Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,920 members, 7,883,212 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 06:24 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (307174 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 3:34pm On Sep 23, 2009
@ Buteh, if you go to VFS they will only tell you that your visa is still undergoing verification. Chill, I am trying to do that here but if you can't chill any longer, a trip to VFS will not be a bad idea.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 3:44pm On Sep 23, 2009
@ Buteh and khadie, i cant even access the tracking page, i sent a mail to them in the mornin and all i got was tht my application is undergoing verification at the visa section.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 3:46pm On Sep 23, 2009
@ Violent: that's what they have being telling me ever since I have being sending them an email. sad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by buteh: 4:03pm On Sep 23, 2009
ibeg you ppple wch email address r u both sending mails to, pls send me the email address
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2009
@ Buteh: info.ukng@vfshelpline.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 4:50pm On Sep 23, 2009
buteh:

@easy, how long did urs take and wen counting the days, do u count the day you submitted

Counted from the next day i submitted. The visa was issued 5days after i submited and it took 5days after to get it. 10in all!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nrdgeek: 7:55am On Sep 24, 2009
@khadie, buteh & violent: been reading your posts and, I must say, as a nairalander whos also played the waiting game, I feel your pain!
The anxiety is nerve racking, the thougts of a refusal at this hour is calamitous, But in all? No long thing! just keep ur fingers crossed, y'all get your visas- hopefully this week. Our prayers are goin out for y'all. just keep hope alive.

REPORT FROM HER MAJESTY'S TERRITORY
This side Cold no be small oh! and wit the fake sun out there, the whities are calling it a good weather, Blimey!
If the weather wan bad nko? Omo! I'm in for a very long thing, !

Can u imagine? the idiots at airport check in Heathrow almost made me miss my connectin flight. why? dem want make I do chest X ray for TB!
he! he! he! (shakes head) aways special treatment for the GIANT of Africa undecided
Okay, so they let us go cos our flight was already boarding. Alas! the devil was not finished yet. While scanning our luggage at Immig. the machine just found the right time to breakdown, sorry, dint really breakdown, more like a hiccup.
But to cut long story short, the thing successfully wasted my time. Status of my BA flight had changed from 'boarding ' to, wateva is it called now? , it was sha CRITICAL. The whole thing just be like film! Naija boy running like mad to catch his fligt wen the gate was about closing. Pilot had to announce delay of take-off because of one , Omo naija! Lets leave dis story jere lipsrsealed

REMARKS
The way dis young whities dey smoke ehn! little wonder they usually get lung cancer
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by buteh: 8:15am On Sep 24, 2009
@nrd_geek, wata experience, nice one, i dont even mind goin tru all dat drama for now, cos at the end of the day wen u reach ur destination, u wld just seat back and have a gud laff, what sch r u in??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nrdgeek: 8:29am On Sep 24, 2009
buteh:

@nrd_geek, wata experience, nice one, i dont even mind goin tru all dat drama for now, cos at the end of the day wen u reach your destination, u wld just seat back and have a gud laff, what sch r u in??

University of Aberdeen. Studying Oil and gas law.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by buteh: 8:31am On Sep 24, 2009
i have a frnd in ur class Pacer guobadia, nice chap, just tell him u met buteh online, nice one bro and wld surely annouce wen my visa comes out, i hope it comes out today,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 9:11am On Sep 24, 2009
sits in front of laptop, pop corn in one hand, let the tracking begin Its a good day people, i can smell it already
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 9:19am On Sep 24, 2009
@ nrd_geek; thanks for your words of courage and that your airport expreince is really painful!

@ Violent: I pray so o, I am with a snacky in one hand here while using the other to type-lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 9:24am On Sep 24, 2009
@ Ea$y; o ga o, they issued your visa and you got it 5 days after it's being issued. That delay in getting it seemed unnecessary,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 10:29am On Sep 24, 2009
I have refused to track my application till this moment today. I want to wait till 12 or 2. I don't no why but that's want I want to do
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tjadeba(m): 10:38am On Sep 24, 2009
I got my student visa today after few working days. I submitted at the VI VAC last week tuesday and here are the documents i used in getting the visa.

1. Visa Letter from the school
2. I paid 25% of the school fees and 200GBP accomodation fees
3. Original of my post secondary school certificates
3. Sworn affidavit,police report and a newspaper advert to support the fact that the original of my WAEC certificate is missing and i once asked for people's opinion on that on this forum and i took their advice.
4. Bank statement that indicated the required financial stuff (remainder of school fees and the money required to live outside London for 9 months).
5. Letter from the school's agent in Nigeria.
And above all, PRAYERS.

To all still waiting,Please continue to pray and i beleive all will come out well.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 10:44am On Sep 24, 2009
@tjadeba : Waoh, I feel like crying right now. I have applied since 2nd of Sep and till now no show. You submitted just last week Tuesday! Congrats, I pray we all know our fate today and I hope it will be favourable.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 10:51am On Sep 24, 2009
@tjadeba: last week tuesday? shocked now i wish i didnt just read that, i submitted on the fourth at VI, and yet am still tracking, u re very lucky and am happy for you.
@Khadie: as for me, am going to continue tracking every 30 minutes, i dnt want to miss a thing
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 11:01am On Sep 24, 2009
@ Violent: if I check by 12noon and it's there, I will just leave for their office in VI to pick and if it happens at 2pm, will do same. I am fed up really!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by buteh: 11:14am On Sep 24, 2009
@tjadeba, congrats, whats the name of the schools representatives here in nigeria??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 12:05pm On Sep 24, 2009
@khadie: its 12 noon, any news?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 12:07pm On Sep 24, 2009
@ Violent: I just checked and the status has not changed! sad angry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 12:14pm On Sep 24, 2009
@khadie: same here cry still hanging on tight to that rope called hope, the day is nt gone yet
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 12:15pm On Sep 24, 2009
@ violent: I think so.

does anyone know when the status changes? is it in the afternoon or so?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by buteh: 12:19pm On Sep 24, 2009
i dont know again o, still no news, it rily is not fair sha o, i guess these pple can see when pple r supposed to resume so that they treat the visas quickly, its taking forever for them to release visas, i dont tink dere is much rush now again so why should this take so long??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 12:32pm On Sep 24, 2009
yeah, spot on buteh, cant rem being this nervous in my entire life, all my pals are in school already, still tracking, this time with no popcorn and and a heart beating at 1000 per sec i just hate wht this people are doing to me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 12:35pm On Sep 24, 2009
Ea$y: any word of advice to our predicament since it seems like you are the only one that is consistent with our case. Can't we go to BHC office?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 12:45pm On Sep 24, 2009
Khadie:

Ea$y: any word of advice to our predicament since it seems like you are the only one that is consistent with our case. Can't we go to BHC office?

Trust me Khadie, don't try going there, you will end up just adding more to the situation. Just chill abit! My elder who used to work for HO said they delay sometimes can come from a Caseworker, If he/she falls sick or goes on leave for days all the application on his/her desk remains there till the caseworker returns. No one will touch it, Hopefully this will not be the case.

One thing I'm not happy about is the fact that school has resumed and you guyz re missing all the first week of orientation and registration.I guess they don't care that much. God is in control
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 12:51pm On Sep 24, 2009
cry shocked angry cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 12:52pm On Sep 24, 2009
khadie, wink kiss
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 1:05pm On Sep 24, 2009
@ £a$y; when did your tracking change, morning or afternoon time?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 1:09pm On Sep 24, 2009
:-
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2009
It was morning, I remember i didn't even tell anyone I was going to pick it up, hehe shocked Dont worry before the end of the week. it's past 1 already!

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (145)

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.