.
7. Pdf creator pop up then click on save. It will ask where u want to save, specify d location and click save.
8. Attach d pdf u just created and the passport and send to KCCDV@state.gov

This simple step wil save u 12k to 13k of sending through normal mail and is very fast. ONE LUV.

At most a week for them to acknowledge receipt.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 7:03pm On Jun 14, 2013
babe2011: Hello house I need advise, my husband and his ex did the lottery together as couple before they broke up and married me, now the result came out and the girl status read successful she won and my husband was unsuccessful. Now my husband said since shez the one that was sucessful that it doesn't involve him but deep down I guess since they played couple is for both of them. Pls someone should educate me the processing. Thanks

I don't know o. Even if they want to proceed with the processing, how are they gonna prove that they are truly married? Or are they gonna say it is a common law marriage or companion living together not married? I think it is daisy. That lottery from my own point of view is lost. It may be a futile effort if for example they should try. Cos just this week, a couple who were actually, truly married were drilled for hours at the embassy before their visa was eventually approved talk less of arrangee marriage. Or house what do u think?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 7:09pm On Jun 14, 2013
thuyahky: thanks bro,also i mail them †̥ confirm may be ♍Ɣ‎​ dsp form has been receive bt this what they write that due †̥ too much message receive daily that they can do dat for now,also they said if i want †̥ confirm it should be after 2month have already send it that ‎​į̸̸̨§ when i can confirm....waiting for ‎​Ɣ☺ΰr reply

When did you send your forms? If it's just 2-3days, you gonna have to wait. Cos like they said, which they also told me, they have volumes of mails to attend to. You can just wait for about 2 weeks before you put a call to them at (+1) 606-526-7500 between 7:30am and 4:00pm EST, which should be as from 12:30 pm 9ja time to confirm your forms.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by adeadebayor: 7:27pm On Jun 14, 2013

my candid opinion. If ur husband ex truely want to process d visa, all she need to do is get a divorce certificate as evidence n wula! D visa is hers. As 4 ur husband, he might because of US visa beg his ex n reconcile and if d ex consider him I dont know what wil be ur fate o. Good luck.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by babe2011(f): 7:32pm On Jun 14, 2013
adeadebayor:

my candid opinion. If ur husband ex truely want to process d visa, all she need to do is get a divorce certificate as evidence n wula! D visa is hers. As 4 ur husband, he might because of US visa beg his ex n reconcile and if d ex consider him I dont know what wil be ur fate o. Good luck.
thank u broda and me myself its because of him I relocated to nigeria. I'm really worried cause now he's hiding things from me and sometimes acting funny. Men men men Its well
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by babe2011(f): 7:34pm On Jun 14, 2013
kevwe_flex:

I don't know o. Even if they want to proceed with the processing, how are they gonna prove that they are truly married? Or are they gonna say it is a common law marriage or companion living together not married? I think it is daisy. That lottery from my own point of view is lost. It may be a futile effort if for example they should try. Cos just this week, a couple who were actually, truly married were drilled for hours at the embassy before their visa was eventually approved talk less of arrangee marriage. Or house what do u think?
thank you broda I appreciate your response.na to buckle up I dey so.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by thuyahky(m): 8:04pm On Jun 14, 2013
kevwe_flex:

When did you send your forms? If it's just 2-3days, you gonna have to wait. Cos like they said, which they also told me, they have volumes of mails to attend to. You can just wait for about 2 weeks before you put a call to them at (+1) 606-526-7500 between 7:30am and 4:00pm EST, which should be as from 12:30 pm 9ja time to confirm your forms.
thanks bro,have already send it ǾϞ may 20 also i change the address and email cos when i playd it am wit ♍Ɣ‎​ bros in lagos so when am filling the dsp form i change it †̥ ♍Ɣ‎​ home address which ‎​į̸̸̨§ another state and ♍Ɣ‎​ own email,also they ask a question in the form that where i want †̥ stay in the USA if i get there but i wrote "not decided yet" hope have not make a mistake...am waiting for ‎​Ɣ☺ΰr reply thanks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by virginofafrica(m): 8:25am On Jun 15, 2013
any other country with dv lottery program ?[/quote] yes na try tanzania,sierra lone, ethiopia and mozambique.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (264) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.