Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,973 members, 7,873,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:25 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306976 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nezerst(f): 11:35am On Aug 26, 2009
Hi guys, this is exactly day 14 of my submittion and i've not heard anything. I've been tracking it it and all i always see is that my application has been forwarded to the british high commission. I also submitted my baby's as my dependant.
Pls what could be taking so long and is there anything I can do bout it?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 11:49am On Aug 26, 2009
Just relax! It will be ready anytime from now, Like I have seen on this board and happened with me also, took 10 working days! I understand how you're feeling right now shocked but just pray, it's not how far but how well, The moment you get the Visa you forget the wait! It will be worth it! Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nezerst(f): 12:04pm On Aug 26, 2009
Thanks a lot easy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 12:06pm On Aug 26, 2009
Don't forget to share your success story when you get your Clearance. grin We'll be waiting
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mufasa(m): 12:32pm On Aug 26, 2009
Is someone removing my posts?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Osondust: 3:04pm On Aug 26, 2009
Hi all, just want every one to help me tank God for my brother, he has been granted UK student visa today. I made mention of the status reading Inscan at OX yesterday, it later changed to ready for collection. He just collected the Visa now.

It was his second application withing one month. The first was denied because, his school did not include the results used in acquiring the admission in the visa letter. The school corrected it, we made fresh application and the outcome is success.

Thanks
Osondst.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lagospussi: 4:03pm On Aug 26, 2009
priassssssee the lord for you! emm, i wlould like to know how long did it take for him to get his visa. were did he submit. ikeja? mine is taking for ever its like 6days now and i cant wait to get a reply ,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ybab: 4:14pm On Aug 26, 2009
does anyone know if really the embassy calls the bank to verify the total money (closing credit balance) in a genuine bank statement submitted to them?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by taryour(f): 4:17pm On Aug 26, 2009
NL my friend as a problem.he has jst completed hs savins 4 d reqd mtce in our acct and has very limited tym 2 apply which application center is d fastest in lagos? secondly d statement of account zenith gave him does not have dere logo just d bank name acct nu, date of statement etc u know all dose printout from dere website but every pages was stamped and sign by 2 bank officials pls NL can he use d statement of account.
its urgent pls respond thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lagospussi: 4:20pm On Aug 26, 2009
it is better you leave the balace at that !did you apply for student point base? iof so , just leave the money klike that dont touch it
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by taryour(f): 4:23pm On Aug 26, 2009
@ybab according to my account officer she said banker will dislose som1 account balance 2 a second party for a personal account unless thru court order the embassy can only ask for the genuity of d doc and confirm if the account holder really exist
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 5:06pm On Aug 26, 2009
@ iz2much my best mate just got called for his, took 6days (working), Pray Hard, you will be fine as long as you covered everything needed! All d best
[quote][/quote]

@£a$y

Thank u, u dnt know hw relieved i am ryte now
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jossy26: 5:09pm On Aug 26, 2009
pls NL i need help for my friend who wants to apply for a uk student visa tomoro the statement of account given to him at the bank is without the bank logo every oda details is presnt and d statement is stamped and signed by 2 bank officials on every page.pls can she use such account statement?thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 5:37pm On Aug 26, 2009
@jossy26

Are u sure it is not fake! cuz if it not i guess it will carry the Bank name and the logo,

oluwole is seriously @ work
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by GEW: 5:40pm On Aug 26, 2009
ybab:

does anyone know if really the embassy calls the bank to verify the total money (closing credit balance) in a genuine bank statement submitted to them?
they do for selected suspicious few.
taryour:

@ybab according to my account officer she said banker will dislose som1 account balance 2 a second party for a personal account unless thru court order the embassy can only ask for the genuity of d doc and confirm if the account holder really exist
your banker difinately told you a lie. in some cases that is if not in most they will be asked to confirm figures. if that was true you are saying holding an account is enough reason to issue a visa.

you raise an enquiry on the status of the person/s and what a better way to know than the turnover and balance.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Osondust: 7:43pm On Aug 26, 2009
@lagospussi.lol, he summited in Ikeja and took ten days. good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by MardiGras: 8:28pm On Aug 26, 2009
Hello all,
I've been going through most of the posts here and i must say you are doing a good job.
I have a problem.
I was giving an unconditional offer to study at the university of york. Initially i was asked to present my passport, waec certificate and transcript showing my first year in uni (as i did not complete my study there) before i could be issued my admission letter.
I could only send the passport and waec as i could not the transcript (ASUU strike). They said i must get the transcript first.
Now today, i saw my admission letter in my box sent by York, telling me congratulations, my student i'd, details of tuition fees and how to pay and all that.
Does it mean i can go ahead and pay. And what do i present at the visa office? Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 8:44pm On Aug 26, 2009
Mardi Gras:

Hello all,
I've been going through most of the posts here and i must say you are doing a good job.
I have a problem.
I was giving an unconditional offer to study at the university of york. Initially i was asked to present my passport, waec certificate and transcript showing my first year in uni (as i did not complete my study there) before i could be issued my admission letter.
I could only send the passport and waec as i could not the transcript (ASUU strike). They said i must get the transcript first.
Now today, i saw my admission letter in my box sent by York, telling me congratulations, my student i'd, details of tuition fees and how to pay and all that.
Does it mean i can go ahead and pay. And what do i present at the visa office? Thanks

You just put all the document you used in getting your admission, WAEC certificate, Add the transcript just to be on the safe side along with other school document, course form,registration and all that. You also need to show funds, Pretty simple, just check the UKBA office website. Good luck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lagospussi: 9:03pm On Aug 26, 2009
Osondust:

@lagospussi.lol, he summited in Ikeja and took ten days. good luck.

@osondust did it take 10 working days or ten days including week ends? im A bit worried.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 9:08pm On Aug 26, 2009
lagospussi:

@osondust did it take 10 working days or ten days including week ends? im A bit worried.

10working days, Weekends dont count MR.!! It's not how far but how well! Just pray to God and you will be fine as long as you've done your homework.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by clintwine(m): 9:30am On Aug 27, 2009
Mardi Gras:

Hello all,
I have a problem.

Hello, i also got from York, but they will issue you a VISA LETTER this letter comes seperately, and only if you have met all what they asked you to send.

Like mine, after sending them all these documents, they asked me to send a scan of my account statement before they can issue the visa letter. This i did before they sent the VISA LETTER.

I think you will be in a good position if you chat with them through mails
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 10:25am On Aug 27, 2009
clintwine:

Hello, i also got from York, but they will issue you a VISA LETTER this letter comes separately, and only if you have met all what they asked you to send.

Like mine, after sending them all these documents, they asked me to send a scan of my account statement before they can issue the visa letter. This i did before they sent the VISA LETTER.

I think you will be in a good position if you chat with them through mails

undecided undecided undecided

which kind UK uni be that?

why should they ask to see scanned copy of personal bank statement before issuing visa letter?

since when did that become a requirement to obtain Tertiary education?  undecided
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by omotifire(m): 9:34am On Aug 28, 2009
Hi everyone in the house. I need ur advice. There is this ATAS certification my course requires which is suppose 2 show on my visa letter. I got 2 kno about it around mid-july which i quickly applied 4. By then, my visa letter had been sent to me, but without the certification on it. On august 4, the ATAS certificate was sent to my email notifying me that my application in my box.A new visa letter was latter sent 2 my email with the certification on it with the message that a hard copy has been posted to me. It is 3wks now and i have not received the visa letter. I have complained 2 the school but they said they have a lot of mails 2 attend 2. I am at a crossroad now. Can i apply with the old visa letter + the print out of the new one and the ATAS certificate
Also i wud like 2 kno how the best way 2 get the receipt of my school fees
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nezerst(f): 9:59am On Aug 28, 2009
15 working days and nothing yet from the
British high commission. Infact i'm fed up with waiting n tracking.
Even visa to heaven no go give me this much stress.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 10:25am On Aug 28, 2009
omotifire:

Hi everyone in the house. I need your advice. There is this ATAS certification my course requires which is suppose 2 show on my visa letter. I got 2 know about it around mid-July which i quickly applied 4. By then, my visa letter had been sent to me, but without the certification on it. On august 4, the ATAS certificate was sent to my email notifying me that my application in my box.A new visa letter was latter sent 2 my email with the certification on it with the message that a hard copy has been posted to me. It is 3wks now and i have not received the visa letter. I have complained 2 the school but they said they have a lot of mails 2 attend 2. I am at a crossroad  now. Can i apply with the old visa letter + the print out of the new one and the ATAS certificate
Also i wud like 2 know how the best way 2 get the receipt of my school fees

Na wa oh.

What is becoming of these UK unis?

A standard university should not rely on Nigeria's postal system for dispatching the visa letter which is ''security document'' (they claim it comes with security features)

After collecting an average of 8000 pounds as school fees, they cannot employ the services of reputable courier companies such as DHL, UPS, courier flight, etc to dispatch visa letters and then give you a tracking number to monitor the delivery  angry angry angry angry

Seems you are taking it cool with that school.
You had better send them strongly worded emails and follow up with series of phone calls.

I will advise you not to go ahead with the old visa letter. Printing the new one sent to you via email wont help either. The embassy wants to see the original (hard copy) visa letter which guarantees you 30points.

Just put more pressure on the school and keep waiting except you want to risk a refusal and dashing BHC 37,700 in visa fees over a mere letter which is due to incompetence on the part of the uni.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 10:35am On Aug 28, 2009
nezerst:

15 working days and nothing yet from the
British high commission. Infact i'm fed up with waiting n tracking.
Even visa to heaven no go give me this much stress.

Dont rely on the online tracking system

Call them on  01-4627090 or 01-4627091 and quote your reference number.

Why not just go down to their office and ask for the status of your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nezerst(f): 10:40am On Aug 28, 2009
Dont rely on the online tracking system

Call them on 01-4627090 or 01-4627091 and quote your reference number.

Why not just go down to their office and ask for the status of your application.

Been there twice last week, Guess i'll just try again.
Thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 1:34pm On Aug 28, 2009
omotifire:

Hi everyone in the house. I need your advice. There is this ATAS certification my course requires which is suppose 2 show on my visa letter. I got 2 kno about it around mid-july which i quickly applied 4. By then, my visa letter had been sent to me, but without the certification on it. On august 4, the ATAS certificate was sent to my email notifying me that my application in my box.A new visa letter was latter sent 2 my email with the certification on it with the message that a hard copy has been posted to me. It is 3wks now and i have not received the visa letter. I have complained 2 the school but they said they have a lot of mails 2 attend 2. I am at a crossroad  now. Can i apply with the old visa letter + the print out of the new one and the ATAS certificate
Also i wud like 2 kno how the best way 2 get the receipt of my school fees

Oi oi,  Everything I used in getting my clearance last week[b] (VISA letter,School fees receipt)[/b]came via attachment (PDF) and i printed them out in BLACK AND WHITE I cant believe your waiting for a VISA letter in mail. Don't you know the Nigeria postal service is not that reliable?? Print what you have out and go submit your Application!!  (mind you 2 of my mate also did the same)
I am sure the one you have must be in PDF file, if not ask them to send it in that mode. All you have to do is find a very good printer and your good to go.  Best of Luck.

lol @nezerst (heaven??), I understand your position but if its not available online its not there. They will ask you if you checked it online, For all I know, there website is up2date, You will have the last laugh by his grace!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by 1004flats: 1:55pm On Aug 28, 2009
£a$y:

Oi oi, Everything I used in getting my clearance last week[b] (VISA letter,School fees receipt)[/b]came via attachment (PDF) and i printed them out in BLACK AND WHITE I cant believe your waiting for a VISA letter in mail. Don't you know the Nigeria postal service is not that reliable?? Print what you have out and go submit your Application!! (mind you 2 of my mate also did the same)
I am sure the one you have must be in PDF file, if not ask them to send it in that mode. All you have to do is find a very good printer and your good to go. Best of Luck.

Each school with it's own rules. Just because you submitted an email attachment of the visa letter and it worked for you does not mean it will work for others.

Some schools send ONLY the draft copy of the visa letter via email with the word DRAFT clearly stated on the background of the letter and also stating that only the hard copy of the visa letter (sent via post) should be submitted to the embassy.

Same for receipt. I know two schools that refused to send school fees receipt via email attachment. It was strictly via post.

Anyway, it's omotifire's call on what he should do.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.