Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,453 members, 7,950,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:50 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (435472 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 8:28am On Jun 22, 2013
diskindgod: Pls I am new person In this forum. I was selected in the 2014 dv wt case no 2014000MP*****

The year of birth of my wife on our marriage certificate is different from dat on her birth certificate. Pls what should I do as I am confused now. I am yet to send the required forms.
don't be confused bro. Which ever one that is wrong, swear an affidavit to cover it. That's all. But fill in the correct one on the form before sending. Sending your marriage certificate and birth certificate is not necessary. Those are only needed on the date of interview.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 8:31am On Jun 22, 2013
janut: House pls help me out out this-
My confirmation page does not have my correct year of birth( this I must admit is my own error)because when I called Kentucky the lady was able to confirm my name, day of birth and month of birth, but when it got to the year of birth she said what I gave does not tally with what she has on her system and what they have on their system is exactly as I submitted it which cannot be changed. After that I then laid a complain via mail and I was told to submit the correct one when sending in my documents and it will be included in my file for review as they do not have the power to make any changes.
All my documents i.e birth cert, WAEC cert,international passport as well as marriage cert, carries my right age which I will tender during my interview. But my main concern is if the consular officer might use this error as grounds for denying me visa.
Would appreciate all your candid opinion.
You need not to worry. They understand there is a possibility of human error in filling forms. Just go with all your documents that has the correct date.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 8:36am On Jun 22, 2013
kevwe_flex:

What's the difference between current and interview? Shhmmmm lipsrsealed Na wa o.
there is no much difference.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 8:46am On Jun 22, 2013
abiodunraufu: How will 2014 selectees be informed about their interview dates?
You will receive an email from kcc, telling you to check your status with your confirmation number on the dv website.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 8:48am On Jun 22, 2013
abiodunraufu: What are the chances of my 53-year old brother who is a 2014 selecte? He is a lawyer with master's degree and he is married with four kids. Will his age count against him during the visa interview?
Age is not a factor to applicant and spouse. But to the beneficiaries (children), its a factor. If any of the benefiviary is above 18years, he/she won't be given a visa.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 9:08am On Jun 22, 2013
BJ369: Hi guys, kindly help shed more light on the underlisted questions:

1. Please help clarify between Birth certificate and Attestation of Birth. I was born before 1992 and i only have the old birth certificate issued to me by the hospital. Which do i need to take with me to the interview.

2. Which should be taken along, the marriage certificate issued by the church or the one issued by the court/Local Government?

3. There is this talk about the interviewers focusing their questions more on best performed subjects in SSCE, what actually applies with someone with an advanced degree(MBA)?

Thanks
To answer you question, you can go with any, either the birth certificate or the attestation of birth. But the attestation of birth is preferable.

For the marriage certificate, go along with both. And don't forget the photo album of your wedding and traditional marriage.

For you third question, Mostly this questions depends on the CO. There was this white lady that normally ask lots of questions on the education of the applicant. But she has now been taken to another embassy. But to be on a safer side, try and be familiar with the courses of your highest level of education and also some topics on those courses. your project topics should not be left behind, because some CO demand explanations on the project topic you did while in school.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 9:18am On Jun 22, 2013
sendtodeji:
First thing I always advise is that anyone coming to the US should LEARN HOW TO DRIVE before leaving Nigeria. Second thing I advise is for those who have had some academic training (Poly, NCE, University) to COME WITH YOUR TRANSCRIPTS. Do your research on job/career you will like to pursue. Have short-term and long-term goal. Your goals and expectations should be realistic. Money don't grow on trees anywhere in the world. When buying your tickets, buy round-trip. Often times, there isn't much price difference.

I will pause for now. You can send me questions and I will try to find time to answer them.
Thanks for your advice bro. Can you please state the reason for the round trip ticket and not one way.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by abiodunraufu: 11:54am On Jun 22, 2013
Is it true that any beneficiary that is above 18 years will not be granted visa? Because my uncle who has just been selected has a 21-year old son whose name he included.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ogundipeola: 1:17pm On Jun 22, 2013
Hello my ppl,pls I have this to ask, my bro was selected for further processing and he wants to migrate with his wife who already had an int.passport in her father's name b4 marriage since 2010 that will expire 2015.pls will the American Consular raise an eye brow with this? And if no what is the chance of granting them the visa. Because they are on d verge of getting new pasport that will bear his husband surname whc will cost them like 150k in Abj.pls advice.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 1:56pm On Jun 22, 2013
abiodunraufu: Is it true that any beneficiary that is above 18 years will not be granted visa? Because my uncle who has just been selected has a 21-year old son whose name he included.
He can join him over there after when the father has became a citizen.
Someone should correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by nwanks: 2:40pm On Jun 22, 2013
congratz to those dat was selected do any body kno whether there wil be another selection in october
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by uchechuwku: 2:58pm On Jun 22, 2013
junkerhill: He can join him over there after when the father has became a citizen.
abiodunraufu: Is it true that any beneficiary that is above 18 years will not be granted visa? Because my uncle who has just been selected has a 21-year old son whose name he included.

That's not true. Infact, 21 is the maximum eligible age for a child dependant.
You need to read the 2014 instruction again.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 4:34pm On Jun 22, 2013
uchechuwku:

That's not true. Infact, 21 is the maximum eligible age for a child dependant.
You need to read the 2014 instruction again.
thanks bro. I know there is an age limit but I thought its 18 years. That's why I said someone should correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ogundipeola: 5:22pm On Jun 22, 2013
ogundipeola: Hello my ppl,pls I have this to ask, my bro was selected for further processing and he wants to migrate with his wife who already had an int.passport in her father's name b4 marriage since 2010 that will expire 2015.pls will the American Consular raise an eye brow with this? And if no what is the chance of granting them the visa. Because they are on d verge of getting new pasport that will bear his husband surname whc will cost them like 150k in Abj.pls advice.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 22, 2013
junkerhill: thanks bro. I know there is an age limit but I thought its 18 years. That's why I said someone should correct me if I'm wrong.

It's 21. If you aged on to it, they may allow you get the visa. If you were 21 when the application was made, you may not get a visa.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by uchechuwku: 6:06pm On Jun 22, 2013
ferdimako:

It's 21. If you aged on to it, they may allow you get the visa. If you were 21 when the application was made, you may not get a visa.

No no, you also got it wrong.

If the child was 21 when d application was submitted, he/she is qualified. Pls, go through the instruction again.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 22, 2013
uchechuwku:

No no, you also got it wrong.

If the child was 21 when d application was submitted, he/she is qualified. Pls, go through the instruction again.

ok
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by MsSantaClaus(f): 8:20pm On Jun 22, 2013
junkerhill: He can join him over there after when the father has became a citizen.

He may not have to wait till then as long as he was included in the original application and as long as the child was under 21 at the time of filing the entry he should be eligible. He will receive derivative status and should be granted the visa at the same time as the father.There is something called "aging out" which should apply under the Child Status Protection Act, as long as the child is still unmarried.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 9:30pm On Jun 22, 2013
MsSantaClaus:

He may not have to wait till then as long as he was included in the original application and as long as the child was under 21 at the time of filing the entry he should be eligible. He will receive derivative status and should be granted the visa at the same time as the father.There is something called "aging out" which should apply under the Child Status Protection Act, as long as the child is still unmarried.
Thanks bro, for the correction.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by abiodunraufu: 12:25am On Jun 23, 2013
What documents will a self employed selectee take along for visa interview to prove that he is truly self employed?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by sendtodeji: 2:20am On Jun 23, 2013
junkerhill: Thanks for your advice bro. Can you please state the reason for the round trip ticket and not one way.

In my experience, the price is often if not almost the same. If you make the return leg far out, like a 5 - 6 months, as might be permitted, you could use it to visit Nigeria. It's also a backup/back-out plan if reality dawns and you decide to go back to re-group. In any case, you don't have to shell out money to buy a return ticket, if you change your mind about staying.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by celinorita(f): 8:47am On Jun 23, 2013
Good morning ALL. Pls I need your advice. My fiance won the DV 2014 visa lottery (ie he is a selectee) as a bachelor. But, we did our traditional wedding in December last year, not yet done the white wedding though! And not planning to do it soon, finance and all.
Well! He filled the online application as a single man but he wants to include me in the selectee's information to be sent to Kentucky as his wife so we can travel together.
I am worried. Will his changed marital status affect his visa outcome?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 11:31am On Jun 23, 2013
sendtodeji:

In my experience, the price is often if not almost the same. If you make the return leg far out, like a 5 - 6 months, as might be permitted, you could use it to visit Nigeria. It's also a backup/back-out plan if reality dawns and you decide to go back to re-group. In any case, you don't have to shell out money to buy a return ticket, if you change your mind about staying.
thanks brother.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by adeadebayor: 1:29pm On Jun 23, 2013
celinorita: Good morning ALL. Pls I need your advice. My fiance won the DV 2014 visa lottery (ie he is a selectee) as a bachelor. But, we did our traditional wedding in December last year, not yet done the white wedding though! And not planning to do it soon, finance and all.
Well! He filled the online application as a single man but he wants to include me in the selectee's information to be sent to Kentucky as his wife so we can travel together.

It is a gud thing that u have done ur traditional wedding, it is even gr8 u did it b4 dvlottery result came out. All u need is pictures to indicate that u re truly married. On d day of interview u might b required to produce ur courtship relationship to really verify ur claim. U may just legalise d relationship and keep ur marriage certificate. Gudluck.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ManTiger(m): 10:34pm On Jun 23, 2013
[quote author=ogundipeola][/quote]
He should present the marriage as real as possible, surname on passport is not an ultimate conviction, besides, she got the passport when she was not married!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by MsSantaClaus(f): 10:39pm On Jun 23, 2013
celinorita: Good morning ALL. Pls I need your advice. My fiance won the DV 2014 visa lottery (ie he is a selectee) as a bachelor. But, we did our traditional wedding in December last year, not yet done the white wedding though! And not planning to do it soon, finance and all.

No it won't change it as long as you have proof of your relationship before. You may also go and we'd in the court as this is even more legal proof. Take all your pictures of the wine carrying and any during your courtship and with all family members. He should inform the Kcc of his marriage ASAP it will go well as long as you stick to the truth. Good luck my dear
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by derekwan9: 9:19am On Jun 24, 2013
My wife played using her father's name due to she was still doing her NYSC with status MARRIED... And we did our courtship marriage during Easter period but no white wedding yet due to finance... Our wedding certificate bears my name.
Is there any complication of getting we both getting the visa due to her father's name that was filled on the form and her presenting her marriage certificate with my name... Pls help me out ASAP
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by MsSantaClaus(f): 10:56am On Jun 24, 2013
derekwan9: My wife played using her father's name due to she was still doing her NYSC with status MARRIED... And we did our courtship marriage during Easter period but no white wedding yet due to finance... Our wedding certificate bears my name.
Is there any complication of getting we both getting the visa due to her father's name that was filled on the form and her presenting her marriage certificate with my name... Pls help me out ASAP

Hi I'm not sure if I quite understand you. But if your wife applied with her fathers name and you did a court marriage after that, she can include you. But she must send your marriage certificate and your own necessary documents to Kcc asap!
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by abiodunraufu: 11:22am On Jun 24, 2013
When will 2014 selectees begin to receive notification about their visa interview?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by abiodunraufu: 11:24am On Jun 24, 2013
When will 2014 selectees begin to receive notifications about the date of interview?

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (264) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.