Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,470 members, 7,891,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:19 PM

Zakir Naik Live In Abuja - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Zakir Naik Live In Abuja (23160 Views)

Dr Zakir Naik At National Stadium Surulere Sat & Sun June 15th & 16th / Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June / Dr Zakir Naik; Who Is He? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by Itoroetti(m): 6:29pm On Jun 08, 2013
The arab nations fighting religious war needs him more than nigeria.he should preach for them and not us.he incites viloence which is detrimental to our existence as multi-religious nation.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by k4kenny(f): 6:37pm On Jun 08, 2013
Salam. Please where will tomorrow's lecture hold at abuja. The same Wuse Zone 2?
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by maclatunji: 6:39pm On Jun 08, 2013
1supremo:

Isn't that what he explicitly sanctioned in the clip you quoted above? Enough of your mindless apologia!
BH kill and maim in their bid to establish an islamic state; this guy stated his support for Alquaeda, if their bombings are for the defence of islam (from the clip you quoted above). What Nigeria needs is peace and not war-mongers like this. Sometimes you need to swap religion for reason! My compatriots are insecure as a result of your religious persuasion and that is a FACT.

Yes, you are insecure because you are not serious about improving your quality of life. Instead, you are more eager to satisfy yourself with your bigoted stance against Islam.

If you were serious, you would focus on bad governance and how to tackle it. That is more lethal and dangerous to all of us within the Nigerian context than a group of misguided terrorists and their wannabes.

2 Likes

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by ChristKid1: 6:40pm On Jun 08, 2013
maclatunji:

He is a lecturer. His lectures that I have watched make sense. Sorry, can't watch your video at the moment.

Look at it this way, why has the Indian government not acted against this 'terrorist' you are trying to nail?

Indian government has already acted. His 'peace tv' is banned in India.

5 Likes

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by maclatunji: 6:40pm On Jun 08, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

You misunderstood. I don't think that he himself is a terrorist.

It is worrying that he preaches that terrorism is ok. I am concerned that people will listen to him and walk away thinking that cowardly acts of violence are justified.

I am sure you are misinterpreting his position.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by usayab(m): 6:41pm On Jun 08, 2013
angel TI: pls guys, who is Zakir?
Na 1 ordinary islamic preacher.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by maclatunji: 6:44pm On Jun 08, 2013
ichidodo: You are being evasive, bob has got some salient points about this Zakir dude with Video evidence to buttress his arguments and i also share his sentiments,This zakir individual could,indelibrately,incite an Insurrection. We dont want that, the quicker he is done with his lectures and out of the country the better for everybody concerned.

No need to lose sleep. You should have investigated the topics he wants to talk about here in Nigeria.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by maclatunji: 6:46pm On Jun 08, 2013
Chris†Kid:

That is too small, he can claim 'victimisation'. I mean arrest him if you have anything on him.

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by usayab(m): 6:49pm On Jun 08, 2013
Somebody posted "Zakir Led 2.oclock praya". Like say we no de pray b4 in Nigeria.
com see great mallams we de Jigawa 2day!

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by teemlo: 7:02pm On Jun 08, 2013
Buoyantic: hey shutup
That's disrespectful, is that how you talk to your elders at home?

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by bskyb(m): 7:08pm On Jun 08, 2013
maclatunji:

Let me guess, you are comfortable with some hardcore 'charismatic' Christian evangelist coming to 'save souls' that don't require saving in a 3-day crusade. Stop being such an alarmist.

I think you should just address his concerns . He may or may not be satisfied thereafter .
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by ichidodo: 7:11pm On Jun 08, 2013
maclatunji:

No need to lose sleep. You should have investigated the topics he wants to talk about here in Nigeria.
The topics aint no different to messages he propagates, My problem is some random 'lone wolf-Michael Adebolajo' individual who would want to stage some act of jihad due to certain misinterpretations of his lectures.There is so much to lose sleep over bro.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by udatso: 7:22pm On Jun 08, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

That is exactly what worries me. According to him, terrorism is halal if you are fighting Islam's enemies (apparently that includes the United States). If this man preaches something similar in Nigeria, we are going to have a problem on our hands. People will leave feeling that Boko Haram are Muslims again, and we will be right back at the beginning where Nigerian Muslims support and defend them.

Zakir has said repeatedly that he doesn't think that other religious buildings should be built in Islamic countries. What kind of message is that to send in a 50/50 Christian and Muslim nation like ours? What kind of message is that to send to the North where Churches are being destroyed?

I am very concerned.
And how will you find out by typing here that what if he says this and that...what if he doesn't? You shouldn't be scared to listen to him...the zakir Naik, I knw wouldn't support terrorism(actual terorism)...infact that's exactly the opposite of what he preaches..believe me if he uttered such word, he would b taken out by USA....imam anwar al-awlaki dnt evn show any terrorist act b4 he was taken down....if you feel his ideas are wrong, why don't you open up to him, who knows you might be correcting the ideas of an islamic world scholar....believe me brother, Dr zakir is an orator who you would want to listen to irrespective of your religion... Don't condemn him without listening to him...peace be onto you

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by udatso: 7:32pm On Jun 08, 2013
gboss4sure:

Christian has it every Sunday, Go to any churc and attend their morning Sunday school or bible classes, then you will get answers to your question. Also they do organize workshops and seminars you can attend anyone and ask your questions.
Oh dear..you think I haven't...though I dnt go to a church....I asked some pastors and friends who tried to convince me to be a christian but do you know how it ends...after giving me the unconvincing reply to the question, they tell me the bible isn't any book you can understand..that I need to b filled with holy spirit....how can I possibly jump into something I dnt understand with the hope it will be clear in future..we av seen many men of God who claimed to be filled with holy spirit when they were christians and for those of them who later convert to been muslim...I can't help but wonder if this is thesame holyspirit that I nEed to b in me

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by tonididdy(m): 7:33pm On Jun 08, 2013
who is zakir? Pls

*curious christian*
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by kuss: 7:37pm On Jun 08, 2013
NO EVEN A SINGLE PICTURE TO SUPPORT THEIR CLAIM
MTWWWW
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by udatso: 7:38pm On Jun 08, 2013
Chris†Kid:

Where did you get that info? I watched peace tv india today and even watched some of his lectures....please I need proof sir
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by udatso: 7:42pm On Jun 08, 2013
tonididdy: who is zakir? Pls

*curious christian*
Google will always be loyal to you
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by bobthebuilder99(m): 7:48pm On Jun 08, 2013
Government puts 24 foreign 'hate channels' on notice for showing anti-India TV shows after intelligence alert

By Pratul Sharma

Hate channels which are illegally down-linked and freely available to viewers near the India-Pakistan and north-eastern borders have become important weapons in the psychological war against India.

The Intelligence Bureau (IB) has red-flagged 24 "illegal" foreign channels for beaming anti-India programmes.

The potential for mischief by these channels was serious enough for the government to concede in Parliament: "The content of some of these channels is not conducive to the security environment in the country and poses a potential security hazard."

The government has red-flagged Indian preacher Zakir Naik-run peace TV which is illegally aired in India

The government has red-flagged 'Peace TV', which is illegally aired in India and run by preacher Zakir Naik

The government has initiated steps to enhance the penal provisions for beaming such channels.

Amendments to the Cable TV Act, which will include higher fines apart from the existing jail provisions, are ready to be introduced in Parliament.

The government's move to block the channels follows a spate of communal incidents in Uttar Pradesh, Hyderabad, Assam, Srinagar, Mumbai and other parts of India in recent months following motivated reports.

However, the authorities find it difficult to jam all channels. Encouraged by this lack of control and easily available in the border areas and even elsewhere, these channels are brought into homes via cable TV.

Ajit Doval, former director of the Intelligence Bureau, said, "If these channels are indulging in anti-national and seditious activities which are detrimental to the security of the country, then the government should take suitable legal action and a technological response to counter them."

Most hate channels focus on news or religious affairs. Pakistani TV channels identified as being stridently anti-India include QTV, Madani TV, ARY TV, the official broadcaster PTV, PTV Home, PTV World, Geo TV, Dawn, Express, Waqat, Noor TV, Hadi TV, Aaj, Filmax and STV.

They are available in Jammu Kashmir and Punjab. Other TV channels that are illegally down-linked into India and are known to spew malicious content include Peace TV (Dubai), Saudi TV, TV Maldives, NTV (Bangladesh), XYZ TV, Nepal TV, Kantipur (Nepal), Ahmedia Channel (UK-based) and Bhutan Broadcasting Service.

These channels are watched in the north-eastern states and in areas bordering Nepal.

Sources said channels like QTV and Indian preacher Zakir Naik-run Peace TV are also available through cable TV operators in Delhi and Uttar Pradesh. Many cable operators are unaware that it is illegal to air these channels.

Indian viewers are drawn to the illegally shown TV channels because of the entertainment programmes they show.

For instance, Pakistan's official broadcaster PTV has a dedicated following for its highly popular drama and comedy shows.

But, it is illegal in India. The channel was banned following the Kargil conflict and increased terrorist activities in India a decade ago.

It is the dangerous content that the Intelligence Bureau has opposed. Unverified reports on the desecration of the holy Quran telecast on Iran TV, an illegally downloaded channel, had sparked violent protests in Jammu and Kashmir. The channel is banned in the Valley.

The anti Islam film, 'Innocence of Muslims', triggered riots and protests in Mumbai and other parts of the country.

The government is wary that incendiary films or visuals can disturb the peace.

Sources said the anti-India propaganda to misguide viewers in India is very carefully managed. Foreign channels provide free space for people who are wellknown India baiters.

Even the news telecast is sometimes loaded against India and aimed at whipping up communal passions.

The Indian security agencies and the army are shown in poor light and blamed for human rights abuses. In the border areas, despite the access to Indian channels, there is a demand for TV programmes from across the border.

This makes it easier to slip in content that is "coloured" and likely to stir up passions.

Officials said the problem of anti-India channels pertains mainly to cable operators and not other platforms like DTH.

There are over 60,000 registered cable operators in the country and it is not easy to monitor them, said officials.

Digitisation could be a solution as it will be easy to track what is being shown by a cable operator.

But this will take some time. Officials said digitisation will not be completed before 2014.

In other words people in the border areas, where the problem of illegal channels is acute, could continue to watch these channels for at least two years even though the digitisation rollout goes according to present plans.

The issue of illegal channels has been plaguing the government for long but it has not been able to find an effective answer to deal with the issue.

Sources said on the intervention of the Prime Minister's Office, a committee of secretaries analysed the issue in 2010.

A technical group comprising National Technical Research Organisation (NTRO), CERT-in and the Intelligence Bureau had explored various technical options to address the issue of showing illegal contents by the cable networks.

They were of the view that localised blocking of a specified TV channel using a terrestrial transmitter is neither feasible nor a financially viable option.

Secondly, although it is technically possible to block a particular channel on a pan India basis by disturbing, or jamming the downlink frequency of a particular TV channel, "such actions are not internationally acceptable," sources said.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by DrBaby(f): 7:49pm On Jun 08, 2013
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by bobthebuilder99(m): 7:54pm On Jun 08, 2013
Hmmm...

He doesn't seem like a good guy. He is even banned in his own country of birth.

BTW, "communal" is the Indian version of "tribal".
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by mamdanju: 8:23pm On Jun 08, 2013
[img][994376_4973597341316_1550061027_n/img]
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by raeez(m): 8:30pm On Jun 08, 2013
This picture was sent to me today by a friend will ask him if I can get more. Btw that is the national stadium in abuja

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by lanrexlan(m): 8:32pm On Jun 08, 2013
Chris†Kid:

Liar,peace tv is located in Dubai,not india.....Peace
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by raeez(m): 8:36pm On Jun 08, 2013
And this is a little fact I know about dr zakir naik he is knowledgeable in the quran the bible both the old and new testatament and also in hindu scriptures
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by latifatai: 8:42pm On Jun 08, 2013
I wonder why some people will want to comment by force.
Zakir Naik is an islamic scholar who preaches nothing but peace. His ban from UK is baseless as he was quoted out of context. If you ever listen to any of his lectures then you will come to agree with me.
Instead of just being an online activist, why dont you try attend any of his lectures and seek clarification on any issue bothering on islam. He will infact give you preference on questions session over the muslims.
Insha Allah, he will be in lagos next weekend. The venue is sky pavillion, opebi
He accomodates people of other faith, not like the ignorant boko haram.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by PurestBoy(m): 8:42pm On Jun 08, 2013
udatso:
Where did you get that info? I watched peace tv india today and even watched some of his lectures....please I need proof sir

Google "Peace tv in India" and you will see the word banned everywhere with credible newslinks.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by bobthebuilder99(m): 8:44pm On Jun 08, 2013
lanrexlan: Liar,peace tv is located in Dubai,not india.....Peace

It is located in Dubai because it is banned in India.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by lanrexlan(m): 8:55pm On Jun 08, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

It is located in Dubai because it is banned in India.
Another lie,peace tv is being located in Dubai since it inauguration,All the broadcasts are done in Dubai,not India.Only some conferences are done in india and the clips are sent to Dubai.....Peace
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by PurestBoy(m): 9:02pm On Jun 08, 2013
lanrexlan: Liar,peace tv is located in Dubai,not india.....Peace

You're an illiterate and a pathetic liar, ordinary google will prove u wrong.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by latifatai: 9:17pm On Jun 08, 2013
To be realistic, religion is a sensitive issue all over the world. It's believed religious comparison could spark violence but that is not the mission of comparative scholars. For those who really care about knowledge, it is always an opportunity to know more about other people's faith.
It's only in countries like Nigeria that we talk about ISLAM & CHRISTIANITY. India is a multi-religious country, so what Zakir does is to compare all these faiths and correct people's impression about islam.
If he preaches violence, people like Yusuf Estees of US will never have anything to do with him.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by lanrexlan(m): 9:19pm On Jun 08, 2013
PurestBoy:

Come and see how gullible you are.This is from wikipedia
Peace TV is a nonprofit satellite television network broadcasting globally 24/7 from Dubai,United Arab Emirate(UAE).Peace TV programs are all in the English language and telecast free-to-air. The founder and president of Peace TV is Zakir Naik,an Islamic preacher from Mumbai, India.
[url]
PurestBoy:

Peace TV is a nonprofit satellite television network broadcasting globally 24/7 from Dubai,United Arab Emirate(UAE).Peace TV programs are all in the English language and telecast free-to-air. The founder and president of Peace TV is Zakir Naik,an Islamic preacher from Mumbai, India.
[/url]
PurestBoy:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peace_TV

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Muslim Singer Praises Allah with ‘Zazoo Zeh’ (Video) / Prophet Muhammad in the Bible / Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.