Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,266 members, 7,887,771 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:37 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (833783 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 18, 2013
solomonwis:

What is rprf stage? Right of permanent residence? if it is, then raising a bank draft won't be any problem in ACCRA as you can raise that even in local currency (I mean Cedis)
You are correct but to be honest, I prefer every transaction in CAD. Reason being that any fluctuations in exchange rate won't affect the value of the fees. That's just my opinion though.
Raising the draft in us dollars is also allowed by Accra and gt bank charges less for that.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:17pm On Sep 18, 2013
Tranquill:

I do not beleive that WES or any other agency for that matter can carry out evaluation without seeing the official transcript. The evaluation is done based on the guidlines agreed upon with CIC. It is the individual modules taken in the course of any particular programm that they use in establishing its comparism with canadian equivalence. Also, your official transcript confirms the date of birth you are claiming in your application for credential evaluation. The 'relationship' they have established with any institution can only hasten the process but not for them to overlook a basic requirement. They can only confirm if the transcript they received is genuine or not but no agency will take the 1st step of getting the transcript. It is the the responsibility of the applicant to make such request.

Well,I have my reasons for saying what I said and it is a fact. For some Institutions, they already have a database of all the school transcripts and academic records so either you send the transcripts or not, they can verify your document as long as they have a copy of your certificate.This is called Digitary® secure electronic document system.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by thebaft: 2:02am On Sep 19, 2013
nanonye: Thanks a lot guys couldn't be more grateful for this response. Please I have another question. I lost my original birth certificate so any idea what alternatives I can use? Do they accept Age Declarations? Thanks a lot. quote author=ferdimako]

Nice piece but on my own case, my employer is the one who wants me to leave and fulfill my dreams. He was involved in preparing my skill reference letter and signed it.I'm grateful to him.

You can use an age declaration. It is a legal document. Also, you can attempt to contact any National Population Commission office near you (at the local government offices) and ask them for the process on how to obtain a Birth Certificate via Birth Registration.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 4:49am On Sep 19, 2013
thebaft:

You can use an age declaration. It is a legal document. Also, you can attempt to contact any National Population Commission office near you (at the local government offices) and ask them for the process on how to obtain a Birth Certificate via Birth Registration.

This is also very correct and accepted
Sworn court affidavit backed by a certificate from National population comission.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 19, 2013
246 for noc 2147.

And they will still have up to 2 months applications that have not yet been accessed.
Nawa 4 waec.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by nanonye: 12:08am On Sep 20, 2013
Thanks for this update Solowis. Seems the numbers are filling up quickly. Please I have a question for you and the other guys that have received their PER. Please at what point does someone's application count towards the numbers quoted? Is it at the point CIC receives an application or is it at the point a PER is received by someone that has applied? For example, the Engineering Managers NOC Category currently shows 190. Now if i apply to that category, does this figure rise to 191 at the point when CIC receives my application in the post or does it rise to 191 after I receive my PER? Could someone please shed little light on the content of the messages they got both when CIC received their application and the message they got when they received a PER. (This is optional. Just if you wish to because letters are personal). Thanks a lot guys.
solomonwis: UPDATE!!!

Total received toward the overall cap: 1,812 of 5,000

0211 Engineering managers 190
1112 Financial and investment analysts 300 (Cap reached)

2113 Geoscientists and oceanographers 12
2131 Civil engineers 123
2132 Mechanical engineers 145
2134 Chemical engineers 58
2143 Mining engineers 2
2145 Petroleum engineers 1
2144 Geological engineers 24
2146 Aerospace engineers 7
2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers) 246
2154 Land surveyors 4
2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers 300 (Cap reached)
2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics 24
2263 Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety 83
3141 Audiologists and speech-language pathologists 4
3142 Physiotherapists 125
3143 Occupational Therapists 17
3211 Medical laboratory technologists 89
3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists' assistants 29
3214 Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists 5
3215 Medical Radiation Technologists 17
3216 Medical Sonographers 9
3217 Cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists 6

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:50am On Sep 20, 2013
My guys,
My ielts result is out. I thank God for the narrow escape.
Listening: 6.0
Reading: 6.5
Writing: 7.0
Speaking: 7.5
Overall: 7.0

So I hve 21 pts in language.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:24am On Sep 20, 2013
Please any advise on getting a job offer in Canny.
I need that as if u hv a job offer, the cap is not to be considered.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:25am On Sep 20, 2013
nanonye: Thanks for this update Solowis. Seems the numbers are filling up quickly. Please I have a question for you and the other guys that have received their PER. Please at what point does someone's application count towards the numbers quoted? Is it at the point CIC receives an application or is it at the point a PER is received by someone that has applied? For example, the Engineering Managers NOC Category currently shows 190. Now if i apply to that category, does this figure rise to 191 at the point when CIC receives my application in the post or does it rise to 191 after I receive my PER? Could someone please shed little light on the content of the messages they got both when CIC received their application and the message they got when they received a PER. (This is optional. Just if you wish to because letters are personal). Thanks a lot guys.

Your application is deemed complete and received officially only when you receive your PER and your CC charged,that is when it is counted as part of the complete applications received.

You don't get any message when CIC receives your message other than the tracking info from your courier company. The only time you receive info about your application is when your CC is charged and you receive PER.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:27am On Sep 20, 2013
mercylicious: My guys,

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:32am On Sep 20, 2013
mercylicious: Please any advise on getting a job offer in Canny.
I need that as if u hv a job offer, the cap is not to be considered.

Getting a job from outside Canada is a 1:1,000 probability, but it is not impossible.
The first step is to get your CV prepared in the format that is deemed acceptable in Canada and the second most important aspect is to visit job sites to submit CVs.

Not many companies want to go through the hassle of getting an LMO for a prospective employee whose capabilities have not been tested. Aside this,the cost of recruiting from outside is much more than recruiting somebody inside Canada.

It is not impossible but the chances are VERY VERY slim.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bannana(m): 7:57am On Sep 20, 2013
solomonwis:

Your application is deemed complete and received officially only when you receive your PER and your CC charged,that is when it is counted as part of the complete applications received.

You don't get any message when CIC receives your message other than the tracking info from your courier company. The only time you receive info about your application is when your CC is charged and you receive PER.

@Solomonwis thank you for this explanation I was just curious and wondering if you applied for the FSW program and you have gotten a PER.
My second question is that I applied under one of the already filled caps though the cap had not been filled at the time I applied but I didn't get a PER till it was filled,does that mean my application didn't make the number of filled caps? going by your last explanation.Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:10am On Sep 20, 2013
bannana:

@Solomonwis thank you for this explanation I was just curious and wondering if you applied for the FSW program and you have gotten a PER.
My second question is that I applied under one of the already filled caps though the cap had not been filled at the time I applied but I didn't get a PER till it was filled,does that mean my application didn't make the number of filled caps? going by your last explanation.Thank you.

I have gone through that route before (and I have an on-going FSWP going, though that started before the 2013 session).I have actually been on the FSWP since 2007/2008.

If you have not received a PER and your CC was not charged before the cap was reached, then your application will be returned (or it is on its way back to you).
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bannana(m): 8:32am On Sep 20, 2013
solomonwis:

I have gone through that route before (and I have an on-going FSWP going, though that started before the 2013 session).I have actually been on the FSWP since 2007/2008.

If you have not received a PER and your CC was not charged before the cap was reached, then your application will be returned (or it is on its way back to you).

I would expect that since the FSWP is an ongoing process then applications that have met all requirements but did not scale through the application cap selection stage will be kept and reconsidered for the next rounds of selection.There will be no point sending it back for example if the occupation remains on the list of NOC occupations for the next round,anyway my opinion though.I wish everyone good luck!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:48am On Sep 20, 2013
bannana:

I would expect that since the FSWP is an ongoing process then applications that have met all requirements but did not scale through the application cap selection stage will be kept and reconsidered for the next rounds of selection.There will be no point sending it back for example if the occupation remains on the list of NOC occupations for the next round,anyway my opinion though.I wish everyone good luck!

They don't keep applications that don't come in before the cap is reached. They return them back to the applicants except in cases where the applicants have a valid job offer.

Yes, the FSWP is an on-going process but the regulations keep changing every year and applications will be subjected to the rules in existence at the time when they are treated, it will therefore be unfair to subject for instance, last year's application to this year's rules as it will be to the disadvantage of the applicants hence the need to return applications that don't come in before the cap is reached.

Going forward, next year's applications will be treated under a different package all together. There will be an Expression of Interest by the applicants on a platform to be designed (just as it is with New Zealand and Australia) and a whole number of changes will be expected to take place. So, it is pointless keeping this year's applications for next year in-take given the number of changes expected.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bannana(m): 9:03am On Sep 20, 2013
solomonwis:

They don't keep applications that don't come in before the cap is reached. They return them back to the applicants except in cases where the applicants have a valid job offer.

Yes, the FSWP is an on-going process but the regulations keep changing every year and applications will be subjected to the rules in existence at the time when they are treated, it will therefore be unfair to subject for instance, last year's application to this year's rules as it will be to the disadvantage of the applicants hence the need to return applications that don't come in before the cap is reached.

Going forward, next year's applications will be treated under a different package all together. There will be an Expression of Interest by the applicants on a platform to be designed (just as it is with New Zealand and Australia) and a whole number of changes will be expected to take place. So, it is pointless keeping this year's applications for next year in-take given the number of changes expected.
solomonwis:

Well I respect your resourcefulness on the whole Skilled Immigration process particularly taking inferences from NZ and Australia which is a big possibility and I'm not in any doubt about that.

Having said all that still keeping fingers crossed because my application was sent well in advance before the cap was reached in my case.
Keep up the good work brother and I hope we can all share some positive stories at the end of the day.
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by thebaft: 7:12pm On Sep 20, 2013
mercylicious: My guys,

Congratulations! With determination, you can achieve anything!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jasminehunny(f): 11:00am On Sep 21, 2013
Hello everyone,pls i need ur help. All my documents are well-ready by Gods grace. However i have issues with viewing and printin some of the application forms. It keeps showing the below (attached picture)page. I have upgraded my adobe and tried openin on other systems but same result. Am i doin something wrong? Someone pls assist me wit info. Bless!

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bannana(m): 11:39am On Sep 21, 2013
jasminehunny: Hello everyone,pls i need ur help. All my documents are well-ready by Gods grace. However i have issues with viewing and printin some of the application forms. It keeps showing the below (attached picture)page. I have upgraded my adobe and tried openin on other systems but same result. Am i doin something wrong? Someone pls assist me wit info. Bless!

Since you have upgraded your Pdf reader already and no luck, I suggest you retry other systems probably a cafe or something and try to re-download the documents afresh.It is likely that the Pdf files are already corrupt.I hope that solves the problem.Good luck!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jasminehunny(f): 12:20pm On Sep 21, 2013
bannana:

Since you have upgraded your Pdf reader already and no luck, I suggest you retry other systems probably a cafe or something and try to re-download the documents afresh.It is likely that the Pdf files are already corrupt.I hope that solves the problem.Good luck!

Thank u! I'll do just that..
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 21, 2013
jasminehunny:

Thank u! I'll do just that..

In addition, I experienced the same problem, I just copied the link of the pdf and pasted it on another browser and it open, try it may be it can work on your system.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by okejji: 9:05pm On Sep 21, 2013
@ mercilicious, congrats. This is a big breakthrough for you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bayulll01(m): 7:10am On Sep 22, 2013
Hello house bit curious I just talked to my sis in cagliary alberta,she gave me go ahead to apply and am applying as a chemical engineer the cap yet to full,my problem is I don't have work experience and she told me experience very important, and also what class of degree can one have before someone can apply. I also got a professional certification on occupational health and safety will it be an advantage.hope to hear from u guys
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:32am On Sep 22, 2013
bayulll01: Hello house bit curious I just talked to my sis in cagliary alberta,she gave me go ahead to apply and am applying as a chemical engineer the cap yet to full,my problem is I don't have work experience and she told me experience very important, and also what class of degree can one have before someone can apply. I also got a professional certification on occupational health and safety will it be an advantage.hope to hear from u guys

Work experience is really essential in FSWP, what work experience do you have? It is good you got a professional certification in HSE but do you have work experience in that regard?

Class of degree does not come in to play here, so long as your degree is seen to be equivalent to that of a Canadian.

I will advise therefore that you only apply under the eligible occupation which you have educational qualifications in.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bayulll01(m): 7:55am On Sep 22, 2013
solomonwis:

Work experience is really essential in FSWP, what work experience do you have? It is good you got a professional certification in HSE but do you have work experience in that regard?

Class of degree does not come in to play here, so long as your degree is seen to be equivalent to that of a Canadian.

I will advise therefore that you only apply under the eligible occupation which you have educational qualifications in.
Solomonwise u are wonderful u no dey sleep,God will continue to be with u as u are helping us.presently I work with Stambic IBTC as a procurement officer if u ask me not related at all to what I read in the university,but I did a 1yr siwes with a producing company as a quality control officer I don't know if I can include it.anyway thanks and have a wonderful day ahead
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:13am On Sep 22, 2013
bayulll01:
Solomonwise u are wonderful u no dey sleep,God will continue to be with u as u are helping us.presently I work with Stambic IBTC as a procurement officer if u ask me not related at all to what I read in the university,but I did a 1yr siwes with a producing company as a quality control officer I don't know if I can include it.anyway thanks and have a wonderful day ahead

I want to imagine that you have your first degree in sciences/engineering ( and I am going to base my advice on that basis).

Working in the bank with an engineering degree is not a misnomer especially when you are a procurement officer with the bank. However, you have to match your main duties with the eligible occupation you might want to apply under.

You see the challenge will be to score points with your work experience as it relates to your educational qualification. I would have advised you apply under Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety but the work experience will be a challenge.

Applying as a Chemical engineer is also good but the work experience will also be a challenge.

My advice:

Study the National Occupational Classification (NOC) for the 2 eligible occupations above (Chemical Engineer and Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety ) from the links below
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=2131
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=2263

Then compare your present main duties with the main duties specified in the NOC for the 2 occupations to see where you fit in. I know it can be a dicey situation but it is not impossible to fit into either of the 2 occupations given your present job title as a Procurement Officer. ( You might be an Engineering procurement officer for the bank for instance) .
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bayulll01(m): 8:54am On Sep 22, 2013
Thank boss I appreciate that will get back to u on the whole tinx,one love bro
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:44am On Sep 24, 2013
Cap updated again;
ation [NOC] code)Number of complete applications counted towards the 300 sub-cap Footnote 1
0211   Engineering managers198
1112   Financial and investment analysts300 (Cap reached)
2113   Geoscientists and oceanographers12
2131   Civil engineers125
2132   Mechanical engineers151
2134   Chemical engineers64
2143   Mining engineers3
2145   Petroleum engineers1
2144   Geological engineers25
2146   Aerospace engineers7
2147   Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers)264
2154   Land surveyors5
2174   Computer programmers and interactive media developers 300 (Cap reached)
2243   Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics26
2263   Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety86
3141   Audiologists and speech-language pathologists4
3142   Physiotherapists127
3143   Occupational Therapists17
3211   Medical laboratory technologists91
3212   Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists' assistants30
3214   Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists7
3215   Medical Radiation Technologists17
3216   Medical Sonographers10
3217   Cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists8
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 7:02am On Sep 24, 2013
mercylicious: Cap updated again;
ation [NOC] code)Number of complete applications counted towards the 300 sub-cap Footnote 1
0211   Engineering managers198
1112   Financial and investment analysts300 (Cap reached)
2113   Geoscientists and oceanographers12
2131   Civil engineers125
2132   Mechanical engineers151
2134   Chemical engineers64
2143   Mining engineers3
2145   Petroleum engineers1
2144   Geological engineers25
2146   Aerospace engineers7
2147   Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers)264
2154   Land surveyors5
2174   Computer programmers and interactive media developers 300 (Cap reached)
2243   Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics26
2263   Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety86
3141   Audiologists and speech-language pathologists4
3142   Physiotherapists127
3143   Occupational Therapists17
3211   Medical laboratory technologists91
3212   Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists' assistants30
3214   Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists7
3215   Medical Radiation Technologists17
3216   Medical Sonographers10
3217   Cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists8

The last update was on September 18,2013 and this was posted here same date..No update after this date.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bwave: 8:15am On Sep 24, 2013
solomonwis:

The last update was on September 18,2013 and this was posted here same date..No update after this date.

She is actually right. Cap was updated again on September 23, 2013.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:26am On Sep 24, 2013
Bwave:

She is actually right. Cap was updated again on September 23, 2013.

Ok and what is the total complete applications received against the overall please?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Tranquill: 9:19am On Sep 24, 2013
solomonwis:

Brov you started something nice but then dont make us feel that it is only the information that comes through you is correct. There was update and someone posted it here, you are dismissing it without even taking 2 mins to check out CIC site yourself. Replying someones comment means you have access to internet why not comfirm it urself? undecided[quote author=solomonwis]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (322)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.