Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,822 members, 7,876,115 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 10:06 AM

What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? (20491 Views)

Man Proposes To His Girlfriend In Egbeda Market In Lagos (photo) / The Trick I Used On My Girlfriend In Order To Know She's Been Cheating On Me / How To Get Your Girlfriend In The Mood In 30 Seconds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by lifestyle1(m): 1:27pm On May 10, 2013
Its well....
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by billyG(m): 1:38pm On May 10, 2013
Abstain frm gals if yu cnt afford d cost of keeping those bitches
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Cornel88(m): 1:57pm On May 10, 2013
head_to_to: OP. shame on you. A guy should be able to spend anything on her woman without making a public show out of it.
Spend anything? U must be a Mugu.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by MaxiLopez: 2:35pm On May 10, 2013
You guys are just talking your own. It is because you have not seen a really virtuous woman that can do things for you. Ive found mine sha.. grin cool

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by freshboi29: 3:07pm On May 10, 2013
53cur3m0d3: Cost of having a girlfriend in Nigeria?
I really don't kno cos even tho we've broken up since January 2012, I'm stil paying...

Mayb u still getting punny from her

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by ebukav(m): 3:07pm On May 10, 2013
nadia_SA: cheiiii where u trying to buy her love with that phone?? Sinc u mr sponsor by her airtime ...mayb ONE day she'll want u more then a friend o

No bro, she actualy begged me 4 de phone, after I gave her de fone she wanted to kis me which I turndown as a gentlman,
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by ebukav(m): 3:12pm On May 10, 2013
Guys just dis moring I was wake up by her call me sms, I called her we talk 4 a very long time, we do talk nasty tins, she even calls me her husband, bt would nt date me, I realy did una advise me, mature advise ok tanx.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by princeonx: 3:21pm On May 10, 2013
ebukav: Guys just dis moring I was wake up by her call me sms, I called her we talk 4 a very long time, we do talk nasty tins, she even calls me her husband, bt would nt date me, I realy did una advise me, mature advise ok tanx.
Have you trying talking love way into she? She was wanting you to being romantically.
Honestly guy, sell that phone and buy a dictionary.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by christokuty: 5:22pm On May 10, 2013
No bottom fashioned against me shall prosper,i will never become an ATM.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by dmcdad: 6:40pm On May 10, 2013
Cine: I've spent on my GF.
So far: a blackberry, an iphone, Clothes, shoes, brazilian hair, airtime, food shopping, restaurants, toiletries, cinema outings, beach outings.......

I go to the cinema and eat out regularly so don't mind bringing her along.

The other stuff I brought her because I wanted to do it and I was happy to make her happy. I assure you she's asked me for more things and I've flat out said no..... or I'll tell her she'll have to wait till I'm ready to get it.

Is it good for our relationship... I dunno, probably not... but she doesn't have money, and I do.... I once asked her would she still be with me if i didn't have money she said of course she would.... I believed her, and I'm sure she believed it was true.... but in reality, I would probably eventually lose her to someone else.
Lol... I guess this is a dream then... Lwtmb
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by dmcdad: 6:50pm On May 10, 2013
ebukav: Guys just dis moring I was wake up by her call me sms, I called her we talk 4 a very long time, we do talk nasty tins, she even calls me her husband, bt would nt date me, I realy did una advise me, mature advise ok tanx.
Guy just lock up abeg... Stop this fantasy thing you are doing. You are the one getting hurt while she enjoys the show... Be wise and pull yourself outta her way. I bet you, with time she would come knocking on your door and this time it would be for real...

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by dmcdad: 6:51pm On May 10, 2013
christokuty: No bottom fashioned against me shall prosper,i will never become an ATM.
Amen!!! Lolzzz wahala dey ooo
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by chukham(m): 10:29pm On May 10, 2013
egift: I had wished that friendship between two people will just be about loving and motivating one another, hopefully lead to a permanent relationship (in marriage). But as I have observed over the years, having a girl friend is getting costlier by the day.

The guy is just a boy-friend, not even a husband.

This thread is aimed for us to build a comprehensive list of what we have come to observed as responsibilities, demands, expenses, pressures, roles, positions, and expectations that our men have been going through today just because they got a girl-friend.
its like having ronaldo, beckham and messi on ur pay roll.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by ebukav(m): 10:33pm On May 10, 2013
dmcdad:
Guy just lock up abeg... Stop this fantasy thing you are doing. You are the one getting hurt while she enjoys the show... Be wise and pull yourself outta her way. I bet you, with time she would come knocking on your door and this time it would be for real...

Tanx bro.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by ProfOwah(m): 7:18am On May 11, 2013
some girls r too money demanding, but some r also moderate, some dont ask, but through there action you will know. also in my own view, if u don't hv money or anything reasonable, dont stress ur self on ur girl expecially in terms of finance, if she really like u, she will understand.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:18pm On May 11, 2013
Number 8 is the only ''most'' critical point to me .......

Lose of useful hours that could have been used to pursue Life's Goals !!! .....

Time must never be joked it ..............When a woman opens mouth like Crocodile....... RUN !!!
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Magicdon(m): 6:21pm On May 12, 2013
lorretta u: Pls poor guyz shouldn't come out here and try to talk down on Nigerian ladies.I know I've dated a broke ass nigger for some years I loved him for real.and I also know a lot of girls who date broke boys loving them with all their hearts.
Don't no body get me upset now before seun will say I broke some of his rules.cos I'll put any confused broke boy in his place right now.
# themtalkingnonsensecostheyarebroke#
you said you are dating a broke ass guy as if you are dating him out of pity. I can see you are dating him cos you hav a corner marking (another guy) dat is paying you as ur mugu without his awareness. Be honest. See how you are insulting who you said u loved, calling him broke ass. Can you tell him broke ass to his face?
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by albacete(m): 6:36pm On May 12, 2013
Question: The cost of having a girlfriend in Nigeria?

Answer: Zilch. Nada
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by phazotron(m): 11:08pm On Jun 08, 2013
coefoe: May be I need to say this! Women are the most compassionate, considerate, and understanding beings God created. When our man is plain and open to us, we don't expect beyond his means. For example if your gf/wife knows your monthly take home/income, I bet you, she will never demand for outrageous things that are beyond your ability.
The key is being truthful. Stop bragging! Let your partner know your capability, and you will be fine...
madam dey r not all like dat
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by egift(m): 2:28pm On Aug 02, 2014
headtoto: OP. shame on you. A guy should be able to spend anything on her woman without making a public show out of it.

And she will be the first to run when it is exhausted.
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by Lanre90(m): 3:08pm On Aug 02, 2014
NET OR GROSS COST?
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by egift(m): 6:51pm On Nov 20, 2016
Lanre90:
NET OR GROSS COST?

Start somewhere grin grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by MENTORCH(m): 7:35pm On Nov 20, 2016
When I start dating a girl I calculate every amount I spend. After three months if the money spent on her is way too much,I will tell her she has to start spending too or that's the end; coz there is no return in investment and when you go broke she will run. Some girls think dating a guy is a full time job.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Cost Of Having A Girlfriend In Nigeria? by kunleweb: 7:04pm On Dec 25, 2018
egift:
The List

1. She will request to take you out, you will fund the entire outing.
2. You buy a better phone for her, BIS, recharge cards and still be the one to be calling.
3. During festive seasons, you don't take a gift to her - you actually funded the expenditures before the event.
4. The guy becomes responsible for her academic expenditures.
5. Depending on her family financial ability the guy becomes responsible for every one else.
6. If the guy has a car - welcome the new "taxi".
7. The guy is converted to Automated Teller Machine for all her expenditures.
8. Lose of useful hours that could have been used in pursuing life's goals.
9. Impulsive expenses that may likely not have been factored in the guy's budget.
10. Poor saving habits - especially for those who do not take cognizance of what the spend on their girlfriends.
11. Unnecessary heartbreaks when the lady finally leave you.
12. Possibility of contacting terminal diseases.
13. Coming under undue and avoidable pressures.
14. Lack of concentration at work and other engagements
15. Subjection to premature nagging and emotional traumas.
16. Having emergency marriage due to unwanted pregnancy.
17. Struggling to support someone else when the guy can barely stand on his own.

NOTE:
- Items on this list may not apply in a single instance but is widespread.
- I will be updating this list as you post your comments.
- For the cost of having a boy friend, that is a case for another thread.

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

#Girlstalk: How Do You Know If A Particular Toaster Is Serious About You? / 8 Types Of Vaginas | Which One Is Yours? (educational Purpose Only) / Women Of Nairaland Who Cry During Sex, Is It Out Of Pleasure Or Pain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.