Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,793 members, 7,938,371 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 01:26 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (308303 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mekaboy(m): 12:54pm On Sep 05, 2008
Hello people,

this is an interesting aspect of the forum and i must thank all the contributors here.

i want to narate my cousins story and get your suggestions and advice.

my cousin is a boy from a family of 5 (3girls and 2Boys) he is the last born , his 3 sisters all have good jobs, his immediate elder brother is doing his youthservice after 3 yrs delay when he finished from the university. he studied in ghana for 3yrs taking some proffessional courses in the IT field. his father is late and has some landed properties here and there. his mother is a retired civil servant and pensionier, she makes about 1.5mill naira(£4,500) year from rent, 30,000 naira monthly from pension, and about 300,000naira anualy from her late husbands share dividens, and she buys and sells landed properties and makes a minimum of 3mill naira profit on property sales each year, so she makes like £20,000 yearly, but due to the fact that she deals on property she invest most of the money on property and sustains on rent payed by tenants.

after his studies in ghana in 2006, he applied for to study in a college in uk for a 2yrs course, before his application his sponsor who is his mother made a sale of property a month before his application, and had the sum of 15mill naira(£60,000 ) in her personal bank statement, because she does not own a company of her own.

he presented only his mothers fat personal bank statement as his sponsor , he stated that his sponsor was a retired civil servant and also deals on property on his application form.

he was refused the visa and the reasons where.

1, a huge sum of money was recently paid into his sponsors account and there was not explanation where the money came from.

2, there is no clear evidence of his sponsors source of income

3, they are not sure if the funds belong to the sponsor because the account suddenly rose from about 200,000 to 14mill naira.

4, they are not sure if the money will be available to see him through his studies.

5, based on this they are not sure he is going to uk to study or if he is he will have to get access to public funds to complete his education.

he was given the right to appeal but he did not, he came back to nigeria and decided to be self employed and practice in his field.

after one year in nigeria he decides to apply for a 3 yrs degree course in a college in london and the fees is 3000pounds a year. he wants to apply for the january 2009 session.

the problem is, his sponsor just made another property sale and has about 9mill in her personal bank statement again. so he fears this might be an obstacle.

the question is, what documents does he have to present this time?

does he have to present the details of this transaction?

does he have to present the certificates of ownership of the other properties belonging to his sponsor.

does he have to get a letter from the sponsor even though she does not own a company ?

does he have to get letter from sponsors bank?

does he have to add tenancy agreements and details of previous transations done by his sponsor.

when will be the right time for him to apply for january session.?

please ur advice will be highly appreciated.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 3:20pm On Sep 05, 2008
@londoncool,

Brother thank you for your help all the while; i will remain ever grateful and loyal.

The concerned are still yet tidy up their investigations. I have done nothing to warrant this torture, but whatever the outcome is, i will accept in good fate. i am actually preparing to move on and forget about all the stuff as my course starts on the 15th and i am to enrol from 10th i.e wednesday next week.

The course leader of my proposed course is unwilling to accept late arrival, as a result, no extension is granted to me.
But no shaking, all is well though.

To all that is waiting for their applications, I WISH YOU GUYS ALL THE BEST AND SAFE JOURNEY AS YOU HIT THE HOME OF THE LORDS.

One luv.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by MaryAnne: 4:23pm On Sep 05, 2008
Shawamma dear, I know it is difficult believing me, but God never arrives late. If u look at the way he arrives, he comes in style at when u need him most. I get wat ur going tru, pls i appeal to u to hold on, be steadfast. Lately i have realized and made God my only hope and alternative. When u let him know that, he doesn't fail. It may be hard but i strongly advise that u give thanks, go on a Thanksgiving and praise spree, and see where it leads u. The Bible says when ur praises go up, his blessings come down. U r human, u panic, fret and all, But God has given other testimonies, he cant fail when it comes to u. I am waiting also, but trusting him for every thing. Be expectant, and try out this formula. He divided the Red sea, urs is a simple task. Pls hold on, and control complaining and nagging, that could also be a barrier. Be expectant .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 4:52pm On Sep 05, 2008
@maryAnne

copy that

thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by abaka: 6:53pm On Sep 07, 2008
I applied for a student visa and I was rejected a visa and was given a right of appeal.
The ECO decison was

1. the cost of your tuition and maintainance is to be borne by your brother inlawa, and u have submitted evidence of how ur studies in the UK will be financed including your sponsors company bank statement and letter from your sponsor offering financial assistance.However the documents largely stand in isolation as evidence of your sponsors financial circumstances and commitments. In the absence of any other evidence of your sponsors personal finances, income or origin of these funds i am not satisfied that these evidences presnted is true reflection of ur sponsors financial circumstances or that these funds would be available. Furthermore I note as evidence of the company income your sponsor has provided you with a copy of the company ITCC certificate however this is a photocopy. In a society where forgery is endemic photocopies of documents are of little practical value in reliably establishing the bona fides of an applicant or their sponsors circumstances either in Nigeria or the UK. Bearing in Mind that this document is a photocopy, it is not possible for us to ascertain their authenticity and canot be relied upon.Therefore on the balance of probablities i am not satisfied that you are able to meet the cost of your course and maintainance.

2.you stated that your brother inlaw will fund your proposed trip to the UK and have submitted a company bank statement as evidence of finance. You stated that your sponsor is a director of this company, however he is a different legal entity to the limited liability company. You have not produced satisfactory evidence to show that your sponsor has the authority to use these funds to pay for your visit to the uk which is expenditure outside the operational requirement of the business.You have not provided any of personal evidence for your sponsor in support of your application. I am not satisfied this represents a genuiene and meaningfull offer of sponsorship and that these company funds would be available to you

3. The cost of your tuition is to be borne by your sponsor. I note that u stated that ur brother inlaw is the chief executive of xxxxxxx is married with 4 children all of whom are of school age. I further note that u have not provided and evidence of your sponsors personal financial circumstance or evidence of his personal income. I am therefore not satisfied that your sponsors financial circumstance and as a result i am not satidfied on the balance of probabilities that such funds would be available.

the documents submitted relating to my sponsor since all the ECO fault are from these.The full tuition is 11250 and i made a total deposit of 4250pounds

sponsorship letter stating that he is the sole signatory to the company account(notorised by a lawyer)
cover letter from bank which also stated that he is the sole signatory to the company account
Photocopy of certificate of incorporation and tax clearance
6 months bank statement----balance of about 19 million with a 6 month turnover of about 400million
biometric page of sponsors passport.

I really dont know what to do right now. though my school would be resuming on the 22nd of Sept.

I need suggestions on what i could do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 6:14pm On Sep 08, 2008
Hi to all,

i have been very disturbing on this issue of student visa, i know. But i need to, considering the predicament i have found myself.

I have one last question to ask,

I wish to know if the BDHC can release an applicants documents (student visa) after the course has commenced or is there any case peculiar to that i.e where it has happened before?.

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 6:40pm On Sep 08, 2008
shawamma:

Hi to all,

i have been very disturbing on this issue of student visa, i know. But i need to, considering the predicament i have found myself.

I have one last question to ask,

I wish to know if the BDHC can release an applicants documents (student visa) after the course has commenced or is there any case peculiar to that i.e where it has happened before?.[/b]thanks

It is possible, [b]but
you need to request for a deferred entry from your university because:

1) the lapsed date on the course means you no longer satisfy the part of the entry requirement that states that "you need to have a valid letter of acceptance . . ."

You need to get your university to give you an admission valid for the next session asap because:

1) you might be asked to bring this along to the embassy before the visa can be issued.

2) you will be asked by the immigration officials at UK airport before you can enter the country.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 7:05pm On Sep 08, 2008
abaka:

1 . . . In the absence of any other evidence of your sponsors personal finances, income or origin of these funds . . .

2 . . .You have not provided any of personal evidence for your sponsor in support of your application . . .

3 . . .  I further note that u have not provided and evidence of your sponsors personal financial circumstance or evidence of his personal income . . . 

the documents submitted relating to my sponsor since all the ECO fault are from these.The full tuition is 11250 and i made a total deposit of 4250pounds

sponsorship letter stating that he is the sole signatory to the company account(notorised by a lawyer)
cover letter from bank which also stated that he is the sole signatory to the company account
Photocopy of certificate of incorporation and tax clearance
6 months bank statement----balance of about 19 million with a 6 month turnover of about 400million
biometric page of sponsors passport.

I really don't know what to do right now. though my school would be resuming on the 22nd of Sept.

I need suggestions on what i could do

See oyinbo posing with oyinbo language shocked, the three reasons he gave are the same for the love of God undecided

Firstly, appeal and reapply to kill two birds with one stone and more importantly because the right of a student to appeal is soon gonna disappear.

Secondly, next time you submit a copy of the ITCC certificate, make sure it is the original copy.

Finally, I honestly don't know what else you can do apart from re-submitting multiple copies of the company document your uncle gave you from the bank and the lawyer.

I would have thought that by now embassies in Nigeria should know that a company director with sole signatory to the company account can spend his money as he wishes and should not have to prove that he is a different legal entity from the company,after giving them correspondence from his bank and his solicitor. If they want to accuse one of fraud, they might as well come out with it angry Grrrrrrr sorry for the rant.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 5:13pm On Sep 09, 2008
@londoncool

Your immense help is appreciated particularly.

I am very grateful to you and to all who had me in mind, who have contributed by tendering their kind suggestions and prayers. The likes of kadman, incagold, maryanne, presjany, vjustice, yettidear, busybody and all.

I say thank you; You are really good fellas in all your favorable contributions, advises, calming and encouraging words.

Yes, finally, before i conclude, with songs of praise i proceeded to the VAC VI today and lo and behold the Entry clearance was granted after the long wait.

HIS NAME IS WORTHY TO BE PRAISED
. Someone please shout alleluya!

Maryanne says God never arrive late;HE arrives in style when HE is needed most and i copied that and it really calmed me down. God will surely grant yours.

N.B. For all applicants and intending applicants this is yet a new story and information that some applications can take this long.
Mine stayed 2months and 14days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 5:52pm On Sep 09, 2008
@shawamma,
Best wishes bruv! It is well with you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ty4real(m): 8:57pm On Sep 09, 2008
shawamma:

@londoncool

I am very grateful to you and to all who had me in mind, who have contributed by tendering their kind suggestions and prayers. The likes of kadman, incagold, maryanne, presjany, vjustice, yettidear, busybody and all.

I say thank you; You are really good fellas in all your favorable contributions, advises, calming and encouraging words.

Yes, finally, before i conclude, with songs of praise i proceeded to the VAC VI today and lo and behold the Entry clearance was granted after the long wait.

Maryanne says God never arrive late;HE arrives in style when HE is needed most and i copied that and it really calmed me down. God will surely grant yours.

N.B. For all applicants and intending applicants this is yet a new story and information that some applications can take this long.

Why didnt you mention ty4real!shey I kno encourage you? angry angry angry angry!Just kidding anyway!Congratulations and welcome to iya Charlys domain! grin grin grin!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by presjany(f): 8:58pm On Sep 09, 2008
SHARWARMA! CONGRATSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs! This is one of the best news of the yr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U see wat God can do? He has already destined that U'll be there dis yr!! aBEG HOW WE GO WASH AM B4 u TRAVEL! cos Once don waka, U go become VIP,,, Congrats dear!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 9:09pm On Sep 09, 2008
@ Shawamma

As i read your post i had tears in my eyes,tears of Joy.

YOU MADE IT AT LAST!!!

It is the best news i have ever had on Nairaland.You believe me or not.I believe God did it at His own time so u will know Him to be God.Not with all the stress and headache u want tru.

I am really really glad u got what you wanted because if not you who else deserves this great COMPENSATION from God?

Please pray for me too.I want a great sucess story too.

All the best over there & keep in touch.

Cheers! cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by presjany(f): 9:19pm On Sep 09, 2008
Yesssssssssssssssssssssss oooooooooooooooooooooooh! Shawarma I'm so so so so so happy 4 this milestone achievement! It is GOD and ONLY GOD!

Yettydear, we re tapping the annointing together ooooooh!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 10:44pm On Sep 09, 2008
@presjany

Yes o!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ty4real(m): 10:58pm On Sep 09, 2008
presjany:

Yesssssssssssssssssssssss oooooooooooooooooooooooh! Shawarma I'm so so so so so happy 4 this milestone achievement! It is GOD and ONLY GOD!

Yettydear, we re tapping the annointing together ooooooh!

yettidear:

@presjany

Yes o!!!

No free tapping here ohhh,you have to sow into it quickly before he boards the plane grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 11:45pm On Sep 09, 2008
shawamma:

@londoncool

Welcome to the UK, Mr. shawamma. NowTake a dose of my usual advice:
Now that your desires have been met, my advice is that you prepare yourself and your mind for some challenges especially as a new student. Remember, things are easier when done orderly. There are many people who achieved their aims as they got into schools abroad, but yet, they never achieved the objective of finishing their studies or obtaining their degrees. Sometimes, it's not their faults as they couldn't make ends meet, but most often, some people make the mistake of being carried away by the system as they prefere instant enjoyments at the risks of their future careers.
It's expected that you'd get into many challenging and demanding situations, yet, in all these, aim at your objective with this motto written in your heart: "WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH, THE TOUGH GETS GOING". If you observed and apply all these combined with your instinctive wisdom, trust me, you'll triumph proudly at last.
Congratulations, at last, there's a positive releaf but man, you wahala everybody, no be small grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 4:00pm On Sep 10, 2008
@ Shawamma

I knew it ! I knew it ! I knew it ! Congrats man,I'm so happy for you Bro. To be honest i was really worried even when i was encouraging you. This is the best thing i ever read on nairaland. Once again congrats !
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by walexy(m): 8:58pm On Sep 10, 2008
My cousin was refused a UK tourist visa on Monday. The reason for refusal goes thus;

You intend to fund this visit yourself and you state that it will cost you £1850 ( approximately N462,500 if £1=N250), which excludesyour airfare. This is equal to twice your stated monthly income of salary of N230,000. [b]You have submitted no satisfactory evidence of such an income.[/b]I note you are married and support a young child. I recognise that the UK is a popular tourist destination but i am not satisfied that your decision to visit now at such expense is credible or commensurate with your circumstance. This suggest that you intend to visit for reasons other than a holiday and i am consequently not satisfied that you are a genuine visitor for the period or purpose stated by you or that you will be adequately maintained and accomodated for the duration of your stay.

He works with an oil company and earns approximately N230,000 a month
His intention was to go and relax and make some shopping while in London
His six months payslip was included in the application
His salary account having about N3,200,000 credit balance was also included to support his application
He added all the necessaries, i.e employment letter, leave letter, share certs,vehicle papers, C of O, to mention a few

He was really not happy with the decision of the ECO and knows quite alright that he can't appeal,

What can he do please? Your advise and contribution will be highly appreciated,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by depapa06(m): 11:43pm On Sep 10, 2008
Hi,

I was in the UK sometimes last year with a 6 months multiple entry biz visa.I could not travelled with it again(having gone on annual leave for the year )before its expired.

I intend to travel sometimes next year.What do I need to do?Renewal or apply for another visa?What duration is most desirable?6months,1 or 2 years?What type of visa is most suitable?I intend to make it self sponsor,stay in hotel,with and or without invitation.
My passport is still very much valid and my employer is willing to give confirmation letter.

With the nature of my job,I can only travel or have the chance once in a year while on annual leave.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 10:25am On Sep 11, 2008
My people thank you o.

Ty4real, u be my OGA i no forget you at all, i was just excited and i just remembered few names.

Kadman, I appreciate you wonderfully.

Ehe! Presjany n Yettiluv  as you are reading my post open your mouth wide and "breath-in"  Then the blessing will come to you. LOL

You guys can tell how happy i am.

I could not reply yesterday because i have to go and check for flight but every where was really tight though i got finally.

Presjany n yettiluv u can book for flight upfront because it doesn't take anything to do that. Its just to reserve a space because the rush is quite much.

Cheers!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by MaryAnne: 10:54am On Sep 11, 2008
Shawammmah, u r a blessed Child. I am really happy for u. It just goes to confirm Gods promises for his children. I cant wait to say mine by tomoro by his grace. I alrady have a song in my heart. And will surely testify here by tomoro. We thank God on ur behalf. He has proved himself again. What manner of man is Jesus?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by MaryAnne: 10:58am On Sep 11, 2008
Shawarmmmma, pls how much did u get ur ticket for and what airline?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 1:50pm On Sep 11, 2008
@Dapapo
Your case is a renewal one.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 2:00pm On Sep 11, 2008
@ Walexy

The documents he applied with are enough to secure a visa.
But as we all know they are inconsistent in there judgments.
I think he can re-apply , but he should show a pre-paid hotel booking.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by presjany(f): 4:57pm On Sep 11, 2008
My guys how Una dey cheesy

I was meant to reapply for my student visa today after I was refused last 2 wks based on submitting photocopies of my sponsor's documents, but the same sponsor gave me the shock of my life 2day by giving me his statement of account with a closing balance of 167k. angry sad sad Anyway, its part of life, full of instabilities.\

Now the way forward: I have decided to still proceed with my application tomorrow. I have paid all my fees(12,500). and I have the sum of N1.6m in my account - proceeds from stock (all supporting documents attached). N1.6m is approx 6,500 pounds. and I still have shares worth N1 million(evidence shown).
(ALL THESE SUPPORTING DOCS WERE ALSO ATTACHED IN MY PREVIOUS APPLICATION)

My school estimated that I need 7,500 pounds for living expenses.

Pls ooooooooooh, can I sponsor myself??

If yes, how do I explain the sudden shift to self-sponsorship??

Urgent contribution needed. Thanx my guys ooooh!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 5:12pm On Sep 11, 2008
If you sponsors account has been well run this year. And I mean well ran with millions gone through this year. The closing balance does not matter especially as you have paid your school fees. I think you should still use your sponsor's account,with sponsors letter explaining that he has paid your school fees,and his account is well ran. Add documents from his place of work / company showing what he earns. Also add original supporting documents that they requested,explain in a letter that their REASON for refusing you were these documents,and you have added their original,you can also added all your own account & shares as SUPPORTING documents.
You stand a good chance because -

1. You got the documents they initially refused you for
2. You have paid your fees.

This is September,I hope your school hasn't resumed already,if they have you should get a letter from their that says something like "it's okay for you to resume a few weeks late".

This is what I think sha. Also wait from advice from gurus like viviko & vvvjustice, they should know better.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by carvone: 6:34pm On Sep 11, 2008
Hi Siena

Does my visa renewal require an invitation frm my host?
Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by walexy(m): 8:22pm On Sep 11, 2008
vikiviko:

@ Walexy

The documents he applied with are enough to secure a visa.
But as we all know they are inconsistent in there judgments.
I think he can re-apply , but he should show a pre-paid hotel booking.

Thanks for your unflinching support
He used a pre-paid hotel booking in support of his first application, so he should still do the same.
Can he do that immediately or just wait a little while?
Is he to include another leave letter and letter of introduction from his company in support of another application?
Expecting your reply soonest.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by depapa06(m): 1:12am On Sep 12, 2008
@ vikiviko

Please could you give details of how to go about it.I could not get any info on web.Is it the same as applying for visa afresh or what?

Nairalanders,give details.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries
« #1082 on: September 10, 2008, 11:43 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,

I was in the UK sometimes last year with a 6 months multiple entry biz visa.I could not travelled with it again(having gone on annual leave for the year )before its expired.

I intend to travel sometimes next year.What do I need to do?Renewal or apply for another visa?What duration is most desirable?6months,1 or 2 years?What type of visa is most suitable?I intend to make it self sponsor,stay in hotel,with and or without invitation.
My passport is still very much valid and my employer is willing to give confirmation letter.

With the nature of my job,I can only travel or have the chance once in a year while on annual leave.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 3:51pm On Sep 12, 2008
MaryAnne:

Shawammmah, you're a blessed Child. I am really happy for u. It just goes to confirm Gods promises for his children. I can't wait to say mine by tomoro by his grace. I alrady have a song in my heart. And will surely testify here by tomoro. We thank God on your behalf. He has proved himself again. What manner of man is Jesus?

@maryanne,

I went to ikoyi British airways at waterfront i got for students fare at 143k approx; Then again its far more cheaper at ikeja student travel center @ no 54 opebi road by salvation bustop. They have B/A and virgin Atlantic at 95k n 90 respectively.
U can call them to make a reservation. Tel: 018150036.

They will also issue a student international identity card.

All the Best Gal,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 4:26pm On Sep 12, 2008
@presjany

Girlie i wish and pray for all the best for you but you have to seriously write to your school for an extension. Its very paramount. Pray persistently. If the world rejects you and God has not; then "CARRY GO"  because nothing mega.
Be optimistic and believe in your dreams, it shall come to pass.

I couldn't agree more with what Kadman said. Since they rejected you based on photocopied dox, i feel there is no need changing sponsorship but you could add more personal docs at least to augment to what your sponsor have.

presjany:

I have the sum of N1.6m in my account - proceeds from stock (all supporting documents attached). N1.6m is approx 6,500 pounds. and I still have shares worth N1 million(evidence shown).
(ALL THESE SUPPORTING DOCS WERE ALSO ATTACHED IN MY PREVIOUS APPLICATION)
You get money o no be small

Best of luck

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.