Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,942 members, 7,883,285 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 08:18 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (307177 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 1:31pm On Sep 25, 2009
@ Buteh: I think this goes directly to BHC office and I've being sending these emails since last week before they replied me today. I am able to get this email cuz of a document I forwarded to VFS and they now forwarded it to the email. Nothing is done on the document but at least I have the email address! Here we go: visa.lagos@fco.gov.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by buteh: 1:49pm On Sep 25, 2009
@khadie, what school are you goin to and when is yur school resuming??whats ur yahoo chat ID?, i just sent a mail and hope to hear from them,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 1:53pm On Sep 25, 2009
@ Buteh: I am going to King's College London and since I am on a fellowship and scholarship I am to be in London on Monday latest to attend orientation with my other colleagues. Kings College resumes on Monday the 28th. Send your chat ID instead cuz mine is with my real name which I don't which to disclose here and if your yahoo chat is with your real name to just send the id to me at tadonline@gmail.com. Cheers!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 2:07pm On Sep 25, 2009
Hello Khadie, so tuesday? waiting for Violent to come back with good news!

iz2much:

Am stil waitin 4 sum miracle.am waitin 4 my review & my agent had not been helpful.pray all,i nid sum praya & miracle.

thought you were gona re-apply?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 2:12pm On Sep 25, 2009
@ £a$y: Tuesday seems far o, I will be the last of the fellows from all over Africa to get to London! I hope the outcome is going to be favourable by God!

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by buteh: 2:14pm On Sep 25, 2009
ohisquime@yahoo.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 2:16pm On Sep 25, 2009
@ Buteh: i gat it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 4:12pm On Sep 25, 2009
@ khadie, buteh
am glad to inform you guys tht my visa has been granted, right now i feel like jumping outta my skin, still praying for you guys, cos am really looking forward to that lunch in December, would be checking up to see ow u guys are faring and will sure put in one word of encouragement or the other.
@easy, keep up the good work u re doing here, there is a great man in you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 4:20pm On Sep 25, 2009
The review watz interesting @ all. i waz turned down again.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 4:25pm On Sep 25, 2009
@ Violent: Congratulations! I am so happy for you. So, when are you leaving? You made your application on the 4th abi? I made mine on the 2nd, hmmm hoping for the best. So what date was it on your visa, when did they issue it?

@ iz2much: I am sorry to hear this. Can you reapply?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by buteh: 4:28pm On Sep 25, 2009
mr violent congrats, what sch r u off to and when u wan run out so
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 4:36pm On Sep 25, 2009
ybab:

@I'd2much

Reapply asap.  Do not wait for the outcome of any review or rely on any agent!!!

I CULD AVE DO SO. I CANT STAND THE CHANCE AM SO DEVASTATED RIGHT NOW, SEEMS THE WHOLE THAN IS COMING ,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 4:44pm On Sep 25, 2009
iz2much: pele, but can u still reapply?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by buteh: 5:00pm On Sep 25, 2009
@iz, broda, no time ask for an extension from yur school den immediately reapply
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 5:44pm On Sep 25, 2009
izmuch

You need to pull yourself together, act fast so that you can reapply asap.

First, mail the school telling them your situation and ask for the deadline within which you must report to the school

Secondly, what are the reasons given for the two refusals?

And finally, get your sponsor involved. I hope he or she has a good act balance at the moment. The rules have been amended. It is no longer compulsory for the funds to be in the applicants account. The sponsor's bank statement will do just fine. What am not sure is if the 28day(money -must -sit-in-the-account) rule still applies presently.

Really, you should have just reapplied !!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 5:50pm On Sep 25, 2009
@ Funkybaby: The legendary funkybaby in da house! I was thinking you would be the first to answer to our questions cuz I have read so much contributions from you! Nice to read from you finally!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by spikedcylinder: 5:59pm On Sep 25, 2009
Quick question - If I haven't had any activity in my account for a month (since last salary was paid), does it disqualify?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 6:23pm On Sep 25, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Quick question - If I haven't had any activity in my account for a month (since last salary was paid), does it disqualify?

Nope! It does not affect anything.

As long as you have the required mainteance amount in your account.i.e. The closing balance.

The bank statement you present must not be 'stale' though. Best you ask for the printout from the bank few days to your submission
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2009
funkybaby:

Nope! It does not affect anything.

As long as you have the required mainteance amount in your account.i.e. The closing balance.

The bank statement you present must not be 'stale' though. Best you ask for the printout from the bank few days to your submission

I think spicked's question is regarding visiting visa not student visa ! So might be different . . .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 6:35pm On Sep 25, 2009
Khadie:

@ Funkybaby: The legendary funkybaby in da house! I was thinking you would be the first to answer to our questions cuz I have read so much contributions from you! Nice to read from you finally!

Lol.
Hello khadie.
No mind me. I have been very busy and few times lazy to post here on nairaland.
I do read the posts on this thread though. Good to see that the thread is still very active, useful to many people and to read many success stories.

If I remember your case correctly, the school did not give you the original visa letter stating their sponsor's ID and other
relevant info,  Right?
The law insists on these info and the school should be aware of this before asking students to submit visa applications.
I wish you all the best as you await the outcome of your application
But just as a standy plan B, get ready to reapply immediately. make sure you have the original visa letter from you, an email from the school giving you an extension date to resume. To the best of my knowledge, outcome of reapplications in such 'deadline' circumstances takes about 5working days and they are usually successful if all paper work are presented and issues raised by BHC have been addressed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 6:59pm On Sep 25, 2009
kadman:

I think spicked's question is regarding visiting visa not student visa ! So might be different . . .

Ok.
Pretty much the same rules, no stale bank statement should be presented, the account must have been well run, money in her account should be not less than 500k (could be a little less or more as this depends on many factors though.eg. Previous travel history to Uk, if she has other financial sponsors, If there is any dependant travelling with her, where she will be accommodated, etc), no sudden lump deposits of money and most importantly, she should also submit her payslips.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by spikedcylinder: 7:24pm On Sep 25, 2009
Thannks funkybaby, its for a family visiting visa.
Its not a stale account, the account has been running for more than a year. Unfortunately, there were lump deposits by my mum a few months ago which I haven't touched in the past one month. What now?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 7:53pm On Sep 25, 2009
@spikey
You welcome

How recent were the lump deposits?

There is no big deal in the lump deposit thingy. I do it too. Just that one had to be smart about the timing and the amount.  For example, if my aim is to have 500k in my account (closing balance), I will dump say 750k in it in the month of September. Pull out 150k in October, pull out another 150k late October or early November which leaves me with 450k.  I will then deposit another 50k, bringing me back to the intended 500k, leave it there for a week or two, print out my statement and the visa application is good to go.

You can also include your mum's bank statement (along with yours)  and relevant paper work.  Ie. The source of her income,work ID,etc.  A letter from her should state that she is your biological mum, she is aware and in support of your trip to visit family and she is supporting you financially. Ie. The cost of your outward and return journey.

This will cover any loop holes regarding source of financing your trip.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by spikedcylinder: 8:02pm On Sep 25, 2009
Thanks again. smiley
They were 2 lump deposits made in July. I have her statments of accounts (2 banks), tax cert, letter from her, birth cert affidafit showing our relationship (my original birth cert is missing), her passport page, landed property docs, her business documents (receipts, invoices etc) and the deposit slips used in paying the money into my account. Is that enough?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 8:50pm On Sep 25, 2009
@ spikey

Good. You have everything covered. Add to that a letter (typed) with title, letter of identification, stating her names and she is your mum, taking financial responsibilty of your trip. I will suggest you do not include any bank statement in a business name. Stick to her personal bank account even if it's less than one million naira. You can submit both personal and business but it's advisable not to submit company bank statement alone.

What about the family member that's inviting you? Is that aspect well covered? Make sure the letter she or he gives you states all relevant info. Eg.  Full names, address, postcode, land and mobile number, relationship to you, why you are coming over, his or her willingnesss to accommodate you. Also obtain a copy of the mortage or tenancy deed to your host's property. Utility bills, bank statements, etc are not neccessary. Your Mum has covered that.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 8:52pm On Sep 25, 2009
@ Funkybaby: you didn't reply me o and I was glad to see you had replied and you could read my threads to offer any useful advice. Thanks!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 9:08pm On Sep 25, 2009
@Khadie and buteh: should be leaving for school next tuesday, will be studying at Henley Business school, hope u guys get urs soon
@Iz2much: its really sad wht u re going thru, wht reason are they giving this time? unverifiable personal account?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by aNuff: 9:48pm On Sep 25, 2009
Hi all, quick question. I submitted my student visa extension app on the 4th and the status online still says my app's been forwarded to the BHC. When does the status change? Is there an intermediate stage before it says my app is ready for collection or can I expect that possibly on Monday it'll be ready? Do extension apps take longer than fresh apps? It's been 13 working days!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kunle93: 10:26pm On Sep 25, 2009
@funkybaby and my fellow nairalanders

I have a little problem with one of my documents, the confirmation of result i got from NECO indicates me as FEMALE instead of MALE. there is no problem with other information , Just the gender/sex . I was advised to go directly to NECO @ Minna, but im thinking there is no much time for all this. I have the necessary document including my personal statement of account. I'm really very worried now, I dont know which way to go at the moment, Please what can i possibly do?. As you all know there is no  time at all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 11:18pm On Sep 25, 2009
aNuff:

Hi all, quick question. I submitted my student visa extension app on the 4th and the status online still says my app's been forwarded to the BHC. When does the status change? Is there an intermediate stage before it says my app is ready for collection or can I expect that possibly on Monday it'll be ready? Do extension apps take longer than fresh apps? It's been 13 working days!

Well, there is no intermediate change, once the status changes, then your application is ready for collection.

kunle93:

@funkybaby and my fellow nairalanders

I have a little problem with one of my documents, the confirmation of result i got from NECO indicates me as FEMALE instead of MALE. there is no problem with other information , Just the gender/sex . I was advised to go directly to NECO @ Minna, but im thinking there is no much time for all this. I have the necessary document including my personal statement of account. I'm really very worried now, I dont know which way to go at the moment, Please what can i possibly do?. As you all know there is no  time at all.

Well, aparently you dont have much time at your disposal again, i will advise you send a mail to the school to know their final deadline for resumption. As for the mistake, i believe a sworn affidavit will do the magic, as for me, my middle name on my waec cert was spelt as DYODEJI instead of AYODEJI and i trusted my gut feelings to use it like that even with no affidavit, but in order to be on a safer side, as much as possible, get a sworn affidavit and any other document that can prove u re a male. cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by aNuff: 11:35pm On Sep 25, 2009
Thanks Violent, and congrats.
Does anyone know if extension apps take longer than fresh apps? I expected my application to have been out much quicker than this. I already missed my flight back and missed another flight today (for a conference I was meant to go for) sad I'm really bummed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kunle93: 8:17am On Sep 26, 2009
@violent

I have sworned an affidavit, what kind of document can i attach that will indicate me as male??

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (145)

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.