Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,255 members, 7,880,960 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:03 AM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (833458 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Tranquill: 11:04am On Oct 29, 2013
nanonye: Hello guys. Please I need information on how to get my Nigerian Police Certificate which i want to attach to my application. What does it cost and how long does it take to process.
I heard its done in Lagos but is it also done in Abuja or PH? Is it possible to get it without going to Lagos?

Not sure of PH but certainly at the police headquater in Abuja. If the requirements are same as in Lagos, all you need is passport photos. Cant remember how many exactly but go with 2. You can not do it by proxy as they will need your finger print.

IMPORTANT- I understand you shouldnt pay more than 5k. I spent up to 16k in Lagos but felt really foolish when I realised I was used. They will 1st evaluate how naive you are about the whole thing then try to get as much money from you as possible. So bear in mind that you dont spend more than 5k. Good luck.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by nanonye: 11:38am On Oct 29, 2013
Thanks a lot for the information. Please can the entire process be concluded in one day?
Tranquill:

Not sure of PH but certainly at the police headquater in Abuja. If the requirements are same as in Lagos, all you need is passport photos. Cant remember how many exactly but go with 2. You can not do it by proxy as they will need your finger print.

IMPORTANT- I understand you shouldnt pay more than 5k. I spent up to 16k in Lagos but felt really foolish when I realised I was used. They will 1st evaluate how naive you are about the whole thing then try to get as much money from you as possible. So bear in mind that you dont spend more than 5k. Good luck.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Tranquill: 11:49am On Oct 29, 2013
nanonye: Thanks a lot for the information. Please can the entire process be concluded in one day?

Yeah at Alagbon, Lagos you get it within an hour or two. I dont know about Abuja and other possible places. Also, when I say u spend not more than 5k, that should be the maximum and doesnt mean you cant pay less as I understand some folks paid 4k or even less.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Tranquill: 12:49pm On Oct 29, 2013
Tranquill:

I forgot to mention that you should also go with your international passport.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 5:32pm On Oct 29, 2013
In my opinion you do not need to send a pcc now as it is valid for 6 months..

You may need to still obtain another pcc upon request exceptyou are sure u wwill be thru by 6 mths time

Send in ur application quickly
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 5:45am On Oct 30, 2013
@solomonwise and all who have got a PER, what does CIC mean by self-addressed labels, please explain, I'm confused
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by nanonye: 9:54am On Oct 30, 2013
Thanks a lot Pickabeau. I await my IELTS result and once its out, i'l send in my application for NOC 2263.
pickabeau1: In my opinion you do not need to send a pcc now as it is valid for 6 months..

You may need to still obtain another pcc upon request exceptyou are sure u wwill be thru by 6 mths time

Send in ur application quickly
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Tranquill: 10:10am On Oct 30, 2013
debbiejosh: @solomonwise and all who have got a PER, what does CIC mean by self-addressed labels, please explain, I'm confused

It is simply a paper that you write your own address on so that should there be any need to send a paper mail to you, they just paste it on an evelope and then put it in the post so that it goes to the address that you wrote down by urself. In this case any mistake in the mailing address will purely be ur own fault. I dont know if in Nigeria you can get these plain address stickers but alternatively, type you mailing address on a plain white sheet and then cut the sheet into size that can be 'gummed' to an envelope.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by nanonye: 3:21pm On Oct 30, 2013
Stil on the Self Addressed Envelope, the Checklist says we should include one in English/French and one in the country's official language. Guys am i right to say that i should include 2 addresses in English since English is our Lingua Franca?
Tranquill:

It is simply a paper that you write your own address on so that should there be any need to send a paper mail to you, they just paste it on an evelope and then put it in the post so that it goes to the address that you wrote down by urself. In this case any mistake in the mailing address will purely be ur own fault. I dont know if in Nigeria you can get these plain address stickers but alternatively, type you mailing address on a plain white sheet and then cut the sheet into size that can be 'gummed' to an envelope.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by nanonye: 3:24pm On Oct 30, 2013
Please has anybody from NOC 2263 that has received PER please share the details of his job duties? I want to compare with mine. I have looked through what CIC gave but I didn't do every single duty on it although I did most. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 3:26pm On Oct 30, 2013
Tranquill:

Thank u tranquill, is it more preferable its typed, or should it be hand written
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Tranquill: 7:52pm On Oct 30, 2013
debbiejosh:
Thank u tranquill, is it more preferable its typed, or should it be hand written

It will look more decent to have it typed and then cut it to size.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Tranquill: 7:54pm On Oct 30, 2013
nanonye: Stil on the Self Addressed Envelope, the Checklist says we should include one in English/French and one in the country's official language. Guys am i right to say that i should include 2 addresses in English since English is our Lingua Franca?

I included two address labels in English even though I know that one is also OK.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 10:24pm On Oct 30, 2013
nanonye: Thanks a lot Pickabeau. I await my IELTS result and once its out, i'l send in my application for NOC 2263.

Let's hope u r quick also...

2263 has 113 applications so far
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 5:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 7:01pm On Oct 31, 2013
ifechukwukamso: A tip of the iceberg in 2014 FSWP programme

http://www.cicnews.com/2013/10/citizenship-immigration-canada-announces-immigration-plan-2014-103017.html

Not sure there will be a 2014 programme///
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by nanonye: 6:04am On Nov 01, 2013
Hello guys with PER's. Please with regards to the Proof of Funds document, can it just be a letter from the bank stating what my bank balance is or must it be a full bank statement over a certain period? I know the Checklist shows it can be a letter from the bank but just want to know if any of our people with OER's used letters. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 6:41am On Nov 01, 2013
nanonye: Hello guys with PER's. Please with regards to the Proof of Funds document, can it just be a letter from the bank stating what my bank balance is or must it be a full bank statement over a certain period? I know the Checklist shows it can be a letter from the bank but just want to know if any of our people with OER's used letters. Thanks.

A 3 or 6 month bank statement should suffice.
6 months is preferred
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by rayo2002: 10:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
Total received toward the overall cap: 2,578 of 5,000

Eligible occupation

(by National Occupational Classification [NOC] code) Number of complete applications counted towards the 300 sub-cap Footnote 1
0211 Engineering managers 300 (Cap reached) Footnote 2
1112 Financial and investment analysts 300 (Cap reached) Footnote 2
2113 Geoscientists and oceanographers 29
2131 Civil engineers 207
2132 Mechanical engineers 276
2134 Chemical engineers 100
2143 Mining engineers 5
2145 Petroleum engineers 3
2144 Geological engineers 49
2146 Aerospace engineers 11
2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers) 300 (Cap reached) Footnote 2
2154 Land surveyors 9
2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers 300 (Cap reached) Footnote 2
2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics 51
2263 Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety 125
3141 Audiologists and speech-language pathologists 8
3142 Physiotherapists 208
3143 Occupational Therapists 27
3211 Medical laboratory technologists 140
3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists' assistants 56
3214 Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists 14
3215 Medical Radiation Technologists 29
3216 Medical Sonographers 22
3217 Cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists 14
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by nanonye: 10:44pm On Nov 01, 2013
With the rate at which NOC2263 is moving, i believe i've got some hope. That was a huge jump for NOC 2132 from 219 to 276 in two weeks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 11:12pm On Nov 01, 2013
Hot NOCs not disappointing

Half way done
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by nanonye: 3:03pm On Nov 02, 2013
almaliki:

Well like I said again....based on my personal experience with cic........I am saying what I know.....and how I sent my app...this was not 2 far .....just last yr .....since u feel I too know......will quietly stay mute n watch u guys do ur thing..........I wish u all gudluck in ur quest.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by nanonye: 1:39pm On Nov 03, 2013
Guys, please does NYSC experience also count? Can I claim points for work experience with my NYSC Teaching job?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 3:59pm On Nov 03, 2013
nanonye: Guys, please does NYSC experience also count? Can I claim points for work experience with my NYSC Teaching job?

NYSC experience counts only if it is paid work experience and you work for a minimum of approximately 40 hours per week.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by valentino81(m): 8:17pm On Nov 03, 2013
@ Solomonwis, like how much did i need to have in my acct for mysef, my wife and a kid.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 8:28pm On Nov 03, 2013
valentino81: @ Solomonwis, like how much did i need to have in my acct for mysef, my wife and a kid.

$17,011CAD for a family of 3 as proof of settlement fund.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by valentino81(m): 9:11pm On Nov 03, 2013
solomonwis:

$17,011CAD for a family of 3 as proof of settlement fund.
thanks for ur quick response. I'm trying to file application to WES before sending the documents. which of the two do i need for the FSWP; WES ICAP or WES basic? I need response ASAP!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:38pm On Nov 03, 2013
valentino81: thanks for ur quick response. I'm trying to file application to WES before sending the documents. which of the two do i need for the FSWP; WES ICAP or WES basic? I need response ASAP!

You need to be careful in your choice. Go for WES evaluation specifically for FSWP. I'm not sure WES basic is good enough for FSWP. Please make further enquiries here contactca@wes.org

I know a lot of people went via WES basic and had to pay extra to upgrade to WES evaluation specifically for FSWP. Please make enquiries directly from WES before you conclude on which one to go for.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:54pm On Nov 03, 2013
@valentino81

Please apply for WES evaluation for FSWP purpose via this link
www.wes.org/fswp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by valentino81(m): 10:06pm On Nov 03, 2013
solomonwis: @valentino81

Please apply for WES evaluation for FSWP purpose via this link
www.wes.org/fswp
thanks Boss grin
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by valentino81(m): 10:35pm On Nov 03, 2013
my people. I tried to pay for WES evaluation now with my gtbank master card, and the response in the card no is invalid. has anyone experience this, or is there any convinient method for the payment? thanks.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:52am On Nov 04, 2013
valentino81: my people. I tried to pay for WES evaluation now with my gtbank master card, and the response in the card no is invalid. has anyone experience this, or is there any convinient method for the payment? thanks.

Try using a zenith Bank Master Card.

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (322)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.