Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,475 members, 7,891,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:42 PM

Zakir Naik Live In Abuja - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Zakir Naik Live In Abuja (23163 Views)

Dr Zakir Naik At National Stadium Surulere Sat & Sun June 15th & 16th / Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June / Dr Zakir Naik; Who Is He? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by preselect(m): 1:11am On Jun 11, 2013
samibel: can you prove it, u just hear stories without fact, can u prove that any Nigerian was killed because of that?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/4728616.stm

This was just the begining

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by preselect(m): 1:20am On Jun 11, 2013
teniyi: O please, Christians, real Christians know better than that. Real Christians will not go and burn houses or kill people bc a Muslim is coming to preach. If you like but 70,000 copies of the bible, real Christians won't even riot.

Has there ever a time you hear a group of Muslim coming together to burn the bible? If the bible is burnt, then its burn by the christian.
How many time have muslims accuse christian of promoting homosexuals and the like despite the fact that these vices were promoted and supported by top church leaders to the extent of conducting marriage for them at the church?
Here is a muslim coming to better the muslims live and man-worshippers (christian) are complain!

You can burn 500 bibles, na your money. Christians won't even blink. Infact the Igbo Christians may even use it as business and supply you more bibles to burn, as long as you pay for them. grin

We don't worship bible or pictures. So of you want to burn, na ya Money u de burn. But we will not shed blood bc of it. That is how a peaceful religion is.

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by akandejames: 4:05am On Jun 11, 2013
4 people accepts Islam in Abuja during Dr. Zakir's question and answer session. Follow this link below to his organizations status update on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/ZakirNaikFans/posts/10151610223899194
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by akandejames: 4:21am On Jun 11, 2013
pres-elect:

We don't worship bible or pictures. So of you want to burn, na ya Money u de burn. But we will not shed blood bc of it. That is how a peaceful religion is.

if an investment is worth struggling for, my dear, it's your salvation that should be top priority in this century. Forget about sentiment and know what you practice and defend it. Not even muslims should be caught doing follow follow talkless of Christians. what we suffer from today is IGNORANCE of what the true religion is and its demands causing us to even deny when we see facts or proofs to justify the religion because religious forbids all evil thing we enjoy in our soiciety today (gambling, womanizing, drinking alcohol, interest on loan, illicit sex, p0rn, showoff, same sex etc). If we are true muslims or christians, when we read our Qur'an or Bible, WE MUST ASK QUESTIONS WITH OPEN HEART, NOT SENTIMENT. my parting words with you is, "The religion is nothing but a SINCERE ADVICE" and "ONLY WISE WILL WORSHIP GOD APPROPRIATELY"
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by thehomer: 8:08am On Jun 11, 2013
udatso:
First of all, that statement you made about been free to do anything you like to one's faith, lots of true christians here don't agree with that. But let me explain it again with this logic. If mr A and mr B are incompatible but its a must to stay togeda under 1 roof, there is a basic rule that will ensure that they live without quarell and fight.what is that? Don't cross my line and I won't cross yours. If mr A breaks dis rule and mr B punishes him for it, who is to blame...if there is one thing I know of christianity, its that they keep preaching that you love your neighbour as thyself..so is it love by crossing the boundary set by your neighbour even though you know the consequence?....

Will those Christians go out and burn down your Mosque for burning a Bible deliberately or by accident? Will they go out and kill, loot and destroy because they suspect that their prophet may have been insulted?

If Mr B makes the rule that Mr A does not have the right to speak freely, then Mr B is unserious and deserves to be punished if he acts foolishly towards Mr A.

If it is a stupid boundary, then it deserves to be crossed. I notice that you're actually justifying murder and looting because someone thought that a religious book was destroyed. That is just shamefully backward.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by thehomer: 8:17am On Jun 11, 2013
udatso:
Fine vatican city isn't a country, kids aren't raised there..yes I agree to all that..but the question remains, what is wrong in building a mosque there

It is not a country. I do not have to allow you to come and build a mosque in my house.

udatso:
As for the university you asked for, I will get links for such news as I av only 1 now :www.nairaland.com/1319969/muslims-denied-place-worship-rivers

Good. For once, one of you has finally managed to provide evidence in support of their claim. Now if the refusal by that university is unjust, why is the university in Kano allowed to prevent others from building their own houses of worship? Or are is Islam the "really true religion" such that none other must be permitted?
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by thehomer: 8:17am On Jun 11, 2013
udatso:
When I asked that question about CAN, it wasn't to decide if its wrong for them to be involved..I was only giving you example of how you shy away from facts that are obvious...

How is it shying away when what I've said is that one should be fair to all groups?
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by vedaxcool(m): 10:57am On Jun 11, 2013
lanrexlan: Don't mind all those blabbers on NL jare,the first non muslim female that asked a question on saturday during the 1st lecture accepted Jesus(pbuh) as a messenger of God and not God.Two females aslo accepted Islam afterwards

Alhamdulilah, they seek to extinguish the light of Allah, nay Allah perfects it even more.

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by udatso: 1:09pm On Jun 11, 2013
thehomer:

Will those Christians go out and burn down your Mosque for burning a Bible deliberately or by accident? Will they go out and kill, loot and destroy because they suspect that their prophet may have been insulted?

If Mr B makes the rule that Mr A does not have the right to speak freely, then Mr B is unserious and deserves to be punished if he acts foolishly towards Mr A.

If it is a stupid boundary, then it deserves to be crossed. I notice that you're actually justifying murder and looting because someone thought that a religious book was destroyed. That is just shamefully backward.
The question here is must you insult another's faith...is that what christianity teaches......? So why can't you let the sleeping dog lie...must you burn their holy book...and please don't misquote me, am not justifying murder....no muslim should kill another just for crossing their boundary or insulting what we hold sacred...even though islam is against this, some muslims still do it but who is to blame? The muslims are wrong for doing that but who made sure the muslims did that..? The so called true christians who can't let us be. Is it a doctrine in christianity that you must insult other faiths to enter into the kingdom of God?
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by thehomer: 1:17pm On Jun 11, 2013
udatso:
The question here is must you insult another's faith...is that what christianity teaches......? So why can't you let the sleeping dog lie...must you burn their holy book...and please don't misquote me, am not justifying murder....no muslim should kill another just for crossing their boundary or insulting what we hold sacred...even though islam is against this, some muslims still do it but who is to blame? The muslims are wrong for doing that but who made sure the muslims did that..? The so called true christians who can't let us be. Is it a doctrine in christianity that you must insult other faiths to enter into the kingdom of God?

I don't have to burn it but I can if I want to. Its my copy of the book. The Muslims killing people are to blame while those who keep quiet while others are being murdered should be ready to be criticized for their silence. Those who try to justify it of course are just offering encouragement for such acts.

Or do you think that Christians are to blame when Muslims misbehave? If Christians went out killing Muslims every time they burnt e.g the American flag, would you then be happy? If not, why should Muslims be held to a lower standard than the rest of the world?
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by vedaxcool(m): 1:18pm On Jun 11, 2013
grin

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by udatso: 1:22pm On Jun 11, 2013
thehomer:

It is not a country. I do not have to allow you to come and build a mosque in my house.

Good. For once, one of you has finally managed to provide evidence in support of their claim. Now if the refusal by that university is unjust, why is the university in Kano allowed to prevent others from building their own houses of worship? Or are is Islam the "really true religion" such that none other must be permitted?
It seems you don't get my idea here..you started by talking about Dr zakir naiks comment that he said that christians shouldn't be allowed to build a place of worship in an islamic state/country and I said all these so you would know that its an issue of 50/50...we don't allow christians, and christians don't allow us...so y does it hurt you that much....I jst tried to make sure you don't point accusing fingers on something you are guilty of..let the kettle not call the pot black

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by udatso: 1:58pm On Jun 11, 2013
thehomer:

I don't have to burn it but I can if I want to. Its my copy of the book. The Muslims killing people are to blame while those who keep quiet while others are being murdered should be ready to be criticized for their silence. Those who try to justify it of course are just offering encouragement for such acts.

Or do you think that Christians are to blame when Muslims misbehave? If Christians went out killing Muslims every time they burnt e.g the American flag, would you then be happy? If not, why should Muslims be held to a lower standard than the rest of the world?
Wow..you are amazing..I never knew american flag is now for christians....the last time I checked, there are muslims in america too...so I gues USA has two flags(1 for christians and 1 for muslims) or mayb just 1 for christians...do you even read what you are writing? At this point in time..am done with you since you insist on supporting someone who insults other faiths....I don't support muslims killing the innocents or one who insults islam and I will always speak against it....islam doesn't support terrorism its normal context. The difference between me and you is that I admit the faults in what some muslims do and you don't see any fault in yours...one good advice for you...please clear head from sentiments..only then you will be able to tell right from wrong

3 Likes

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by preselect(m): 3:38pm On Jun 11, 2013
akande.james:

if an investment is worth struggling for, my dear, it's your salvation that should be top priority in this century. Forget about sentiment and know what you practice and defend it. Not even muslims should be caught doing follow follow talkless of Christians. what we suffer from today is IGNORANCE of what the true religion is and its demands causing us to even deny when we see facts or proofs to justify the religion because religious forbids all evil thing we enjoy in our soiciety today (gambling, womanizing, drinking alcohol, interest on loan, illicit sex, p0rn, showoff, same sex etc). If we are true muslims or christians, when we read our Qur'an or Bible, WE MUST ASK QUESTIONS WITH OPEN HEART, NOT SENTIMENT. my parting words with you is, "The religion is nothing but a SINCERE ADVICE" and "ONLY WISE WILL WORSHIP GOD APPROPRIATELY"

Thanks for your advice, I'm happy with my Christianity and I'm glad I'm following (or trying to follow grin ) Jesus Christ.

It's okay to be what you want to be as long as people don't get hurt whenever you are upset.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by musaibnabdul(m): 10:34pm On Jun 11, 2013
Sheikh Dr zakir naik is a peace loving man, he encourages xtians to challenge him to debates on the 'Bible' not even the Quran. For any xtains in lagos who want to put him to shame and convert him to christianity ( he offers to convert to christianity if he loses). Should get his question ready and head to lagos over the weekend and he would be there in company of his 14 yrs old son.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by musaibnabdul(m): 10:37pm On Jun 11, 2013
Thanks for your advice, I'm happy with my Christianity and I'm glad I'm following (or trying to follow grin ) Jesus Christ.

It's okay to be what you want to be as long as people don't get hurt whenever you are upset.[/quote]
what do you know about Islam?
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by preselect(m): 12:59am On Jun 12, 2013
musaibnabdul:
what do you know about Islam?

Not much. But I do know that many non Muslims are concerned that a lot of violence has been associated with terrorists chanting Allah Akbar and quoting the Koran. I do know its only a minority of Muslims who do this but it's concerning all the same.

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by thehomer: 8:24am On Jun 12, 2013
udatso:
It seems you don't get my idea here..you started by talking about Dr zakir naiks comment that he said that christians shouldn't be allowed to build a place of worship in an islamic state/country and I said all these so you would know that its an issue of 50/50...we don't allow christians, and christians don't allow us...so y does it hurt you that much....I jst tried to make sure you don't point accusing fingers on something you are guilty of..let the kettle not call the pot black

Can you name three countries that don't allow Muslims to build mosques? I'm talking about actual countries here. What I find annoying is the hypocrisy that you're supporting here. Just point out the countries that don't allow Muslims to build mosques.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by thehomer: 8:28am On Jun 12, 2013
udatso:
Wow..you are amazing..I never knew american flag is now for christians....the last time I checked, there are muslims in america too...so I gues USA has two flags(1 for christians and 1 for muslims) or mayb just 1 for christians...do you even read what you are writing? At this point in time..am done with you since you insist on supporting someone who insults other faiths....I don't support muslims killing the innocents or one who insults islam and I will always speak against it....islam doesn't support terrorism its normal context. The difference between me and you is that I admit the faults in what some muslims do and you don't see any fault in yours...one good advice for you...please clear head from sentiments..only then you will be able to tell right from wrong

Did I say the American flag was for Christians? It looks like you're once again appealing to a double standard. Muslims don't like it when a Qur'an gets burned. Americans don't like it when their flag gets burned but you seem to find something wrong with one but not the other. My question is why? Why shouldn't Muslims be held to the standard they would like others to be held?

The difference between us is that I support the freedom of speech and religious expression more than you and Naik do and since I won't sink to your level of intolerance and bigotry, I would advice you and others like you to rise to my level of tolerance if you really want us to live in peace.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by vedaxcool(m): 8:38am On Jun 12, 2013
^^^

So says the bigot who believes in forcing secularity down peoples throat and insulting/mocking people who do not share his atheist beliefs with him

thehomer:
Mocking religions is one way to show the ridiculousness and impotence of those Gods and the religious beliefs.

vedaxcool:

Lying for atheism now? , were did I make the above statement? Maybe you were sleepy when u typed the above lie, how would you feel if I re-wrote the above statement as you hommer would fight to impose secularity on a world that compose of so many different faith and ideaology (stalin did similar and Jacob did so in france)

Davidylan would have done better than this crappy illiteracy you brought to the table!
thehomer:

davidylan would do better? Go ahead and await his response.
Sure I would fight for a secular government based on reason and evidence because it is generally far better than your Islamic governments.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by thehomer: 8:44am On Jun 12, 2013
vedaxcool: ^^^

So says the bigot who believes in forcing secularity down peoples throat and insulting/mocking people who do not share his athiest beliefs with him

So to you, tolerance and the absence of government favour towards a religion to the exclusion of others is bigotry? Freedom of expression is bigotry? Frankly, you're not ready for the modern world. And until you Muslims do something about it, you'll keep being presented to the global community by terrorists.

At least I recognize that Muslims can do better than they are currently doing but you want your fellow Muslims to be patronized.

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by vedaxcool(m): 8:55am On Jun 12, 2013
^^^

Typically you resort to addressing what isn't in the quote! grin grin grin grin I truly do not have time for your poorly reasoned statements!
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by deols(f): 10:12am On Jun 12, 2013
Please does anyone here know how to get tickets for the Lagos event?

or are they free like the Abuja ones? My Family and I are interested pls.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by probsolver: 9:34pm On Jun 12, 2013
DR Zakir Naik in Lagos?

Dr Zakir Naik, the world famous orator on Islam & comparative religion comes to Lagos, courtesy of the Islamic Platform of Nigeria.

Dr Zakir Naik founded the Islamic Research Foundation (IRF) in Mumbai (Bombay), India. Naik says he was inspired by Ahmed Deedat, an Islamic preacher, having met him in 1987. (Naik is sometimes referred to as "Deedat plus", a label given to him by Deedat himself.) Naik says that his goal is to "concentrate on the educated Muslim youth who have become apologetic about their own religion and have started to feel the religion is outdated." 

NEW VENUE: NATIONAL STADIUM, SURULERE

DATE : SATURDAY AND SUNDAY ONLY (15th and 16th of JUNE).

TIME : 10am- 1:30pm Daily

Admission: FREE
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by deols(f): 11:10am On Jun 13, 2013
what about the topic and who is giving the lecture on each day
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by mamsong9(m): 12:03pm On Jun 13, 2013
basilico: [color=#990000][/color]Not seen or heard anywting about this. Did if ask the Boko haram to stop murdering civillians? Did he advice them that killing of innocent is 'forbid' in the Koran?

May be you should direct that advice to Jeri Gana, your top C.A.N official who is the major sponsor of Boko haram, to advice them to stop killing innocent lives. so please leave Zakir Naik at out this. He is not even a Nigerian.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by mamsong9(m): 12:09pm On Jun 13, 2013
thehomer:

Did I say the American flag was for Christians? It looks like you're once again appealing to a double standard. Muslims don't like it when a Qur'an gets burned. Americans don't like it when their flag gets burned but you seem to find something wrong with one but not the other. My question is why? Why shouldn't Muslims be held to the standard they would like others to be held?

The difference between us is that I support the freedom of speech and religious expression more than you and Naik do and since I won't sink to your level of intolerance and bigotry, I would advice you and others like you to rise to my level of tolerance if you really want us to live in peace.

please what is the meaning of bigot? MUMU
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by mamsong9(m): 12:25pm On Jun 13, 2013
thehomer:

Whenever we hear bomb blast, you people start shouting Muslim, can I say that you people are big FOOLS? what was your comment when two women were caught with a bomb in a coffin as they were trying to smuggle it in to the very church they used to worship? if such a bomb should detonate in that church what would you have said? i'm telling you, you people would continue to suffer as long as the hatred you have for Islam would not allow you to look inside your churches for hypocrites. your leaders are the ones killing you people. But I can't blame sheep for lack of understanding. were you people not call sheep and your pastors the shepherd.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by smoy: 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2013
Peace, I could not asses Nairaland on sunday the las day for Zakir in Abuja on this trip meanwhile I did not updated you and being away since then. The crowd of the 2nd day was as much as the 1st and not less than 4 christian reverted after plain truth fron Zakir Alhamdulilah may Allah protect their faith. I tried to upload pic idont know how pls info.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by thehomer: 5:23pm On Jun 13, 2013
mamsong9:

please what is the meaning of bigot? MUMU

You could have just consulted an online dictionary.
Bigot: One who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices.

You're in violation of Rule 2. I hope the mod takes note.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by thehomer: 5:26pm On Jun 13, 2013
mamsong9:

Whenever we hear bomb blast, you people start shouting Muslim, can I say that you people are big FOOLS? what was your comment when two women were caught with a bomb in a coffin as they were trying to smuggle it in to the very church they used to worship? if such a bomb should detonate in that church what would you have said? i'm telling you, you people would continue to suffer as long as the hatred you have for Islam would not allow you to look inside your churches for hypocrites. your leaders are the ones killing you people. But I can't blame sheep for lack of understanding. were you people not call sheep and your pastors the shepherd.

People shout Muslim for good reason. For the past few years, the incidents of bomb blasts for the purpose of killing innocent civilians have been carried out by Muslims. So before you start calling others fools, take a look at your fellow Muslims.

You're still in violation of Rule 2. Mod, please take note.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prophet Muhammad in the Bible / Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? / Permissible Hairstyle For Men In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.