Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,696 members, 7,921,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 07:19 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (433722 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by virginofafrica(m): 8:30am On Jun 15, 2013
thuyahky: thanks bro,have already send it ǾϞ may 20 also i change the address and email cos when i playd it am wit ♍Ɣ​ bros in lagos so when am filling the dsp form i change it †̥ ♍Ɣ​ home address which ​į̸̸̨§ another state and ♍Ɣ​ own email,also they ask a question in the form that where i want †̥ stay in the USA if i get there but i wrote "not decided yet" hope have not make a mistake...am waiting for ​Ɣ☺ΰr reply thanks.
you where instructed to write N/A To the place you cant fill. But i think it okay. Always go by instructions
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by MsSantaClaus(f): 9:50am On Jun 15, 2013
kevwe_flex:

I don't know o. Even if they want to proceed with the processing, how are they gonna prove that they are truly married? Or are they gonna say it is a common law marriage or companion living together not married? I think it is daisy. That lottery from my own point of view is lost. It may be a futile effort if for example they should try. Cos just this week, a couple who were actually, truly married were drilled for hours at the embassy before their visa was eventually approved talk less of arrangee marriage. Or house what do u think?

You are right, the lady can proceed but the guy has lost it and should try again. The US embassy has zero tolerance for suspicious or arrangee marriage?

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by thuyahky(m): 9:51am On Jun 15, 2013
virginofafrica: you where instructed to write N/A To the place you cant fill. But i think it okay. Always go by instructions
thanks bro,what of the address and email than i changed
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by MsSantaClaus(f): 9:53am On Jun 15, 2013
buklan4real@yah:

Tanx. my baffle me is dat, am married nd i av my maiden name on my E-passport cos i av it before my marriage.
wot shud i do about it.

Go to the immigration and they will advice you on what to do, but I know you have to go to Abuja with proof of marriage to get it changed.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by MsSantaClaus(f): 10:03am On Jun 15, 2013
buklan4real@yah:
i have a question pls.

is it compulsory dat i used my husbands name as my applicant name
though, am d principal applicant.

cos i avnt change my name, i did my E-passport since last year which was my fathers name i used
so am comfused on the name to use in filling the form.

If there is no information included as to how to proceed if your status has changed, You should use the original name you used in applying and winning. Then you can write with proof that you are now married and would like to include your husband in your application. They will advise you on how to proceed. Please people on any changes to your status always go with your original name and inform them immediately , there are laid down provisions on how to proceed.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by MsSantaClaus(f): 10:10am On Jun 15, 2013
arun12: still i'm not married , but i have 1 kid ,my child birth certificate also mention unmarried , but it's mention my name. what can i do now?

What is your question? If you applied as unmarried and won, as long as the child is on your form or if you had the child later and your name is on the birth certificate, there is nothing to worry about. Proceed with your processing.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by virginofafrica(m): 5:12pm On Jun 15, 2013
thuyahky: thanks bro,what of the address and email than i changed
i don't think this is right, you are not going to be given any current details in the address you put before! you would have put it in as you did in the initial registration. I dont know for sure, but i wish you have put in the address you used. What do you think about this. Just suggesting oh. Stay bless virginofafrica
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by hardboya: 11:53pm On Jun 15, 2013
Somebody help me,i only added one passport picture to my documents i mailed.can i post the additional one to the office again
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by sqlerror: 12:59am On Jun 16, 2013
Ko si oba bi re....[b][/b][size=8pt][/size]I DON WIN
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by sqlerror: 2:24am On Jun 16, 2013
I DON WIN Please can anyone tell me if i can send my filled form through speedpost e.g DHL, FEDEX or UPS?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Yahoot: 11:58am On Jun 16, 2013
Hello, I have a question, after I have sent the Forms. When should I await for response?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by arun12: 1:09pm On Jun 16, 2013
I applied as a single.still i'm not married , but i have 6 year old kid ,my child birth certificate also mention unmarried , but it's mention my name. what can i do now?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by arun12: 2:02pm On Jun 16, 2013
MsSantaClaus:

What is your question? If you applied as unmarried and won, as long as the child is on your form or if you had the child later and your name is on the birth certificate, there is nothing to worry about. Proceed with your processing.

but still i'm single.my child also 6 year old.now we are going to marry.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by hardboya: 5:40pm On Jun 16, 2013
Somebody help me,i only added one passport picture to my documents i mailed.can i post the additional one to the office again
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 6:39pm On Jun 16, 2013
hardboya:

Why not call them to notify them of this error, then tell them if it is necessary to send another one.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 6:41pm On Jun 16, 2013
sql-error:
I DON WIN Please can anyone tell me if i can send my filled form through speedpost e.g DHL, FEDEX or UPS?

Yes you can use speed post and it is preferable because you can track it. Like using Fedex, it will cost you N9580 and takes 3 business days to deliver.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 6:43pm On Jun 16, 2013
hardboya:

Just scan as JPEG for clarity and send it as additional info, mentioning ur case no. Date of birth and full names.
U will be replied within 7 days that it's been added to ur case..........

U will be okay with dat
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by hardboya: 7:14pm On Jun 16, 2013
Thanks man
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ericgold(m): 7:22pm On Jun 16, 2013
sql-error:
congrat!! Are u just checking ur status now or uve checked b4 and checked recently and ur status has changed?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jun 16, 2013
arun12:

Do you want to include a husband now and ruin the show?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by nubian269: 9:12pm On Jun 16, 2013
Hello house, Ijust realized I made a silly mistake. I filled my DS-230 form completely but in  the marital status part of  the form,where it is written "including my present marriage I have been married ___ times" I mistakenly wrote N/A in stead of 1 º as I had already checked d married box as a married man . Trust me I thought that part said how many times have been divorced. Though I feel silly r. ight now. Please what do guys think I should do? Will they ignore it cos? I sent my forms two weeks ago though they have. Not c onfirmed receipt.
Pls no insults. I feel silly already. Thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by MsSantaClaus(f): 9:39pm On Jun 16, 2013
hardboya: Somebody help me,i only added one passport picture to my documents i mailed.can i post the additional one to the office again

Yes you can, just quote your ref no , they will accept it
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ManTiger(m): 10:49pm On Jun 16, 2013
nubian269: Hello house, Ijust realized I made a silly mistake. I filled my DS-230 form completely but in the marital status part of the form,where it is written "including my present marriage I have been married ___ times" I mistakenly wrote N/A in stead of 1 º as I had already checked d married box as a married man . Trust me I thought that part said how many times have been divorced. Though I feel silly r. ight now. Please what do guys think I should do? Will they ignore it cos? I sent my forms two weeks ago though they have. Not c onfirmed receipt.
Pls no insults. I feel silly already. Thanks
C O M P L I C A T E D!
that is one aspect you shouldn't have made error.
Did you got married before or after the release of the dv result? Was your wife and children listed as beneficiaries previously?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ManTiger(m): 10:51pm On Jun 16, 2013
hardboya:
No qualms if its one passport, just make sure you go with additional 2 purport on your interview day.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by nubian269: 11:03pm On Jun 16, 2013
@ManTiger thanks 4 d reply, I got married b4 applying for  the DV-2014 program,precisely in 2010 & my wife's & daughter's details were in cluded in  the DV application. What's ur take ¸ this?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by MsSantaClaus(f): 11:06pm On Jun 16, 2013
arun12:

My advice is to finish your own processing, then if you eventually do get married you can apply for your husband.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by MsSantaClaus(f): 11:11pm On Jun 16, 2013
nubian269: @ManTiger thanks 4 d reply, I got married b4 applying for  the DV-2014 program,precisely in 2010 & my wife's & daughter's details were in cluded in  the DV application. What's ur take ¸ this?

Write and tell them what happened, it's an honest mistake. The letter will go in your file and when your being interviewed it will be there as proof you meant no mischief. They send the whole file back to Nigeria for the interview, with everything you sent in it, so if asked you can refer to your follow up letter. It's better than ignoring it.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by miz4oxley(m): 12:52am On Jun 17, 2013
Pls what can I do to help?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by sqlerror: 10:16am On Jun 17, 2013
kevwe_flex:

Yes you can use speed post and it is preferable because you can track it. Like using Fedex, it will cost you N9580 and takes 3 business days to deliver.

thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by sqlerror: 10:28am On Jun 17, 2013
miz4oxley: Morning Nairalanders in here. A friend of mine just got a call from a total stranger, telling him he's a lucky DV winner yesterday. And, my friend was surprised and said it 419 cos he never registered for the 2014 DV, but one young man in Ondo state registered him with his details he got on his NYSC passing out service photobook. Luckily he won, but there are some issues, he's thinking might not make him opt for the programme and just jettison the stuff. The age the guy used for his name is 4years older than his real age which reflects on his WAEC certificate which might be confirmed, and he also registered same details with his ECOWAS passport, and has applied to the UK and once refused. What do you think he can do now. Cos, he's giving up already and lost hope. I've been encouraging ma dude, and I told him I'll help him make enquiries here on what could be done to fix this, and help this dude. I think he needs it tho!? Pls, help mates, OP, Successful and prospective winners?

its a scam cos the photo specification on his NYSC passing out service photobook does not meet the requirement for the dv lottery
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Scopx: 10:59am On Jun 17, 2013
pls hw long does it take d consular to snd u email to schedule ur interview
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by akiayo: 12:50pm On Jun 17, 2013
Hello my people, pls how long do i have to fill my form and send to KCC?
I just got the news and confirm it is authentic 2days ago.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (264) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.