Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,144 members, 7,903,770 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 08:22 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (307650 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by safoly(m): 4:54pm On Sep 12, 2008
hello nairalanders, a friend of mine who is a citizen is inviting me to the u.k for about 2weeks visit. so what papers or documents can he send to me.He says he cant send his bank statement. i think he's scared. Apart from bank statement, what are the doucuments that should be sent by him. i'm confused.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Rhemagirl(f): 8:10pm On Sep 12, 2008
Please does anybody know if the dependants of an applicant who left for the UK last year on HSMP can use the HSMP Dependant form now since HSMP has been scrapped.The Dependants are still in Niger
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by presjany(f): 10:00pm On Sep 12, 2008
@ Kadman and Shawarma,

Immense thanks! Am very grateful!

@ Shawarma, U neva commot? Wetin U still dey do 4 naija? Abi U still wan chop our food finish? lolol. Now wey dem don give U the kpali, U no wan go again abeg quick dey go, make the representatives of our family members dey increase. lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by MaryAnne: 3:05pm On Sep 13, 2008
My darlings, i got my students VISA Yesterday. Come and Join me sing Halleluya, Jehovah God has Done me well. Shawammah dear, what school are u going to?. Funky Sisi, how are u . I am so Happy. God is so real. He has not failed me. I could barely sleep last night. It was just so easy for him. Thank you all my dear's on Nairaland, i will be grateful to u for ur contributions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by presjany(f): 6:49pm On Sep 13, 2008
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooooo!

Dis is a luvly news! Mary Anne Congratzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I can immagine y the sleep disappeared!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats dear! Its the Lord's doing! I m very happy 4 U. Pls go 4 ur flight plan fast, cos I understand its a bit tough now!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by angel01: 4:47pm On Sep 14, 2008
I got my student visa on friday. I didnt pay part of my fees neither did i pay for accommodation. GOD IS FAITHFUL OHHHHHHH.

The BA student air ticket that is 90k, is it a return ticket?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by presjany(f): 7:33pm On Sep 14, 2008
Angel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! U re really one oh!!!!! Congrats dear! I can immagine how happy U re! Congrats dear!

As regards the air ticket, I will advice U get more credible info 4rm the source dat gave U dat price, better still, log on to british airways website, or contact a travel agent. Congratssssssssss once again!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 9:05pm On Sep 14, 2008
MaryAnne:

My darlings, i got my students VISA Yesterday. Come and Join me sing Halleluya, Jehovah God has Done me well. Shawammah dear, what school are u going to?. Funky Sisi, how are u . I am so Happy. God is so real. He has not failed me. I could barely sleep last night. It was just so easy for him. Thank you all my dear's on Nairaland, i will be grateful to u for your contributions.

Mary Anne,
Congratulations! smiley
I am really happy for you. cheesy
Yes, God is good.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yomex4ever: 1:50pm On Sep 15, 2008
does the uk visa tracking application work? those that have collected their packages should respond.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 3:44pm On Sep 15, 2008
yomex4ever:

does the uk visa tracking application work? those that have collected their packages should respond.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not.
VFS's phone number. . . . sometimes you can get through, other times you cant
VFS's email address. . . of recent, mails sent to their email address bounce back as undelivered
Smartest thing to do . . . go down to their office to inquire about the status of your application (say about 2 weeks after your date of submission)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by presjany(f): 9:20pm On Sep 15, 2008
@ Yommex

At Which VFS office did U submit? I advise U go there after 10 working days. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by presjany(f): 5:00am On Sep 16, 2008
@ Yettidear

How far my dear? Any update? It is well ooooooooh!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by angel01: 7:24pm On Sep 16, 2008
yomex4ever,

I tracked mine online on thurs night and it wasnt ready. I collected it the following day, friday afternoon. I inquired at the visa office but was told that mine arrived at 10am that friday.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 9:45am On Sep 17, 2008
MaryAnne:

My darlings, i got my students VISA Yesterday. Come and Join me sing Halleluya, Jehovah God has Done me well. Shawammah dear, what school are u going to?. Funky Sisi, how are u . I am so Happy. God is so real. He has not failed me. I could barely sleep last night. It was just so easy for him. Thank you all my dear's on Nairaland, i will be grateful to u for your contributions.

Maryanne you once told me that "God arrives in style that HE can never be belated" i thought it was an ordinary maxim but  He has done it for you, me and angel01; what a marvelous GOD. I  believe Presjany and yetti n a host of many will as well have good news.

My dear am so happy for you maybe we will meet at the home of the lords-charly's domain.
All the best.

@yettidear,
Gal whats up with you now i have been looking for your posts. Hope all is well
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yvy1(f): 9:53am On Sep 17, 2008
Pls Can anyone help?

What should someone who is applying for a visa as first timer do?

He applied in 1999 as a minor and was refused on the basis that he lied about his school staus.
However, he can't find the passport he used then and the refusal note he used then as such has no record of that event.
When filling the visa form, should he say he has never been refused visa before? because he says he doesn't even have a copy of his old passport and so cannot remember the passport number nor does he have the refusal note .
Also, what visa should he apply for. He wants to go to the UK with a friend and stay in that friend's cousin's house. Should he apply for a family visit? Who would write the invitation letter? How would he show relationship?

Pls I'm looking forward to your informed advices. Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yomex4ever: 2:39pm On Sep 17, 2008
I just got my student visa. All my sponsors docs were photocopies except the bank statements.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 3:37pm On Sep 17, 2008
My darlings, i got my students VISA Yesterday. Come and Join me sing Halleluya, Jehovah God has Done me well. Shawammah dear, what school are u going to?. Funky Sisi, how are u . I am so Happy. God is so real. He has not failed me. I could barely sleep last night. It was just so easy for him. Thank you all my dear's on Nairaland, i will be grateful to u for your contributions

@ MaryAnne,

With the encouragement and Prayers u have been giving us on this thread, i don't expect less from you.You deserve it dear.Thank God !!!
(Put me too in Prayers)

@ Yettidear

How far my dear? Any update? It is well ooooooooh!

@Presjany

All the best with your application ooGod is really in Control in this thread and i am happy to associate with it.

Keep me in Prayer too.I am on the waiting list oo.

@yettidear,
Gal whats up with you now i have been looking for your posts. Hope all is well

@ Sawamma
Dear Thank You for the concern o,it shows that you r a cool guy and deserved what God did for u.But what r u still doin g in Naija?if na me ehn, any ways,i am on the awiting list oo shocked.Please remember me in prayers.

My School gave me extension till 6th of Oct.I hope to have my Pali before then,if not, life continues.

As for my absence i have been pretty busy and my internet connection was down.

@yomex4ever

i 'm really glad for you ooo.Just go and make sure u make Naija Pround,Go Shine in Uk!!!

Thanks y'all.I will keep you posted!!!(Good or Bad)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 4:36pm On Sep 17, 2008
@yettiluv,

it is well believe me. Remember what Maryanne told me about the way God arrive ehe!!, so do copy that ok.
We are human and we are abound to behave that way but i don't think anything is worth dying for finally.
You sound so demoralized and downcast but God is your only alternative you can always turn to him. HE never fails, HE has a list of your cries, He says He will fight against whoever that fights you. So just believe and persevere in prayers. It shall come.
Implore of londoncool to assist you infact i duff for that guy. He is so nice and helpful.

All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by presjany(f): 8:25pm On Sep 17, 2008
@ Yetti luv

My dear, all is well. I pray 4 both of us every morning! Dont worry, we're going to laugh soonest! Abeg which sch re U going to? My school also gave me till 6th Oct. U sure say no be de same school? Mine is Lancaster Univ.

@ Shawarmma

Thanks so much 4 the prayers! Thanks soo soo much! When re U going? Pls do not 4get us ooh! cry cry

@ all our travellers,

the battle is not over ooh! This is the time to praaaaaaaaaaaaaay more! Pray for God's protection as U embark on this journey, that God's protection and guidance will never depart U as U enter the UK.
Safe Journey to U all! smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 8:42pm On Sep 17, 2008
@ Shawamma

Thanks for the words of encouragement.Yes MaryAnne said all that for you and she was right.I key in to God's annointing for favour & success.

Safe Trip!

@ Presjany

U truly are a darling.Thanks for your great words.I pray we both wouldnt be dissapointed in Jesus' name.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by chygo4u(m): 10:23pm On Sep 17, 2008
yomex4ever:

I just got my student visa. All my sponsors docs were photocopies except the bank statements.
@ yomex4ever
congrats i enjoyed ur testimony. pls did u pay 4 ur sch fees and accommodation? And was it after 10 working days that u went to pick ur visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by pharuk: 3:49pm On Sep 18, 2008
hello everyone, pls i have an urgent question!!!
i submitted my application at the abuja VFS on the 2nd of sept, and they said i shld come back on the 24th, i submitted paying only 1000 pounds as requested from the skl and they sent me papers for visa, the problem is that my school just sent me my receipt of full payment i.e 10300 GBP and gave me a letter of extension till the 6th of october 2008 because the school has started already, so is there any way i could add these 2 document since the verdict of the visa is not out maybe by email or something? how do i each them coz the number is always busy!!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 4:02pm On Sep 18, 2008
pharuk:

hello everyone, please i have an urgent question!!!
i submitted my application at the abuja VFS on the 2nd of sept, and they said i shld come back on the 24th, i submitted paying only 1000 pounds as requested from the skl and they sent me papers for visa, the problem is that my school just sent me my receipt of full payment i.e 10300 GBP and gave me a letter of extension till the 6th of october 2008 because the school has started already, so is there any way i could add these 2 document since the verdict of the visa is not out maybe by email or something? how do i each them because the number is always busy!!!!

Hmmm. Its already 16 working days after you submitted. There's a high possibility that your package is already back from the embassy and now with VFS.

Anyway, you can still do this. . . Scan the receipt and send it ASAP as an email attachment to BHC's email address. Make sure you state your full names, date of birth, VFS reference number and also explain clearly the contents of the scanned receipt. . . your full tuition fees paid for _____ school. . . .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by pharuk: 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2008
pls wats the email addy?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by seether: 7:42pm On Sep 18, 2008
hi guys i recently applied for a full time course at a recoginised uk university and was enied entry clearance based on the following,

i have carefully considered you application on the basis of your
passport, application form and the documents you have provided.i am not
satisfied on the balance of probabilities, that you meet the
requirements of paragraph 57 of the immigration Rules.

.the british council estimates that it costs in the region of 800
pounds per month to live as a student in the south east and london
area. they also estimte that it costs 600 pounds per month to live as a
student outside of this region. your living costs will therefore be in
the region of 21,600 pounds for three years. your college acceptance
letter shows your tuition fees at 8,750 per yaer. i calculate therefore
that you will require in the region of 47,850 for three years to cover
the cost of your tuition fees, accomodation and living expences. you
have said that your older sister in botswana will fund the cost of your
studies.
as evidence of her finanacial circumstances you have provided her
personal and business bank statements showing total funds of BWP 65726
= 5058 pounds. it should be noted that her personal account has an
overdraft of BWP 96,380= 7413 as at july 7 2008. given the above, i am
not satisfied that you are able to meet the costs of your course and
accomodation and the maintenance of yourself without taking employment
or engaging in business or having recourse to public funds as required
by paragraph 57(vi) and (vii) of HC395.
whilst i am aware that students are allowed to work, such work should
not be a neccessity in order for you to support yourself during the
course of your study. funding should be in place without the need for
you to work. i am not satisfied that you have shown such funding is or
will be available to you. therefore i consider that you intend to
engage in bussiness or take employment, except part-time or vacation
work undertaken with the consent of the secretary of state, as such i
consider you intend to work more hours than allowed, and that you will
have insufficent time laeft during the week to also attend full time
course of study. therefore i am not satisfied you are able to, or
intend to follow a course of study in the uk as required by paragraph
57 (ii) (vi) of Hc395.
i note that your application coincides with the most severe economic
collapse in zimmbabwes moderen history. income and savings are being
devalued at an alarming rate with hyperinflation at 100,000% and
unemployment at 82%. given the above coupled with your local personal
and economic circumstances as known to me and how you will ulitmatly
make use of these studies and any qualification you might gain does
not satisfiey me, on a balance of probabilities, that you intend to
follow your proposed course as required by paragraph 57 (vi) of HC395
i am satisfied that you meet all other requirements of paragraph 57 0f
Hc 395.

you are entitled to appeal against this decision under section 82(1) of
the nationality, immigration and asylum act 2002. if you wish to appeal
you should complete Appeal Form AIT-2.

please also note that i have both parents residing in the united kingdom with permits and earn a combined salary of over 29 000 pounds a year.

i was working here full time and decided to further my education. i am 25 years old,

please help!!! i am reapplying so would like to know what to put
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Rhemagirl(f): 8:36pm On Sep 18, 2008
[color=#990000]Please does anybody know if the dependants of an applicant who left for the UK last year June on HSMP can use the HSMP Dependant form now since HSMP has been scrapped.The Dependants are still in Niger or if they have to fill the employment form.Please i will be glad if somebody that knows the answer can advise as i posted it some days ago
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yomex4ever: 9:39pm On Sep 18, 2008
chygo4u:

@ yomex4ever
congrats i enjoyed your testimony. please did u pay 4 your sch fees and accommodation? And was it after 10 working days that u went to pick your visa?

i just paid less than half of my school fees. i didn't pay for accomodation but i had proof that i had a place to stay. i got it in 9 working days but my docs were sent to vfs on the 12th working day.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 3:28pm On Sep 19, 2008
i have arrived. I am in charly's domain

all the best presjany and yettidear
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by MaryAnne: 6:20pm On Sep 19, 2008
Shawammmmmmmmmmmaaaaaah
I will be with u on wed by Gods Grace
How was ur trip?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 8:43pm On Sep 19, 2008
shawamma:

i have arrived. I am in charly's domain

all the best presjany and yettidear

Whao!! Thank God for Journey mercies Shawamma.How was the trip?Thanks for your great wishes for Presjany and i.I wish you the very best over there.And remember to be good and SHINE MAN!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 8:46pm On Sep 19, 2008
Please can someone tell me how long it took for the ECO guys to contact their sponsors, because my sponsors have not been contacted and i am getting a bit worried. cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by presjany(f): 9:12pm On Sep 20, 2008
@ Shawaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrma

Abeg am happy 4 You jare!!!!!!!!! Howz GORDON bROWN! congratsssssssssss dear!

@ Yettydear

Dont worry. the delay is for good! They may not contact your sponsor, they most probably will not
So my dear, worry less! The battle is for God! Thus before they harm us, they must have destroyed GOd! wink cheesy

Congrats in advance!!!!!!!!!! Sept 22nd to 27th is our week!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.