Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,973 members, 7,873,126 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:26 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (306976 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 2:00pm On Aug 28, 2009
1004flats:

Each school with it's own rules. Just because you submitted an email attachment of the visa letter and it worked for you does not mean it will work for others.

Some schools send ONLY the draft copy of the visa letter via email with the word DRAFT clearly stated on the background of the letter and also stating that only the hard copy of the visa letter (sent via post) should be submitted to the embassy.

Same for receipt. I know two schools that refused to send school fees receipt via email attachment. It was strictly via post.

Anyway, it's omotifire's call on what he should do.

Point noted, Only just sharing ideas on here, it's always up to the individual to decide.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 9:42am On Aug 29, 2009
hi guy am a civil servant with the with the federal govt with a saving of around a million naira got an admission with university of wolverhampton for msc computer sci also my ride is worth like 750 k should i leave my permant pensionable secure govt job for the u.k with this meltdown and lay off in u.k we watch cnn daily guy need your advice espc guy over there
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by omotifire(m): 8:59am On Aug 30, 2009
Thanks everyone(10004flats, funky baby and £a$y). I really appreciate ur advice. Since gettin the visa letter wit ATAS certification written on it is becomin elusive. Can i apply 4 visa using another school (a lesser uni) visa letter and then wen i get to Uk i'll go 2 that uni of my choice. This is because time is not on my side anymore
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 10:19am On Aug 30, 2009
omotifire:

Thanks everyone(10004flats, funky baby and £a$y). I really appreciate your advice. Since gettin the visa letter wit ATAS certification written on it is becomin elusive. Can i apply 4 visa using another school (a lesser uni) visa letter and then wen i get to Uk i'll go 2 that uni of my choice. This is because time is not on my side anymore

YW omotifire, You are tied to one institution with this new tier4 visa, their license number is written on the VISA so if you want to change UNI, you have to apply again in the UK (which is almost like doing from here too,they have a backlog of application within the UK) , i think you will have to explain yourself to them and all that. Before the tier4 it was really easy to change schools for all I know! if your hell bent on using the original visa letter, why not ask them to send it by DHL or Fedex, wont take that long 3-4days i think. You know sept. is here already so do what you have to do intime. All d best. cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by itoro1: 12:24pm On Sep 01, 2009
@nezerst and taryour : have u gotten ur visas yet?? i saw ur last post that its bn over 10 working days n no response yet, just want 2 knw whats up cos am in d same plight!!!!

@All: any advice is welcome!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by omotifire(m): 6:22pm On Sep 01, 2009
Howdy everybody. My brother won his appeal for his visiting visa in july. Today he was called from the embassy to come tomorrow wt his neccessary doc to enable them give him his visa. Pls what doc is he suppose to take along wt him. He is a final year medical student
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nezerst(f): 9:44pm On Sep 01, 2009
@I-TORO
I'Ve NOT GOTTEN IT YET N I'M TIRED OF CHECKING.
ITS 17 WORKING DAYS ALREADY. WHATEVER HAPPENS HAPPENS.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by itoro1: 8:04am On Sep 02, 2009
@nezerst: 17 what!!! Mine`s just 13 and am wondering whether i filed for the right visa,

@All: Any Input
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by breaka: 10:11am On Sep 02, 2009
i was refused a student visit visa to the UK, now i want to re-apply how long will i wait to do so, got info from a friend in the uk that it up to six months before re-applying and another source from lagos told me that the IMMIGRATION laws has been changed and i can apply in October.

please i need to confirm which is true.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nezerst(f): 10:22am On Sep 02, 2009
@i.toro
working day 18! Got a call from my acc officer that they e.mailed him 2 verify my statemnt yesterday so I guess they've fished out my application from wherever they dumped it. u could call or e.mail them. I did that last week but no go take annoyance curse them cos I was really tempted to do that. Hope they answer me soon cos lecture starts in 12 days.
All d besttest!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nezerst(f): 10:26am On Sep 02, 2009
@ breaka
I think u can apply after I week.
I know sbdy who was refused visa and reapplied after a week n got his visa.
All d best!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 11:20am On Sep 02, 2009
@ breaka, if you're refused a UK visa you can reapply the very next day. I'm just confused that you and most people are making applications without the most basic information 
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ybab: 12:36pm On Sep 02, 2009
nezerst:

@i.toro
working day 18! Got a call from my acc officer that they e.mailed him 2 verify my statemnt yesterday so I guess they've fished out my application from wherever they dumped it. u could call or e.mail them. I did that last week but no go take annoyance curse them cos I was really tempted to do that. Hope they answer me soon cos lecture starts in 12 days.
All d besttest!!!

please, did they also ask your account officer for the total sum of money in your bank account ( after you submitted the application) or if any withdrawal had been made from the account?

kindly ask your account officer and post his response here. thank you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by itoro1: 1:49pm On Sep 02, 2009
@nezerst: THX 4 ur response so far, v even tot my appln lost in transit or sumtin, still hope they`ll attend 2 it 4rm wateva repository or oven they kept it, as per resumption date,mine`s on 21/09, d whole is eating but `ll keep up hopes,
WISH U D BEST OUTCOME!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 3:04pm On Sep 02, 2009
nezerst:

@i.toro
All d besttest!!!

Plz what Bank did u used? cuz i used a Micro Finance Bank.Pplz just keep us undated,k?

I wish everyone of us a happy ending (ofcourse with what we all want coming to our hands)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by breaka: 5:08pm On Sep 02, 2009
@ nezerst thnks,

@ kadman - what basic information, i already wanted to re-apply, then a call from a friend thre who told me this., but thnks anyway.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lagospussi: 6:36pm On Sep 02, 2009
im really fed up with this visa people, up till now i hav not heard any thing about my application. i have tracked and tracked it online and its still *forwarded to britsh high commision*
its upto 10days today . house whats really going on with this guys, do they have system problem or they are just hurding our documents .

my school starts by 16th oh! ah!!!! and i have paid all my fees and accomodation. i have pounds 8120 in my account , what are my chances ,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nrdgeek: 7:36pm On Sep 02, 2009
hey guys, I need ur advice. Ive paid up my course fees but yet to pay for accomodation. I have GBP 5490 in my account. can I still apply for the visa? My school is in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 8:46pm On Sep 02, 2009
lagospussi:

im really fed up with this visa people, up till now i hav not heard any thing about my application. i have tracked and tracked it online and its still *forwarded to britsh high commision*
its upto 10days today . house whats really going on with this guys, do they have system problem or they are just hurding our documents .

my school starts by 16th oh! ah!!!! and i have paid all my fees and accomodation. i have pounds 8120 in my account , what are my chances ,

You have £8120 in your account after paying all fees & accomdation ? Whoa,looks like you don't have any problem at all. As for your application,it's only been 10 days. It says 10 working days,which means 14 normal days. And if it takes longer it is your fault. . you made your application at rush period late August. So be patient.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 8:49pm On Sep 02, 2009
nrd_geek:

hey guys, I need your advice. Ive paid up my course fees but yet to pay for accommodation. I have GBP 5490 in my account. can I still apply for the visa? My school is in Aberdeen, Scotland.

Yes standardly you can apply,but biko abeg put small more money in your account,try and make it £6,000 just to show you are comfortbale and because of ffluctuatingexchange rate. That's what I did.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lagospussi: 10:01pm On Sep 02, 2009
@kadman i really f***kd up to have submitted this period. but i am giving God the priase for every thing. i hope it comes out good! .

i have been rejected 2wice last year sha! so my passport has been stamped like 2wice( rejected, rejected) so i am scared!!!!!!!!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by breaka: 10:19pm On Sep 02, 2009
@ lagospussi

it takes 15 working days to process your appln.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lagospussi: 6:03am On Sep 03, 2009
breaka:

@ lagospussi

it takes 15 working days to process your appln.

how do know. did you get yours in 15 working days? emmmm, Jesus ! i think we should have a prayer thread for the visa people , because them don too surfer me. na only prayer fit hel now.!

ah!ah! emmmm, has anyone been granted lately, as in the last 2 weeks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by breaka: 8:35am On Sep 03, 2009
@ lagospussi

No one has been granted in 12 day.

mine took 15 working, i also confirmed d time from someone in d embs.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ybab: 9:48am On Sep 03, 2009
I have just tracked my application online and i was told that mine is ready for collection.

Today makes it the 12th working day.

Please what is the stipulated collection time at VFS, victoria island? thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by dolphin22: 10:10am On Sep 03, 2009
please can the bank give information to the embassy regarding a bank balance without asking for permission from the account owner.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tkb417(m): 10:16am On Sep 03, 2009
i dont think they give bank balances to embassy

what the embassy does is to send a copy of the statement to the audit and clearance dept to verify is the claims are fine. what the bank will do is to say OK or NOT OK
nobody discloses bank balances

thts what i know sha
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tkb417(m): 10:18am On Sep 03, 2009
which kind UK uni be that?

why should they ask to see scanned copy of personal bank statement before issuing visa letter?

since when did that become a requirement to obtain Tertiary education
hi funkybaby
long time. Actually tot u took a walk from NL, didnt know ure still repping

anyway, pls, how do i reach you on email or how do i pass a mssg to you?
ill probably tell a mod to send my email to you

got some questions for you

thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 10:51am On Sep 03, 2009
tkb417:

hi funkybaby
long time. Actually tot u took a walk from NL, didnt know ure still repping

anyway, pls, how do i reach you on email or how do i pass a mssg to you?
ill probably tell a mod to send my email to you

got some questions for you

thanks

hello tkb.
Yeah, long time.

I do log-in here just that i have not really been active in posting as i used to.

I got the private message from the mod. I will send you a mail now.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tkb417(m): 11:02am On Sep 03, 2009
funkybaby:

hello tkb.
Yeah, long time.

I do log-in here just that i have not really been active in posting as i used to.

I got the private message from the mod. I will send you a mail now.
ok funky
i replied your email already
thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by olaj2: 11:20am On Sep 03, 2009
@ybab

The collection time is between 3pm and 5pm.

Was the 12th day from date of submission or the day after?[quote][/quote]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 12:32pm On Sep 03, 2009
collection time is between 2pm and 5pm

http://www.ukvac-ng.com/applying.aspx

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.