Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,135 members, 7,963,672 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 04:28 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (839277 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hariitram: 5:36pm On Jul 09, 2013
Hi solomonwis, LadyGuinivere:

Just nw spoke with a lawyer from Canada regarding work exp ,

My previous companies are not willing to provide me the reference letter with roles and responsibilities. I thought there wound be some alternative like declaration .

But the Lawyer said , there is no alternative solution for Reference letter we have get the reference letter as the CIC format is that true ? if yes then its really tough for me.

Kindly clarify.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by kike100: 6:27pm On Jul 09, 2013
My people, please Wes sent my transcript for verification to my school. This is done via mail abi( I selected intl mail earlier), it will addressed to the school's admissions office right( the initial sender)?
So I can track it immediately.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:41pm On Jul 09, 2013
hari_it_ram: Hi solomonwis, LadyGuinivere:

Just nw spoke with a lawyer from Canada regarding work exp ,

My previous companies are not willing to provide me the reference letter with roles and responsibilities. I thought there wound be some alternative like declaration .

But the Lawyer said , there is no alternative solution for Reference letter we have get the reference letter as the CIC format is that true ? if yes then its really tough for me.

Kindly clarify.

Unfortunately,you need a reference letter from your previous employer dating back to 10 years. I would suggest you approach your previous employer and explain the need for them to provide you with the letter. This does not only show that you have the requisite experience needed for the award of points but also attest to the fact that you are not a person of questionable character. I should let you know your previous employer's unwillingness to give you a reference letter may send a bad signal and that put the application on the express road to jeopardy. Do all you can to get your employer,either present or previous to give you work reference as that's the only way to claim the number of years of experience as you might have declared in your application.

If they decide to give the reference butt not according to CIC specification,you are permitted to include a copy of your employment letter,payslips,pay stubs,letter of confirmation,letter of promotion,etc along with whatever they give you as reference. This will suffice for all that is specified by CIC. They can always get in touch with your employer(s) to ascertain whatever information you pprovide
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hariitram: 7:22pm On Jul 09, 2013
solomonwis:

Unfortunately,you need a reference letter from your previous employer dating back to 10 years. I would suggest you approach your previous employer and explain the need for them to provide you with the letter. This does not only show that you have the requisite experience needed for the award of points but also attest to the fact that you are not a person of questionable character. I should let you know your previous employer's unwillingness to give you a reference letter may send a bad signal and that put the application on the express road to jeopardy. Do all you can to get your employer,either present or previous to give you work reference as that's the only way to claim the number of years of experience as you might have declared in your application.

If they decide to give the reference butt not according to CIC specification,you are permitted to include a copy of your employment letter,payslips,pay stubs,letter of confirmation,letter of promotion,etc along with whatever they give you as reference. This will suffice for all that is specified by CIC. They can always get in touch with your employer(s) to ascertain whatever information you pprovide

This is really painfull , since i have all the documents like offerletter , payslip , bank statement and form 16 but still CIC needs a letter which 90% of the companies in india never issue. Finger Crossed sad
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by tomtom1234: 11:57am On Jul 10, 2013
Hi solomonwis, LadyGuinivere:
please i am applying for the FSWP and presently have 20 months work experience (1yr 8months)full time
would this be calculated as 2years
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 12:11pm On Jul 10, 2013
tomtom1234: Hi solomonwis, LadyGuinivere:
please i am applying for the FSWP and presently have 20 months work experience (1yr 8months)full time
would this be calculated as 2years

It will be calculated as 20 months work experience (1yr 8months)
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by aspirecanada: 1:44pm On Jul 10, 2013
LadyGuinivere:
1.Yes U can send Alllllll your certificates in one envelope. I did that.
2.What will be sent in different envelopes is ur transcript cos they are coming from different bodies.
3. Seal and send on your own? Is that the procedure your school normally take? As long as they will verify when its sent back to them

Hi just wanted to share some information regarding sending the documents to WES. For evaluation of my MBA degree(completed in India), I approached my college.
1. I got my documents attested and dated from Controller of examinations.
2. I got the WES transcript request form filled, signed and stamped by Controller of examinations.
3. I requested the college authorities to put the documents in University envelope. They obliged and then stamped and sealed the envelope and returned it to me by hand.
4. I got my degree certificate photocopied.
5. I took another envelope, put the university envelope(received in step 3)in it along with the photocopy of my degree certificate.
6. Then i sent both the documents i.e. my degree certificate and my transcripts to WES.
7. These were accepted by WES.

Hope this clears some doubts.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 2:24pm On Jul 10, 2013
aspirecanada:

Hi just wanted to share some information regarding sending the documents to WES. For evaluation of my MBA degree(completed in India), I approached my college.
1. I got my documents attested and dated from Controller of examinations.
2. I got the WES transcript request form filled, signed and stamped by Controller of examinations.
3. I requested the college authorities to put the documents in University envelope. They obliged and then stamped and sealed the envelope and returned it to me by hand.
4. I got my degree certificate photocopied.
5. I took another envelope, put the university envelope(received in step 3)in it along with the photocopy of my degree certificate.
6. Then i sent both the documents i.e. my degree certificate and my transcripts to WES.
7. These were accepted by WES.

Hope this clears some doubts.

What you did in step 3 was the job of a postman { I don't mean any harm saying that, so please pardon me}. You are not expected to be privy to the process of the transcript being dispatched to WES. I should expect that a letter will follow the transcripts stating that it was issued under confidentiality and it should not find its way into your hands. I am saying this because you are not (obviously not) encouraging people to collect transcripts and dispatch to WES. I can authoritatively tell you that when WES know you were involved in the process of sending the transcript, you will get a status update like "Not Acceptable, Resubmit Document(s) according to WES requirements"

Disclosing that you sent the documents yourself and it was accepted by WES on a forum like this will make things difficult for people in the near future, as the process will be expected to undergo changes to tighten the loose ends and I bet you, they will make research and probably google to sieve out information, they will find nairaland and all the information regarding FSWP. You can imagine what will happen afterwards.

The right thing to do therefore is to request that your school/educational institution(s) send transcripts DIRECTLY to WES. You must never be involved in the process of dispatch, you can expedite the process through whatever means but you should not be seen in the process of communication between WES (or any other assessing authorities) and your educational institution(s).
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 10, 2013
Must the Wes transcript request form be signed and sent to wes? I did online request and my school normally attaches a cover letter which each transcript they send. @ppl dt have submitted, did u send the form?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sholean: 9:21pm On Jul 10, 2013
mclarry:

@Sholean,
UNN sends verification via email to WES - June 6th
IELTS test - June 8th
WES claims not to have received verification - June 10th
Passed info to UNN - June 10th
UNN Resends verification via email to WES - June 11th
WES acknowledges receipt and my evaluation put in progress - June 12th
WES projects June 20th for evaluation completion
WES completes evaluation - June 19th
WES sends 2 copies of evaluation via courier - June 19th
2 copies of WES evaluation reaches my address - June 24th
Collected IELTS test results(band 8.0) - June 26th
Collected Police Certificates - June 27th
Bank reference letter & bank statements - June 27th
Raised GTB bank draft for application fees(CAD$1,100) - June 27th
Application package sent to CIO - June 27th
Application received by CIO - July 4th

June 27th... one of the craziest day of my life but ended in accomplishment grin

Journey so far!

Please how many copies of Evaluation Report does WES sends for FSWP is it 2 or do you have to pay for the second?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:25pm On Jul 10, 2013
mercylicious: Must the Wes transcript request form be signed and sent to wes? I did online request and my school normally attaches a cover letter which each transcript they send. @ppl dt have submitted, did u send the form?

The request form is just to provide a guide, it is not compulsory.

As a matter of fact,the form is to the issuing educational institution and not to WES.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:32pm On Jul 10, 2013
sholean:

Please how many copies of Evaluation Report does WES sends for FSWP is it 2 or do you have to pay for the second?

WES issue 2 results,1 for you and the other to be submitted along with your application to CIC. You pay for additional result aside the 2 issued if you want.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 10, 2013
Plz, I have a degree, an IT certificatn in itil and my ssce.
Apart from the transcript that will be sent by the school, which docs/ certs will also be sent? Degree? Or wit the itil certification?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:48pm On Jul 10, 2013
mercylicious: Plz, I have a degree, an IT certificatn in itil and my ssce.
Apart from the transcript that will be sent by the school, which docs/ certs will also be sent? Degree? Or wit the itil certification?

"WES only evaluates credentials earned through formal academic training. Applicants should not submit short-term professional development courses or other non-formal, non-academic training documents. These types of documents will not be evaluated or included in the WES evaluation report"

The IT certification may not suffice as it might not have been earned through formal academic training. I will advise that you include the certificates and see what WES will do.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by aspirecanada: 4:25pm On Jul 11, 2013
solomonwis:

What you did in step 3 was the job of a postman { I don't mean any harm saying that, so please pardon me}. You are not expected to be privy to the process of the transcript being dispatched to WES. I should expect that a letter will follow the transcripts stating that it was issued under confidentiality and it should not find its way into your hands. I am saying this because you are not (obviously not) encouraging people to collect transcripts and dispatch to WES. I can authoritatively tell you that when WES know you were involved in the process of sending the transcript, you will get a status update like "Not Acceptable, Resubmit Document(s) according to WES requirements"

Disclosing that you sent the documents yourself and it was accepted by WES on a forum like this will make things difficult for people in the near future, as the process will be expected to undergo changes to tighten the loose ends and I bet you, they will make research and probably google to sieve out information, they will find nairaland and all the information regarding FSWP. You can imagine what will happen afterwards.

The right thing to do therefore is to request that your school/educational institution(s) send transcripts DIRECTLY to WES. You must never be involved in the process of dispatch, you can expedite the process through whatever means but you should not be seen in the process of communication between WES (or any other assessing authorities) and your educational institution(s).

@solomonwis: The process that I followed was as per the document requirement norms specified by WES for my country (which is as follows):

"You may have photocopies of your original mark sheets attested and dated by the Controller of Examinations or Registrar’s Office. Please request for the attested photocopies to be placed in an official sealed envelope and have the envelope returned to you to forward to WES."

As my college doesn't send transcripts on its own, I chose the aforesaid method and thus DID NOT violate the WES process in anyway. Please note I merely got the marksheets attested by COE and handed over to the concerned authorities in the college. And yes, I did explain them the process in which the documents are required by WES(as not every college will be aware of WES process). On my request, the college authorities returned the documents in a SEALED envelope. Whether they put any other note/letter in the envelope is something I am aware of. All I know is, that I received the envelope which was stamped and sealed. I took the SEALED envelope and posted it(without opening)along with my degree cetificate photocopy. The point I was trying to make in my earlier post was that we can send things together just to save time.

Moreover, another thought to ponder overall is that
1. Controller of examinations will not attest the documents unless you have actually passed an exam from a particular university.
2. How can a college attest the documents without you requesting them to do so. And you will have to produce the original when you go for attestation. Thus you will have to physically visit the college to get the documents attested. So in a way the process has to be initiated by the student. What college gives in a sealed envelope is their discretion.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 11, 2013
Has anyone of you done david cohen assessment?
What do you think of that?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:05pm On Jul 11, 2013
aspirecanada:

@solomonwis: The process that I followed was as per the document requirement norms specified by WES for my country (which is as follows):

"You may have photocopies of your original mark sheets attested and dated by the Controller of Examinations or Registrar’s Office. Please request for the attested photocopies to be placed in an official sealed envelope and have the envelope returned to you to forward to WES."

As my college doesn't send transcripts on its own, I chose the aforesaid method and thus DID NOT violate the WES process in anyway. Please note I merely got the marksheets attested by COE and handed over to the concerned authorities in the college. And yes, I did explain them the process in which the documents are required by WES(as not every college will be aware of WES process). On my request, the college authorities returned the documents in a SEALED envelope. Whether they put any other note/letter in the envelope is something I am aware of. All I know is, that I received the envelope which was stamped and sealed. I took the SEALED envelope and posted it(without opening)along with my degree cetificate photocopy. The point I was trying to make in my earlier post was that we can send things together just to save time.

1. Controller of examinations will not attest the documents unless you have actually passed an exam from a particular university.
2. How can a college attest the documents without you requesting them to do so. And you will have to produce the original when you go for attestation. Thus you will have to physically visit the college to get the documents attested. So in a way the process has to be initiated by the student. What college gives in a sealed envelope is their discretion.

Pardon me for misunderstanding you. I didn't have India in mind when writing what I wrote.
As you'd agree with me,the underlying factor is for the transcripts not to be tampered with by the requesting party. This is a universal principle for the sending and receipt of transcripts.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:05pm On Jul 11, 2013
aspirecanada:

Pardon me for misunderstanding you. I didn't have India in mind when writing what I wrote.
As you'd agree with me,the underlying factor is for the transcripts not to be tampered with by the requesting party. This is a universal principle for the sending and receipt of transcripts.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hariitram: 9:55am On Jul 13, 2013
Hey solomonwis and Lady,

Stopped the process . it seems i cant get the reference letter for one of my concern sad

But you guys have made me to clear in all the sector towards processing , thanks a billion.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:09am On Jul 13, 2013
hari_it_ram: Hey solomonwis and Lady,

Stopped the process . it seems i cant get the reference letter for one of my concern sad

But you guys have made me to clear in all the sector towards processing , thanks a billion.

So sad that you have to stop at this point. why is it so difficult for employers in India to give reference letter? I have heard this on many occasion and I keep wondering could there be a national law restricting employers from giving reference letter in India.

I wish you all the best!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hariitram: 10:41am On Jul 13, 2013
solomonwis:

So sad that you have to stop at this point. why is it so difficult for employers in India to give reference letter? I have heard this on many occasion and I keep wondering could there be a national law restricting employers from giving reference letter in India.

I wish you all the best!

No boss, there is no such law , the main point they simply say its against the polices ( even i am not asking anything against the policy or law ) . HR at their end have only three set of templates 1) offer letter 2) appraisal letter , and 3) reliving letter. anything apart from this will be against the policy. nothing to say.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hariitram: 10:49am On Jul 13, 2013
solomonwis:

I wish you all the best!

So moving to Aus PR process since i have almost have 65 points , and they accept declaration in place of reference letter.

but my only worry is i cant find grt forum like nairaland where all the new comers are respected on equal grounds by seniors.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:01am On Jul 13, 2013
hari_it_ram:

So moving to Aus PR process since i have almost have 65 points , and they accept declaration in place of reference letter.

but my only worry is i cant find grt forum like nairaland where all the new comers are respected on equal grounds by seniors.

On nairaland, there's a forum for movement to Australia and I bet you, there are great friends there just as you have here. You call follow this link https://www.nairaland.com/1032530/general-australian-student-visa-enquiries/75
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hariitram: 11:26am On Jul 13, 2013
solomonwis:

On nairaland, there's a forum for movement to Australia and I bet you, there are great friends there just as you have here. You call follow this link https://www.nairaland.com/1032530/general-australian-student-visa-enquiries/75

Thanks a lot solomonwis. Its helpfull, however for 1st 10 - 20 pages i thoughts its for student visa; but they are talking abt PR as well smiley dats encouraging.hope i can find someone like u there smiley

As a final query :-

Just now, i spoke to old manager and he agreed to give in the prescribed format , but reference letter for 18 months is enough to claim 9 points solomonwis ?

Kindly reply
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Royaldee: 11:34am On Jul 13, 2013
Hi

Can sm1 help me interprete my IELTS score. What is my point under English. How many points was I able to pull all together.

Below r my scores:

Speaking. 7.0
Listening. 7.5
Writing. 6.5
Reading. 7.0

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Royaldee: 11:35am On Jul 13, 2013
Hi

Can sm1 help me interprete my IELTS score. What is my point under English. How many points was I able to pull all together.

Below r my scores:

Speaking. 7.0
Listening. 7.5
Writing. 6.5
Reading. 7.0

Band Level: 7.0

Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:39am On Jul 13, 2013
hari_it_ram:

Thanks a lot solomonwis. Its helpfull, however for 1st 10 - 20 pages i thoughts its for student visa; but they are talking abt PR as well smiley dats encouraging.hope i can find someone like u there smiley

As a final query :-

Just now, i spoke to old manager and he agreed to give in the prescribed format , but reference letter for 18 months is enough to claim 9 points solomonwis ?

Kindly reply

That's good news!

All you need to claim 9 points is a 12-motnh work experience. You with your 18 months, you can earn 9 points! Go get it!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hariitram: 11:52am On Jul 13, 2013
solomonwis:

That's good news!

All you need to claim 9 points is a 12-motnh work experience. You with your 18 months, you can earn 9 points! Go get it!

Sure , Thats good news from you too smiley will keep you posted now and then.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:57am On Jul 13, 2013
Royaldee: Hi

Below r my scores:

Speaking. 7.0
Listening. 7.5
Writing. 6.5
Reading. 7.0

Thanks

Speaking. 7.0 = 6 points {CLB 9 and above}
Listening. 7.5 = 5 points {CLB 8}
Writing. 6.5 = 5 points {CLB 8}
Reading. 7.0 = 6 points {CLB 9 and above}
Total =22 points

This is putting it conservatively without adding the second language additional points that may be earned.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hariitram: 11:58am On Jul 13, 2013
Royaldee: Hi

Below r my scores:

Speaking. 7.0
Listening. 7.5
Writing. 6.5
Reading. 7.0

Thanks

Hi ,

Even though i don't think i am eligible to comment , but going by CIC website you might earn 22 points

Speaking. 7.0 - 6 Points
Listening. 7.5 - 5 Points
Writing. 6.5 - 5 Points
Reading. 7.0 - 6 Points.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/language-testing.asp

Please wait for some of the senior members to show the green signal. really sorry if i am guiding you to the wrong path.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 13, 2013
solomonwis:

That's good news!

I also suggest your present employer writes something for you, even if its not in the right format. You can then explain that in your application.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 14, 2013
I've been denied student visa to canny b4. Do u advise I use my uci no in this applicatn while filling the form?
Another questn is if one puts sask as province when applying, must he/she stay in the same province? I intend staying in Calgary (because my job is very available there) but I feel it my reduce my chances due to the number of people that wants to immigrate there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (322)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.