Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,303 members, 7,891,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:25 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (431483 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lumidee: 12:49pm On Sep 20, 2013
Can i still check today or wait till october?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by valworld: 1:04pm On Sep 20, 2013
Do make sure you check it back at the very link you did to have the 1NL
Rianatb: av not recieve my 2NL,up today and am current for oct visa av summited my form since 16th of july and deliver on 31st of july, still waiting
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by onpointbaby: 1:44pm On Sep 20, 2013
@Rianatb relax your mind you will get your second notification letter soon since you have a low-case number I guess KCC sents notification letter based on the time you submitted your DS230 and DS122.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by valworld: 1:46pm On Sep 20, 2013
Yes it is true, I didn't write my CN on mine however, KCC confirm they received it and have processed them. waiting just for the interview
Darhmee:
Someone who already went for his interview in the 2013 thread said it wont affect you. He said its just a way for KCC to track loose forms in their office. He didnt write his case number on his form and that of his fam and yet, their visa was granted. Do not worry
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jollyiwin(m): 4:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
Good evening honorable forumate. I have received my 2nl since 2 weeks now which was fixed for 14th of november. Please can i do my medical and police report last week of october. And i also want to know if i can go with my neco statement of result. And i also want to know if any one is fixed interview for that same day .
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rcha: 4:42pm On Sep 20, 2013
Have won the lottery and my case number is 35*** and waiting for my 2NL letter. Now the problem is I want to leave my current job and I have sent my KCC forms stating my job at this company. Does it make any difference if I leave my current job before I receive my 2NL and be a freelancer.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by jollyiwin(m): 4:48pm On Sep 20, 2013
Mr ernest form italy hope your documents for your interview are ready .
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 5:01pm On Sep 20, 2013
rcha: Have won the lottery and my case number is 35*** and waiting for my 2NL letter. Now the problem is I want to leave my current job and I have sent my KCC forms stating my job at this company. Does it make any difference if I leave my current job before I receive my 2NL and be a freelancer.

Friend, I'll advise you not leave your current job till after your visa is approved
Whatever the issue is just hold on cus you've filled your job in your forms and most
likely the CO will ask of what you're doing.
Secondly,if you get another job; what about the year of experience. Pls read the lotter
website (the work experience and job zone) again.
I hope this help.

Succes is our's
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 6:16pm On Sep 20, 2013
rcha: Have won the lottery and my case number is 35*** and waiting for my 2NL letter. Now the problem is I want to leave my current job and I have sent my KCC forms stating my job at this company. Does it make any difference if I leave my current job before I receive my 2NL and be a freelancer.

Quiting one job for another can not be a factor for a visa denial. All you need do is to explain to CO if asked. You can also go to the interview with the appointment letters from both jobs. Change is constant, don't forget.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 8:20pm On Sep 20, 2013
timimoyegun:

Friend, I'll advise you not leave your current job till after your visa is approved
Whatever the issue is just hold on cus you've filled your job in your forms and most
likely the CO will ask of what you're doing.
Secondly,if you get another job; what about the year of experience. Pls read the lotter
website (the work experience and job zone) again.
I hope this help.

Succes is our's

I don't think it's right. Life must go on whether DV lottery or not. just explain to the VO that u left your previous job and now a freelancer. That is what I believe.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Daudsmart: 8:58pm On Sep 20, 2013
Pls help! I sent my form via mail on sept.1 and they replied it has been received on sept.13 that it would be review. I latter mailed them to know the status of my case, their reply was "the information you have provided does not match the case. Pls resubmit your request with the correct information for kcc to properly assist you" pls what does these mean good people? Pls very urgent
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 11:06pm On Sep 20, 2013
Daudsmart: Pls help! I sent my form via mail on sept.1 and they replied it has been received on sept.13 that it would be review. I latter mailed them to know the status of my case, their reply was "the information you have provided does not match the case. Pls resubmit your request with the correct information for kcc to properly assist you" pls what does these mean good people? Pls very urgent
You probably gave them an incorrect case number or incorrect date of birth (follow the format mm-dd-yyy) or incorrect full name.Check the email you sent to them an see if there was any anything missing

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Daudsmart: 11:22pm On Sep 20, 2013
ernestleon: You probably gave them an incorrect case number or incorrect date of birth (follow the format mm-dd-yyy) or incorrect full name.Check the email you sent to them an see if there was any anything missing
God bless you brother! You are wonderful I'm very grateful. I have checked it as u said. The only mistake I spotted is that they used initials for both my first name and other name for the entry in last year october only the surname in full; as in: U-first name and A-other name. But I wrote them in full in the body of the mail I sent to kcc for the request. Can that b the reason? Thanks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by atinaewa: 6:51am On Sep 21, 2013
House pls. help o!

(1) Do they accept NECO result?

(2) Do they accept. 2 sittings. I mean combination of 2 results. for DV lottery winner ?

Thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 9:52am On Sep 21, 2013
jollyiwin: Good evening honorable forumate. I have received my 2nl since 2 weeks now which was fixed for 14th of november. Please can i do my medical and police report last week of october. And i also want to know if i can go with my neco statement of result. And i also want to know if any one is fixed interview for that same day .

I am also scheduled for 15th nov. and i m planning oct ending or 1st week of nov. for medical.
Try to collect ur neco certificate but if u cant,go with the statement of result with scratch card and xplain to the CO. Hope this help.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 9:54am On Sep 21, 2013
Daudsmart: God bless you brother! You are wonderful I'm very grateful. I have checked it as u said. The only mistake I spotted is that they used initials for both my first name and other name for the entry in last year october only the surname in full; as in: U-first name and A-other name. But I wrote them in full in the body of the mail I sent to kcc for the request. Can that b the reason? Thanks.
Yeah it could be.But why did you use initials when applying last year? Did you use initials too when filling the dsp form and the ds-230?

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 9:57am On Sep 21, 2013
atinaewa: House pls. help o!

(1) Do they accept NECO result?

(2) Do they accept. 2 sittings. I mean combination of 2 results. for DV lottery winner ?

Thanks

Yes,they accept NECO and 2 sitting, provided u ve 5 credits in all.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by okeymen: 11:05am On Sep 21, 2013

In a nut shell, the answer is No, it does not matter whether or not you leave your current job.

There are 2 ways to qualify for the Visa. 1 is to have the minimum 5 credits in SSCE (or any of those exams) and the other is by work experience. for work experience, you would have had to have worked in a qualifying profession for at least 2 years in the past 5 years. while it is really very difficult to qualify by work experience, it does not matter if you have not even worked at all in the past 2 years. all that matters is that sometime between say 2009 and now, you were employed in that capacity for a period of 2 years. meanwhile the reason it is difficult to qualify by work experience is because the qualifying jobs usually require a whole lot of education and most people that don't have those 5 credits will most likely be unable to cope with the qualifying jobs because the standard is generally much higher. however, there are few exceptions to the rule like any other rule.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Daudsmart: 11:12am On Sep 21, 2013
ernestleon: Yeah it could be.But why did you use initials when applying last year? Did you use initials too when filling the dsp form and the ds-230?
Thanks for your response bro. Actually, it was sombody that applied for me. In ds-230 part I and II, I used the initials in item 1 and 37 respectively, and wrote them in full where they wrote full name in native alphabet. But in dsp form, I wrote them in full. Pls I need for comments and advice. Thanks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 11:24am On Sep 21, 2013
Daudsmart: Thanks for your response bro. Actually, it was sombody that applied for me. In ds-230 part I and II, I used the initials in item 1 and 37 respectively, and wrote them in full where they wrote full name in native alphabet. But in dsp form, I wrote them in full. Pls I need for comments and advice. Thanks.
My advice for you is to call KCC on 606-526-7500 (7:30am until 4:00pm EST).If have an andriod smartphone use Magicjack to call them so you don't spend money.Make sure you have your details handy when calling.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Daudsmart: 12:00pm On Sep 21, 2013
ernestleon: My advice for you is to call KCC on 606-526-7500 (7:30am until 4:00pm EST).If have an andriod smartphone use Magicjack to call them so you don't spend money.Make sure you have your details handy when calling.
ok but how do I put it when I call them? Thnx
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 12:04pm On Sep 21, 2013
Daudsmart: ok but how do I put it when I call them? Thnx
Go with what was on the first notification letter

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by enadaj(m): 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2013
i won d visa lotteey.....d man dat register man made a mistake wit my age n surname he use 1990 instead of 1989 n he spell my surname as enads instead of enada......hw should i go abt it.n all my result are in my real surname pls reply
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by enadaj(m): 12:33pm On Sep 21, 2013
enadaj: i won d visa lotteey.....d man dat register man made a mistake wit my age n surname he use 1990 instead of 1989 n he spell my surname as enads instead of enada......hw should i go abt it.n all my result are in my real surname pls reply
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by atinaewa: 1:36pm On Sep 21, 2013
@ TCPonly
Thanks man
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by atinaewa: 1:45pm On Sep 21, 2013
Hello my People

I need your help on this issue.

A lady is a 2014 dv winner. The 3rd
name in her husband E- Passport is
different from the one she used to play
the dv lottery. eg

ADIO BABATUNDE. JOHSON was used
instead of ADIO BABATUNDE LUKMAN.

Though the husband answers all the
names
BUT, because she prefers calling him Johson

House pls, what will she do?

Thanks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by akintunde95: 1:59pm On Sep 21, 2013
Welldone for the good job you are doing here.
Pls.I am a lucky winner of 2014 Dv lottery.but a
friend play it for me he mistakingly use wrong
birth date for me like instead of 20/9/1999.he
used 15/4/1999 and birth place instead of ekiti he use Ondo.pls.how can I go about it av not nd i ve already do my e-passport with d wrong detail ... i ve not
send any documents to KCC.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bukiemma(m): 2:43pm On Sep 21, 2013
akintunde95: Welldone for the good job you are doing here.
birth date for me like instead of 20/9/1999.he
used 15/4/1999 and birth place instead of ekiti he use Ondo.pls.how can I go about it av not nd i ve already do my e-passport with d wrong detail ... i ve not
send any documents to KCC.

U are just 14yrs old. Are u sure u have ur O'level certificate to qualify?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Daudsmart: 3:41pm On Sep 21, 2013
ernestleon: Go with what was on the first notification letter
Thanks bro i have mailed kcc to inform them. waiting for their reply.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by akintunde95: 8:38pm On Sep 21, 2013
birth date for me like instead of 20/9/1989.he
used 15/4/1989 and birth place instead of ekiti
he use Ondo.pls.how can I go about it... i ve already do my e-passport with d wrong
detail ... but i have not
send any documents to KCC
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 9:55pm On Sep 21, 2013
TCPonly:

I am also scheduled for 15th nov. and i m planning oct ending or 1st week of nov. for medical.
Try to collect ur neco certificate but if u cant,go with the statement of result with scratch card and xplain to the CO. Hope this help.

I like that.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 10:10pm On Sep 21, 2013
Daudsmart: Thanks bro i have mailed kcc to inform them. waiting for their reply.

You can still call them. It's a lot faster

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (264) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.