Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,877 members, 7,876,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:12 PM

What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? (20492 Views)

Man Proposes To His Girlfriend In Egbeda Market In Lagos (photo) / The Trick I Used On My Girlfriend In Order To Know She's Been Cheating On Me / How To Get Your Girlfriend In The Mood In 30 Seconds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by dmcdad: 11:26pm On May 09, 2013
lorretta u: Pls poor guyz shouldn't come out here and try to talk down on Nigerian ladies.I know I've dated a broke ass nigger for some years I loved him for real.and I also know a lot of girls who date broke boys loving them with all their hearts.
Don't no body get me upset now before seun will say I broke some of his rules.cos I'll put any confused broke boy in his place right now.
#themtalkingnonsensecostheyarebroke#
I am broke and so? Does that mean I shouldn't air my view to whatever that comes to the fore? C'mon
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by ohaleoghene(f): 11:30pm On May 09, 2013
Orikinla: It depends on your choice.

Poor girls are the most expensive, because they are your financial liabilities.
But rich girls may challenge you to live up to their expectations.
I have been with poor ghetto girls and I have dated daughters of diplomats and millionaires and sincerely I prefer the rich girls, because most of them are well bred. But most of the poor girls behave like dogs.

I am from poor home , so to say if that is what you guys call it , but have never lost my worth before any guy , as I often look beyond the paper . To me , my self respect first *little wonder my ex is still crying like a baby just to have me back *

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by dmcdad: 11:34pm On May 09, 2013
ohaleoghene:

I am from poor home , so to say if that is what you guys call it , but have never lost my worth before any guy , as I often look beyond the paper . To me , my self respect first *little wonder my ex is still crying like a baby just to have me back *
For your mind...

Anyways thats good. That's if you're real and sincere about that. ...
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by sirtimileyin(m): 1:09am On May 10, 2013
[hmmm... If d foundation is destroyed, wot can the guy do From day1 let her knw ur financial status. If she can cope fine, if not let her go hug transforma. Guys just be ursef

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by loswhite(m): 1:19am On May 10, 2013
snadguy007: I just want to start datimg a girl now, any advice for me??
grin fleeeeeeeee

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:20am On May 10, 2013
egift: I had wished that friendship between two people will just be about loving and motivating one another, hopefully lead to a permanent relationship (in marriage). But as I have observed over the years, having a girl friend is getting costlier by the day.

The guy is just a boy-friend, not even a husband.

This thread is aimed for us to build a comprehensive list of what we have come to observed as responsibilities, demands, expenses, pressures, roles, positions, and expectations that our men have been going through today just because they got a girl-friend.

What do u want a generic list from NL forum for? What's your real agenda man? If you like anyone go find out what it would take to be with her, there is no “one price fits all”

Anyways, how much money you are going to spend will invariably depend on your other assets. If you were “boy candy” you would find that girls would even want to cater to your financial needs. If a girl honestly likes a guy, for whatever reason (looks, smarts, sophistication), she wouldn't want to risk chasing him away with unreasonable demands. But mugus are a dime a dozen -and as long as a girl is still “in style”, there's always going to be a guy she's not so hot about that's willing to try to buy her affection with money. This guy would either go on to brag about being able to afford a high maintenance chick or eventually get frustrated and resort to girl bashing (either way, we will get to hear about it on Nairaland) Money truly cannot buy love, it can only get you a lease on it - for as long as you can afford it.

So ask yourself and answer truthfully: are you her boyfriend or something other? If you're not, just do yourself a favour: move on to someone whom you can impress with your personality and other mad skills.

If, on the other hand, you are the boyfriend, your spending will be comensurate with your worth and your values (ranging from zilch to extravagant). If you're the old fashioned kind and you believe a man should provide his woman`s needs and you got the means......well. Some people have issues with guys doing that for women they're not married to but it works. Might be immoral but so is premarital sex, it all still happens. Values!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by loswhite(m): 1:33am On May 10, 2013
coefoe: May be I need to say this! Women are the most compassionate, considerate, and understanding beings God created. When our man is plain and open to us, we don't expect beyond his means. For example if your gf/wife knows your monthly take home/income, I bet you, she will never demand for outrageous things that are beyond your ability.
The key is being truthful. Stop bragging! Let your partner know your capability, and you will be fine...
grin I guess she will b d one to define my ability based on my monthly take home abi
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by loswhite(m): 1:34am On May 10, 2013
aigjoey: Heyy , my last girlfriend almost kill me with her hair making. There was no type of weavon i did not bye her. She was so crazy about weavons, expensive once for that matter. Thank God , she gone for good.
And my present girl friend is carrying a low cut, i am so happy for this. I give her money anytime , anyhour to cut her hair. And she is not a begger like others
badt guy
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by loswhite(m): 1:40am On May 10, 2013
Orikinla: It depends on your choice.

Poor girls are the most expensive, because they are your financial liabilities.
But rich girls may challenge you to live up to their expectations.
I have been with poor ghetto girls and I have dated daughters of diplomats and millionaires and sincerely I prefer the rich girls, because most of them are well bred. But most of the poor girls behave like dogs.

only u daughters of millionaires and diplomats hmmmmmm dat is dem plenty o. Playboy
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:50am On May 10, 2013
oneangle:

SHe go soon show you the real side.. mark my word today.. Wait did you pick her up from the village ? its just a mata of time ja we..
Eya the thig dey pain you like this, also she,s free to act anyhow or break up with me , aye o pare, meaning its not the end of life. Dont worry you too go see good girl. Pc guru aint got time for high maintenanfe babes i,ve got siblings to look after.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by coputa(m): 6:01am On May 10, 2013
Having a girl friend goes beyond monetary cost...it is a give and take form of contract,..if you like what i have (money,beauty or influence ) you have to pay for it,thats why you can hardly find true love in a relathonship....some of the cost are : poverty,divorce,heartbreak,sexually transmited diseases,betrayals and death..
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by ebukav(m): 6:01am On May 10, 2013
Guys I nid una help, dis is dis girl I like so much she actually a cousin to my frd, I brought her a phone, I do any tin dat she wish 4, bt she would nt wona date, rather she just want us to be frds, wats can I do abt it pls
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by dmcdad: 6:26am On May 10, 2013
ebukav: Guys I nid una help, dis is dis girl I like so much she actually a cousin to my frd, I brought her a phone, I do any tin dat she wish 4, bt she would nt wona date, rather she just want us to be frds, wats can I do abt it pls
What you gonna do is very simple, keep buying her gifts ok? Mugu!

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by udemzyudex(m): 7:22am On May 10, 2013
never allow a girl to tell u that u're nice....girls are not attracted to nice guys despite the fact that they always say they want a nice guy....

The way u first present your self matters,if you think taking her to the best place or buying her the best gift will mk her love then u're on a long thing..all these things will only attract her for d main time but will never keep her...
Work on ur personality...stop chasing her,stop doing all those nice things...ever wonder y girls like bad guyz?

Don't put your eggs in one basket,don't just focus ur attention on one girl cos she might reject u and which will mk u feel bad..

Av at least more than 2 girls in mind cos one might reject u..lol even the both of them,but u don't just av to let it bring u down......u don't av to spend millions to get that girl.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by udemzyudex(m): 7:37am On May 10, 2013
ebukav: Guys I nid una help, dis is dis girl I like so much she actually a cousin to my frd, I brought her a phone, I do any tin dat she wish 4, bt she would nt wona date, rather she just want us to be frds, wats can I do abt it pls
Start doing the opposite of what u av been doing...
STOP CHASING HER BRO...
Stop calling/texting her too much,stop beening needy,clingy.....
Change ur personalities,this is what girls are attracted to...
Act like a bad boy....lol.
We knw bad boys are abusive and they beat their gfs and u don't want that..

Bad bioz are unpredictable,not summisive,not needy not clingy e.t.c
Do this and u will notice some change,u don't av to force urself on her if she reject u,den move on

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by searay(m): 8:07am On May 10, 2013
Inik: The cost of a girlfriend in nigeria varies depending on the social class of the girl and her character. If you have a girlfriend who is rich or is from a rich family, your recurrent expenditure in the relationship will be low. However if you have a girl from a poor background who is always demanding for material things, your recurrent expenditure will be high. I must say there are girls with good character who will not demand for materials things.

On the whole the financial cost of having a girlfriend in nigeria is between 200,000 naira to 2 million naira per annum.
The emotional cost is about 60% level per annum
The health cost is about 40,000 naira per annum. Nigerian girls on the average are clean and practise safe sex.
The social cost is determined by how beautiful she is
The sex cost is quite high. Most nigerian girls are insatiable grin
The Prof, you are on point. Experience is the best teacher.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by searay(m): 8:21am On May 10, 2013
coefoe: May be I need to say this! Women are the most compassionate, considerate, and understanding beings God created. When our man is plain and open to us, we don't expect beyond his means. For example if your gf/wife knows your monthly take home/income, I bet you, she will never demand for outrageous things that are beyond your ability.
The key is being truthful. Stop bragging! Let your partner know your capability, and you will be fine...
Lie of the Century.
The girls are not smiling. Oops
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Oludrex(m): 8:25am On May 10, 2013
The major Cost is TIME... Opportuntity Cost; She claimed part of my leisure I really want to spend playin chess, i must even touch football Manager if she come visiting- last time i dared her, it cost me the nyt things
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Oludrex(m): 8:25am On May 10, 2013
The major Cost is TIME... Opportuntity Cost; She claimed part of my leisure I really want to spend playin chess, i must not even touch football Manager if she come visiting- last time i dared her, it cost me the nyt things
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:30am On May 10, 2013
cheiiii where u trying to buy her love with that phone?? Sinc u mr sponsor by her airtime ...mayb ONE day she'll want u more then a friend o
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:57am On May 10, 2013
ohaleoghene:

he only wants another round of that good thing, dont fool urself

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by mbourie(m): 9:19am On May 10, 2013
lorretta u: Pls poor guyz shouldn't come out here and try to talk down on Nigerian ladies.I know I've dated a broke ass nigger for some years I loved him for real.and I also know a lot of girls who date broke boys loving them with all their hearts.
Don't no body get me upset now before seun will say I broke some of his rules.cos I'll put any confused broke boy in his place right now.

#themtalkingnonsensecostheyarebroke#
" they are talking nonsense like your broke ass nigger...no wonder you 'loved' him for real."
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Cine(m): 9:36am On May 10, 2013
I've spent on my GF.
So far: a blackberry, an iphone, Clothes, shoes, brazilian hair, airtime, food shopping, restaurants, toiletries, cinema outings, beach outings.......

I go to the cinema and eat out regularly so don't mind bringing her along.

The other stuff I brought her because I wanted to do it and I was happy to make her happy. I assure you she's asked me for more things and I've flat out said no..... or I'll tell her she'll have to wait till I'm ready to get it.

Is it good for our relationship... I dunno, probably not... but she doesn't have money, and I do.... I once asked her would she still be with me if i didn't have money she said of course she would.... I believed her, and I'm sure she believed it was true.... but in reality, I would probably eventually lose her to someone else.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by lewis512(m): 9:58am On May 10, 2013
Dolly-Parton:
What sort of question is this? So girls have been turned to a commodity with price tag.
. That just what girls have turn demselves to .....live like they got no family at all
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by caesaraba(m): 10:02am On May 10, 2013
lewis512: . That just what girls have turn demselves to .....live like they got no family at all

That is the annoying part.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by princenat(m): 10:56am On May 10, 2013
head_to_to: OP. shame on you. A guy should be able to spend anything on [size=16pt]her[/size] woman without making a public show out of it.

You self be man or woman? U dey luk anoda pesin yansh forgetting say ur own yansh open small.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by egift(m): 11:15am On May 10, 2013
All these ladies saying they love the poor guy are very funny. How about all the stuffs they use that was not bought by their parents?

In campuses, go to the ladies hostels/rooms, you will discover that:
- The phone was given by Mr. A, while Mr. B is the one sending recharge cards. Another man is the one that always takes her out periodically. One Mr. C is the one she calls and talk to for a very long time whenever she is bored. Mr D is skilled in bed matters, that is the one she runs to when she wants to touch the skies. And so goes for many of her items and needs.

Please every young man out there should just know that Girlfriend matter na serious business. So next time you see a girl and start strategizing how to befriend her - just be aware of this.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Orikinla(m): 11:22am On May 10, 2013
Poor girls always harass you for money and other things and most of them are immature and insecure.
One was so poor that she could not afford sanitary pads and used a piece from a white T-Shirt she had to tear. grin

I was the one that took Linda Ikeji to Mr Biggs for the first time and her first buffet when I had to be going to Mushin to see her and take her out to Surulere, Ikoyi, VI, etc. And she is still financially insecure today that she and her fans make a lot of noise about the millions she is making, because she is still owing a friend for editing a rested FMB magazine and it was money that caused our quarrel.
Poor girls are not the best girls to date in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Cine(m): 11:34am On May 10, 2013
Orikinla:
Poor girls are not the best girls to date in Nigeria.

Problem is the vast majority of girls in Naija are poor (vast majority of people actually).
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Zemhen1: 11:42am On May 10, 2013
egift: Guys, if you love her so much to empty your bank account, just marry her abeg. If not don't spend your future trying to reinvent Romeo. Tomorrow if she see a man who is ready, off she goes and get married.

I think it's basically who is giving out the love and who is receiving......... Am single, unattached and I think I like it this way for now ......... I have lots of female friends and the best part is that a always at the receiving end grin
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by princeonx: 12:44pm On May 10, 2013
N87656677653248.56
Budget extra N4434345678 incase!
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by TS2(m): 1:10pm On May 10, 2013
egift: The List

1. She will request to take you out, you will fund the entire outing.
2. You buy a better phone for her, BIS, recharge cards and still be the one to be calling.
3. During festive seasons, you don't take a gift to her - you actually funded the expenditures before the event.
4. The guy becomes responsible for her academic expenditures.
5. Depending on her family financial ability the guy becomes responsible for every one else.
6. If the guy has a car - welcome the new "taxi".
7. The guy is converted to Automated Teller Machine for all her expenditures.
8. Lose of useful hours that could have been used in pursuing life's goals.
9. Impulsive expenses that may likely not have been factored in the guy's budget.
10. Poor saving habits - especially for those who do not take cognizance of what the spend on their girlfriends.
11. Unnecessary heartbreaks when the lady finally leave you.
12. Possibility of contacting terminal diseases.
13. Coming under undue and avoidable pressures.
14. Lack of concentration at work and other engagements
15. Subjection to premature nagging and emotional traumas.
16. Having emergency marriage due to unwanted pregnancy.
17. Struggling to support someone else when the guy can barely stand on his own.

NOTE:
- Items on this list may not apply in a single instance but is widespread.
- I will be updating this list as you post your comments.
- For the cost of having a boy friend, that is a case for another thread.

I almost want to tackle you but na as e dey happen be dat. But not to wise men.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8 Types Of Vaginas | Which One Is Yours? (educational Purpose Only) / #Girlstalk: How Do You Know If A Particular Toaster Is Serious About You? / I Am Sick, So My Boyfriend Left Me To Go Clubbing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.