Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,914 members, 7,876,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 06:20 PM

Thehomer Please Say - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thehomer Please Say (4595 Views)

Please, Say Prayer To My Sick Dad / Please Say A Prayer For Ghana / Please Say This Prayer Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thehomer Please Say by Nobody: 8:09am On Jun 08, 2013
Deep Sight:
^^^ You already said "or some alien life form". . .

# DELUDING YASEF.

What is the difference between leprechauns and alien life forms?

That should make you think clearly about trying to make the idea of god being an alien life form plausible
Re: Thehomer Please Say by Mranony: 8:12am On Jun 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

It is like asking me what is more plausible between leprechaun gold and fairy magic.

However, infinite regress as a concept is more plausible. We know that numbers and any concept with numbers will run into such paradoxes.

The thing about the past is that you can keep going back to a time before any specific time.
[size=16pt]The time (spacetime) of our universe might have a beginning but that doesnt mean that time outside our universe has a beginning.[/size]
Daz all.
Re: Thehomer Please Say by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 08, 2013
Mr anony:
Daz all.

grin grin grin
Re: Thehomer Please Say by Nobody: 8:13am On Jun 08, 2013
Mr anony:
Daz all.

Explain yourself
Re: Thehomer Please Say by Mranony: 8:14am On Jun 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Explain yourself
You have just admitted to the existence of an eternal realm

1 Like

Re: Thehomer Please Say by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 08, 2013
Mr anony:
You have just admitted to the existence of a timeless realm

Fail.

I just theorized that time is not limited to one universe- especially spacetime.

I theorized that there could be time outside our universe.

You straw manned my quote
Re: Thehomer Please Say by Mranony: 8:19am On Jun 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Fail.

I just theorized that time is not limited to one universe- especially spacetime.

I theorized that there could be time outside our universe.

You straw manned my quote
Lololol you obviously don't know what a strawman is neither do you know what a theory is
Re: Thehomer Please Say by DeepSight(m): 8:23am On Jun 08, 2013
Mr anony:

I can not say one thing and my oga at the top comes and says a different thing.

If he is a thinking person, he will recognize that in that statement alone, his entire worldview collapses.

Logicboy, you are yet to think.
Re: Thehomer Please Say by Nobody: 8:24am On Jun 08, 2013
Mr anony:

See the dubious douche? From "timeless realm" you have changed it to "eternal realm"

No, what I did was a possible hint at cyclical universes.
Re: Thehomer Please Say by Mranony: 8:25am On Jun 08, 2013
Deep Sight:

If he is a thinking person, he will recognize that in that statement alone, his entire worldview collapses.

Lololol, the guy is as religiously fanatic as they come. Watch him come and debunk himself very soon.
Re: Thehomer Please Say by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 08, 2013
Mr anony:
Lololol you obviously don't know what a strawman is neither do you know what a theory is

lol...."theory" has many meanings.

Theorized has a different meaning from "theory".

But thanks for another strawman
Re: Thehomer Please Say by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 08, 2013
Deep Sight:

Please, help me think. How did I collapse my worldview?
Re: Thehomer Please Say by DeepSight(m): 8:27am On Jun 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

What is the difference between leprechauns and alien life forms?

That should make you think clearly about trying to make the idea of god being an alien life form plausible

Don't be silly, of course it is clear that this world is a contrivance of another world.
Re: Thehomer Please Say by Mranony: 8:28am On Jun 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

See the dubious douche? From "timeless realm" you have changed it to "eternal realm"

No, what I did was a possible hint at cyclical universes.
What is the difference between "timeless realm" and "eternal realm"? They both mean the same thing.

So? what about cyclical universes? Still needs an eternal realm in order to exist
Re: Thehomer Please Say by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 08, 2013
Deep Sight:

Don't be silly, of course it is clear that this world is a contrivance of another world.

Sophistry.

What the hell does this have to do with God being an alien life form?
Re: Thehomer Please Say by Mranony: 8:29am On Jun 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

lol...."theory" has many meanings.

Theorized has a different meaning from "theory".

But thanks for another strawman
perhaps you should tell us what you mean by theorized and how it doesn't mean you have a theory?
Re: Thehomer Please Say by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 08, 2013
Mr anony:
What is the difference between "timeless realm" and "eternal realm"? They both mean the same thing.

So? what about cyclical universes? Still needs an eternal realm in order to exist

Timeless- no time
Eternal- infinite in time

Cyclical universes would each have a beginning. Think of it as oscillating
Re: Thehomer Please Say by DeepSight(m): 8:34am On Jun 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Please, help me think. How did I collapse my worldview?

Okay, lets take a gentle walk through this.

You say -

"The time (spacetime) of our universe might have a beginning but that doesnt mean that time outside our universe has a beginning."

1. This statement recognizes the existence of time outside our universe.

2. It further recognizes the eternity of that time.

3. Eternity by definition has no beginning.

4. It thus recognizes the existence of something outside our universe which is self-existent.

5. A necessary, self existent thing.

If you would pause, you would realize that this effectively means that in your heart of hearts, unrealized, you are a Deist.

2 Likes

Re: Thehomer Please Say by DeepSight(m): 8:36am On Jun 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Sophistry.

What the hell does this have to do with God being an alien life form?

You said so, not I.

Anyway, this world was created by men elsewhere, but of course you may not know this.

The origin of all things remains God.
Re: Thehomer Please Say by Mranony: 8:38am On Jun 08, 2013
Logicboy03:
Timeless- no time
lol, timeless can also mean infinite time. In any case, I'll say you should be happy I changed it to eternal that way I am properly representing your argument

Yeah but they will all need to exist in an eternal realm, no? Plus the cycle has to actually start somewhere. . . Or do you want to talk about the pendulum that never starts swinging?
Re: Thehomer Please Say by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 08, 2013
Deep Sight:

Okay, lets take a gentle walk through this.

You say -

"The time (spacetime) of our universe might have a beginning but that doesnt mean that time outside our universe has a beginning."

1. This statement recognizes the existence of time outside our universe.

2. It further recognizes the eternity of that time.

3. Eternity by definition has no beginning.

4. It thus recognizes the existence of something outside our universe which is self-existent.

5. A necessary, self existent thing.

If you would pause, you would realize that this effectively means that in your heart of hearts, unrealized, you are a Deist.

Aww, our manly man, Deepsight is so lonely as a deist that he has to conjure up sophistry to make a deist out of an atheist.

Time is a concept. It is a concept with both material and immaterial aspects. It can be argued that time doesnt exist.

Just like numbers, time is a concept. And just like numbers, time results in infinity. Past, present and future have no tangiblity or tangible existence.

To say that because there is an eternity of time, there is also an eternal being is fallacious.

Your god would have no tangible existence if you want to hang his existence on the eternity of time.
Re: Thehomer Please Say by Nobody: 8:42am On Jun 08, 2013
Deep Sight:

You said so, not I.

Anyway, this world was created by men elsewhere, but of course you may not know this.

The origin of things remain a mystery and unknown.

The origin of things can not be god and it can have no name or presence as it is unknown.
Re: Thehomer Please Say by Mranony: 8:43am On Jun 08, 2013
Deep Sight:

You said so, not I.

Interesting. Please explain
Re: Thehomer Please Say by DeepSight(m): 8:43am On Jun 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Timeless- no time

There's no such thing as no time.

Time is self existent and a component of God.
Re: Thehomer Please Say by Mranony: 8:44am On Jun 08, 2013
Logicboy03:
The origin of things remain a mystery and unknown.

The origin of things can not be god and it can have no name or presence as it is unknown.
Appeal to ignorance
Re: Thehomer Please Say by Mranony: 8:46am On Jun 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

Aww, our manly man, Deepsight is so lonely as a deist that he has to conjure up sophistry to make a deist out of an atheist.

Time is a concept. It is a concept with both material and immaterial aspects. It can be argued that time doesnt exist.

Just like numbers, time is a concept. And just like numbers, time results in infinity. Past, present and future have no tangiblity or tangible existence.

To say that because there is an eternity of time, there is also an eternal being is fallacious.

Your god would have no tangible existence if you want to hang his existence on the eternity of time.
Facepalm. Just when I thought Logicboy would pause and think, he proves once again that his reasoning runs parallel to rational thought and hence they cannot meet.
Re: Thehomer Please Say by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 08, 2013
Mr anony:
Appeal to ignorance

There is a difference between
-stating what people are ignorant about...and
-appealing to ignorance

please educate yourself
Re: Thehomer Please Say by DeepSight(m): 8:48am On Jun 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

If time doesnt exist, you dont exist. You have no past and no present.

Stop talking gibberish.
Re: Thehomer Please Say by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 08, 2013
Deep Sight:

There's no such thing as no time.

Time is self existent and a component of God.

100% agree with your first sentence

Your second sentence is backwards. God is subject to time if he exists.
Re: Thehomer Please Say by DeepSight(m): 8:51am On Jun 08, 2013
Mr anony:
Interesting. Please explain

You will never accept it, so forget it. However it is happening again. We, humans, will create another world in time. Yep, right here in this universe.

They will have myths, they will have legends. They will have scripture. And we will be watching them from our computers. And occassionally guiding them.

God, will remain, IS BE; AND IS IS.

1 Like

Re: Thehomer Please Say by Mranony: 8:54am On Jun 08, 2013
Deep Sight:

You will never accept it, so forget it. However it is happening again. We, humans, will create another world in time. Yep, right here in this universe.

They will have myths, they will have legends. They will have scripture. And we will be watching them from our computers. And occassionally guiding them.

God, will remain, IS BE; AND IS IS.
I wasn't asking you to explain so that I can accept it. I was asking that you explain so that I understand it. So my oga no vex, please kindly explain. Educate me
Re: Thehomer Please Say by DeepSight(m): 8:56am On Jun 08, 2013
Logicboy03:

100% agree with your first sentence

Your second sentence is backwards. God is subject to time if he exists.

Please go and have breakfast and then read the second line afterwards. Read it 40 times.

Then compare it to your statement about time outside the universe not necessarily having a beginning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

God Is Wicked- We Are Nothing But Spectacle In The Eyes Of The Lord / Is It Godly To Pay Brideprice And Dowry? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.