Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,144 members, 7,903,763 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 08:13 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (307647 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 10:56pm On Sep 20, 2008
presjany:

@ Shawaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrma

Abeg am happy 4 You jare!!!!!!!!! Howz GORDON bROWN! congratsssssssssss dear!

@ Yettydear

Dont worry. the delay is for good! They may not contact your sponsor, they most probably will not
So my dear, worry less! The battle is for God! Thus before they harm us, they must have destroyed GOd! wink cheesy

Congrats in advance!!!!!!!!!! Sept 22nd to 27th is our week!!!!!!!

Baby girl,Thanks alot for the encouragement.I pray that we will definately have great news this coiming week.

I know God has not forgotten us,He did it for Shawamma, MaryAnne,yomex4eva, etcHe will definately give us great stories to tell too.

Congrats too!!!!It is done already and nothing can change that, not even our doubts and fears!!!

Cheers girl!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by MaryAnne: 3:38pm On Sep 21, 2008
My sponsor was not called, and i believed that was a good sign, they only called when they need to make some clarifications. How are u shawamma?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by femigirl(f): 11:01pm On Sep 22, 2008
What documents do I need to enter the United Kingdom as a visitor?
Visitors
This page explains what documents you should have when coming to the United Kingdom as a visitor.

They are:

a letter from your employer granting leave of absence from your job for a specified period. The letter should also say how long you have been employed by that employer, in what job(s) and should indicate when you are expected back at work;
if you are self-employed, evidence of your business activities and financial standing;
evidence of any property you own in your home country;
if you are a student, a letter from your school or college stating which course you are on, its start and finish dates and the dates of the holiday period during which you intend to visit the United Kingdom;
it will also help if you can show that you have family or social ties and responsibilities to return to;
evidence of any firm travel plans you have made;
bank statements going back over a period of several months; and
evidence of savings available to you.

HOW DO YOU WOULD YOU SHOW THIS IF YOUR NOT MARRIED:it will also help if you can show that you have family or social ties and responsibilities to return to ANY IDEAS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 10:20am On Sep 23, 2008
grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by MaryAnne: 10:32am On Sep 23, 2008
London Cool, hello, r u Efik?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 10:51am On Sep 23, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sweetestT: 11:09am On Sep 23, 2008
@ all
i have an issue here and i need your advice and contributions,
in November 2007,a friend used me, he said he wanted to help me apply for Uk visitors visa and i agreed
cos it didnt cost me anythn besides i was a novice and i didnt know anythn bout visas.
and dat was how my ordeal began, he went the wrong way
he told me to apply as married dat i wld appear to have family ties so i got a passport in another name and
he arranged a marriage certificate,he also arranged payslips and a bank statement so i applied
and ofcourse i was denied cuz of fake bank statement,word processor payslip and no tax clearance.
so i was given an appeal, i didnt bother to appeal cuz i thot it was baseless.
and now dis is my Original status, im a final year student in a university in 9ja,im in my 1st semester now
and i want to go to UK,but people around me r discouragn me in so many ways
some say i shld apply as a student and some say i shld apply for visitors,
and thats where i want u all to come in shld i wait till im tru wit schl to apply or do i stand a chance for a visiting visa?
and i want to come clean now how do i do dat?, how do i explain dat all my info they have wit them are not real?or do i just
defend d former refusal?wat can i really do to salvage my situation without gettn anoda refusal?

N:B
pls give your opinions and not insult or post stuffs dat wont help.thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 11:47am On Sep 23, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by pharuk: 11:50am On Sep 23, 2008
got my visa on the 19th, thanks to every one on my way to the U.K tomorow.
gonna post my particulars as requested by racheal in a new thread
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sweetestT: 12:14pm On Sep 23, 2008
@ londoncool
thank u for yr response
he is not my boyfriend,he was just a friend
i fingerprinted,and it was in november 2007
i was gonna be responsible and i got a letter of invitation from my supposed cousin in UK
and i used my real date of birth and i applied as a married woman using my husbands name
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by femigirl(f): 12:33pm On Sep 23, 2008
London cool, what about me can i have an answer pretty please on this question

What documents do I need to enter the United Kingdom as a visitor?
Visitors

This page explains what documents you should have when coming to the United Kingdom as a visitor.

They are:

a letter from your employer granting leave of absence from your job for a specified period. The letter should also say how long you have been employed by that employer, in what job(s) and should indicate when you are expected back at work;
if you are self-employed, evidence of your business activities and financial standing;
evidence of any property you own in your home country;
if you are a student, a letter from your school or college stating which course you are on, its start and finish dates and the dates of the holiday period during which you intend to visit the United Kingdom;
it will also help if you can show that you have family or social ties and responsibilities to return to;
evidence of any firm travel plans you have made;
bank statements going back over a period of several months; and
evidence of savings available to you.

HOW DO YOU YOU SHOW THIS IF YOUR NOT MARRIED:it will also help if you can show that you have family or social ties and responsibilities to return to ANY IDEAS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yvy1(f): 12:49pm On Sep 23, 2008
@ LondonCool, VicJustice Funkybaby &all other Visa experts in the house

Please what is your take on my earlier post:

What should someone who is applying for a visa as first timer do?

He applied in 1999 as a minor and was refused on the basis that he lied about his school staus.
However, he can't find the passport he used then and the refusal note he used then as such has no record of that event.
When filling the visa form, should he say he has never been refused visa before? because he says he doesn't even have a copy of his old passport and so cannot remember the passport number nor does he have the refusal note .
Also, what visa should he apply for. He wants to go to the UK with a friend and stay in that friend's cousin's house. Should he apply for a family visit? Who would write the invitation letter? How would he show relationship?

Please I'm looking forward to your informed advices. Thanks.

and on this?: Does having unsed visas i.e 3 months Schengen from Germany (2004) and 1 month SA 2007 affect getting a tourist visa now?

@Shawarmmah, Maryanne and all new akowes in the house: Congratulations and Goodluck in your studies.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yvy1(f): 1:13pm On Sep 23, 2008
How many days does it take to process a tourist visa now? assuming one applies this friady 27/09 and taking into consideration next week's public holidays.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 2:02pm On Sep 23, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 2:10pm On Sep 23, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by suprted(m): 2:13pm On Sep 23, 2008
this thread is such a good resource but scary in parts especially when you hear of all the things that they can get you on.  (It won't be my portion in Jesus' name).

I applied on the 10th of September for a student visa (supposed to start on the 22nd well induction week anyway).  Nothing has changed on the website tracker beyond your app was fwded to the BHC on sep 10, and I've been calling for almost a week now- but I keep being told its not ready. Is there someone I can talk to?  The lady gave me a number but no one seems to pick up, she gave me another one today so I'll try that first thing tmr.  

My mum is suggesting I go to the VAC. would that help?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 2:29pm On Sep 23, 2008
shocked
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by suprted(m): 2:41pm On Sep 23, 2008
if i'd known it would take this long, i'd have done it earlier. i figured since i already had a tourist visa, it wouldn't be that intense. plus my school didn't send my offer letter in time. i literally had to beg them to bill me and send it by courier. reading on here though, it seems like people like my friend who got it after 8 days are an exception rather than the norm.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by femigirl(f): 3:46pm On Sep 23, 2008
londoncool,

I am the sponsor but i am sponsoring a family family, all their family in Nigeria/Ghana not the UK.

My brain not working other than getting a work letter to say they have to come back to work. I am not sure what else to ask her to provide to ECO to proof she will be back.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yvy1(f): 4:19pm On Sep 23, 2008
@LondonCool

Thank you very much.

Should he do a police report for the old passport? even though he has no details of it?

Is it ok make a hotel reservation that starts running from 3 days after the visa is s'posed to have been issued? i.e a booking that starts running from exactly 3wks after the application is submitted?

Where do you fill your travel itinery? In the additional information section or on a separate sheet of paper? If you're passing through Dubai, should you let them know?

Please let me know. Thank you so much.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sweetestT: 4:40pm On Sep 23, 2008
@londoncool
i have answered d questions u asked me, wats more to add?
thanks for your response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 4:56pm On Sep 23, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sweetestT: 8:11pm On Sep 23, 2008
wow, im in a FIX.really dont know wat to do
@ londoncool,
thanks for your wonderful response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Dimaya: 9:06pm On Sep 23, 2008
hello nairalanders, please i'm looking for the member with id darkgodes, if she reads this, tell her to email me gravityoutsider@yahoo.com, i need to speak to her, thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by presjany(f): 9:51pm On Sep 23, 2008
@ Dimaya

wrong place to post, I suppose!
Pls go to search members!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by presjany(f): 9:58pm On Sep 23, 2008
@ Londoncool

I doff my hat for You!!!!!!!!!! U re just too good! I've observed dat all ur posts depict core humility!
I'm tripped! kudos! cheesy cheesy And immense thanks for helping Shawarrma out! smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by suprted(m): 4:00am On Sep 24, 2008
^^^^^ seconded
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shawamma(m): 1:53pm On Sep 24, 2008
My people How una dey.

londonbaba u toomuch jare. i appreciate ALL your help and i will never forget somebody like you in decades to come. infact just as presjany said all ur infos depict core humanity. That is just a periodic statement. Nothing more can be used to explicate ur personification. u even went to the extent of offering me 'a take out'. i appreciate wonderfully. Infact i cannot say more, but u are highly appreciated.
i have seen the informations in your new thread whilst in naija and its very expository and quite intellectful. i bet it will go a long away to help somany of us who is just starting to experience the uk.

Presjany n yettiluv, u guys have a FATHER that never fails n HE sits on the throne n has been waving at you. HE is that same person that has a list of all your cries written in his palms, HE is the same person that says' IT IS FINISHED ON THE CROSS, HE has paid the prize of our iniquity; so do not complain and keep thanking HIM. It shall come to pass because HE is the unchangeable changer.
Just beware that when you worry for something and that which you have worried for happens, then you have worried for nothing. Endeavour to read me n copy me. nothing dey happen, but it is well.

MarryAnne, have a safe trip my dear as we welcome you to tha land of COLD.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 2:34pm On Sep 24, 2008
Shawamma dear,i really appreciate all ur kind words.u bring rest of mind to me every time u reach out with ur words.I pray that you shall be the head and not the tail anywhere u go.i pray that u shall shine too.Schooling in UK is just the begining of greatness in ur life.U r definately going Places.

@Presjany

Wassup girl?.I am counting down to the Dday and highly excited to give my good news too. cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 3:16pm On Sep 24, 2008
@ Pharuk

got my visa on the 19th, thanks to every one on my way to the UK tomorow.
going to post my particulars as requested by racheal in a new thread

Congrats dear,i could remember ur story too.Have a safe trip and Be good!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sweetestT: 5:53pm On Sep 24, 2008
@ londoncool
taking into consideration that my previous application was before the ban law was passed,
wld it still affect my application if i come clean?
and if i wanna come clean,is it advisable to go for a student visa or a visitors visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by presjany(f): 9:16pm On Sep 24, 2008
@ shawarrma

Thanks dear for the encouragement!!!!!!!!!!!! God bless U! How are U preparing for the Oct 1st bash!
and hope U re adapting!

@ yettiluv

Worry lessssssssssssssssss! Shebi I don tell U! grin Me I no dey worry ooh! See, Our God is the owner of silver and Gold, and He gives His choicest blessings to His sons and daughters! And because we re His daughters; We re heading to the top! Even if things dont work out the way we want it, IT IS still for good! Just beleive that He will definitely direct us through the right part grin grin

Meanwhile, as we dey wait 4 the ECOs, make U na follow me jolificate cos I just got promoted in my work place!!!!!! grin grin And am so happy!

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.