Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,700 members, 7,924,235 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 07:24 AM

British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians (11891 Views)

NOI: 70% Of Nigerians Approves Buhari's 30 Days Performance / I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan / Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by asas(f): 6:54pm On May 22, 2008
y wld i boycott BA wen dey avnt done anything 2 me Jeezzzzzzzzzzz mehn !!!i wonder if most of d pple dat are boycottin or wanna boycott av travelled outside d of shores of Africa!!!!I av never been maltreated by any BA official!!!what d hell y do pple like 2 take panadol for other pples headache !!!Wen 9ja police harass their fellow citizens nobody wld talk oh!!!but a white man he is been a racist !!!lawd pple who r boycottin goodluck too all of u as for me am stckin 2 BA any day anytime i already av a ticket sef wit BA jeezzz !!!!

THATS A VIRGIN NIG TOILET

Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by omotos: 7:41pm On May 25, 2008
i agree with what everybody said,sometimes nigerians behave like animals on the plane.the instruction is that your fone should be off untill the aircrafts doors are opened.would u believe that as soon as the plane lands even while taxing our fellow nigerian r already on the phone saying 'plane wa ti land oh'.all the same if only we had naija airways then we can be allowed to be animals on our own national carrier wink
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by VeritasInV: 7:25pm On May 26, 2008
This is not an isolated incident.

In mentality many nigerians probably thought that because the airline is named virgin nigeria they could behave as they pleased.

I observe this phenomenon quite frequently when coming to Nigeria. It has to do with the mentality nigerians have they feel unreasonably discriminated against even if that may not be the case.
When arriving in Nigeria i have observed that almost every nigerian gets up as soon as the plane touches tarmac. They feel like they have to in a hurry to get of rather than waiting appropriately for the plane to come to a complete stop. as soon as the plane lands many get out of their seats and start rumbling around in the overhead locker sometimes barely hitting other people on the head with luggage.
In onn instance i even heard one man say '' wettin you wan tell me , we de fo nigeria now.'' , as a repply to the standard disembarkment announcement. You know please stay in your seats until the plane has come to a complete and total stop, and the captain has switched the seatbelt lights off.

I feel like any bad reputation nigerians are giving us cant be avaoided as long there are the few who will always make their loud mouths run off for no reason.

'' he who opens his mouth wide is responsible for his own destruction''
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by Blatant: 3:18pm On May 27, 2008
i agree with what everybody said,sometimes nigerians behave like animals on the plane.[b]the instruction is that your phone should be off untill the aircrafts doors are opened.would u believe that as soon as the plane lands even while taxing our fellow nigerian r already on the phone saying 'plane wa ti land oh'.[/b]all the same if only we had naija airways then we can be allowed to be animals on our own national carrier

Do you know that this is done all over the world?

Not that I am condoning doing the wrong things but it's not proper to try and make out that we are unique in law breaking and unruliness
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by texazzpete(m): 4:26pm On May 27, 2008
Ever notice how Nigerians form Neat, orderly lines at Heathrow, then break up into an unruly mob at MMA.

I've never been insulted in a BA flight. But i've been yelled at by a Virgin Nigeria crew member before i straightened her out.
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by 4Him1(m): 4:29pm On May 27, 2008
texazzpete:

Ever notice how Nigerians form Neat, orderly lines at Heathrow, then break up into an unruly mob at MMA.

EVer noticed that Nigerians actually understand how to use street lights, obey traffic laws, maintain neat surroundings abroad?
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 4:32pm On May 27, 2008
lmao!!!!!
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by HRhotness(f): 6:54pm On May 27, 2008
4 Him:

EVer noticed that Nigerians actually understand how to use street lights, obey traffic laws, maintain neat surroundings abroad?

Lol, good point!
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by Blatant: 1:57pm On May 29, 2008
4 Him:

Is this not really an idication that we treat ourselves and our own with disdain? when we get home, we want to be unruly but when we are abroad, we are willing to obey rules.
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 4:37pm On May 29, 2008
Blatant:

Is this not really an idication that we treat ourselves and our own with disdain? when we get home, we want to be unruly but when we are abroad, we are willing to obey rules.

The same people who loot and kill their own at home turn into meek animals the minute they step outside of the borders and become law abiding citizens. Even village people act civilized when they get outside of our shores. But as soon as you bring in more Nigerians into the mix, we tend to relapse into our old nature. Ever notice how most of the Nigerians abroad who commit crime live in areas where there exists a high population of Nigerians?? From South Africa, to Benin; from the UK to Amsterdam; from USA to Canada, that seems to be the case. You hear a nigerian is involved in crime, look around and you will find so many other Nigerians within the same area or community.
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by Blatant: 4:52pm On May 29, 2008
Kobojunkie:

The same people who loot and kill their own at home turn into meek animals the minute they step outside of the borders and become law abiding citizens. Even village people act civilized when they get outside of our shores. But as soon as you bring in more Nigerians into the mix, we tend to relapse into our old nature. Ever notice how most of the Nigerians abroad who commit crime live in areas where there exists a high population of Nigerians?? From South Africa, to Benin; from the UK to Amsterdam; from USA to Canada, that seems to be the case. You hear a nigerian is involved in crime, look around and you will find so many other Nigerians within the same area or community.

I am sure you can also see from what you are writing that the problem is with the PEOPLE OF NIGERIA as a whole and not just the leadership.

By the way, the leadership is a reflection of the people themselves. WE are the problem with Nigeria and we need to look at ourselves properly first. If we are not destroying the infrastrucures, they'll be there for our own use. If we are not supporting rogues, we wont have rogues governing us. If we drive with care and obey traffic laws, there wont be so much chaos on the roads. If we do not glorify corrupt leaders and scammers, we wont be a corrupt Nation full of scammers and fraudsters

1 Like

Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 4:57pm On May 29, 2008
i completely agree with you !!
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by hannydarl(f): 11:52pm On Jun 15, 2008
I am not saying BA is completly right o but men you need to see nigerians when they travel some of them are so crude they just make big noise like they are trying to say I have a right to talk anyhow I want they rush the que they are quick to challenge any white coloured person they are quick to play the "is it because i am black "card some times i get embarassed when i see them in action why would any one respect such rowdy people I think the sooner we start comporting ourselves well and behaving like civilised people we shouldnt ask others to treat us decently I can imagine the action of nigerians in that plane.Anyway since I dont know the full story i will hold my peace for now.
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by Mustay(m): 11:14am On Jun 16, 2008
some don't just respect 'emselves yet they demnad respect from others sad
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by HolyMic(m): 11:49am On Jun 17, 2008
This is the state of British Affairs when a paedophile and sex crime pervert is allowed to work in the media:
Kevin Lynch of the daily mirror, you have been busted, I hope they bum rape you in jail!
Dont believe me?
Call Kevin Lynch on 020 7293 2031 or email kevin.lynch@mirror.co.uk
BABY FUCKERS, THE LOT OF YOU CUNTS!!!!
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by Mustay(m): 12:40pm On Jun 17, 2008
na wa 4 u this guy o!
na everywhere u dey post about this man
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by Blatant: 1:34pm On Jun 17, 2008
HolyMic, what did Kevin do to you?
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by jydeboy: 5:49pm On Jun 17, 2008
Nigerians should protest this nonsense. The next time I'm tavelling to London I would start the protest. Ask me how? I would trek. To hell with their fucking aircrafts!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Evil Called Radio Biafra, By Chukwuemerie Uduchukwu / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Zim In Plateau State / '‘You Rigged Elections For Yourself And Not For Us'’ PDP Tells , Ibrahim Mantu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.