Stats: 3,174,466 members, 7,891,934 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:53 PM

Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here - Events (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here (47962 Views)

10th Month Birthmates Meet-up Zone (perfect 10s) / Are You Born In The Month Of August? Sign Up Here.the Leos And Thr Virgos. / People Born In May, meet ur birthmates here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (41) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by reka(m): 8:58am On Oct 22, 2008
20th sptember is the day, Ruggedy baba is my birthmate,
pls, get me his number, and any other g's and babes on nairaland that are my birthmates,
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 8:05am On Oct 27, 2008
reka:

20th sptember is the day, Ruggedy baba is my birthmate,
please, get me his number, and any other g's and babes on nairaland that are my birthmates,

Welcome Reka
We'll pass on Ruggedy's number as soon as we get it
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 8:13am On Oct 27, 2008
HELPING THE NAUGHTY BOY :A JOKE

A man was walking down the street one day when he noticed a very small boy trying to press a doorbell on a house across the street.However the boy is very small and the doorbell is too high for him to reach.

After watching the boy's vain effort for sometime,the amn moves closer to the boy's position,steps smartly across the street,walks up behind the little fellow and,placing his hand kindly on the child's shoulder,he leans over and gives the doorbell a long solid ring.

Crouching down to the child's level afterwards the man benevolently asks,"And npow what,my little man?"To which the boy replies,"now we run" and dashed off.
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 10:16am On Oct 27, 2008
Militants rape 28 female youth corps members

By Ibanga Isine, Port Harcourt
Published: Saturday, 25 Oct 2008

[b]Some unidentified gunmen suspected to be militants on Thursday raped 28 female youth corps members in Abonnema, a town in Akuku Toru Local Government Area of Rivers State.
A source said the militants invaded the residence of the corps members, who were posted to the town on primary assignment, and rounded up the ladies. He said the suspected militants went into every flat, raping the women at gunpoint after which they fled through the waterfront. He noted that Abonnema residents had been constantly terrorised by gangsters who relocated to the area after they were sacked from some of their locations in the creeks.
He said, “These boys are not fighting the Niger Delta cause. How can they fight the Niger Delta cause, when they continue to terrorise the people they are supposed to fight for? Abonnema has become a war front and people are fleeing their homes. Now, they rape women and threaten elders. They invaded homes of some female corps members and raped them at gunpoint.”
A security source told our correspondent that the Joint Task Force had deployed troops in the area to forestall the breakdown of law and order. He admitted that gunmen invaded the community and attacked defenceless persons, noting that the people had cried out to the authorities to intervene in the matter.
Our correspondent, who visited the Rivers State Secretariat of the National Youth Service Corps in Port Harcourt, was told that the state coordinator was not on seat.
However, a senior official of the organisation, who would not want to be named, said the NYSC was yet to receive a report on the incident from its field staff in Abonnema.
He said, “We have not heard anything like that. But we hope that if it happened, our staff in Abonnema will brief us before the end of the day.
“I will make contacts with them to know what transpired because we would have expected the affected corpse members to call us and report such incident. We gave them our telephone numbers before they left the camp.”
When contacted, the spokesman of the JTF, Lt. Col. Sagir Musa, said troops had been deployed to Abonnema and Degema in Asari Toru Local Government Area of the state. He noted that the JTF Commander, Brig. Gen. Sarkin Yaki-Bello, ordered troops to move into the two towns as result of the increasing activities of militants, which tended to threatened peace and security.
Musa also noted that the naval component of the task force on Thursday had an encounter with militants along the Cawthorne Channel, which resulted in the killing of five gunmen. According to him, two AK 47 rifles and one speedboat were seized from them, adding that none of the soldiers sustain injury in the attack.
He said, “The Commander of JTF, Gen. Sarkin Yarki-Bello has decided to deploy troops in Abonnema and Degema areas of Rivers State. The decision to deploy troops in the above mentioned areas is based on undeniable report that these communities have high concentration of militants and related criminal acts.
“Above all, some militants’ camps are located in the general area. Community people were killed terrorised, maimed and in some cases, women were raped by the militants. Practically, people are begging for JTF’s intervention, hence the decision to deploy troops to the affected areas.”
Meanwhile the state Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has pleaded with Abonnema and Degema people to return home, promising that the situation in the communities has been brought under control. Amaechi made the appeal during a visit to assess the security situation in the two townships.
He noted that the situation was not as bad as it was being painted, pointing out that people were still going about their normal businesses. He assured the people that such an incident would never occur again, especially with the deployment of more security personnel in the area[/b]
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 10:19am On Oct 27, 2008
Just came across the above sad story over the weekend,it's really a shame
I've never liked the idea of ANY of these so-called Niger-Delta groups which are ALL nothing but criminal or selfish and self-serving gangs at best

Hope the girls got prompt treatment and I wish them speedy recovery from the trauma
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 2:48pm On Oct 31, 2008
JOKE

Why do you guys think that men find it difficult to make eye contact?
Well the same question was put to a certain dude by a fine looking lady and the converstaion went thus;

Lady:Why do men find it difficult to make eye contact?

Dude:It's because breasts don't have eyes.
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 2:52pm On Oct 31, 2008
ANOTHER JOKE

Two young lovers go up to the mountains for a
romantic winter vacation. When they get there,
the guy goes out to chop some wood.

When he gets back, he says, 'Honey, my hands are
freezing!' She says, 'Well, put them here between
my thighs and that will warm them up.' After
lunch he goes back out to chop some more wood and
comes back and says again, 'Man! my hands are
really freezing!' She says again, 'Well, put
them here between my thighs and warm them up.'

He does, and again that warms them up.
After dinner, he goes out one more time to chop
some wood to get them through the night. When he
returns, he says again, 'Honey, my hands are
really, really freezing!'

She looks at him and says, 'For crying out loud,
don't your ears ever get cold?'
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 2:09pm On Nov 01, 2008
Hey all,hope u're having a great weekend
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by lancevader(m): 3:13pm On Nov 01, 2008
ANOTHER JOKE

Two young lovers go up to the mountains for a
romantic winter vacation. When they get there,
the guy goes out to chop some wood.

When he gets back, he says, 'Honey, my hands are
freezing!' She says, 'Well, put them here between
my thighs and that will warm them up.' After
lunch he goes back out to chop some more wood and
comes back and says again, 'Man! my hands are
really freezing!' She says again, 'Well, put
them here between my thighs and warm them up.'

He does, and again that warms them up.
After dinner, he goes out one more time to chop
some wood to get them through the night. When he
returns, he says again, 'Honey, my hands are
really, really freezing!'

She looks at him and says, 'For crying out loud,
don't your ears ever get cold?'
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by lancevader(m): 3:17pm On Nov 01, 2008
Militants rape 28 female youth corps members

By Ibanga Isine, Port Harcourt
Published: Saturday, 25 Oct 2008

Some unidentified gunmen suspected to be militants on Thursday raped 28 female youth corps members in Abonnema, a town in Akuku Toru Local Government Area of Rivers State.
A source said the militants invaded the residence of the corps members, who were posted to the town on primary assignment, and rounded up the ladies. He said the suspected militants went into every flat, raping the women at gunpoint after which they fled through the waterfront. He noted that Abonnema residents had been constantly terrorised by gangsters who relocated to the area after they were sacked from some of their locations in the creeks.
He said, “These boys are not fighting the Niger Delta cause. How can they fight the Niger Delta cause, when they continue to terrorise the people they are supposed to fight for? Abonnema has become a war front and people are fleeing their homes. Now, they rape women and threaten elders. They invaded homes of some female corps members and raped them at gunpoint.”
A security source told our correspondent that the Joint Task Force had deployed troops in the area to forestall the breakdown of law and order. He admitted that gunmen invaded the community and attacked defenceless persons, noting that the people had cried out to the authorities to intervene in the matter.
Our correspondent, who visited the Rivers State Secretariat of the National Youth Service Corps in Port Harcourt, was told that the state coordinator was not on seat.
However, a senior official of the organisation, who would not want to be named, said the NYSC was yet to receive a report on the incident from its field staff in Abonnema.
He said, “We have not heard anything like that. But we hope that if it happened, our staff in Abonnema will brief us before the end of the day.
“I will make contacts with them to know what transpired because we would have expected the affected corpse members to call us and report such incident. We gave them our telephone numbers before they left the camp.”
When contacted, the spokesman of the JTF, Lt. Col. Sagir Musa, said troops had been deployed to Abonnema and Degema in Asari Toru Local Government Area of the state. He noted that the JTF Commander, Brig. Gen. Sarkin Yaki-Bello, ordered troops to move into the two towns as result of the increasing activities of militants, which tended to threatened peace and security.
Musa also noted that the naval component of the task force on Thursday had an encounter with militants along the Cawthorne Channel, which resulted in the killing of five gunmen. According to him, two AK 47 rifles and one speedboat were seized from them, adding that none of the soldiers sustain injury in the attack.
He said, “The Commander of JTF, Gen. Sarkin Yarki-Bello has decided to deploy troops in Abonnema and Degema areas of Rivers State. The decision to deploy troops in the above mentioned areas is based on undeniable report that these communities have high concentration of militants and related criminal acts.
“Above all, some militants’ camps are located in the general area. Community people were killed terrorised, maimed and in some cases, women were raped by the militants. Practically, people are begging for JTF’s intervention, hence the decision to deploy troops to the affected areas.”
Meanwhile the state Governor, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, has pleaded with Abonnema and Degema people to return home, promising that the situation in the communities has been brought under control. Amaechi made the appeal during a visit to assess the security situation in the two townships.
He noted that the situation was not as bad as it was being painted, pointing out that people were still going about their normal businesses. He assured the people that such an incident would never occur again, especially with the deployment of more security personnel in the area
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by muddie4u(m): 10:45am On Nov 02, 2008
Hello everyone looking for 27 here am I 27th of september. Love you all
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by princekevo(m): 4:24pm On Nov 02, 2008
18th Sept,the luckiest month ever.
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 7:29am On Nov 03, 2008
muddie4u:

Hello everyone looking for 27 here am I 27th of september. Love you all

Hi Muddie
Welcome to this wonderful thread for September peeps
Your birthmate thus far is Pamperme
Holla @ 'em
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 7:36am On Nov 03, 2008
princekevo:

18th Sept,the luckiest month ever.

Hey Kevo
Wetin be the parole?
Well e r welcome to this wonderful thread for September peeps
Your birthmate thus far is Duroti
Holla out
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by efetoma(m): 3:40pm On Nov 04, 2008
23rd here ladies and gentlemen
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 6:54am On Nov 05, 2008
Just felt like sharing this with y'all

Nigerians react to naval ratings‘ assault on lady
By Chinyere Fred-Adegbulugbe, Olalekan Adetayo and Victor Sam
Published: Wednesday, 5 Nov 2008
Angry reactions on Tuesday trailed the Monday assault by armed naval ratings on a lady, Uzoma Okere, in Lagos.

All those who reacted, including human rights activists and hundreds of online readers of THE PUNCH, described the act as barbaric and called for the prosecution of the perpetrators.

The reactions came at a time when some concerned Lagosians who witnessed and recorded the dastardly act on a camcoder released its video footage to the public.

Six armed naval ratings attached to a Rear Admiral identified as Harry Arogundade, went wild on Monday on Muri Okunola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos, beating and stripping the lady naked.

According to eyewitnesses, the naval ratings hit the lady with their gun butts and beat her with horsewhips.

She was accused of not quickly giving way for the naval officer‘s convoy on her way home in her Mitsubishi Colt car.

By the time the rage ended, Okere, who was forcibly handcuffed and dragged into a private residence on the street in a humiliating assault, was left with a battered face, blood-shot eyes and bruises all over her body.

She was admitted at Kamorass Hospital on Victoria Island.

As at 6.30pm on Tuesday, 98 reactions had been posted to THE PUNCH‘s website by Nigerians (both at home and in the Diaspora) who were irked by the incident, making the news item top on the list of most read stories on the website for the day.

All of them agreed that no man, no matter his social status, had the right to infringe on another citizen‘s fundamental human right.

In her reaction, the Director, Gender Development Action, Ms. Ada Agina-Ude, described the assault on the lady as a display of raw power.

In a telephone interview with one of our correspondents, Agina-Ude called on lawyers, women and human rights activists, to rally round the lady with a view to getting justice.

She said, ”My first reaction is that what type of military personnel will beat a woman to that extent because of a traffic offence, assuming she even committed it. I don‘t understand that kind of mentality.

”She did the right thing by getting a lawyer. I plead with the lawyer to ensure that the case is pursued to the end.”

Another activist, Dr. Joe Okei-Odumakin, while describing the incident as condemnable and barbaric, said all those involved should be brought to book.

She added that it was regrettable that a Rear Admiral who should be looked up to by junior officers for direction could allow his boys to misbehave in his presence.

Also, the Deputy Director, Women Advocacy and Documentation Research Centre, Mrs. Grace Ketefe, said the naval ratings‘ action was against the dignity of a woman.

Ketefe said because of her organisation‘s belief that the perpetrators should not go unpunished; it would soon address the public and petition policy makers on the issue.

But the Nigerian Navy, on Tuesday, attributed the incident to provocation from the victim.

Addressing journalists in Abuja, the Director of Information, Nigerian Navy, Commodore David Naibada, alleged that Okere provoked one of the naval ratings when she stepped out of her car that was in front of the admiral‘s convoy and seized the horsewhip he was holding.

Naibada accused the victim of making up stories to embarrass the admiral ”who incidentally was a junior officer to her father when the duo were in the military school together.”
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 7:10am On Nov 05, 2008
efetoma:

23rd here ladies and gentlemen

Hi Efe
Where have you been?
Welcome though to our beloved thread
Your 23rd birthmates are Franklinog,Scubagirl,Mikelbay and Toksdam
Reach out wink wink wink
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 7:22am On Nov 05, 2008
YES I CAN
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 4:00pm On Nov 07, 2008
Hi y'all
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 4:00pm On Nov 07, 2008
Hi y'all
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 7:12am On Nov 13, 2008
Hi peeps
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 7:15am On Nov 13, 2008
JOKE

Hear about the psychic midget who escaped from
jail?

Yeah the headlines in the newspaper read
"SMALL MEDIUM AT LARGE".
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 7:18am On Nov 13, 2008
ANOTHER JOKE

How many civil servants does it take
to change a light bulb? 45: One to
change the bulb, and 44 to do the
paperwork.
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by oluwilson: 5:33pm On Nov 14, 2008
too bad I don't have a mate in the house mine is 19th any mate can contact me via oluwilson@gmail.com
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 3:50pm On Nov 16, 2008
oluwilson:

too bad I don't have a mate in the house mine is 19th

Hi Olu
Of course you have birtmates in the house,they are Amababy and Saskatoon,so reach out to them
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by s4d(m): 5:32pm On Nov 17, 2008
9th sept nigga here!
shout out 2 all other 9ers in da crib.
september rules 4 sure. wink
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by Myself2(m): 1:12pm On Nov 21, 2008
Hello Rasp
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 11:15am On Nov 22, 2008
s4d:

9th sept nigga here!
shout out 2 all other 9ers in da crib.
september rules 4 sure. wink

Waddup s4d?your siggy really made me chuckle
I'll welcome you specially to this thread cz u 'appen to be ma birthmate
The September 9 babies in da hizzy are Rasputinn,Igbonla and adebiyi221
Holla
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by rasputinn(m): 5:46pm On Nov 23, 2008
Myself2:

Hello Rasp
Hellooooooooooo to you too,I know u're good
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by Bukie(f): 9:01am On Nov 24, 2008
Hieveryone. I just looooooove d month. Mine is 21st
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by Bukie(f): 9:04am On Nov 24, 2008
Hi Rasp. Do I have mates in d house? I'll love to link up wit them
Re: Born In September? Find Your Birthmates Here by lekzite: 1:29pm On Nov 24, 2008
hey guys i was born on the 11th of september

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (41) (Reply)

Photos From My Sister's Wedding And Award Ceremony In Deeper Life Church / Halloween In Canada And Horror Display (Photos, Video) / Things Any Groom At A Yoruba Introduction Ceremony Will Remember

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54