Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,144 members, 7,903,766 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 08:19 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (307649 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by n0mi89(m): 6:03pm On Aug 27, 2008
I am going to apply for UK student visa hopefully on 3rd sep,08. My course starts on 22nd september,2008. Am I too late or is it fine?

BHC pakistan website says they will take 15 to 20 days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 2:02pm On Aug 28, 2008
pls does anybody know the maximum hour you can earn a day working in london and how is there tax calculated for example somebody working 10 hours a day and collecting 20 pounds per hour how much is dat person take home after all deductions
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by J4real(m): 5:29pm On Aug 28, 2008
Nairlanders.

Good day my fellow compatriot. It’s a great pleasure to be in your midst.  A good friend of mine lead me to this site after trying to rub minds with him regarding  my intention to apply for a UK marriage visa, and he urge me to post here. That they are great brothers and sisters here with knowledgeable insight on apply for UK visa.

This is my story. I have been with my fiancé for 6yrs abroad but not in UK. She is a British citizen and we intend to come back home soon to spend a while with my family and at the same time process my UK marriage visa.

Please I need your candid advice on how to go about this. I will like to know the following info

What are the basic or full requirements needed in UK embassy for people in Naija?
Any web link I can browse to gather tangible and helpful information to guide me through?
I will like to lodge my application in Abuja. Is Abuja much better than Lagos? Or should I lodge my application in Lagos?

Please my people add any helpful info that will assist me.

Thanks for all.

Remain bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 6:55pm On Aug 28, 2008
J4real:

This is my story. I have been with my fiancé for 6yrs abroad but not in UK. She is a British citizen and we intend to come back home soon to spend a while with my family and at the same time process my UK marriage visa.

You did not state if
-you are legal or illegal where you are at the moment?
-If you or your partner is/are working
-If both of you are living together akin to husband/wife
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 7:10pm On Aug 28, 2008
To all that can advise

Kindly note that my student visa application which i submitted on the 26 june 2008 has not yet been ready.
This implies that it has taken up to precisely 2 months and 2 days.

I have sent an email to the concerned without any reply; i again sent a reminder (2dys later after the previous) so as to expedite action in my regard without any reply.

Is this normal or what can i do?.

I, as well visited the BDHC LAST week to express my concern but i could not even speak to any reasonable official because i could not gain access to the premises.

I also visited the the VAC VI today once again and the staffers were not yielding. If i wasn't man enough, they were just on the verge of mockery.

My people i am particularly thinking about all my originals which stands to be in their possession.
I don't know what to do. I have been left in the dark and i am totally in a fix.

Shalom as you respond.

This is a very critical case
tnx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by J4real(m): 2:30pm On Aug 29, 2008
@Brownbonno,
Thanks  for  your reply yeah we’ve been working here for several  years  and been living together for
over  5yrs now and akin to marry each other ,settle down  and start a family, But we want to do all that in UK not here in Asia because it’s not that suitable for us to settle down here in Asia and we both think that it will be better  to do that in the UK  to be near our families and home, About legal or not legal well I kind of started having a visa problem here after  the government  here started  restricting their  visa to us Nigerians here because of the non diplomatic ties btw our government and this government .they even changed their visa extension laws most especially to Nigerian guys here mostly because of the hatred they have on us and our government and that’s when most of us here started having  legal problems that’s one of the reason why am going back home to do it their  because of the visa issue So it’s quite impossible for me to do it here otherwise I would have love  to do it here and save myself from going  through the pain of  visiting UK  embassy back  home because their consulate here seems nicer. So any ideas or advice from you about what the UK embassy needed from me or how I can approach them back home will be really helpful and appreciated, So that I can get the documents ready first  before going to the embassy  thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 4:22pm On Aug 29, 2008
@J4real,

No offence about my questions,it only allow overview of your situation.Most essentially,the UK immigration rules will look the genuinety of the relationship,accommodation here in the UK and financial situation.
Firstly,documents relating to your cohabitation in your present location(utility bills,bank statements,photos etc) must be compiled in your presentation
Secondly,accommodation,you/your wife should make arrangement to your accommodation with documentary evidence.
Lastly,your financial status must be evident.
These are what is required of you to make your Spouse settlement visa application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by J4real(m): 6:52pm On Aug 29, 2008
@Brownbonno

Thanks alot for all the information,those are exactly what i am looking for.these are really going to help guide me through.
    I'm going to start working on them from now.I'm not offended about your questions earlier because i understand why you asked that's why
    I wrote it all down to you so that you can understand my situation.Her mom visited us here  twice and we showed her around  the country
     and took alot of pictures together with her,I think that's a good evident too.Just to make sure about this,when we get home we
     need  to do the court marriage first right?before going to the embassy.Thanks again and god bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 6:56pm On Aug 29, 2008
@J4real,

You will be fine if those three points are taking care of.
God bless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 7:00pm On Aug 29, 2008
oyewolejos:

please does anybody know the maximum hour you can earn a day working in london

undecided Err, the maximum hour you can get in a day is 24, shocked i think, grin e don tay wey I go school. cheesy

oyewolejos:

. . . and how is there tax calculated for example somebody working 10 hours a day and collecting 20 pounds per hour how much is that person take home after all deductions

INCOME TAX

10 hours a day @ £20 per hour is roughly £52,000 per annum assuming you don't work weekends.

Tax free allowance for the year 2008/2009 is £5435, so amount you pay tax on is:

£52,000 - £5435 = £46,565

first £36,000 is taxed @ 20% = £7,200

anything else is taxed at £10,565 @ 40% = £4,226

Total tax due = £11,426

Class 1 - NATIONAL INSURANCE CONTRIBUTION

Because you earn £1,000 per week,

First £770/week @ 11% = £84.70/week

Anything above £770/week @ 12% = £27.60/week

Total NIC due = £5839.60

So total tax payable on your £52,000 income = £17,265.60 only cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by J4real(m): 7:15pm On Aug 29, 2008
@Brownbonno

Thanks,Appreciated.You've been a big help.
I'll start working on them and put it all together.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 7:18pm On Aug 29, 2008
@londoncool akolowale,funkybabe

sorry to border you guys, i feel u mite be on leave in this thread, but i want you guys to feel the cry in my heart.
Is there anything you could suggest to me to do, can i call the embassy BDHC on phone.

No email response to me from them all these while.

my application has stayed for 2months and 3days and my course starts by 15th sept. My skul asked i shud enrol by 10th of sept.

Your response would be regarded as an extraordinary act of kindness.

Londoncool, please note that i sent an email to the address i found on your profile u could as well give me a response if you can.
i will ever remain grateful
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 1:25am On Aug 30, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 3:20am On Aug 30, 2008
LondonCool the chief tormentor (just kidding) of shawamma. Alas you've gotten back to shawamma, that was kinda nice of you. Take care
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by rachiwise(f): 8:30am On Aug 30, 2008
@ Londoncool

How r u?Where have u been?I for one,have really missed u presence on this section.

I was hoping to catch you online,it seems ppl have really been too busy these days.Many questions are been left untouched and i wasnt going to be happy not to get responses to my questions.

Pls i would like to know if fit is too late for my cousin to apply for his student visa.His sch resumes on the 22nd of Sep and he hopes to apply latest 8th of Sep.He was given a grace of two weeks for resumption after the actual date.He paid abt 70% of the sch fees & accommodation.I would like to his cahnces at the BHC.

Pls dont ask me why it took him time to apply,u wouldnt believe all the stress he want tru to get his funds.He tried everything o.He was actually basnking on the Bank PHB loan stuff but it got messed up.

He doesnt let us rest at home but he is a nice guy.Pls help him!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 1:12pm On Aug 30, 2008
@Londoncool,

thanks for the infos its greatly appreciated.

I pray that it will be released this week and with success.

I hope you don't mind me asking how long more it could take and the possible chance of been successful.

I mean if cases like this happens, can "a third party" (as you said) affect the current applicant visa success?

Thank you so much

@incaGold
one gbozaa! for you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by presjany(f): 2:32pm On Aug 30, 2008
@ Shawarma,

I understand how You feel. Its really a trial period 4 You. But I advice You to pray more than You worry. I even just got a refusal notice 4 my study visa application yesterday, despite the fact dat I paid 9k out of 12,500. Well they said I submitted some photocopies of my sponsor's docs in a society where forgery is endemic.
Am repackaging it again shaa, My belief is dat  Every good thing comes from God! Therefore the hearts of those ECOs and ECMs are in God's hands! Pray without ceasing if You know that your hands are clean! sad It is well bros! cheesy. Londoncool can only tell U the state of ur application, but cannot influence anything with respect to the status of ur application! These infos U strive to get will only increase ur worries! jUST praaaaaaaaaaay more! Dont underestimate the the power of an earnest prayer! cool cool Good luck dear!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 3:50pm On Aug 30, 2008
@presjay

@ Shawarma,

I understand how You feel. Its really a trial period 4 You. But I advice You to pray more than You worry. I even just got a refusal notice 4 my study visa application yesterday, despite the fact that I paid 9k out of 12,500. Well they said I submitted some photocopies of my sponsor's docs in a society where forgery is endemic.
Am repackaging it again shaa,  My belief is that  Every good thing comes from God! Therefore the hearts of those ECOs and ECMs are in God's hands! Pray without ceasing if You know that your hands are clean!  It is well bros! . Londoncool can only tell You the state of your application, but cannot influence anything with respect to the status of your application! These infos You strive to get will only increase your worries! jUST praaaaaaaaaaay more! Dont underestimate the the power of an earnest prayer!   Good luck dear!

Thanks for the encouragement.but it is quite a pity that despite the 9k of of 12,500 they didnt consider that.

i wonder which documents that were photocopied they complained about.Is it that photocopies shouldnt be used?Or should they be certified?

Anyways,thanks for the encouragement!And remember God's time is the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 4:39pm On Aug 30, 2008
@presjany

i know how it feels been refused what one need utmost, but what can you do if not to still persevere an trust in God. Just as you rightly told me.
Thanks though for the calming and encouraging words.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ty4real(m): 8:21pm On Aug 30, 2008
shawamma:

@londoncool akolowale,funkybabe

sorry to border you guys, i feel u mite be on leave in this thread, but i want you guys to feel the cry in my heart.
Is there anything you could suggest to me to do, can i call the embassy BDHC on phone.

No email response to me from them all these while.

my application has stayed for 2months and 3days and my course starts by 15th sept. My skul asked i should enrol by 10th of sept.

Your response would be regarded as an extraordinary act of kindness.

Londoncool, please note that i sent an email to the address i found on your profile u could as well give me a response if you can.
i will ever remain grateful

You dont even need to pray about it again,just begin to thank your God for your waiting is not in vain o jare!And congratulations on your successful visa application wink wink wink wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 8:37pm On Aug 30, 2008
@tyreal

u r right,that is the kind of spirit he needs! wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by n0mi89(m): 10:29pm On Aug 31, 2008
Hi friends, iam going to apply for uk student visa in a few days,and i need your advice.

my maternal uncle is sponsoring me, he has a savings account with 40,000 pounds in it.
I have his bank statement covering one year.amount in his account remained in the range of 30000 to 40000 pounds for most of the time,but on 2 occasions gradually decreased to 5000 pounds {rmained here for 3 to 4 days},, than again increased gradually to 40000 pounds.

In the visa form there is the following question question :

1:has your sponsor set aside specific money for your studies?

how should i answer this. ?

Expected cost for my one year course{including living expenses etc} is 10000 pounds,
after completion of this course, i will take another one year course with the same cost.

so what should the sponsor mention in the affidavit of support .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brasky: 4:47am On Sep 01, 2008
n0mi_89:

Hi friends, iam going to apply for uk student visa in a few days,and i need your advice.

my maternal uncle is sponsoring me, he has a savings account with 40,000 pounds in it.
I have his bank statement covering one year.amount in his account remained in the range of 30000 to 40000 pounds for most of the time,but on 2 occasions gradually decreased to 5000 pounds {rmained here for 3 to 4 days},, than again increased gradually to 40000 pounds.

In the visa form there is the following question question :

1:has your sponsor set aside specific money for your studies?

how should i answer this. ?

Expected cost for my one year course{including living expenses etc} is 10000 pounds,
after completion of this course, i will take another one year course with the same cost.

so what should the sponsor mention in the affidavit of support .

fisrt of all,with that account u should pay at least 50% of ur course fee if not all to show dat the funds are for your studies.Yes,he should v set aside specific money for ur studies.Under hw much,state d total of the expenses including d tuition fees for the 2yr courses.Dnt forget to provide reasonable evidence of source of income and documentary proof to show dat he is ur maternal uncle as u said(affidavit of support is not enough,if he is really ur maternal uncle he should be bearing ur mum's maiden name,so provide original of your mum's birth certificate and his birth certificate showing that the two has d same parents.But if he is nt ur uncle,email me on bill.chuks@yahoo.com,i will tell u wat to do.A friend of mine took care of dat n was granted student visa last week.Goodluck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brasky: 5:05am On Sep 01, 2008
Pls,my travel gurus,i need ur urgent advice,pls,my immediate younger bro wants to apply for his student visa this week,between my two elder brothers,i want to know who will make a better credible sponsor;
a,A Banker(bank officer)earning netpay-250k monthly,4.5m anually(netpay + upfront +public sharing)with 6yrs experience in the named bank.His personal current account balance is 5.4m with turnover of 39m in 6mnths.
b,An Enterpreneur,with a company's account( where he is the CEO and sole signatory to the account)of 12m and turnover of 62m in 6mnths.
Half tuition fee already paid,all other expenses including the balance of tuition fee remaining is 3.5m for the one year msc programme.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 9:19am On Sep 02, 2008
brasky:

Please,my travel gurus,i need your urgent advice,please,my immediate younger bro wants to apply for his student visa this week,between my two elder brothers,i want to know who will make a better credible sponsor;
a,A Banker(bank officer)earning netpay-250k monthly,4.5m anually(netpay + upfront +public sharing)with 6yrs experience in the named bank.His personal current account balance is 5.4m with turnover of 39m in 6mnths.
b,An Enterpreneur,with a company's account( where he is the CEO and sole signatory to the account)of 12m and turnover of 62m in 6mnths.
Half tuition fee already paid,all other expenses including the balance of tuition fee remaining is 3.5m for the one year msc programme.
   As if you don't know that any of them can make a good sponsor, or advantageously both of them together can make excelent sponsors
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Sammy79(m): 11:19am On Sep 02, 2008
Hi Londoncool, I will like to use this opportunity to appreciate your valued contribution on this forum. I've been a member for some time now

Please can you advise on what I need to do to get the BDHC speed up my application?. I appealed and the appeal was allowed since the 4th, July. I've pasted below the latest correspondence i recieved from them two weeks ago. I will apreciate your sugestions.

Thanks

19 August 2008
LAG/XXXXXX

Dear Sir

RE: Status of appeal

Thank you for notifying to us the outcome of your appeal. We have also received the determination from the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal. The determination will be passed to an Entry Clearance Manager and you will be contacted shortly.

We are currently addressing a large amount of determinations, therefore there may be a short delay.

Yours faithfully
MS
Correspondence Unit
Visa Section
British Deputy High Commission
Lagos / Nigeria
Help lines: +234 1 2625930 - 7
visa.lagos@fco.gov.uk
www.uknigeria.com/ www.ukvisas.gov.uk

Travelling to the UK? Do it the Premium way.
Are you a bonafide and well established traveller? Why not apply for a Premium Visa valid for 2 years? For more information contact your nearest Visa Application Centre, visit www.uknigeria.com, or contact our call centre on 33505 (Premium rates apply).

For details of how to apply for a visa and locations of the application centres visit www.ukvac-ng.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 02, 2008
hOW ABOUT IF THE ACCOUNT STATEMENT YOU ARE USING IS NOT UP TO 6 MONT (3 MONTS) AND THERE IS NO LETTER OF RECOMENDATION FROM THE BANK ATTACHED TO IT? WILL A STUDENT VISA BE GRANTED?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 3:17pm On Sep 02, 2008
kofsy:

hOW ABOUT IF THE ACCOUNT STATEMENT YOU ARE USING IS NOT UP TO 6 MONT (3 MONTS) AND THERE IS NO LETTER OF RECOMENDATION FROM THE BANK ATTACHED TO IT? WILL A STUDENT VISA BE GRANTED?
NO, in that case, the applicant has not fulfil the requirement
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Sammy79(m): 3:40pm On Sep 02, 2008
I will be grateful to have anybody's advice as well, to my post above,

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 3:41pm On Sep 04, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Sammy79(m): 8:29am On Sep 05, 2008
Londoncool;

Thanks so much for your welcome advise, I've got to wait then!

God Bless
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 12:45pm On Sep 05, 2008
hi nairalanders, i just recieved an email from the BDHC Lagos that a decision has been made on my application that i should come and collect it next week.i cant just wait till next week my heart is beating. pray for me o. the visa is working holiday maker.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.