Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,344 members, 7,888,098 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:11 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (307310 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Fineone2yk(m): 12:36pm On Sep 03, 2009
pleae im here to ask a question to this particuler topic, why is it that no one talk on here again?please im new in this site and i want a very good friend ok, im from nigeria, i play football here in my country nigeria, but no oppotunity to play outside the country, everything is stargnant here in my fatherland, im ashamed of my fatherland not my intention to be ashamed but bcs of too much sufering, i realy want to go to canada or any place to go to school play my football, im 23yrs old im cute im not urgly, my email adress is, fineone2yk@yahoo.com,i dont know if i have any reply how to see it here if is going to show me when i logg in or not and that is why i put my mail id, and my number is 2348036348188, please i can aford the ticket but i dnt have money to purchase 4 my visa, here is nigeria u cant legaly get ur visa u must have big money or ur connected, but as for me, i dnt have any body, i dnt even know if i have my self not to talk of having somebody, please i can serve any body as his or her boy,i can do any thing my father is late, i have no helping hand, thanks this wonderful site i love the site i value it much, i know good people still exist in this world and that is what motiveted me to write here, thanks, please do not ignore me please im begging in the name of the allmighty one, i dnt ask 4 money but a way that will help me atleast to meet to my kid ones needs,

my name is
FRANKLIN

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 12:46pm On Sep 03, 2009
If you've tracked,and it's ready waka in anytime jare
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ybab: 4:06pm On Sep 03, 2009
i have gone to pick up package at VFS.

my student visa application was successful. 12 working days !

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY !
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by olaj2: 4:28pm On Sep 03, 2009
ybab:

i have gone to pick up package at VFS.

my student visa application was successful. 12 working days !

TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY !

Congrats!

When and where did u apply cos I applied on Aug 19th and Im yet to receive a response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 4:43pm On Sep 03, 2009
@lagospussi

wat had been the reason 4 the rejection? let us know plz.

so where do you apply and which agent did u used. i pray u, i and any other pple been refused b4 will be refused again. i felt odd saying am been refused, i pray my reveiw will come out positive.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 4:48pm On Sep 03, 2009
@lagospussi

wat had been the reason 4 the rejection? let us know plz.

so where do you apply and which agent did u used. i pray u, i and any other pple been refused b4 wnt be refused again. i felt odd saying am been refused, i pray my reveiw will come out positive.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nezerst(f): 5:17pm On Sep 03, 2009
Working day 19!!! still no show(Abi na because I get pikin).
Applications are usually from 3 to 10 wrking days.
They dnt ask for balance, they only asked my acc officer to verify the satement.
I don tire, lecture starts in 11 days.
A beg make them give me my passport make I follow my plan b.
All d best guys.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2009
nezerst:

Working day 19!!! still no show(Abi na because I get pikin).
Applications are usually from 3 to 10 wrking days.
They dnt ask for balance, they only asked my acc officer to verify the satement.
I don tire, lecture starts in 11 days.
A beg make them give me my passport make I follow my plan b.
All d best guys.

At least you know they contacted your bank,which means they are working on it. Everyone is resuming this month so they are swamped with application,they always say it - Apply in July before rush period if you want your visa in time. Now you gotta wait it out.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lagospussi: 6:38pm On Sep 03, 2009
@iz2much i was refused last year based on the reson that i did not submit eveidence of my sponsors income.(that was last year doe) before this point based system.

but i hope this comes out good. i applied onthe 20th of agust ,and up till now no show , i am even tired of tracking this visa online . i just want to take my mind of it but i cant . i just need to be in the uk this year man ,! really i need to be there.its like ikeja center is really slow in processing this application to brisht commision. i think V.I is faster.

@ybab how much did you pay and what was in your account .please tell us so we would know .at least you are the first in this forum to get a visa in the last 2weeks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 10:35pm On Sep 03, 2009
@nezerest, God is in control, its taking so long but there's nothing you can do,  so just I am praying everything works out for you! I think applying early is the key but let's not go back on that,

@ iz2much, This will be the week oh for you, God is in control

@ybab! Congratulation,  get ready for some delay at the airport! lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lagospussi: 7:28am On Sep 04, 2009
DAY 15 ! still no news . ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh, i tired of tracking this application! i now know all my reference number off head.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ybab: 9:37am On Sep 04, 2009
ola-j:

Congrats!
When and where did u apply cos I applied on Aug 19th and Im yet to receive a response.
lagospussi:

@ybab how much did you pay and what was in your account .please tell us so we would know .at least you are the first in this forum to get a visa in the last 2weeks.

I also applied on the 19th of August. Total waiting period: 12 working days.

I paid my tuition fees in full and my accommodation deposit which was less than 500 pounds. I had over 2 million naira in my personal account and i also submitted my parents bank statement which also had over 2 million naira.

i must say a big thank you to funkybaby. i sent her and email and she responded to all my enquiries. she told me how to fill the forms properly. she told me how to package and group my documents together and paste sticker notes on each bunch. she also advised me to apply at victoria island rather than ikeja because they handle applications faster. this she said might be due to the proximity of VFS to the embassy at walter carrington. all these she did without collecting a dime or even meeting her in person. the agent the university directed me to wanted to charge me 50,000 naira for ''visa consultancy'' (bloody thieves)

i did not include any receipt of payment from the school neither did i include any bank teller showing i had done any bank transfer. i presented the original hardcopy visa letter to them and also copies of email correspondences between myself and the finance department of the university.

i also have a good travel history as i am a frequent traveler to the UK and evidence was seen in my passport.

Once again, i give all the Glory to God
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by olaj2: 2:50pm On Sep 04, 2009
Thank GOD. Got my visa today.

Want to thank God and all NL that their posts assisted me on this thread.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 4:19pm On Sep 04, 2009
ola-j:

Thank GOD. Got my visa today.

Want to thank God and all NL that their posts assisted me on this thread.

Congrats! Now it's celebration mode, waiting for nezerest and iz2much to come with good news!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 4:26pm On Sep 04, 2009
@ola-j

am happy 4 u.

@ybab

my agent too 50,000 from me for the so call visa couselling. instead they gave me expired form 2 fill and all the unnessary document. when i got there, i was sent back cuz i filled the wrong forms. i have to start again then. i was so stressed out cuz i travelled al the way from iloin to Ibadan centre cuz that where i submitted. i will have a good story @ the end. anyway am happy 4 u

@lagospussi
am tried too,bt when we ave faith that itz turning out well, then it worth the wait.

@£a$y

thank u so much 4 all your support. they reply my mail recently from the embassy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by hackerpete: 6:58pm On Sep 04, 2009
tracting day 15 ! and working day 11. my visa is ready for collection. i just checked it online now. i did not check it early i would have gone to collect the application.so i need to wait til monday. Gosh !! i so happy the visa is ready fpr collection .

NAIRALNAD PLEASE PRAY FOR ME THAT THE VISA SHOULD BE SUCCESSFULL. PLEASE PLEASE,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lagospussi: 7:01pm On Sep 04, 2009
tracting day 15 ! and working day 11. my visa is ready for collection. i just checked it online now. i did not check it early i would have gone to collect the application.so i need to wait til monday. Gosh !! i so happy the visa is ready fpr collection .

NAIRALNAD PLEASE PRAY FOR ME THAT THE VISA SHOULD BE SUCCESSFULL. PLEASE PLEASE, me . PRAY FOR ME NAIRALAND.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nezerst(f): 11:22pm On Sep 04, 2009
Working day 20!! Same old story!!!
I should be in Guiness book.

@ Easy
Thanks a lot, actually started out early but it took these guys at Uni Glasgow 2 months 2 send my receipt.

@lagospussi
M jealous n happy 4 u, hope its successful
dnt 4get to share d news
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by chidson: 4:31am On Sep 06, 2009
pls any one with the right advise should pls help out. I just got an offer in uk uni now and am thinking of paying some part of my fee as they stipulated and proceed to making visa application how possible it is as my school will be starting by 21/09/09. also I was told that I need to have the money am using for the visa appl in my own account how tru it is and can I open and account now and deposit the money in there for the visa. I learnt they are saying i need only to proof that i have enough money and that it may not necessary stay 28 days. what procedure do I need now. kindly help out. God bless you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lagospussi: 4:51am On Sep 06, 2009
@chidson its kinda late! but if you can get a letter from your school stating that you can resume after 21 ,then its ok.

but first you reaally dont need to hve that money in your own account , the procedure has been re amended , you can you a sponsor, but i think it sreally late for you to apply , just go next year . okay?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by chidson: 5:24am On Sep 06, 2009
Thanks for your care and reply. next year may not be ok i think if the school will give that letter then I will proceed to it .it may be a week later or earlier dont you think so. if you are online then we will chat it up at ambassadorchidi@yahoo.com
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Ceekay(m): 6:33am On Sep 06, 2009
Hi all, i got admission to study biochemistry at london met. Tuition fee is £8200. I want to apply for visa. How much do i need to have in my account to apply. Please its urgent as lectures start on 24th! How much do i need to have in my account? Does it need to cover for feeding and accommodation? Can i pay only half the fees? Do i just need to present an account even though its not really my money. So many questions. Please help me, this is my future. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by itoro1: 10:32am On Sep 07, 2009
Ceekay:

Hi all, i got admission to study biochemistry at london met. Tuition fee is £8200. I want to apply for visa. How much do i need to have in my account to apply. Please its urgent as lectures start on 24th! How much do i need to have in my account? Does it need to cover for feeding and accommodation? Can i pay only half the fees? Do i just need to present an account even though its not really my money. So many questions. Please help me, this is my future. Thanks

[center][size=14pt]@ceekay: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf5students but i`ll advice to defer ur admission 2 Jan 2010 cos visa processes won`t favor ur 24th at all undecided undecided

@ALL : Still waiting, still the same message, is the British high commission on Strike or Break?
[/size][/center]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nrdgeek: 10:40am On Sep 07, 2009
@kadman, thanks for ur earlier reply. I actually had N1.4m in my own account- which is just a little above the required maintenance fee. I've included my dad's statement with it; it's a little above N4m. I guess that would suffice.

Okay, so I submitted my visa application on Thursday, 3rd September. Its been 4 full days and 2 working days. Guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and wish the Abuja application centre would be faster than Lagos.  shocked

Hey! is there a direct flight to Aberdeen, ? or do I have to fly to London and then pick a train to Aberdeen?
Just feeling confident my application will come through, you know? a mans gotta be prepared now-with the cold weather gear and stuff- u know what I'm saying,   wink *grins*
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 12:03pm On Sep 07, 2009
There aint no direct flight, you got to go to London or gathwick Airport then Pick a train, actually it would be london as gathwick is too southern.or better still you can catch a flight from london to arbaden grin grin,keep being positive, dont ever under estimate the power of positive thinking, good luck,Im praying for you too wink @ nrd_geek
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2009
A friend of mine had a 10 year travel ban to the uk imposed on her because she accidentally submitted conflicting information on her visa form.

It had to do with the whereabouts of her previous passports as she had been previously denied a visa while she was a student.

Her brother submitted an appeal at the AIT in the UK which was turned down because he also had incorrect information at the time. The passport was expired but her brother said it was lost at the appeal.

Is there a possibility of a second appeal? She has admission to study in the UK but the only thing stopping her is the travel Ban. Her elder brother studied (BSC & MSc) in the UK and her younger brother is also in the UK studying. Her parents also have valid visas but the issue remains that of the ban.

I wish I could help, but I'm also limited in knowledge of the appeal process. I have a 5-year uk visa.

Please help.

ahonohai sad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by European: 4:00pm On Sep 07, 2009
she cannot appeal twice, you only have one appeal, if it states you may appeal. In some cases you have no appeal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2009
European:

she cannot appeal twice, you only have one appeal, if it states you may appeal. In some cases you have no appeal.

She said something about the appeal process being changed and that she was told that she would need to make a personal representation to the authorities to reconsider the case. How true is this?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lagospussi: 4:16pm On Sep 07, 2009
i just want to say BIG thank you to GoD . I got my student visa today. im so hapy i got it . please help me call GOD and thank him, or leave a voice mail for him . i thank God so much , i am going to ukkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

school: southampton solent university

course: Msc Electronic engineer

i was rejected twice last year ,. But i got it now . am happy. Im ready for the oyiboss . uk, please welcome me .hahahhaha
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by nezerst(f): 5:00pm On Sep 07, 2009
@ Lagospussi
So happy 4 ya!
Hope mine comes out positive!
All d best n uk!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lagospussi: 5:08pm On Sep 07, 2009
thanks men! your will definetly be positive.

just pray to God.

i very happy right now. will get high this nigth!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Ceekay(m): 8:18pm On Sep 07, 2009
Thanks to everyone in this thread. I've read the way you profer solutions to peoples problem and rejoice with them when they find it. Thanks also to i-toro for the link. This ASUU Strike wrecked me. I needed to collect my transcript of my first year (i did just 2years and got fed up with naija education) as part of my documents for my admission at londonmet but i could not. Now i no longer have time on my hands sad
I-toro mentioned something about deferment. I believe if you defer your admission it lasts for 1 year (i.e till september 2010)? Or isnt it so? London met are among the Very Few uni's in uk thathave january admission but that is part time, and a course like mine that should last for 3years will now last for 4.
Please for those of you in the uk can you explain the advantages or disadvantages of part time. Would it be wise to defer till sept 2010 or seek january admission. Please advice me embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (145)

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.