Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,033 members, 7,949,505 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 11:47 AM

What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? (20585 Views)

Man Proposes To His Girlfriend In Egbeda Market In Lagos (photo) / The Trick I Used On My Girlfriend In Order To Know She's Been Cheating On Me / How To Get Your Girlfriend In The Mood In 30 Seconds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by egift(m): 6:24pm On May 08, 2013
I had wished that friendship between two people will just be about loving and motivating one another, hopefully lead to a permanent relationship (in marriage). But as I have observed over the years, having a girl friend is getting costlier by the day.

The guy is just a boy-friend, not even a husband.

This thread is aimed for us to build a comprehensive list of what we have come to observed as responsibilities, demands, expenses, pressures, roles, positions, and expectations that our men have been going through today just because they got a girl-friend.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by egift(m): 6:25pm On May 08, 2013
The List

1. She will request to take you out, you will fund the entire outing.
2. You buy a better phone for her, BIS, recharge cards and still be the one to be calling.
3. During festive seasons, you don't take a gift to her - you actually funded the expenditures before the event.
4. The guy becomes responsible for her academic expenditures.
5. Depending on her family financial ability the guy becomes responsible for every one else.
6. If the guy has a car - welcome the new "taxi".
7. The guy is converted to Automated Teller Machine for all her expenditures.
8. Lose of useful hours that could have been used in pursuing life's goals.
9. Impulsive expenses that may likely not have been factored in the guy's budget.
10. Poor saving habits - especially for those who do not take cognizance of what the spend on their girlfriends.
11. Unnecessary heartbreaks when the lady finally leave you.
12. Possibility of contacting terminal diseases.
13. Coming under undue and avoidable pressures.
14. Lack of concentration at work and other engagements
15. Subjection to premature nagging and emotional traumas.
16. Having emergency marriage due to unwanted pregnancy.
17. Struggling to support someone else when the guy can barely stand on his own.

NOTE:
- Items on this list may not apply in a single instance but is widespread.
- I will be updating this list as you post your comments.
- For the cost of having a boy friend, that is a case for another thread.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 08, 2013
Why dont you tell us how much you spent on your girl and leave other out of it!

Besides what kind of man you be sef! if a girl is too expensive for you then leave her. abi na by force?

12 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by headtoto: 6:45pm On May 08, 2013
OP. shame on you. A guy should be able to spend anything on her woman without making a public show out of it.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by egift(m): 6:46pm On May 08, 2013
aanumama: Why dont you tell us how much you spent on your girl and leave other out of it!

Besides what kind of man you be sef! if a girl is too expensive for you then leave her. abi na by force?

I don't believe its an isolated case....babe you can contribute to this topic by outlining some of benefits/expectations from your boy friend or the ones you have observed.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Caracta(f): 7:11pm On May 08, 2013
head_to_to: OP. shame on you. A guy should be able to spend anything on her woman without making a public show out of it.
grin grin grin

@OP, Making an issue out of nothing. Did anybody force the girl on you? Na una type dey carry handbags for girls...worshipping the ground they step on. Only cowards whine and complain over petty things. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen! I don't blame you sha, i blame all those pepeye girls that make a man their ATM. What a shame!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Soferkizzy007: 7:12pm On May 08, 2013
I agree joor....some girls na thief!!!! grin

14 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by egift(m): 8:01pm On May 08, 2013
Important Emphases:
- Parents give birth only to the number of children you can raise.
- Take good care of your girl-child and provide for all her needs.
- Guy, give to your sisters - so they don't get exploited outside just for BIS recharge, Brazilian hairs, etc.
- Ladies live within your means.
- Guys tell your girlfriend the truth about what you have. Do not try to impress her by claiming what you are not.

22 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Caracta(f): 8:05pm On May 08, 2013
Gbam!

Ladies, live within your means. Live within your means! Chei!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Enegod(m): 8:21pm On May 08, 2013
the op ia very serious about this....more list!
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:22pm On May 08, 2013
I don't recall having any list, i tell my babe how it is, if am broke she knows and i don't hide it because that is what relationship is all about. There are times i had to cancel dates because No access to a car, and she has suggested Bus so many times,I don't know what foundation your relationship is based on, but mine is based on openness. that's why i love my babe kiss

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by egift(m): 8:42pm On May 08, 2013
pc guru: I don't recall having any list, i tell my babe how it is, if am broke she knows and i don't hide it because that is what relationship is all about. There are times i had to cancel dates because No access to a car, and she has suggested Bus so many times,I don't know what foundation your relationship is based on, but mine is based on openness. that's why i love my babe kiss

I like that. Guys especially those who are not very buoyant should not be ashamed to split the bill with their girl friend. That way she can put her demands in check. Whenever you have enough, you can throw in surprises.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 08, 2013
Because trust me,there's nothing more nerve wrecking than trying to impress a girl with material stuff, you can't keep up and when you do keep up, you get scared not to go below your standard else you might lose one to someone else, that's a terrible way to live. So I just tell any girl straight up the way it is, and maybe also at this my "age" grin, it is expected that my dating life should be more matured.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by egift(m): 9:03pm On May 08, 2013
Guys, if you love her so much to empty your bank account, just marry her abeg. If not don't spend your future trying to reinvent Romeo. Tomorrow if she see a man who is ready, off she goes and get married.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Godson201333(m): 10:15pm On May 08, 2013
Caracta:
grin grin grin

@OP, Making an issue out of nothing. Did anybody force the girl on you? Na una type dey carry handbags for girls...worshipping the ground they step on. Only cowards whine and complain over petty things. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen! I don't blame you sha, i blame all those pepeye girls that make a man their ATM. What a shame!

Lol are you part of them,Why do girls turn themselves to beggars like say dem no get papa,Una no dey shame self!I get brain sha i know how i dey scope dem.#eatandrun#

14 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 08, 2013
*yawns* if true, then my Babe aint a Nigerian!! cool

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Scarpon(m): 10:28pm On May 08, 2013
@op Nigeria girls are a death trap if am lying ask 190

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by egift(m): 10:41pm On May 08, 2013
Judinho59: *yawns* if true, then my Babe aint a Nigerian!! cool

Do share your experience. She no dey demand anything?
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by egift(m): 12:01am On May 09, 2013
Some other consequences having a girl friend these days are emergency marriage and unwanted pregnancies.

She may even get pregnant elsewhere and get you robed in it since you already have a running affair.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by vizboy(m): 11:04am On May 09, 2013
Who says love dont cost a thing try am with naija babe

5 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by dmcdad: 11:20am On May 09, 2013
aanumama: Why dont you tell us how much you spent on your girl and leave other out of it!

Whats the meaning of too expensive? Was the girl picked up from a Boutique? Lol

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by bright87: 11:57am On May 09, 2013
She just spent the night at my place and I gave her 70 Naira for bike fare while she was leaving in the morning, simply because I don't have cash at home.. funny ! but simply the fact. It all depends on how u start a relationship, as for me I am very open that i can talk about anything with my babe... I don't have to kill myself when i dont have and when i have she knows what am capable of.. Relationships shouldn't be a burden, it should be about freedom of the heart and mind towards your partner, but when you build a relationship on pretense, trying to impress someone; this is what you get ! Always start a relationship being your real self not trying to be what you are not. The funny thing was that I even made fun of her while given her the money and asked her to give me back some change when next we meet.. she was laughing uncontrollably, she had some money though but she didn't have change she just needed the change to take bike to her work place. Am not trying to say she is a perfect girl, but to the guys; learn to do away with a girl who can't accept you for who you are. Learn to make fun of things that should have seem obvious and run away from Gals who form a lot coz in most cases lots of them are from very very poor homes/families. The only thing that should be of burden to any young guy is how to make money and not how to please a girl who truly don't deserve it...

27 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by ezemoses(m): 12:05pm On May 09, 2013
Guy i know a lady who would not cost you even 10 kobo to date her but she needs your attention all the time. she is a good girl, working class. tell me if u want

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by egift(m): 12:07pm On May 09, 2013
Girlfriend is certainly expensive. Not recommended for any guy still struggling to have a stable income. If you like punny that much, Go And Marry.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by dmcdad: 1:14pm On May 09, 2013
bright87: She just spent the night at my place and I gave her 70 Naira for bike fare while she was leaving in the morning, simply because I don't have cash at home.. funny ! but simply the fact. It all depends on how u start a relationship, as for me I am very open that i can talk about anything with my babe... I don't have to kill myself when i dont have and when i have she knows what am capable of.. Relationships shouldn't be a burden, it should be about freedom of the heart and mind towards your partner, but when you build a relationship on pretense, trying to impress someone; this is what you get ! Always start a relationship being your real self not trying to be what you are not. The funny thing was that I even made fun of her while given her the money and asked her to give me back some change when next we meet.. she was laughing uncontrollably, she had some money though but she didn't have change she just needed the change to take bike to her work place. Am not trying to say she is a perfect girl, but to the guys; learn to do away with a girl who can't accept you for who you are. Learn to make fun of things that should have seem obvious and run away from Gals who form a lot coz in most cases lots of them are from very very poor homes/families. The only thing that should be of burden to any young guy is how to make money and not how to please a girl who truly don't deserve it...
Gbam!!! You are on point. Thats exactly my kinda mentality...

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by DollyParton1(f): 3:39pm On May 09, 2013
What sort of question is this? So girls have been turned to a commodity with price tag.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:39pm On May 09, 2013
.... Thank God I don quickly take dis position.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 09, 2013
B4 it was only wkend i spend morning for hair om them. Since GSM enter naija hmmm u to give give & give to make them happy.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:46pm On May 09, 2013
Dolly-Parton:
What sort of question is this? So girls have been turned to a commodity with price tag.

THE LAST TIME I CHECKED IT WAS THE GIRLS THAT PUT A TAG ON THEMSELVES AND CONVERTED THEMSELVES TO COMMODITIES TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER IT DONT MATTER IF THE HIGHEST BIDDERS IS A CLOWN, AN OVERAGED BABA, OR A PIG AS LONG AS IT /HE/ SHE CAN PAY

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Maisuya1: 3:49pm On May 09, 2013
to get an accurate answer u need to specify the unit of measurement u want ur reply in;

is it in metric tonnes, in Naira, in Airtime recharge, realtime spent etc.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by 53cur3m0d3(m): 3:50pm On May 09, 2013
Cost of having a girlfriend in Nigeria?
I really don't kno cos even tho we've broken up since January 2012, I'm stil paying...

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Am Sick, So My Boyfriend Left Me To Go Clubbing / Show Me Your 'eggplant' Challenge Currently Happening On Nigerian Twitter Space / Sex Tape Of A Secondary School Girl And Her Lover Leaked Online (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.