Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,534 members, 7,921,021 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 04:19 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (433681 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ManTiger(m): 11:49pm On Jun 18, 2013
hardboya: Been selected for the lottery but am yet to get married.After getting my green card,how long will it take before filing for her to join me in the states
Approximately 5yrs when you've become citizen... The year of becoming a Citizen varies, some between 4mths*winks*.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ManTiger(m): 12:03am On Jun 19, 2013
kevwe_flex:

What's the difference between current and interview? Shhmmmm lipsrsealed Na wa o.
thuyahky: thanks bro,also ♍Ɣ‎​ CN ‎​į̸̸̨§ almost 10150 so wen do U̶̲̥̅̊ tink ♍Ɣ‎​ interview we be schedule?
kevwe_flex:

What's the difference between current and interview? Shhmmmm lipsrsealed Na wa o.
A forum is a place where there are constellation of ideas, there is no need to show superiority or disprove one another. Read the statement below.
My Case Number became current this month for an interview in August.
Technically, KCC gives between 6-8weeks for preparation and to get necessary docs so what i mean was if that guy will be going for an interview in February 2014, KCC will notify him through 2NL by Dec 15th 2013.
Peace bro.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 3:02am On Jun 19, 2013
kevwe_flex:
kevwe_flex:What's the difference between current and interview? Shhmmmm lipsrsealed Na wa o.
thuyahky:
thuyahky: thanks bro,also ♍Ɣ‎​ CN ‎​į̸̸̨§ almost 10150 so wen do U̶̲̥̅̊ tink ♍Ɣ‎​ interview we be schedule?
kevwe_flex:
kevwe_flex:What's the difference between current and interview? Shhmmmm lipsrsealed Na wa o.
A forum is a place where there are constellation of ideas, there is no need to show superiority or disprove one another. Read the statement below.
My Case Number became current this month for an interview in August.
Technically, KCC gives between 6-8weeks for preparation and to get necessary docs so what i mean was if that guy will be going for an interview in February 2014, KCC will notify him through 2NL by Dec 15th 2013.
Peace bro.[/quote]

Ok sorry, just let us as much as possible be factual in our discussions in this forum so we do not mislead others. No one is an island of him/herself. We all learn from each other. What you are not sure of, it's best not to comment or better still make research before posting it. So much comments that are prompted by someone's thinking or hearsay or 'bush-radio' and which are not founded.

Current/non-current: There are numerical limits on the number of immigrant visas that can be granted to aliens from any one foreign country. The limit is based on place of birth, not citizenship. Because of the numerical limits, this means there is a waiting time before the immigrant visa can be granted. The terms current/non-current refer to the priority date of a petition in preference immigrant visa cases in relationship to the immigrant cut-off date. If your priority date is before than the cut-off date according to the monthly Visa Bulletin, your case is current. This means your immigrant visa case can now be processed. However, if your priority date is later/comes after the cut-off date, you will need to wait longer, until your priority date is reached (becomes current). To find out whether a preference case is current, see the Visa Bulletin.

Immediate relative immigrant visa cases do not have country numerical limits, with waiting times as a result of the country limits. The terms priority date, cut-off date and current/non-current does not apply for immediate relative cases.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by miz4oxley(m): 6:56am On Jun 19, 2013
janut:

Well, I think we may just have to pray they overlook it as error. Cos like the lady at Kentucky said they cant change it.

But, you wrote that one can change those details on the form to be submitted to KCC. I think people have had such experiences and they got the VISA.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by nubian269: 12:24pm On Jun 19, 2013
ManTiger: You've got no problem, trust me, just re-fill the form correctly, scan and send to KCC, it will be added to your case file and you could follow up wit h a call for your explanation, since you guys are listed, you're good to fly, Goodluck
@ManTiger, it quite a relief to hear this. However should I fill and send only the affected page alone, or the entire form itself? Thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ManTiger(m): 1:03pm On Jun 19, 2013
nubian269: @ManTiger, it quite a relief to hear this. However should I fill and send only the affected page alone, or the entire form itself? Thanks
The affected page will be better and add a note to it i.e. Little explanation.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by janut: 6:39pm On Jun 19, 2013
[quote author=miz4oxley]

But, you wrote that one can change those details on the form to be submitted to KCC. I think people have had such experiences and they got the VISA. Just ask @Alickic. He's got testimonie.

What I mean is that Kentucky office can't do anything about. All they will do is include what you sent on the forms in your case file, review it and then send to consular in Nigeria. It up to d c.o to accept it as error or not.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by miz4oxley(m): 7:14pm On Jun 19, 2013
[quote author=janut][/quote]

@Janut, I wish someone who's been in such shoe or know someone who has undergone such will just come here tell us the likely challenges one might face @ the Embassy or what one could do, say and maybe any advice. @Alickic's been a great buddie anyway. Cheers good luck Bro. I hope to read from other good advisors on this.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by MsSantaClaus(f): 9:00am On Jun 20, 2013
miz4oxley:

@Janut, I wish someone who's been in such shoe or know someone who has undergone such will just come here tell us the likely challenges one might face @ the Embassy or what one could do, say and maybe any advice. @Alickic's been a great buddie anyway. Cheers good luck Bro. I hope to read from other good advisors on this.

Hi, I've been through the interview and I have my green card, so what do you want to know?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by MsSantaClaus(f): 9:03am On Jun 20, 2013
ManTiger:
Approximately 5yrs when you've become citizen... The year of becoming a Citizen varies, some between 4mths*winks*.

That's not strictly correct. You don't have to be a citizen to file for your wife. You can file as a legal green card holder.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by MsSantaClaus(f): 9:18am On Jun 20, 2013
janut: House pls help me out out this-
My confirmation page does not have my correct year of birth( this I must admit is my own error)because when I called Kentucky the lady was able to confirm my name, day of birth and month of birth, but when it got to the year of birth she said what I gave does not tally with what she has on her system and what they have on their system is exactly as I submitted it which cannot be changed. After that I then laid a complain via mail and I was told to submit the correct one when sending in my documents and it will be included in my file for review as they do not have the power to make any changes.
All my documents i.e birth cert, WAEC cert,international passport as well as marriage cert, carries my right age which I will tender during my interview. But my main concern is if the consular officer might use this error as grounds for denying me visa.
Would appreciate all your candid opinion.

They will not refuse you based on that, but I advise you have a strong reason for the error , backed up with documentary evidence . Make sure your story is simple and reasonable. Don't complicate issues.

Please house, I have been for many embassy interviews, and my advice to anyone going for an interview is, do not offer any information unless you are asked for it.
Many of the things you all mention here as problems, the interviewing officer may not even notice.
Having said that, be sure you have a good reason, with documents for any thing you are not sure about, but please do not be the one to bring it up, let the interviewer ask you if she wants, yours is to be prepared with a short simple cogent answer.

Only answer what you are asked, don't talk to much and don't give unnecessary explanations.
Answer only what you are asked and no more.
If you don't understand the question, ask for an explanation, don't assume you do and answer wrongly.
Also most important, stick to your story, do not tell lies!
They can ask the same question in different ways , so make sure you give the same answer every time.
Be relaxed and all will be well.
Good luck everyone!

3 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by miz4oxley(m): 10:05am On Jun 20, 2013
MsSantaClaus:

They will not refuse you based on that, but I advise you have a strong reason for the error , backed up with documentary evidence . Make sure your story is simple and reasonable. Don't complicate issues.

Please house, I have been for many embassy interviews, and my advice to anyone going for an interview is, do not offer any information unless you are asked for it.
Many of the things you all mention here as problems, the interviewing officer may not even notice.
Having said that, be sure you have a good reason, with documents for any thing you are not sure about, but please do not be the one to bring it up, let the interviewer ask you if she wants, yours is to be prepared with a short simple cogent answer.

Only answer what you are asked, don't talk to much and don't give unnecessary explanations.
If you don't understand the question, ask for an explanation, don't assume you do and answer wrongly.
They can ask the same question in different ways , so make sure you give the same answer every time.
Good luck everyone!

Nice words there Bro. Thanks.... I want to believe this settles the matter.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by abiodunraufu: 10:37am On Jun 20, 2013
Is age a factor during the visa lottery interview? Are people above 50 at a dis-advantage?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by SURGEE(m): 11:42am On Jun 20, 2013
gokman4u: Good Effort Forumites,
Am a proud winner of DV2014 and av mailed my forms 2 Kcc already.
Pls I av some questns 2 ask.
Everybody keeps talking abut Waec result,is 5 credits in Neco not eligible?
Pls reply....
Tanks
i tried checking the status for people on my fone and non of them won. Nw to check my own, its always telling me error or sumtin is missing. Could it be that i have been selected and the selectn page had sum security sumfin that could open on phone bt on the system. Opting to use the system very soon.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by abiodunraufu: 11:46am On Jun 20, 2013
How will 2014 selectees be informed about their interview dates?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by abiodunraufu: 12:07pm On Jun 20, 2013
What are the chances of my 53-year old brother who is a 2014 selecte? He is a lawyer with master's degree and he is married with four kids. Will his age count against him during the visa interview?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 2:50pm On Jun 20, 2013
@abiodunraufu: How will 2014 selectees be informed about their interview dates?
What are the chances of my 53-year old brother who is a 2014 selectee? He is a lawyer with master's degree and he is married with four kids. Will his age count against him during the visa interview?

1.Through the same way they saw they won and checking when their case number is current by observing the visa bulletin 15th of every month.

2.No, his age will not count against him. I don’t think there is any age limit, did your brother include his wife and children?

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by abiodunraufu: 4:28pm On Jun 20, 2013
Thank you very much pjogotum1 for the clarification on the matter of age. Yes, my brother included the names of his wife and kids.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by janut: 4:55pm On Jun 20, 2013
MsSantaClaus:

Good luck everyone!

@MsSantaClaus
Great advice. Thanks for your response.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by derekwan9: 6:17pm On Jun 20, 2013
Pls I need a help. My gf won the 2014 US lottery which I played for her, I used her parent name and still put MARRIED on her status though she's SINGLE cos we re planning our wedding sooner dis year been 2013. The problem I have now since I used her parent name which is my middle name but the only problem to it is "H" @ the ending of her surname which is nt mine middle name.
We are set for d marriage but want her to answer my middle name rather than my Surname. My question is, does the "H" matters and her bearing my middle name is it legal cos I ve an international passport bearing my father's user name not my middle name as my surname... Pls help ASAP
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ManTiger(m): 6:44pm On Jun 20, 2013
derekwan9: Pls I need a help. My gf won the 2014 US lottery which I played for her, I used her parent name and still put MARRIED on her status though she's SINGLE cos we re planning our wedding sooner dis year been 2013. The problem I have now since I used her parent name which is my middle name but the only problem to it is "H" @ the ending of her surname which is nt mine middle name.
We are set for d marriage but want her to answer my middle name rather than my Surname. My question is, does the "H" matters and her bearing my middle name is it legal cos I ve an international passport bearing my father's user name not my middle name as my surname... Pls help ASAP
Sorry, I really don't get your Question but someone who does will respond shortly but till then, get necessary documents and try not to indulge in a sham marriage, getting married after the release of dv result could be seen as arrangee/sham.
Bro, I wish you all the best.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by derekwan9: 9:06pm On Jun 20, 2013
ManTiger:
Sorry, I really don't get your Question but someone who does will respond shortly but till then, get necessary documents and try not to indulge in a sham marriage, getting married after the release of dv result could be seen as arrangee/sham.
Bro, I wish you all the best.

What I mean is that Her Surname is Obiorah which is on her result and my middle name is Obiora... We getting married and she bearing my middle name on d marriage certificate don't it mean.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by MsSantaClaus(f): 12:56am On Jun 21, 2013
derekwan9:

What I mean is that Her Surname is Obiorah which is on her result and my middle name is Obiora... We getting married and she bearing my middle name on d marriage certificate don't it mean.

You are setting yourself up for serious trouble!! Do not attempt to try and manipulate the names. If you and your girlfriend are indeed getting married, go and conduct a court wedding then your girlfriend should go ahead with her application and tender your marriage certificate, actually send it to Kcc immediately and include you as her spouse. Make sure you have ALL necessary pictures to back up your claims of being in love o! If not you are both going to be kicked out for marriage fraud! On a serious note, please avoid anything that looks or smells like a sham marriage, it's a serious of fence and could get both of you a lifetime Ban.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 7:25am On Jun 21, 2013
[author=ManTiger]
ManTiger:
Approximately 5yrs when you've become citizen... The year of becoming a Citizen varies, some between 4mths*winks*.[/quote]

[author=MsSantaClaus]
MsSantaClaus:
That's not strictly correct. You don't have to be a citizen to file for your wife. You can file as a legal green card holder.[/quote]

This is precisely what I'm talking about about. Premonition upon Premonition, them say upon them say, I think upon I think. No research, just anything that comes to the head, you just write. @ MsSantaClaus thanks for that.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 12:13pm On Jun 21, 2013
Hello House, you guyz r doin a gre8 job in hia #niceone...pls i wan to ask..for medicalreprt wch hospital r recommded or perhaps recognizd at d embassy. thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ManTiger(m): 1:46pm On Jun 21, 2013
kevwe_flex: [author=ManTiger]
ManTiger:

[author=MsSantaClaus]
MsSantaClaus:
That's not strictly correct. You don't have to be a citizen to file for your wife. You can file as a legal green card holder.

This is precisely what I'm talking about about. Premonition upon Premonition, them say upon them say, I think upon I think. No research, just anything that comes to the head, you just write. @ MsSantaClaus thanks for that.
Read my signature bro.
@bolded: How soon? Immediately?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by BJ369: 1:51pm On Jun 21, 2013
Hi guys, kindly help shed more light on the underlisted questions:

1. Please help clarify between Birth certificate and Attestation of Birth. I was born before 1992 and i only have the old birth certificate issued to me by the hospital. Which do i need to take with me to the interview.

2. Which should be taken along, the marriage certificate issued by the church or the one issued by the court/Local Government?

3. There is this talk about the interviewers focusing their questions more on best performed subjects in SSCE, what actually applies with someone with an advanced degree(MBA)?

Thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by miz4oxley(m): 6:19pm On Jun 21, 2013
Pls, I'll like someone on this forum to answer this questions pls.

1. Which of my Identity used in registering serves as the most important to the CO. Is it my passport and date of Birth cert. + other docs. And, by the way, will the CO open my picture in which I use to register on the day of the interview to confirm the identity?

2. What are the chances of getting the Visa?

Pls, I wish I can get an answer to this? Pls
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by MsSantaClaus(f): 2:09am On Jun 22, 2013
miz4oxley: Pls, I'll like someone on this forum to answer this questions pls.

1. Which of my Identity used in registering serves as the most important to the CO. Is it my passport and date of Birth cert. + other docs. And, by the way, will the CO open my picture in which I use to register on the day of the interview to confirm the identity?

2. What are the chances of getting the Visa, even when you made some mistakes and you've sent in your forms to KCC following a note and clarification?

Pls, I wish I can get an answer to this? Pls

1. The file with EVERYTHING You have ever sent to them is right in front of them at your interview. Every information you sent has to tally or they want to know the reason it doesn't .all forms of identity are important. If they are not satisfied with any of your documents they will tell you to submit an alternate one, stating their exact requirements. They only send your file to Nigeria when all documentation is complete. My B.C was rejected because I had lost my original and they did not accept the one I originally sent , which was a notarized copy of the original.They sent me a notice of what they wanted and , accepted that.
They didn't even mention it at the interview.

. Yes they will look at your original picture, even though they will ask you to bring current ones to the interview.

2. As long as you sent in any supporting information to the Kcc clarifying the issues and mistakes, as I said above the interviewing officer will give you an opportunity to explain yourself and submitt or show her any other supporting evidence. It is now up to her to decide whether or not to believe you. The final decision rests with that interviewing officer, so make sure you satisfy her or him with your reasons.
Your chances are as good as any ones, as long as your reasons are defendable. I've seen officers interrogate a person for almost an hour and everyone is sure that the person will be refused, only for the officer to grant the visa. I've also witnessed them drilling the C.E.O of diamond Banks wife for over an hour, so , no one is exempt from their questions, the difference is the quality and consistency of your answers .
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by miz4oxley(m): 2:45am On Jun 22, 2013
MsSantaClaus:

1. The file with EVERYTHING You have ever sent to them is right in front of them at your interview. Every information you sent has to tally or they want to know the reason it doesn't .all forms of identity are important. If they are not satisfied with any of your documents they will tell you to submit an alternate one, stating their exact requirements. They only send your file to Nigeria when all documentation is complete. My B.C was rejected because I had lost my original and they did not accept the one I originally sent , which was a notarized copy of the original.They sent me a notice of what they wanted and , accepted that.
They didn't even mention it at the interview.

. Yes they will look at your original picture, even though they will ask you to bring current ones to the interview.

2. As long as you sent in any supporting information to the Kcc clarifying the issues and mistakes, as I said above the interviewing officer will give you an opportunity to explain yourself and submitt or show her any other supporting evidence. It is now up to her to decide whether or not to believe you. The final decision rests with that interviewing officer, so make sure you satisfy her or him with your reasons.
Your chances are as good as any ones, as long as your reasons are defendable. I've seen officers interrogate a person for almost an hour and everyone is sure that the person will be refused, only for the officer to grant the visa. I've also witnessed them drilling the C.E.O of diamond Banks wife for over an hour, so , no one is exempt from their questions, the difference is the quality and consistency of your answers .

Thanks for your reply Bro. May God Bless you. #Satisfied.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by sendtodeji: 4:03am On Jun 22, 2013
Congratulations to all the DVLottery winners. It's good to be back on NairaLand after two years of being away. A so-called moderator locked me out of Nairaland for reasons best known to him/her.

I started out on this immigration journey in 2003 (when I reluctantly submitted the paper-based application). I landed on the shore of the US in October 2004. I was the last person in my family that one would I've expected to travel overseas. I was the only one without an International passport. My dad had the privilege of studying in the US in the 70s and has always told us not to be too carried away by the prospect of traveling abroad. So, I had it in my psyche that I will make it in Nigeria no matter what. At first, I was reluctant to leave Nigeria even though I had just finished my NYSC program and really had nothing concrete to look forward to.

I just want to use this forum to offer a word of advise to you would-be immigrants. Most of what I am going to say might have been said before in other threads. I just feel I should say it may be it might help somebody. The journey ahead is not going to be all that easy but it can be less painful if you have certain information before you leave the shores of Nigeria. I always wish someone had shared this information with me when I was prepping. Nonetheless, God has been faithful to me.

First thing I always advise is that anyone coming to the US should LEARN HOW TO DRIVE before leaving Nigeria. Second thing I advise is for those who have had some academic training (Poly, NCE, University) to COME WITH YOUR TRANSCRIPTS. Do your research on job/career you will like to pursue. Have short-term and long-term goal. Your goals and expectations should be realistic. Money don't grow on trees anywhere in the world. When buying your tickets, buy round-trip. Often times, there isn't much price difference.

For those who already have good (well, that is relative) job/career opportunities in Nigeria, my usual advise is that you don't quit your job. Find means to take some leave to come process your green card. When you get here and see how things are, if you feel you want to stay, you can resign your appointment. If not, you can always return back to your work. However, there are certain conditions that you have to fulfill to maintain your green card status.

I will pause for now. You can send me questions and I will try to find time to answer them.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 8:22am On Jun 22, 2013
alickic:
Hw cud u say such a tyn. U dnt knw much abt dvlottery. It is beta u keep quiet rada dan misleading ppl. U dnt knw anytyn abt foto specification. My broda,it is nt a scam. Ondo state,i will nt mention d town- is d home of dvlottery,they usually have 75% of nigeria quotas and copa album fotos are used mostly in dat area. Inbox me ur numba,cos there are so many tyn we can't discuss here because dis a public forum. I'm nt an agent and i dnt need ur money. Just want to help u because dis is a lyf tym opportunity.
Note: selected 2014AF0001xxxx
Anything that can't be said openly on this thread is suspiscious. So be careful

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (264) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.