Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,141 members, 7,916,343 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:58 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (307858 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 2:55am On Aug 15, 2009
iz2much:

they are not able to check the bank i used on the central bank's website

thts really a sad experience, which of course is due to no fault of urs, which bank is ur account domiciled? i believe all banks should be on CBN's website, except of course if their is a prob with ur personal account. Have u called your bank to confirm if there is any prob with your account?
NB: pls people with succesful applications which bank did u use? i cant afford the luxury of being rejected over such silly issues as "unverified personal account"
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ytex82(m): 11:59am On Aug 15, 2009
Pls i wil like 2 kno d doc u submitted 4 ur application. Did u submit any doc from ur sponsor- doc like letter of sponsorship, sponsor's statement of acct

@omotifire thanks!actually,under the new point base system u ar not expected to submit any letter from ur financial sponsor.this is why u ar expected to have the fee/maintenance in an account bearing your own name since u ar applying as an adult student(dat is if u ar an adult o).so if u have any body sponsoring u like ur parent or guardian they should transfer this money into ur acct.
however,they school that gave u the admission is ur academic sponsor and u will be required to submit ur visa letter, that is if u have been given an unconditional offer along with ur offer letter.
other documents submitted included,my waec certificate,payment receipt,bank statement signed and stamped,academic transcript,degree certificate.
cheers!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by taryour(f): 1:07pm On Aug 15, 2009
@ all i guess iz2mch usd a microfinance bank acct cos i read 1 of ur post askn for opinions on microfinance.som1 actualy advised u to but ws skeptical mysef dts y i dint rrspond to it.dose microfinance na coperative nd thrift society so my guy try transfer ur fund to an healthy bank like GTB,FIRST,UBA,DIAMOND,STERLING i no dey advert dts d statement from CBN and again dts if u r interested in reapplyin.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by taryour(f): 1:12pm On Aug 15, 2009
@lilbooots,bros tell ur wifey to transfer ur own equivalent to ur personal bank account in your name with that u r rest assured.the new rule dnt ask for au u get the money jst v it.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 7:12pm On Aug 16, 2009
Lilboots:

Abeg, make una try reply me nah!!! Abeg!!
what kind of VISA are yo applying for,, you stated that ur wife has £26K plus in her account , she is a student you said,does she work full time? if not, question would arise for the source of that funds,cos as a student, there aint no way on earth she could have that sum of money in the UK unless someone else is sponsoring her, now if she is being sponsored she cant sponsor you cos she is dependant on another person. does al this help?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Lilboots(m): 12:19am On Aug 17, 2009
@erico2k2 => Thanks for your advice. Obviously she works part- time and the source of the money is not derived from the employment she is into. Even if she was a full time worker, I do not think she would have accumulated such savings in over 2 yrs whilst paying bills etc in the UK. The money (excess of £26K) was paid into her account over 2 yrs ago to carter for her studies e.t.c whilst she also works part time after school. So its not like the lump sum was paid into her account at once recently. Its been there for a long time and on top of that she also earns money and money is going and coming out of her account.
Whilst your observation might be right, erico2k2, I thought the main emphasis with the new rules was on availability of funds. Besides, when u look at her statement of account for the past year she has an income of about £500 plus monthly coming in and also there are outgoings too,but the balance remains at about £26k.
I will be presenting a 6 months recent statements (how many months are u expected to show this days??) which won't show anything abnormal.
I just wonder if there was anything in the arrangement cos I dont wanna have any slip-ups with my dependant visa.
Pls advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by itoro1: 7:39am On Aug 17, 2009
@ytex82,am applying for my student visa 2moro n wud like 2 knw what 2 fill in d accommodation address on the apln form cos i haven`t paid for it yet, also can i hv ur no. or email,i hv some other Qs, THX
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 3:26pm On Aug 17, 2009
taryour:

@ all i guess iz2mch usd a microfinance bank acct cos i read 1 of ur post askn for opinions on microfinance.som1 actualy advised u to but ws skeptical mysef dts y i dint rrspond to it.dose microfinance na coperative nd thrift society so my guy try transfer ur fund to an healthy bank like GTB,FIRST,UBA,DIAMOND,STERLING i no dey advert dts d statement from CBN and again dts if u r interested in reapplyin.

THANK U, THATZ WHAT AM GONNA DO NOW, ANY BODY WHO CAN HELP?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by obitobe: 12:41pm On Aug 18, 2009
please people i need help,
i just checked my uk visa status and it reads IN SCAN AT OC
please what does that mean.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 10:20pm On Aug 18, 2009
obitobe:

please people i need help,
i just checked my uk visa status and it reads IN SCAN AT OC
please what does that mean.
I think it means your VISA is now ready for collection at where you submitted ur passport
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 12:39pm On Aug 19, 2009
erico2k2:

I think it means your VISA is now ready for collection at where you submitted ur passport

Itz insnt ready yet check it in the next few days. lets say 3days max. i was @ the colection centre yesterday and it wasnt funny, hope u prayed

am still battling with my own reveiw now, bt i think we dont have enough PPle to put starter through here, even those who started the thread had deserted the whole thing. itz unfair. pls dont leave us when we needed you guyz most
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by obitobe: 1:20pm On Aug 19, 2009
dear all,
i just want to inform you all that i have collected my Uk student Visa and i was granted.

this are the documents i submitted,

1 visa letter from the school.
2.admission letter from the school
3.acceptance letter from the school.
4 original copies of my birth certificate,wasce certificate,university certificate and transcript.
5 original reciept of payment of school fee
6.confimation of accomodation letter( though my school said i should not pay until i come over)
7.bank statement ( i had only £5961 in my bank account)

Well i want to thank all those who have contributed immensely on this thread they really helped me out in my preparations and all i pray that the good Lord will grant success to every one that has applied or is yet to apply.

Also one more thing please just follow the require of the BHC and be rest assured you will be granted.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by melobiters: 1:51pm On Aug 19, 2009
@obitobe what are you stuing in the university? masters/#?

how much did you pay for your tuition and how much of your tuition fees is left.

eeemmm, did you feel any online form before you submitted? how much is the visa fee

please help me answer all these, i would be very great full. thankis
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Luv4real8: 2:22pm On Aug 19, 2009
Good afternoon all,

Please I seriously need your advise about my visa application. It happens like 5 years ago, I contacted an agent who misled me to increase my age on my passport, I also falsified my marital status, stating I was married when am single. When I applied for the visa I was denied(twice).

Now I felt within me that I cant continue with that false identity so I got the new passport with my real identity but still the same name. I have gotten all the requirements for my student visa application.  What do u suggest I do please. I urgently need your advise,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by econsult(m): 2:24pm On Aug 19, 2009
For God's sake you are literate and you can use the internet .Go and browse .Go to the embassy website u will find some info u relly need
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by obitobe: 2:41pm On Aug 19, 2009
Posted by: melobiters
Insert Quote
@obitobe what are you stuing in the university? masters/#?

how much did you pay for your tuition and how much of your tuition fees is left.

eeemmm, did you feel any online form before you submitted? how much is the visa fee

please help me answer all these, i would be very great full. thankis
well i will be going to the university of surrey to study process and environmental system engineering.
my tution fee is £11400 and i paid £11157.
No i did not fill any online form it was a paper form i filled.
if you are paying at the center you will pay N38200 that is the fee is N37700 plus access charge N500 but if you are paying from the bank(sterling bank) i think you will pay the actual fee which is N37700.i paid at the center.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Luv4real8: 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2009
Hellooooooooooo, Someone should please help me out
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by melobiters: 3:55pm On Aug 19, 2009
@obitobe where did you apply V.I or IKEJA.

how many days did your visa applkication stay for !

please just give me nessary informations , thank you very much !
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kemigh: 4:44pm On Aug 19, 2009
I applied as business vistor visa to attend a 2day training in london.

I was refused as they claim i have no original sponsorship documentation from my uk sponsor. the training organisation scanned the letter of invitation which i printed out (guess that was the flaw).

My guess is that they refer to the training as my sponsor .I am fully employed and submitted all necessary documentation.

I have asked the training centre to send a hard copy to me and the whole point of this mail is that the document wont get here till friday and the training is on the 3rd and 4th of september 2009.

It takes 10-15days to process it and the training centre has sent various mails to the embassy but no reply,

Can anyone help out here as i am getting really frustrated here.

I have paid the course fees and theres just so much strain,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by obitobe: 4:58pm On Aug 19, 2009
@obitobe where did you apply V.I or IKEJA.

how many days did your visa applkication stay for !

please just give me nessary informations , thank you very much !

I applied at Ikeja and it took extactly 10 workings days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by taryour(f): 7:17pm On Aug 19, 2009
guys abeg i v applied for my uk student visa since 3rd of august at the ikeja center and the status on dere tracking site is still showing not ready. its more dan 12days now wats goin on dere na d visa stamp hard to paste on my passport or wat.or shd i visit the center to check mysef? abeg reply ooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 10:16pm On Aug 19, 2009
taryour:

guys abeg i v applied for my uk student visa since 3rd of august at the ikeja center and the status on dere tracking site is still showing not ready. its more dan 12days now wats goin on dere na d visa stamp hard to paste on my passport or wat.or shd i visit the center to check mysef? abeg reply ooo
Did you really have to lazily write this jargon? Please, respect the forum and the users and re-post with a more appropriate English. Thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Luv4real8: 9:41am On Aug 20, 2009
Luv4real8:

Good afternoon all,

Please I seriously need your advise about my visa application. It happens like 5 years ago, I contacted an agent who misled me to increase my age on my passport, I also falsified my marital status, stating I was married when am single. When I applied for the visa I was denied(twice).

Now I felt within me that I cant continue with that false identity so I got the new passport with my real identity but still the same name. I have gotten all the requirements for my student visa application.  What do u suggest I do please. I urgently need your advise,

Please I need someone to advise me about how am going to fill my form. What would I say is the reason why I added to my age and falsified my marital status in the first instance? am just confused.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tjadeba(m): 10:05am On Aug 20, 2009
Dear all,due to the loss of my original WAEC cert, I applied to the school with a photocopy of WAEC certificate/Internet print out of of WAEC result using the WAEC scratch card, because that's what they asked for the admission. I am applying next week with a confirmation of the result sent directly to the BHC by WAEC and also the sworn affidavit from the high court and also a police report for it.What else do you advise because i dont want to penalised for not producing an original certificate.
Thanks and an urgent reply is needed.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by taryour(f): 1:44pm On Aug 20, 2009
@vicjustice,guy pls dnt pick on me afterall m nt d only 1 dt uses pidgin on this thread if u dnt understand my post then ignore it.this is nairaland u cn go start ur own forum with www.englishland.com
thank u
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by taryour(f): 1:51pm On Aug 20, 2009
@tjadeba, i also fell into same scenario wen i 1st applied for my student visa but i was denied cos of waec cert evendough i explained that it as bn misplaced but i dint add police report nd affidavit to mine,since u av dat wt d confirmation of result from waec i think u r gud to go or beta still if u v tym u cn ask ur school to state it categoricaly in ur visa letter dat its ur waec statement of result they assessed to gv u admision and nt original waec cert.i hope dis helps
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 9:48pm On Aug 20, 2009
Hello all, like they say on the USA version of this thread, let switch to celebration mode. I got my Tier 4 today grin after 10 nerve racking days! lol. I must confess your posts helped ,but all thanks to GOD. Prayer is the KEY and after God it's MONEY, £$ I wish I had found this site 3 years ago but it's never too late! hehe For all those waiting for theirs, Best of LUCK and pray HARD! wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tjadeba(m): 6:57pm On Aug 23, 2009
@taryour,
could you please link me up on ayoadebayoy2k@yahoo.com

I have a question that i want to ask, what did you write in support of your WAEC certificate that you did not include in your first application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Osondust: 2:58pm On Aug 25, 2009
Hi All,

My brother applied for UK student visa, the status says Inscan at OC why tracking it. Does any one have an idea what that means or have experience it and being refused or granted visa.

Quick reply please.

thanks,
St
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 3:08pm On Aug 25, 2009
Osondust:

Hi All,

My brother applied for UK student visa, the status says Inscan at OC why tracking it. Does any one have an idea what that means or have experience it and being refused or granted visa.

Quick reply please.

thanks,
St

U DONT JUST POST,U READ OTHER PEOPLE'S COMMENTS. WE DONT HAVE TO ANSWER DIS OVER AND OVER, IT MEANS THEY ARE WORKING ON IT PRESENTLY. GO CHECK IN THE NEXT 2-3DAYS IT WILL BE READY.KEEP US POSTED PLEASE

HOUSE PLEASE HOW LONG WILL MY REVEIW TAKE CUZ I CANT WAIT NO MORE.

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 3:11pm On Aug 25, 2009
Osondust:

Hi All,

Quick reply please.

thanks,
St

U DONT JUST POST,U READ OTHER PEOPLE'S COMMENTS. WE DONT HAVE TO ANSWER DIS OVER AND OVER, IT MEANS THEY ARE WORKING ON IT PRESENTLY. GO CHECK IN THE NEXT 2-3DAYS IT WILL BE READY.KEEP US POSTED PLEASE

HOUSE PLEASE HOW LONG WILL MY REVEIW TAKE CUZ I CANT WAIT NO MORE.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 6:29pm On Aug 25, 2009
@ Osondust the message means it's In scan at the Originating Centre, Check back in a day or 2 or just keep refreshing your system till you find it available! best of Luck

@ iz2much my best mate just got called for his, took 6days (working), Pray Hard, you will be fine as long as you covered everything needed! All d best

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.