Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,240 members, 7,887,682 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 12:17 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (833778 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 9:33pm On Sep 12, 2013
thebaft: UPDATE:

Dear all,

I applied for the FSW 2013 programme under the 2147 NOC. My application arrived at CIO on 24 June 2013 and to God be the glory, I received my PER today - 12 September 2013

That was close
Pop chaampagne!!!#×!! $#
Congrats thebaft
More good news on d way4nairalanders
Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Tranquill: 10:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
I have just discovered this thread now. What is anoying me is that I discovered it after I have been swindled to the tune of 16k for police certificate at alagbon . I am just reading that it shouldnt be more than 5k . Well....experience is the best teacher sad
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 2:53am On Sep 13, 2013

Dear all,

I applied for the FSW 2013 programme under the 2147 NOC. My application arrived at CIO on 24 June 2013 and to God be the glory, I received my PER today - 12 September 2013
Congrats...one quick question...did u include evidence to show that u can take care of yourself financially
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by thebaft: 5:08am On Sep 13, 2013
blueQueen:
Congrats...one quick question...did u include evidence to show that u can take care of yourself financially

Yes dear,

I had to include bank statements showing that my accounts contained the naira equivalent of the minimum funds as stated in the link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:40am On Sep 13, 2013
Between, what is a PER?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 5:47am On Sep 13, 2013
Tranquill: I have just discovered this thread now. What is anoying me is that I discovered it after I have been swindled to the tune of 16k for police certificate at alagbon . I am just reading that it shouldnt be more than 5k . Well....experience is the best teacher sad

"Well....experience is the best teacher "
This adage just like many others needs reform especially in this age of information technology. Experience is no longer the best teacher especially in 9ja; its rather a bad teacher
But dont feel too bad cos i paid 10k for PC in force HQ area 11 abuja even though i knew and had done it 4k in lagos years back. But trust police they insisted its 10k and for me, i was hell bent on getting it anyhow.
Sorry for the extra doe spent. The end will justify it.
Say Amen somebody !
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Tranquill: 6:01am On Sep 13, 2013
blueQueen: Between, what is a PER?
BTW=by the way.

PER= Positive Eligibility Review. It is the first email you receive from CIC indicating that your application has successfully passed through the 1st stage at their office in Canada and your file will now be transfered to your local visa office that will now continue processing your application to conclusion. Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:03am On Sep 13, 2013
blueQueen: Between, what is a PER?

You can read up more about PER in the link below
https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines/23
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Tranquill: 6:56am On Sep 13, 2013
ifechukwukamso:

"Well....experience is the best teacher "
This adage just like many others needs reform especially in this age of information technology. Experience is no longer the best teacher especially in 9ja; its rather a bad teacher
But dont feel too bad cos i paid 10k for PC in force HQ area 11 abuja even though i knew and had done it 4k in lagos years back. But trust police they insisted its 10k and for me, i was hell bent on getting it anyhow.
Sorry for the extra doe spent. The end will justify it.
Say Amen somebody !

You are so right. They even carried on as if they were doing me a favour.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by adonai36: 3:50am On Sep 14, 2013
@All and oga Solomonwis, please I want to know if am qualify to apply as an Engineer Manager. I have work experience as a manager of an engineering firm, but my first degree is not in Engineering.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau: 5:44am On Sep 14, 2013
adonai36: @All and oga Solomonwis, please I want to know if am qualify to apply as an Engineer Manager. I have work experience as a manager of an engineering firm, but my first degree is not in Engineering.

Thank you.

have you reviewed the specific criteria for the NOC you are interested in
For this year, that NOC is a hot one,... as at the last update (applications received in mid June - it is 167 already)

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=0211

0211 Engineering managers

Engineering managers plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of an engineering department, service or firm. They are employed by a wide range of private sector and government establishments and by consulting engineering and scientific research companies.

Example Titles

director, engineering research and development
electrical engineering service manager
engineering department manager
engineering manager
manager, telecommunications engineering service
production engineering manager

View all titles

Main duties

Engineering managers perform some or all of the following duties:
Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations of an engineering department, service or firm
Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm
Consult and negotiate with clients to prepare specifications, explain proposals and present engineering reports and findings
Assign, co-ordinate and review the technical work of the department or project teams
Recruit personnel and oversee development and maintenance of staff competence in required areas
May participate directly in the design, development and inspection of technical projects or in the engineering work of the department.

Employment requirements

A bachelor's degree in engineering is usually required.
Extensive experience in an engineering discipline, including supervisory experience, is required.
Registration as a Professional Engineer (P. Eng.) by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is usually required.
Additional information

Mobility to other technical managerial positions, or to research or senior management positions is possible with experience.
Classified elsewhere

Architecture and science managers (0212)
Computer and information systems managers (0213)
Construction managers (0711)
Engineers and supervisors of engineers (in 21 Professional occupations in natural and applied sciences )
Managers in transportation (0731)
Manufacturing managers (0911)
Utilities managers (0912)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:40am On Sep 14, 2013
adonai36: @All and oga Solomonwis, please I want to know if am qualify to apply as an Engineer Manager. I have work experience as a manager of an engineering firm, but my first degree is not in Engineering.

Thank you.

What educational qualifications do you have? How many years of work experience do you have as an Engineering Manager?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by adonai36: 6:25pm On Sep 14, 2013
solomonwis:

What educational qualifications do you have? How many years of work experience do you have as an Engineering Manager?

I have a bachelors degree in Humanities, and I have my WES report ready.
I have four years experience as an Engineering manager. I started off as a trainee manager
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by vncntybnz: 6:41pm On Sep 14, 2013
Hi guys! I just need your advice so badly. I got my IELTS results this week:
OVERALL 6.5
Listening 6.5
Reading 5.5
Writing 6.5
Speaking 6.5

Basing on my ielts scores, am I eligible to apply for the federal skilled workers program? If I am, how many points will i be getting for language skills? Or do I need to retake the ielts exam

I would greatly appreciate your response. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 14, 2013
vncntybnz: Hi guys! I just need your advice so badly. I got my IELTS results this week:
OVERALL 6.5
Listening 6.5
Reading 5.5
Writing 6.5
Speaking 6.5

Basing on my ielts scores, am I eligible to apply for the federal skilled workers program? If I am, how many points will i be getting for language skills? Or do I need to retake the ielts exam

Reading is out of order.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Tranquill: 8:05pm On Sep 14, 2013
vncntybnz: Hi guys! I just need your advice so badly. I got my IELTS results this week:
OVERALL 6.5
Listening 6.5
Reading 5.5
Writing 6.5
Speaking 6.5

Yes you need to retake the ielts exam because you need to score minimum of 6.0 in each module and your score in reading is less than 6.0.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:56am On Sep 15, 2013
adonai36:

I have four years experience as an Engineering manager. I started off as a trainee manager

With that work experience,you can still apply as an Engineering Manager but you need to be sure you meet up with the required 67 points{minimum}. With you starting off as a Trainee within the 4 years work experience,I have my reservation.

Your educational qualification is not in line with your main duties at work and your work experience {especially a long term work experience} should offset this lacuna but with you starting off as a Trainee in the last four years and ending up as an Engineering Manager,you need to gain reasonable and objective assurance that you meet up with the minimum required points of 67.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 11:07am On Sep 15, 2013
adonai36:

There is a big discordance between your primary qualification and your work experience.
If you had a masters or diploma that took you close to engineering it would have beeen likely
Idon't think your application will pull through
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 11:10am On Sep 15, 2013
adonai36:

There is a big discordance between your primary qualification and your work experience.

If you had a masters or diploma that took you close to engineering it would have beeen likely

The truth is I don't think your application will pull through

This is however my opiopinion. There is not harm in trying though
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by emandman: 11:30am On Sep 15, 2013
Pls ppl i av a bsc finance wit no work experience..1year afta service...i wan apply 4 canada visa for FSW..wot is my fate,and abeg if i apply now and say it's succesful,wot is d average duration 4d visa applictn 2b granted?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:41am On Sep 15, 2013
e mandman: Pls ppl i av a bsc finance wit no work experience..1year afta service...i wan apply 4 canada visa for FSW..wot is my fate,and abeg if i apply now and say it's succesful,wot is d average duration 4d visa applictn 2b granted?

With the bolded part, unfortunately you are not qualified to apply for the FSWP at this time. You need a minimum of one year work experience to be able to apply.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by emandman: 12:45pm On Sep 15, 2013
@solomon u close my thread bt God bless 4 d ansa...by no work exprince i mean like in an official set up...av bn working 4 ova one year as account officer in a private hospital...so wotz my chance wif dat and pls how long will it take averagely i if stat dis dis week,dias a reason am keen abt d duration?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 1:21pm On Sep 15, 2013
e mandman: @solomon u close my thread bt God bless 4 d ansa...by no work exprince i mean like in an official set up...av bn working 4 ova one year as account officer in a private hospital...so wotz my chance wif dat and pls how long will it take averagely i if stat dis dis week,dias a reason am keen abt d duration?

I didn't close your thread (don't have the power to do that) the mod did. Moreover, there was no need duplicating threads all over the place.

Are you saying the hospital is not "an official setting"? You need to clear that out first.

Like I said earlier, you require a minimum of one year work experience. The eligible occupation you would have applied for (1112 Financial and investment analysts ) has space for only 300 people and this has been filled up.

To be sure you meet up with the minimum required 67 points,you need to carry out a self examination of your abilities as outlined on http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp.

You also need to write a Language test (either English, French or both),you also need to have your educational qualifications evaluated/assessed by an authorized assessing body (agency approved by the govt. of Canada to assess educational qualifications obtained outside Canada).

You can approach any of the below for your educational qualifications assessment

•Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
•International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
•World Education Services
•Medical Council of Canada (professional body) - For professionals in the medical field/profession

If at any point, you need clarification on specific areas during the process,you can ask your questions here
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by emandman: 1:38pm On Sep 15, 2013
Thanks...i'l b updating
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ChriGo(m): 10:42pm On Sep 15, 2013
....@solomonwis nice job here....na everywia u dey mehn!!....u just dey bounce around grin...nice1....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:58am On Sep 16, 2013
ChriGo: ....@solomonwis nice job here....na everywia u dey mehn!!....u just dey bounce around grin...nice1....

How we for do na..

I don't jump at everything and anything because I know this is a public forum where there are intellectuals from all over the world. You need to get your facts right before passing on messages.

That is why I advise to leave any matter you don't have experience on to people who are more experienced. When you take it up to a point, others can refine your thought as communicated and everybody is better for it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ChriGo(m): 9:11am On Sep 16, 2013
solomonwis:

How we for do na..

I don't jump at everything and anything because I know this is a public forum where there are intellectuals from all over the world. You need to get your facts right before passing on messages.

That is why I advise to leave any matter you don't have experience on to people who are more experienced. When you take it up to a point, others can refine your thought as communicated and everybody is better for it.
......Nna bros na ur Thread i dey.....dont yab me here undecided.....The matter we dissued on other forum is simply what has been experienced by those using it and me.....infact i spoke with a lady banker who was also on the forum yesterday on phone and asked her about the full load down of credit and debit cards....she said she saw your statement were u said there is no credit card system in nigeria and she really frowned at that statement cuz they issue credit cards from her bank.....The reason she couldn't contribute was because the whole issue was been annilated by different forumite....i also frown at the issue were u said i should leave it to the online routers.....Well, i also did online visa application for a personal friend too so you see!! Its more or less like i am also an online router even though i did mine the paper way.....i used a credit card and didnt have any frustration with it....it went once without errors so my giving an advice to someone to use a credit card isn't a bad idea cuz ChriGo don use am....thats what i want you to understand.......
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:51am On Sep 16, 2013
ChriGo: ......Nna bros na ur Thread i dey.....dont yab me here undecided.....The matter we dissued on other forum is simply what has been experienced by those using it and me.....infact i spoke with a lady banker who was also on the forum yesterday on phone and asked her about the full load down of credit and debit cards....she said she saw your statement were u said there is no credit card system in nigeria and she really frowned at that statement cuz they issue credit cards from her bank.....The reason she couldn't contribute was because the whole issue was been annilated by different forumite....i also frown at the issue were u said i should leave it to the online routers.....Well, i also did online visa application for a personal friend too so you see!! Its more or less like i am also an online router even though i did mine the paper way.....i used a credit card and didnt have any frustration with it....it went once without errors so my giving an advice to someone to use a credit card isn't a bad idea cuz ChriGo don use am....thats what i want you to understand.......

So many people work in the bank but don't understand the basic! Not where people who studied yoruba language claiming to be bankers without any professional touch. Many claim to be customer care reps in banks but nothing show they have any inkling about the job to be done.

I don't doubt you having challenges using a debit card or what you want to call credit card but I maintain and insist we are not running a credit system in Nigeria. This is not a blind argument, you need a good credit system running in the country to run a credit card system. Very few people have access to what is termed credit card in Nigeria. The facts are there for all to see.

You need to understand the workings of a credit card and a credit system to understand me. Are we running a credit system in Nigeria like it is done in advanced countries? Do we have a pool where credit worthiness or otherwise data can be sourced and analysed?do banker really and truly know their customers in Nigeria.

Let me give you this assignment,research on the modalities for running a credit system in an economy and ask if Nigeria is there already or just getting there.

I have used a Naira Master debit card {which many people under the popular fallacy take to be credit card} and it has worked for me.

I don't intend to derail this thread just as I wouldn't want the other thread derailed. You can argue with everything but not with my experience just as I can not argue with your experience. I have offered to help effect a payment with the debit card and I think that in itself is a proof that I know what I'm talking about.

Let's face it,we don't have a REAL credit system{platform on which credit cards work well} in Nigeria. We are just getting there.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ChriGo(m): 10:24am On Sep 16, 2013
solomonwis:

So many people work in the bank but don't understand the basic! Not where people who studied yoruba language claiming to be bankers without any professional touch. Many claim to be customer care reps in banks but nothing show they have any inkling about the job to be done.

I don't doubt you having challenges using a debit card or what you want to call credit card but I maintain and insist we are not running a credit system in Nigeria. This is not a blind argument, you need a good credit system running in the country to run a credit card system. Very few people have access to what is termed credit card in Nigeria. The facts are there for all to see.

You need to understand the workings of a credit card and a credit system to understand me. Are we running a credit system in Nigeria like it is done in advanced countries? Do we have a pool where credit worthiness or otherwise data can be sourced and analysed?do banker really and truly know their customers in Nigeria.

Let me give you this assignment,research on the modalities for running a credit system in an economy and ask if Nigeria is there already or just getting there.

I have used a Naira Master debit card {which many people under the popular fallacy take to be credit card} and it has worked for me.

I don't intend to derail this thread just as I wouldn't want the other thread derailed. You can argue with everything but not with my experience just as I can not argue with your experience. I have offered to help effect a payment with the debit card and I think that in itself is a proof that I know what I'm talking about.

Let's face it,we don't have a REAL credit system{platform on which credit cards work well} in Nigeria. We are just getting there.

.....Well thats true, i cant imagine were banks would recruit someone who studied yoruba to work in the system and the funny thing is they put them in a very sensitive area that requires high level of professionalism....but please check out this link www.firstbanknigeria.com/products/e-banking/debit-and-credit-cards/first-naira-credit-card/ and tell me what you think.....there are credits cards in naija but its not always as load as the debit.....anyway you have done a good job....tanx....and as for ur assignment would PM u with thatgrin....
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by dearstan(m): 6:57pm On Sep 16, 2013

Dear all,

Congrats thebaft! When were you debited?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by thebaft: 7:41pm On Sep 16, 2013
dearstan:

Congrats thebaft! When were you debited?

Thanks! I submitted a bank draft with my application. The PER mail stated that they accepted my bank draft as payment on 6th September 2013. A receipt number was also included in the mail.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 3:31pm On Sep 17, 2013
That's revealing never knew a bank draft from Nigeria would work
Congrats again

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (322)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.