Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,348 members, 7,888,113 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:37 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (307311 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 9:00pm On Sep 07, 2009
@Lagpussy congrats  grin! where d party @? cool dont get to high sha, you know you got to do some serious planning now, just the beginning!  Try come to the UK intime before the cold kicks inn, the weather still nice right now! really happy for you,  Let join hands and pray for the rest of my pips waiting for theirs!

Ceekay:

Thanks to everyone in this thread. I've read the way you profer solutions to peoples problem and rejoice with them when they find it. Thanks also to i-toro for the link. This ASUU Strike wrecked me. I needed to collect my transcript of my first year (i did just 2years and got fed up with naija education) as part of my documents for my admission at londonmet but i could not. Now i no longer have time on my hands sad
I-toro mentioned something about deferment. I believe if you defer your admission it lasts for 1 year (i.e till september 2010)? Or isnt it so? London met are among the Very Few uni's in uk thathave january admission but that is part time, and a course like mine that should last for 3years will now last for 4.
Please for those of you in the uk can you explain the advantages or disadvantages of part time. Would it be wise to defer till sept 2010 or seek january admission. Please advice me  embarassed

You are not allowed to do Part time being a foreign student, They wont even give you a VISA for part time. Don't be discouraged, the school can still allow you to arrive some weeks after resumption, write them and ask if they can give you time and if not just defer the admission, Clarify that with the school before you defer your admission, which uni are you attending in NIJA?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nezerst(f): 8:08am On Sep 08, 2009
Working day 22! Abi my file don lost?
Hey guys!
pls is it possible for me to request for my marriage certificate from BHC
cos my husband needs it it to go for his us visa interview on thursday.
@lagospussi
u beta keep ur money oh, no shak 2 much
make u no go ilu oyinbo dey roast. u know say recession dey.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jaffa: 11:37am On Sep 08, 2009
My Status finally changed after 15 working days; now Inscan at OC, Whats next??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 12:23pm On Sep 08, 2009
jaffa:

My Status finally changed after 15 working days; now Inscan at OC, Whats next??

It's back at the Originating center! should be ready today or tomorrow! Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lagospussi: 1:26pm On Sep 08, 2009
@nezerst all you need do is prayer, like someone said to me , its how well not how fast. so still go on your kneels and beg God.!

men! im really celebrating it big time.! i still happy here,. i look at my passport everymorning when i wake up. lol. checking if i really got the visa.

LOL
!!!!!!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 3:49pm On Sep 08, 2009
lagospussi:

@nezerst all you need do is prayer, like someone said to me , its how well not how fast. so still go on your kneels and beg God.!

men! im really celebrating it big time.! i still happy here,. i look at my passport everymorning when i wake up. lol. checking if i really got the visa.

LOL
!!!!!!!!

LMAO, Nezerest will be the next to give the good news, (Insha Allah)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nezerst(f): 10:17am On Sep 09, 2009
Thanks guys!
Cnt wait to share d good news.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by dolphin22: 10:57am On Sep 09, 2009
i just got my visa am so excited my God is toooooo much. I was refused twice last year(appeal in progress) despite travelling to Uk for visit more than 4 times. I applied July this year i was also refused (i was on holiday in June to Uk), i submitted an administrative review along side i reapplied the review is still in progress but i don't need it anymore because the lord as done it through reapplying. please help me call Baba God and thank him oooooooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 11:11am On Sep 09, 2009
dolphin22:

i just got my visa am so excited my God is toooooo much. I was refused twice last year(appeal in progress) despite travelling to Uk for visit more than 4 times. I applied July this year i was also refused (i was on holiday in June to Uk), i submitted an administrative review along side i reapplied the review is still in progress but i don't need it anymore because the lord as done it through reapplying. please help me call Baba God and thank him oooooooo

Congrats! Did you get a student visa or renewed your visit V?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by dolphin22: 11:29am On Sep 09, 2009
student visa
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nrdgeek: 1:11pm On Sep 09, 2009
lagospussi:

LOL
!!!!!!!!

this lagospussi sef, *#!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 8:23pm On Sep 09, 2009
dolphin22:

student visa

Happy 4 you!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Emuche: 1:05am On Sep 10, 2009
Hi everyone. Needs some advice please.

I am a British citizen and my fiancé of two years has had two in-country (UK) visa renewal applications refused by the HO. First one was a Tier 1 Post Study Work, refused on the grounds of not meeting maintenance. We mmisunderstoodthe requirements for the 800 pounds. We were given no right of appeal as the application was made out of time.

To give some background, his initial application was made in time, however was returned four weeks later (after his leave expired) as invalid as the forms had changed. We weren't aware of the update.

On receiving the refusal his employer (A rated sponsor) agreed to sponsor him under Tier 2. We got the PIN number and maintenance letter and with a strong cover letter, sent everything off. We had no reason to believe it would not fail as all the criteria was met (or so we thought). The application was considered and after 7 weeks we received another refusal stating that the salary he was being paid was not at the minimum required for his job code and they were refusing the application on those grounds.

As you can imagine we were devastated by this as we were not aware of job codes etc and believed that his employer knew what they were doing.

He then made the decision to go back to Nigeria, with me to follow in a few weeks and do a court wedding and apply to return under the husband visa as I am UK citizen. We have now been advised by a immigration solicitor that if we do that he may not be allowed back in the country for a min of 2 years and that we should challenge the Home Office decision via a judicial review.

We are really confused. We don't want to jeopardised his record by over staying but we really don't understand what this judicial review will do. Are we taking a big risk to stay in the UK and do the judicial review, as opposed to going back home and getting married?

Any advice or thoughts welcome!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jaffa: 8:19am On Sep 10, 2009
[b]My study visa was refused based on these:

I`ve refused your application on this occasion because I am not satisfied that you meet all of the requirements of paragraph 245Z of the Immigration Rules and in addition your application falls to be refused under paragraph 320.This decision was made on the merits of this application.However,if you have a previous application and immigration history, this may have been considered.However ,I refused your application on this occasion because I am not satisfied you have met the requirements detailed below:
1. Visa letter:30 points ,points claimed 30 , points awarded 30
ECO comment:points correctly claimed for this section.valid visa letter and required original documentation seen.
2. Maintenance:10 points ,points claimed 10 ,points awarded 0.
ECO comment:points correctly claimed for this section.bank statement showing N3226603.72,equivalent of GBP12800.00.Outstanding GBP9900.00. Funds sufficient to cover for outstanding fees.

Abeg could some1 help me decipher the main reason for the refusal cos the whole thing doesn't make any sense 2 me.
Any advice is highly welcome cos am really going bananas,my skul `ll resume Sep 21 [/b]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by chidson: 8:28am On Sep 10, 2009
how much does it cos to fly to london and which flight is the cheapest
kindly give current infor if any is aware
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by JJM(f): 9:30am On Sep 10, 2009
@ Emuche

Hi Emuche

Judicial Review is a remedy of last resort and challenges a decision that is unlawful i.e not in accordance with the Law or there has been an error in law. If you successful challenge by judicial review, the court can only conclude that there was an error of law in the HO's decision and they should go away and remake it, normally to a positive decision. If you are not successful, the court will just say that the HO 's decsion is not unlawful and you have no further basis to remain in the UK.

From what you have said, you should have been given a 28 day grace to resubmit his first application while they retain the fee. If after this period, your fiance did not resubmit the form, then his fee will have been refunded and any future applications refused on the basis that it was made out of time and he no longer has any leave to remain in the UK(any period after which, he will be considered an overstayer). However you mention that he resubmitted and was also refused because he did not meet maintenance requirement, if this was also a reason then you cannot argue that the decision was unlawful because it was made in accordance with published requirements. On this basis, the decision of the HO does not appear unlawful. I stand to be corrected if you clarify the position further.

Again with regards the application under Tier 2, the application guidance clearly lists what the requirements are and unfortunately your fiance appears not to have met the criteria. The HO decision on the face of it does not appear unlawful.

It does appear that your fiance may have overstayed by now. If he has not overstayed yet, applying for judicial review(has to be made within 3 months of the decision to refuse) may buy him time but chances are it may fail, by which time, he may have overstayed. If he overstays, the option of going to Naija to get married and apply will be risky as he may be refused entry clearance for settlement because he overstayed during his previous visit to the UK. You may be able to appeal it and then you may win but just be prepared for that possibility.

My opinion is that if you judicial review, you are just prolonging your problem as based on what you have said(unless there is more), your judicial review application is likely to fail, you would have paid solicitors and have the court award cost against you(for being the losing party) thereby losing money. I pray that by now your fiance has not overstayed, if he has then it will be better to go to Nigeria and do the marriage and apply but be prepared to fight any refusal and this may mean your fiance being in Niger for longer than expected. If he has not overstayed, the best option again is to go back now, get married and apply-you will stand a better chance of getting the settlement visa. However be aware that because of his previous history, they may think your marriage is not for real so make sure your application is backed up with loads of supporting documents to prove your relationship is genuine.

I hope this helps you weigh up the pros and cons so that you can make a decision but as you said what is crucial is that you do not jeopardise his record over here by overstaying---totally agree with that.

Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Emuche: 9:36am On Sep 10, 2009
@ JJM

Thanks so much for your response JJM. That has been my worry all along. His last letter from the Home Office which came with the refusal stated that he needed to contact the law enforcement office before the 8th September to collect his passport and provide details of how and when he will return home.

We contacted them on the 2nd, they didn't have his passport back yet. They then rang us a couple of days later to say they have it and we should book the flight and come back to them when we have the ticket and they will release his passport. In these situations how long is a reasonable time for you to book your flights and leave?

This whole thing is a mess (over a £800!). I really don't want him to be classed as overstayed because he hasn't and any decision he made (re-applying) was made on the instruction of either his employer or a lawyer.

The judicial review is not cheap and I do not want to have to go through all of this, to have a negative result and we're back to square one. I am much more comfortable with fighting the marriage case as we will have no issues providing the evidence.

Why would the lawyer say we have a strong case if we clearly don't?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by JJM(f): 9:37am On Sep 10, 2009
@ Jaffa

The problem appears to be in the maintenance section. You were not awarded any points because from the ECo comments, it appears that there were not sufficient funds in your account. Not very clear from your extract. How much was your course fees or balance to be paid? how much did you need for accommodation? It refers to British pound of £9900 & £12,800 equivalent in your naija account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Thor(m): 9:41am On Sep 10, 2009
The best bet is to forget it and stay in Nigeria!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by JJM(f): 9:42am On Sep 10, 2009
@ Eluche

It appears that he has overstayed and it will help his case in the future if he books his ticket and leaves voluntarily. With regards the Lawyer, obviously he /she will have all the documents and facts better than me so will be in a stronger position to advise. My opinion is based on what you have said so far.

Have you tried getting a second opinion from another lawyer?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 9:51am On Sep 10, 2009
jaffa:

[b]My study visa was refused based on these:

I`ve refused your application on this occasion because I am not satisfied that you meet all of the requirements of paragraph 245Z of the Immigration Rules and in addition your application falls to be refused under paragraph 320.This decision was made on the merits of this application.However,if you have a previous application and immigration history, this may have been considered.However ,I refused your application on this occasion because I am not satisfied you have met the requirements detailed below:
1. Visa letter:30 points ,points claimed 30 , points awarded 30
ECO comment:points correctly claimed for this section.valid visa letter and required original documentation seen.
2. Maintenance:10 points ,points claimed 10 ,points awarded 0.
ECO comment:points correctly claimed for this section.bank statement showing N3226603.72,equivalent of GBP12800.00.Outstanding GBP9900.00. Funds sufficient to cover for outstanding fees.

Abeg could some1 help me decipher the main reason for the refusal cos the whole thing doesn't make any sense 2 me.
Any advice is highly welcome cos am really going bananas,my skul `ll resume Sep 21 [/b]
[/quote

How much of your course fees have u paid in advance?
Are you studying in or outside london?
Does the equivalent cover for both outstanding course and maintance fee?
What is the duration of your course?
Did you use the www.oanda.com website to confirm if the exchange rate match with the equivalent in your account?
Did you make withdraw from your account before the decision was made?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jaffa: 10:30am On Sep 10, 2009
@violent & JJM :Thx 4 your attn,see below my response

How much of your course fees have u paid in advance? - GBP4485.00 

Are you studying in or outside london? - outside london-LUTON

Does the equivalent cover for both outstanding course and maintance fee? - EQUIVALENT BALANCE IN  MY ACC IS GBP12800.00 (N3.2m) and my outstanding fees is GBP9900.00(incl. accommodation),this ECO confirmed that I hv sufficient funds to cover my outstanding incl. accommodation."2. Maintenance:10 points ,points claimed 10 ,points awarded 0.
ECO comment:points correctly claimed for this section.bank statement showing N3226603.72,equivalent of GBP12800.00.Outstanding GBP9900.00. Funds sufficient to cover for outstanding fees."

What is the duration of your course? 13months

Did you use the www.oanda.com website to confirm if the exchange rate match with the equivalent in your account? YES
Did you make withdraw from your account before the decision was made? YES but my bal. was still over N3m and 4rm PBS rules u just need 2 show u hv that amt on the day of appln

More Advice PLSSS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by JJM(f): 11:24am On Sep 10, 2009
@ Jaffa

It appears that you can appeal this decision because from your answers, the refusal is not justified(unless there are other reasons given for the refusal). Given that your course starts on 21 Sep and an appeal will most definitely take months to sort out, why dont you try writing to the senior entry clearance officer asking for a review(it does help sometimes).

I believe as a student, you have to have to show that you have held the money for at least 28 days. The end of that 28 day period must not be more than one month before the date of your application. The money you need to show covers your course fees for your first year of study and living costs for up to a maximum of nine months. The amount you will need depends on whether you are applying as a child or adult and whether you are studying in inner or outer London. I believe luton is outer London so you will need to have £600 a month(for at least 4 months, more to be on the safer side).

So if you add your school fees of one year(£) plus living costs of say 6 months(£3,600) and the figure was in your account for up to 28 days (to be on the safe side, before you made your application), then you may have a good ground for review or appeal. Review may be quicker if you carefully point out the figures against the criteria and you meet them.

If on checking, it appears you do not have enough, that means the refusal decision was correct, then you may need to consider deferring your admission and apply again later.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 11:34am On Sep 10, 2009
@ Jaffa

wht i dont understand is if your total tuition fee = GP4485
If yes, then it seems to be tht you have a good appeal case.
If No, from your last post, i believe you still have about GPB 9900 to pay the school in tuition fees
In tht case, the total amt u should show in your account =GPB15,500
tht is 9900 plus 5400 {maintance fee}.

It appears from the ECO s comment, he wht he meant by amt sufficient for outstanding fee is tht you have enough money to cover outstanding tuition fee but not enough money for maintainace.
Pls clarify the situation
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by dolphin22: 12:18pm On Sep 10, 2009
@ Jeff
If u still want to take up the Sept entry the best thing is reapply by tomorrow make sure you have all your tution fee (paid to the school or in your account) in addition to that You need a total of £5400 in your account print out the conversion page from whatever site you using and also make you use the additional information part of the form eexplainingthe reason why you cclaimingeach point so that the ECO can see it clearly and also explain the money bit it is very important. The aadministrativereview takes forever you can apply for that and at the same time reapply be fast about it because you only have two weeks grace after resumption.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jaffa: 12:24pm On Sep 10, 2009
@violent : the total tuition is 8950,i paid 4485 my bal 4 tuition is 4465.then maintenance required for 1 yr study is 5400 making my outstanding 9865 (4465 + 5400).The balance in my acct is 12800GBP.What baffles me is that in the ECO comment,he stated that I hv enuf funds for the outstanding but cudnt award the points for this??

Also he stated that he refused the application based on para 320(7A),which rules on occassions where false documents or representation r submitted,but he did not specify the particular docs or info. i presented,am totally confused

@dolphin22,thx man, am planning on reapplying 2moro but making the payment b4 that time is what i dont hw 2 achieve,as u knw it takes a while b4 the money hits their acc.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 12:41pm On Sep 10, 2009
@lagospussi

am sorry i missed all the excitement on tesuday.i want around. am really happy for u and am sure we have to throw the party together cuz my own is onn the way. please pray for me.

@dolphin22

u said u filed for an dmin review? did u abandon the review and go for another reapply?
Cuz thatz wat i wanted to do. i want 2 abandon my reveiw and reapply.tell me hw u went abt it. plz

@ £a$y
hope u never forget me for your prayer?
i still need prayers like never before, 2day is the 11th day, still have 9 more working days left.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mufasa(m): 1:59pm On Sep 10, 2009
@Dolphin, well u played a fast one o. My bro submitted his admin review last monday in abj. Sch resumes sept 21 (plus 2 weeks grace). On reading ur post i decided he should reapply tomorrow or monday max. I need to know if u reapplied wit another original visa letter,bank statement.
What was d reason for ur earlier refusal in july?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by dolphin22: 2:11pm On Sep 10, 2009
@mufasa

i reapplied with everything i submitted the first time but submitted a new statement and made sure i explained everything i submitted in the additional information part and i also told them that i applied before stating the refusal reference and the reason that they refused me and that everything is in place and i explained why am claiming each point and the document i have to show for it.

i was refused the first time because they said i submitted my dad's account which wasn't true. I guess he didn't check the name.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by dolphin22: 2:18pm On Sep 10, 2009
@iz2much

i submitted the review to Abuja and the next day i reapplied (after sleeping and thinking that the review might take forever)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 2:21pm On Sep 10, 2009
@dolphin22

u said the reason u were refused the first time time was becuz you used your dad's statement of account? and u now reappy and used yours with it. plz qoute me if am wrong? and plz what kinda bank did u used?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by dolphin22: 2:23pm On Sep 10, 2009
@jeff
just put all the money required in your personal account and explain this in your form. (mind you i guess almost all school requires a deposit which i guess you paid already so you put in the balance of tution fee in your personal account plus £5400).

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (145)

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.