Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:46 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (832863 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 28, 2013
Tranquill:

What it says is proof of at least one year of being lawfully admitted in your current place of residence. So from Sept 2012 to Nov.2013 is over one year so you include ur residence permit that covers this period. Wether it is expiring soon or not will not affect your application.

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by brownee06(f): 4:11pm On Sep 28, 2013
Bwave:
CIC is handling apps received first week of July within this period, so expect to hear from them soon.BTW is your payment confirmed?if yes, then you can rest assured of your PER.

Thanks guys for ur response.
You know that is part of the reason I am worried. My credit card has not been charged yet and I haven't gotten any message from them either.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:19pm On Sep 28, 2013
brownee06:

Thanks guys for ur response.
You know that is part of the reason I am worried. My credit card has not been charged yet and I haven't gotten any message from them either.

You get your CC/DD charged at the point when you receive your PER. Hope you'd share the goodnews when you receive the PER in the coming weeks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by brownee06(f): 5:36pm On Sep 28, 2013
solomonwis:

You get your CC/DD charged at the point when you receive your PER. Hope you'd share the goodnews when you receive the PER in the coming weeks.

Definitely, I would smiley
Thanks for ur help
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by samuel058: 6:38pm On Sep 28, 2013
hello house help your brother here oo
IELTS is as follows;
listening;6.5
speaking:6.5
writing:6.0
and reading;5.5
am i still eligible to apply or i will need to write another IELTS?please respond urgently.............ooooooo
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:51pm On Sep 28, 2013
samuel058: hello house help your brother here oo
IELTS is as follows;
listening;6.5
speaking:6.5
writing:6.0
and reading;5.5
am i still eligible to apply or i will need to write another IELTS?please respond urgently.............ooooooo

Unfortunately,you have to write the IELTS again as you need to have a minimum of band score 6.0 in each of the language abilities. The score in your reading test is less than what is required.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Hotstepper(f): 1:19pm On Sep 29, 2013
@Solomonwis, thanks alot....happy sunday everyone
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 29, 2013
solomonwis:

Unfortunately,you have to write the IELTS again as you need to have a minimum of band score 6.0 in each of the language abilities. The score in your reading test is less than what is required.
Its a pity, same happened to me.
Use www.ieltsbuddy.com and http://ielts-simon.com/ielts-help-and-english-pr/ielts-reading/ to improve ur skill.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by prommy12(f): 5:01pm On Sep 29, 2013
Hello solomonwis, can a B.SC in accounting wit 15years experience apply(civil servant). Thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:05pm On Sep 29, 2013
prommy12: Hello solomonwis, can a B.SC in accounting wit 15years experience apply(civil servant). Thanks

Of course you can apply. Unfortunately,the eligible occupation you appear to qualify for has reached the cap limit of 300 already.

You can be on the look out for next in-take from 2014. In the mean time,you can get your language test done and evaluate your educational credentials.

Reading through the thread will give you an insight into the steps to follow.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by alexito48201: 12:59pm On Sep 30, 2013
I received my PER on the 25th august 2013. Does this mean I am good to go?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 1:01pm On Sep 30, 2013
alexito48201: I received my PER on the 25th august 2013. Does this mean I am good to go?

Sure you are on your way already...expect the AOR soon.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by alexito48201: 1:26pm On Sep 30, 2013
What is AOR? Pls and who issues it?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 1:31pm On Sep 30, 2013
alexito48201: What is AOR? Pls and who issues it?

Acknowledgement of receipt (AOR) = That is the first communication you receive from your responsible visa office stating that your application has been received (from the CIO in Nova Scotia). It will state how long the process will take amongst other details.

When you receive an AOR,then you can start communicating with your Visa Office/case officer.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by alexito48201: 1:36pm On Sep 30, 2013
Thanks so much solomonwis. Really appraeciate.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 3:15pm On Sep 30, 2013
For the benefit of all, this is a copy (an edited copy) of an AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt)

UCI: xxxxxxxx
Application No.: xxxx
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear xxxxxxx,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2013/xx/xx.

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application
To notify CIC of changes to your application, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp, select the office stated below, and follow the directions for “Case Specific Enquiry.”

When will CIC contact me?
CIC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, or an interview. For general guidance on what to expect, you can visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications and consult the “What happens next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use either the Unique Client Identifier (UCI) or Application Number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times
Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

How can I prepare for immigration to Canada?
Please consult the following resources about settlement in Canada:
• For information on language assessment and training, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-language-training.asp
• For information on employment, visit www.credentials.gc.ca and www.workingincanada.gc.ca
• For information on housing, education, health, important documents, and other topics, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers

We trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful.

High Commission of Canada
Visa Section
42 Independence Avenue
Accra, Ghana
Sankara Interchange (Ako Adjei Overpass)
P.O. Box 1639
Accra, Ghana
www.ghana.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bannana(m): 5:51pm On Sep 30, 2013
alexito48201: I received my PER on the 25th august 2013. Does this mean I am good to go?
. Congrats alexito48201 do you mind sharing with us when you sent in your application and under what NOC category,thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by alexito48201: 6:01am On Oct 02, 2013
Application was received on june 11th. Noc 2134
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bannana(m): 8:16am On Oct 02, 2013
alexito48201: Application was received on june 11th. Noc 2134

Thanks for sharing.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Hotstepper(f): 9:36am On Oct 02, 2013
Solomonwis, please if someone studied one of the courses above nd only have 1 year internship experience, can she apply? Also if someone read Electrical Engineering but works as a petroleum engineer now, can she apply?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:04am On Oct 02, 2013
Hotstepper: Solomonwis, please if someone studied one of the courses above nd only have 1 year internship experience, can she apply? Also if someone read Electrical Engineering but works as a petroleum engineer now, can she apply?

One year internship will qualify as long as it is a paid internship. The question will be how an intern with a one year work experience meet up the other requirements. whichever way,you have to meet the minimum 67 points.

An electrical engineer with work experience in petroleum engineering will also qualify as long as educational qualification is deemed equivalent to that of a canadian and the work experience can be attested to by the employer.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bayulll01(m): 12:35pm On Oct 02, 2013
solomon wise i don come again oo,can you pls help me on the amount needed to send my application and pls can i use my normal master card to do the transaction.am i sure of refunds if my application were rejected,and finally base on experience, on which condition do they confirm working experience and will it be mail to the comapny or they will call.hope to hear from you soon.
good bless.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Hotstepper(f): 1:10pm On Oct 02, 2013
Bayuiii01 I think in da letter u will get from ur place of work, they should state there how long u have been with dem. I think ur money will be refunded if rejected but will wait solomonwis to confirm. However. Why don't u do da pre-assessement of urself first

Solomonwis, thanks a lot for ur feedback
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bayulll01(m): 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2013
Hotstepper: Bayuiii01 I think in da letter u will get from ur place of work, they should state there how long u have been with dem. I think ur money will be refunded if rejected but will wait solomonwis to confirm. However. Why don't u do da pre-assessement of urself first

Solomonwis, thanks a lot for ur feedback
Thanks babe kindly help send the link to the assessment God bless
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Hotstepper(f): 2:08pm On Oct 02, 2013
bayulll01:
Thanks babe kindly help send the link to the assessment God bless

It's http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/getting-started.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bayulll01(m): 2:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
well just did the assesment now and am eligeable,anyway am yet to write IELTS ANYWAY
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:19pm On Oct 02, 2013
bayulll01: solomon wise i don come again oo,can you pls help me on the amount needed to send my application and pls can i use my normal master card to do the transaction.am i sure of refunds if my application were rejected,and finally base on experience, on which condition do they confirm working experience and will it be mail to the comapny or they will call.hope to hear from you soon.
good bless.

The amount needed to send your application depends on the medium through which you intend dispatching the application as well as the weight of the application.if you intend using a courier service{which is highly recommended},it is best to approach the courier service provider of your choice to know the cost implication.

If you have not been using the Mastercard for normal online transactions,it is best you approach a bank that can issue bank draft payable in Canada{I understand GT Bank offers this service for a fee}. From experience however, a whole lot of people have used their normal mastercard without any hassle.

I really don't understand the last question regarding the basis for which work references are confirmed. Anything and everything you submit can be confirmed for authenticity and genuity and if anything,you might be called in for an interview{this is however a rare case}, They can choose to use whatever medium expedient to confirm anything and everything submitted along with your application,the concern should be the authenticity of the documents submitted and not the medium of confirmation of such.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 02, 2013
mercylicious:
Its a pity, same happened to me.
Use www.ieltsbuddy.com and http://ielts-simon.com/ielts-help-and-english-pr/ielts-reading/ to improve ur skill.

Congrats on your IELTS.I'm expecting my result Friday or Saturday.I did on 21 Sep.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Bwave: 10:53am On Oct 03, 2013
ferdimako:

Congrats on your IELTS.I'm expecting my result Friday or Saturday.I did on 21 Sep.
How did it go? I am sure you will smash it, this time.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by barinnbomi: 3:32pm On Oct 03, 2013
Solomonwis

Could you help clarify the link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp#eg76

I am sending the application by courier, would there be a need to affix postage? also, which is the NOC category and which is the primary NOC 2011 CODE.

Regards
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:08pm On Oct 03, 2013
barinnbomi: Solomonwis

Could you help clarify the link below

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp#eg76

I am sending the application by courier, would there be a need to affix postage? also, which is the NOC category and which is the primary NOC 2011 CODE.

Regards

If sending by courier,there's no need to affix any postage stamp.

The NOC code is the code under which you want your application assessed. The primary occupation and NOC code are as listed on the NOC website. Basically,you need to quote the code for the eligible occupation under which you want your application assessed. I believe your question is in relation to filling form imm0008,if it is,just fill in the code for your eligible occupation.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 4:16pm On Oct 03, 2013
Bwave:
How did it go? I am sure you will smash it, this time.

I tried my best and I hope that should be enough.Tomorrow or Saturday will tell.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (322)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.