Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,658 members, 7,892,660 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 03:16 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (307449 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 12:38pm On Sep 12, 2009
@ Eric,

Lol,yeah I know everything is in mighty Pecks,but would be a lot more expensive,that's what I would do when I run out of stock grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 12:50pm On Sep 12, 2009
lol well they are xpensive in relation to Money back home, bu ralatively to the UK £ it aint xpensive considering what other food stuffs cost here lol, at least you could get 4-5 ripe plantains for a pound abi? translate into N240, now can you get 4 ripe plantains for N250 in lagos? lol you get the logic?.even fish cheap in the Uk pass Lagos lol,bag of fish cost £8-10 in Peckham, try go Lagos to buy that quantity lol,guy our house dey streatham, so I got the option of going brixton or Peckham or croydon tongue grin grin cheesy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 1:20pm On Sep 12, 2009
Lol funny I'm in Stretham too, but since I've been coming never tried Peckham,too many stories,but yeah Brixton market is great. I'm there everyday as it's nearest Underground.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 1:28pm On Sep 12, 2009
aha so we live in one area then lol Im bang on the common ie oposit the Park,Im in 9ja at the moment though, its all good up there,I just hate the one way and the big trafffic at the Old church 4 junctions.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 8:27pm On Sep 12, 2009
erico2k2:

@ violent, whats PTA and BTA lol who the hel check themin the Uk? n nodules are way way much cheaper in the Uk and congrats ohh neazerest, but could I ask, if you whre allowed to take your baby with you to the UK, who would look after baby when you go to school puttting it in mind every child has to be under someone 16 yrs and above in The Uk or else you got to pay for child care or am I missing something here?

Pls is there a better alternative in place of PTA and BTA undecided undecided cos of some peeps who might want to travel with huge amounts, especially if they dnt have domicilliary account.
Pls can anyone also suggest ow i can get pounds at the official exchange rate within a short time limit. thnx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 9:55pm On Sep 12, 2009
violent:

Pls is there a better alternative in place of PTA and BTA undecided undecided cos of some peeps who might want to travel with huge amounts, especially if they dnt have domicilliary account.
Pls can anyone also suggest ow i can get pounds at the official exchange rate within a short time limit. thnx

Bank will pay change £2,400 for you max,you will need to get the rest from black market. The rate are that much different
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nezerst(f): 11:36pm On Sep 12, 2009
ybab:

@nezerest

Congrats. so are you going to leave your 8 MONTHS BABY behind and go to the UK?

Lecture starts 14th n if I cnt get up 2 2 wks ext will have to leave her behind but I will reapply on tuesday for her.

violent:

@ neazerest
Congrats to you, too bad u just have to leave without your baby, i hope you file an appeal or reapply for her ASAP, cos i personally take objections to Mothers leaving their babies behind, especially when we are talking about 8 months old shocked
I will also advise that you buy some of your stuffs here, especially some food materials such as noodles.
Take extra passport photographs with you, if u are the type that wear jeans, buy them here before u travel, then save up some money for extra shopping abroad, considering the fact that most of the clothings u will need for now will be winter cloths and you can get em for sale at cheap prices in some UK shops.
It will be better to arrange for your PTA and BTA in time to avoid delays.
Once again GOOD LUCK

Thanks will definitely not forget my noodles n Jeans.
erico2k2:

@ violent, whats PTA and BTA lol who the hel check themin the Uk? n nodules are way way much cheaper in the Uk and congrats ohh neazerest, but could I ask, if you whre allowed to take your baby with you to the UK, who would look after baby when you go to school puttting it in mind every child has to be under someone 16 yrs and above in The Uk or else you got to pay for child care or am I missing something here?
Already made an arrangement for a nursery where she will be staying, even paid d reg fee of 100 pounds.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by gram: 7:51am On Sep 14, 2009
Passport Discrepancies, Urgent Information And Advice Needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI NAIRALANDERS, I need some advice here. I applied for a UK student visa about 10 years ago but I was refused on the basis of insufficient funds.

At that time i was very young and some of the information given on my passport was not accurate because it was obtained for me by my guardian

ie my date of birth was backdated. Now i want to apply again on my own for a masters program,with a different passport and with the correct

information cos the correct information(DOB) correlates with all my documents. Should i make reference to the old passport in my application form or

ignore it? can they still have records of 10yrs ago? should i deny a previous application? NB.The application form contains a column where reference

should be made to any previous passports. thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 14, 2009
U can apply cos they cnt av ur 10 yrs ago application again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by gram: 10:59am On Sep 14, 2009
@ dammiac, thanks. I would welcome more comments
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by opensource(m): 12:35pm On Sep 14, 2009
Mine in now 13 working days, and still no response.

Just wishing all works out well. Has Anybody in the house that submitted on or after 26th August got theirs yet ?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 1:18pm On Sep 14, 2009
@Open source

Where did u apply? VI? ikeja? Ibadan? or Abuja?
I heard it is always faster if u submit in VI
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tutu1: 1:34pm On Sep 14, 2009
Open Source,Yours will soon come out - they're backed up that's all. You'll soon share your good news
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by opensource(m): 2:03pm On Sep 14, 2009
I submitted in Ikeja, I regret this

as I would have submitted in VI

@tutu1 i pray so, I can't wait to share the good news
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 4:30pm On Sep 14, 2009
@ Open source

Just calm down a lil bit, am sure it will soon be ready, i have a buddy tht submitted in Ibadan, its been 16 days, yet no response, i believe its just typical of the rush hour. I submitted mine on the fourth at VI, am still expecting tho, God dey
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nrdgeek: 5:47pm On Sep 14, 2009
Tracking day 11, working day 7. Still got my fingers crossed, hoping for the best,

gram:

Passport Discrepancies, Urgent Information And Advice Needed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI NAIRALANDERS, I need some advice here. I applied for a UK student visa about 10 years ago but I was refused on the basis of insufficient funds.

At that time i was very young and some of the information given on my passport was not accurate because it was obtained for me by my guardian

ie my date of birth was backdated. Now i want to apply again on my own for a masters program,with a different passport and with the correct

information cos the correct information(DOB) correlates with all my documents. Should i make reference to the old passport in my application form or

ignore it? can they still have records of 10yrs ago? should i deny a previous application? NB.The application form contains a column where reference

should be made to any previous passports. thanks

hmmm, situation sounds precarious. 10yrs ago is just 1999. that they dont still have records of 10 yrs ago, ? I wouldn't bet my best pair of boxers on that. See, the British and indeed all western countries are kind of meticulous with records, yeah, they dont joke with it at all! I remember a lady had the same problem when I was applying for the new passport. Her passport had been sent to Nig Immigration because BHS suspected her of impersonation. She claimed she had visited the Uk often and wondered what the P was.
It was only after she left that the immig officer explained that several other Nigerians would hav the same problem. Reason is because most peeps had used false info on their previous passports and only come out to regularise the info with the advent of the e- passport. this discrepancy however shows up on the British database. How do you think they get to catch long time criminals after so many years? You should be a lil careful oh, no be naija system we dey talk!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Sammy107d(m): 4:57am On Sep 15, 2009
nrd_geek:

Tracking day 11, working day 7. Still got my fingers crossed, hoping for the best,

hmmm, situation sounds precarious. 10yrs ago is just 1999. that they dont still have records of 10 yrs ago, ? I wouldn't bet my best pair of boxers on that. See, the British and indeed all western countries are kind of meticulous with records, yeah, they dont joke with it at all! I remember a lady had the same problem when I was applying for the new passport. Her passport had been sent to Nig Immigration because BHS suspected her of impersonation. She claimed she had visited the Uk often and wondered what the P was.
It was only after she left that the immig officer explained that several other Nigerians would hav the same problem. Reason is because most peeps had used false info on their previous passports and only come out to regularise the info with the advent of the e- passport. this discrepancy however shows up on the British database. How do you think they get to catch long time criminals after so many years? You should be a lil careful oh, no be naija system we dey talk!

Besides, they'll appreciate your honesty. If you have your old passport, you don't declare the content, and they just happen to have it, U can bet your new passport on the fact that you wouldn't see Europe in a few decades.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by opensource(m): 9:56am On Sep 15, 2009
Mine now say Inscan at OC

I pray it is successfully . Will go pick it up by 3pm Today
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 10:54am On Sep 15, 2009
opensource:

Uncle / Aunty your visa is ready. . . go and get it !
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mufasa(m): 10:57am On Sep 15, 2009
My bro is going to reapply tomorrow with printed copies of the scanned Visa letter. He cant wait for the originals to come from the school. The school gave a resumption grace of 2 weeks after the start of classes (21st sept). I hope the high commission acknowledges this as it is clearly written on the visa letter and admission letter.
Still no word on the admin review he sent in, its just a waste of time and energy IMO.
From previous posts i reckon V/I is the fastest shey?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 11:46am On Sep 15, 2009
mufasa:

My bro is going to reapply tomorrow with printed copies of the scanned Visa letter. He cant wait for the originals to come from the school. The school gave a resumption grace of 2 weeks after the start of classes (21st sept). I hope the high commission acknowledges this as it is clearly written on the visa letter and admission letter.
Still no word on the admin review he sent in, its just a waste of time and energy IMO.
From previous posts i reckon V/I is the fastest shey?

I hope the visa letter states the 2 weeks grace ? If not you're back to the drawing board. And yes like every other thing in Lagos. VI is faster.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by suxes2005(m): 11:50am On Sep 15, 2009

My prayer is that it will be successful.

How FAR?

SHALOM
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 5:25pm On Sep 15, 2009
hey Kadman wazzup, whats happening in SW16?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 5:27pm On Sep 15, 2009
@ Eric, bros it was cool o,had so much fun this visit,but alas I've been shipped off to Leeds today to resume my Msc. . I so didn't want to leave angry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 5:29pm On Sep 15, 2009
. . . And funny alll this times I've been visiting never went to the park ( I be whitey ?),but because of you this Saturday went for a stroll there,great weather and park !
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by opensource(m): 8:12am On Sep 16, 2009
BABA GOD ,  THANK SIR,  I GOT MY VISA

Its been a whole period of stress and struggle until now finally God has blessed me .
I can but now breathe and take a bright smile for mine took 14 working days.
having to track it from the first day i submitted for a minimum of 15 times everyday increased my anxiety and fear.I always read here steadily and read comments of panicking Nigerians from which I draw courage that I am not left alone in the task , lol

I couldn't hold it anymore when mine past 10 working days with no response and couple with the fact that *Vie* which we applied on the same day has got his.

Now am very very happy as finally . I will be going to Uk to study.

******** Documents Used ********

1.Waec Result
2.School transcript.(HND)
3.CAS from school ( paid full tuition)
4.Accommodation booking
5.personal bank statement. ( had 5400 pounds in my DOM account )
6.reference letter from bank.
7.professional qualifications ( MCSE,CCNA)

All documents are original , i didn't include much and it was granted.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 8:54am On Sep 16, 2009
opensource:

BABA GOD ,  THANK SIR,  I GOT MY VISA

Its been a whole period of stress and struggle until now finally God has blessed me .
I can but now breathe and take a bright smile for mine took 14 working days.
having to track it from the first day i submitted for a minimum of 15 times everyday increased my anxiety and fear.I always read here steadily and read comments of panicking Nigerians from which I draw courage that I am not left alone in the task , lol

I couldn't hold it anymore when mine past 10 working days with no response and couple with the fact that *Vie* which we applied on the same day has got his.

Now am very very happy as finally . I will be going to Uk to study.

******** Documents Used ********

1.Waec Result
2.School transcript.(HND)
3.CAS from school ( paid full tuition)
4.Accommodation booking
5.personal bank statement. ( had 5400 pounds in my DOM account )
6.reference letter from bank.
7.professional qualifications ( MCSE,CCNA)

All documents are original , i didn't include much and it was granted.

Congrats  grin, I know about the waiting game!! Where r u studying in the UK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nrdgeek: 9:07am On Sep 16, 2009
Sorry guys, I'm doin this late. Yesterday was tracking day 12, working day 8. my status read "Your application is ready for collection, " Boy! the Abuja application centre sure is fast! Going to collect my visa this morning. seriously hoping for the best. will update u guys soon, abeg make una pray for me!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nrdgeek: 9:17am On Sep 16, 2009
I need a lil help here guys. cant post on NL with my blackberry. I always get this notice that says 'sorry nrd_geek you lost your posting rights. Reason: broody attitude.' Yeah right, can you believe this? (shakes head) Broody attitude! I got this notice the very first day I logged in with the blackberry. Anybody got suggestions how I can get around this problem?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 10:21am On Sep 16, 2009
@Kadman
lol thats cool, hope you went to the far North of the Park where flowers are grown, its lovely there, now Leeds, I have never been driven as far as Bolton and preston though
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by opensource(m): 11:31am On Sep 16, 2009
@Ea$y I am going to University of Portsmouth

Please whats the cheapest one way flight to UK (heathrow)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 1:13pm On Sep 16, 2009
opensource:

@Ea$y I am going to University of Portsmouth

Please whats the cheapest one way flight to UK (heathrow)

Thats nice, honestly i dont know, I am over here and you should look around there, Bellview will be the cheapest but no go area! LOL wink try Qatar Air but u stopover for some hrs I think,

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (145)

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.