Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,473 members, 7,891,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 11:33 PM

Zakir Naik Live In Abuja - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Zakir Naik Live In Abuja (23162 Views)

Dr Zakir Naik At National Stadium Surulere Sat & Sun June 15th & 16th / Dr. Zakir Naik In Nigeria From 8th June / Dr Zakir Naik; Who Is He? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by thehomer: 9:19am On Jun 09, 2013
udatso:
Before you point accusing fingers on another religion, you should check yours first. I have watched the video and he said churches are not allowed in islamic countries which I fully support. Let me ask you this, are mosques allowed in vatican city? Hell no..so why are you so particular about it...in Bayero university kano, there isn't a church there as they were nt allowed to build but space was provided for them for their services...equally other universities in christian dominated state do not allow mosques to be built in their schools tooo...its a fifty fifty case to me so why are you taking this as a point to take him down....

You should be ashamed of what you're saying here. Why are you against non-Muslims building their own places of worship with their own funds? Is Vatican City an actual country? How many children are born and raised there? If churches aren't allowed to be built in that university, then no places of religious worship should be allowed to be built. That is how secular countries work. Which public university in a Christian dominated state doesn't allow mosques to be built? Seriously what you're doing is simply saying that Muslims aren't good citizens for Nigeria.

udatso:
When I was in secondary sch, we had a teacher we nicknamed terrorist....we dnt call him that cos he goes about killing christians or people..he was a terrorist to us because he was an expert in flogging...most of us were so poor in maths that we were flogged on daily basis...when he approaches, we quiver with fear...zakir said every muslim should be terrorist, but in wha regards? You didn't include it cos it doesn't suit ur plan.he also said a policeman should be terrorist to criminals, but you left that out..this is just a case of you trying to defame this gentleman for no good reason...and I can assure you this that the only way u can get something to attack him is if you quote him out of context....open your mind and watch the video in whole...the videos you posted are all morethan 1 hour lectures but you gave the link of the short version so you can support your hate with it..and about enemies of islam, who are they? Are the non-muslims the enemies of islam? The enemies of islam are those who would go about spreading lies about islam(always writing false books about islam, fake quran or causing mischief(burning the quran, insulting the prophet)...these are the actual enemies of islam...y can't christians for once practise their religion and leave us alone to do same? There isn't negative thing you would say about this man, that I won't defend...clear ur mind of hate and ur judgement unclouded...peace be onto you

This is just ridiculous. You're now trying to equivocate on what it means to be a terrorist. When you find yourself defending terrorism, you should slow down and think about what you're saying. Firstly, what does it mean to say that somene is a terrorist? And in what context is it fine to be a terrorist?

So burning the Qur'an is mischief. What you're implying though is that you're not ready to live in the modern world. If someone buys a copy of the Qur'an and burns it, are they stopping you from practicing your religion? Does insulting the prophet stop you from praying to him?
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by udatso: 10:07am On Jun 09, 2013
thehomer:

You should be ashamed of what you're saying here. Why are you against non-Muslims building their own places of worship with their own funds? Is Vatican City an actual country? How many children are born and raised there? If churches aren't allowed to be built in that university, then no places of religious worship should be allowed to be built. That is how secular countries work. Which public university in a Christian dominated state doesn't allow mosques to be built? Seriously what you're doing is simply saying that Muslims aren't good citizens for Nigeria.

This is just ridiculous. You're now trying to equivocate on what it means to be a terrorist. When you find yourself defending terrorism, you should slow down and think about what you're saying. Firstly, what does it mean to say that somene is a terrorist? And in what context is it fine to be a terrorist?

So burning the Qur'an is mischief. What you're implying though is that you're not ready to live in the modern world. If someone buys a copy of the Qur'an and burns it, are they stopping you from practicing your religion? Does insulting the prophet stop you from praying to him?
Check my reply about someone who asked that question of the context in which been a terrorist is ryt and I already replied that....no muslim should terorrise an innocent person.even the guilty, its not for the muslims to take up arms and kill them..there are laws.
Secondly am quiet surprised that you don't see any fault in someone burning down or insulting the belief of another...modern world according to you is tolerance...is someone who burns the quran in the modern world...you see my dear, when you apply this tactic, you will find out that the person who actually burnt the quran or publish fake copies actually isn't tolerant at all...if he was, he would have nothing to do wt another's faith...as for the vatican city, the fact remains that mosque can't be built there....seriously, if you are asking me to point out which university doesn't allow mosque to be built in this country, I won't reply your messages again cos its like asking me to give proof of wen CAN got involved in political matters...

4 Likes

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by teniyi(m): 10:42am On Jun 09, 2013
For those who are jealous of the presence Naik in Nigeria, especially the christian, YOU WILL NOTHING to do to it. The sleeping giant (Muslim) is awaken.
We don't want Boko Haram and their brothers in CAN to be on our wheels of of progress again.
You will hear more of names like Naik, Khalid Yasin, Yasir Khadi, Hakeem Quick etc.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by teniyi(m): 10:47am On Jun 09, 2013
Does insulting the prophet stop you from praying to him?[/quote]
From the last sentence alone, its shows how brain dead you are.
Is it the prophet that the Muslim pray to? Light and real salvation is still far from you.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by teniyi(m): 10:52am On Jun 09, 2013
Iykeponti: Why Abuja? He should go to Borno to lecture his pple... b/h angry
What's your stress? Is it the muslims that dictate to your foreign pastors whenever the visit there sheep in Nigeria, hm you hm you!
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by udatso: 11:10am On Jun 09, 2013
thehomer:

Does insulting the prophet stop you from praying to him?
You don't even know who muslims pray to...you really know nothing about islam sir
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by probsolver: 11:34am On Jun 09, 2013
Pls who is @ dr zakir abdul kareem naik lecture today. Pls update us to av first hand info. Pics, if possible audio.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by preselect(m): 12:11pm On Jun 09, 2013
teniyi: For those who are jealous of the presence Naik in Nigeria, especially the christian, YOU WILL NOTHING to do to it. The sleeping giant (Muslim) is awaken.
We don't want Boko Haram and their brothers in CAN to be on our wheels of of progress again.
You will hear more of names like Naik, Khalid Yasin, Yasir Khadi, Hakeem Quick etc.
O please, Christians, real Christians know better than that. Real Christians will not go and burn houses or kill people bc a Muslim is coming to preach. If you like but 70,000 copies of the bible, real Christians won't even riot. We are not trying to stop the lecture we are simply expressing our opinion. And intelligent Muslims would have simply tried to calm strained nerves by explaining better about who these guy is.

I don't know him but I saw a video clip of him saying OBL terrorizing America is a good thing.

But hey, Christians are a non violent group of people are we are not trying to stop your lecture pls.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by thehomer: 12:13pm On Jun 09, 2013
udatso:
You don't even know who muslims pray to...you really know nothing about islam sir

Sorry that should have been praying to God. Does insulting the prophet stop you from praying to your God?
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by thehomer: 12:14pm On Jun 09, 2013
udatso:
I am a terrorist to lesbians and gays...now that's a nice statement to make in that context..do you need more?

Yes I do because that is not a nice statement to make either. Unless you think the statement "I am a terrorist to Muslims" is a nice statement to make.

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by thehomer: 12:23pm On Jun 09, 2013
udatso:
Check my reply about someone who asked that question of the context in which been a terrorist is ryt and I already replied that....no muslim should terorrise an innocent person.even the guilty, its not for the muslims to take up arms and kill them..there are laws.

But Dr Zakir Naik doesn't agree with that. He said every Muslim should be a terrorist to Americans. Is it possible that there are some Americans who are innocent?

udatso:
Secondly am quiet surprised that you don't see any fault in someone burning down or insulting the belief of another...modern world according to you is tolerance...is someone who burns the quran in the modern world...you see my dear, when you apply this tactic, you will find out that the person who actually burnt the quran or publish fake copies actually isn't tolerant at all...if he was, he would have nothing to do wt another's faith...

I still don't see what the problem is. I see nothing wrong with burning any religious book that someone bought with their own funds. Neither do I see any problem with insulting other people's beliefs since obviously, you're welcome to do the same to their documents and their beliefs as long as you bought it with your own money. It is not the appropriate response to go out and kill them.

udatso:
as for the vatican city, the fact remains that mosque can't be built there....seriously, if you are asking me to point out which university doesn't allow mosque to be built in this country, I won't reply your messages again cos its like asking me to give proof of wen CAN got involved in political matters...

Is the Vatican City actually a country? Are children born and raised there? Yes I'm asking you to point out which public university does that. A private university is not a public university so please show me the public university that does that. Did I say CAN cannot be involved in political matters? Did I say some Islamic council cannot be involved in political matters? If one is allowed, the other is allowed the point is that none of them has some special place in policy making.

4 Likes

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by teniyi(m): 12:46pm On Jun 09, 2013
O please, Christians, real Christians know better than that. Real Christians will not go and burn houses or kill people bc a Muslim is coming to preach. If you like but 70,000 copies of the bible, real Christians won't even riot.

Has there ever a time you hear a group of Muslim coming together to burn the bible? If the bible is burnt, then its burn by the christian.
How many time have muslims accuse christian of promoting homosexuals and the like despite the fact that these vices were promoted and supported by top church leaders to the extent of conducting marriage for them at the church?
Here is a muslim coming to better the muslims live and man-worshippers (christian) are complain!
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by teniyi(m): 1:02pm On Jun 09, 2013
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by teniyi(m): 1:04pm On Jun 09, 2013
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by bobthebuilder99(m): 1:06pm On Jun 09, 2013
The Muslims on this thread started out denying that they would EVER support terrorism...then they started making excuses for terrorism.

This is why people like Zakir are banned all over the world.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by maclatunji: 3:03pm On Jun 09, 2013
bobthebuilder99: The Muslims on this thread started out denying that they would EVER support terrorism...then they started making excuses for terrorism.

Yawns!

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by Gudiza(m): 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2013
If a robber or any anti social element sees a policeman he is terrified. to the robber the policeman is a terrorist.if any anti social element sees a muslim he should be terrified.

So let's get this right, in the general context of what your scholar is saying essentially, It is OK for muslims to terrorize whatever is against their belief....well, that train is right on time buddy, and we're back to square one.

3 Likes

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by Aderoux: 6:33pm On Jun 09, 2013
lets assume someone is about to get raped. would u just allow the person go ahead to do d crime or terrorise the person to stop the action. being a terrorist in that context is bravery and if u fail to terrorise the person to stop it is an act of cowardice and also stupidity
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by preselect(m): 7:55pm On Jun 09, 2013
bobthebuilder99: The Muslims on this thread started out denying that they would EVER support terrorism...then they started making excuses for terrorism.

They've been primed. It's a brain game. Terrorism is being redefined. This guy said if America the terrorist is being terrorized then he will support it. And what exactly is "terrorizing America" ? Simple, killing innocent US citizens who are going about their own business. Na so o. Na in be that o.

I don't think this is good for Naija at this time. So my question to Muslims is this;

How would you feel if some dude comes to Nigeria to preach on the advantages of using drones in restive areas where Islamic extremists locate their violence? Bc that's how it sounds to me when this dude says he support terrorists that are terrorizing "America the terrorist"

2 Likes

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by bobthebuilder99(m): 8:04pm On Jun 09, 2013
Aderoux: lets assume someone is about to get raped. would u just allow the person go ahead to do d crime or terrorise the person to stop the action. being a terrorist in that context is bravery and if u fail to terrorise the person to stop it is an act of cowardice and also stupidity

This is why he is banned.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by bobthebuilder99(m): 8:06pm On Jun 09, 2013
pres-elect:

They've been primed. It's a brain game. Terrorism is being redefined. This guy said if America the terrorist is being terrorized then he will support it. And what exactly is "terrorizing America" ? Simple, killing innocent US citizens who are going about their own business. Na so o. Na in be that o.

I don't think this is good for Naija at this time. So my question to Muslims is this;

How would you feel if some dude comes to Nigeria to preach on the advantages of using drones in restive areas where Islamic extremists locate their violence? Bc that's how it sounds to me when this dude says he support terrorists that are terrorizing "America the terrorist"

Exactly. Maybe they should explain their philosophy to the families of the dead in the North.
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by samibel(f): 9:35am On Jun 10, 2013
Christians are more of terrorist, if it's not trouble you are looking for, how would you use your money to buy a holy book which is being respected by many and then born it, or insult a well respected man, and you expect no reaction in return. You knw when you do all that the muslims are gonna react, then y dnt u allow the sleeping dog be, is that not an act of terrorism. You guys dnt allow us be, u see our muslim sisters in hijab, u insult her and dnt give her respect, how have the hijab affected u in any way, if you are not terrorist.

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by preselect(m): 1:21pm On Jun 10, 2013
samibel: Christians are more of terrorist, if it's not trouble you are looking for, how would you use your money to buy a holy book which is being respected by many and then born it, or insult a well respected man, and you expect no reaction in return. You knw when you do all that the muslims are gonna react, then y dnt u allow the sleeping dog be, is that not an act of terrorism. You guys dnt allow us be, u see our muslim sisters in hijab, u insult her and dnt give her respect, how have the hijab affected u in any way, if you are not terrorist.

And so when an artist in Denmark makes a caricature of the prophet in 2005, hundreds of innocent citizens in northern Nigeria are put to death by Muslims who neither read the cartoons nor have even been to Denmark before and infact don't even know where Denmark is. They just kill any nearby Christian as if the Christians made the cartoons.

Then somehow turn around and say its a religion of peace. You think we are stoopid

2 Likes

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by vedaxcool(m): 10:56pm On Jun 10, 2013
After all the crying people r seeing the light;

tbaba1234: Alhumdulillah
Five people have taken their shahahdaas yesterday in Abuja
NIGERIA
In Dr Zakir Naik lecture
May Allah protect our beloved brother Dr Zakir Naik
Ameen and may Allah guide the new Muslims
Ameen
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by lanrexlan(m): 11:07pm On Jun 10, 2013
vedaxcool: After all the crying people r seeing the light;

Don't mind all those blabbers on NL jare,the first non muslim female that asked a question on saturday during the 1st lecture accepted Jesus(pbuh) as a messenger of God and not God.Two females aslo accepted Islam afterwards

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by samibel(f): 11:42pm On Jun 10, 2013
pres-elect:

And so when an artist in Denmark makes a caricature of the prophet in 2005, hundreds of innocent citizens in northern Nigeria are put to death by Muslims who neither read the cartoons nor have even been to Denmark before and infact don't even know where Denmark is. They just kill any nearby Christian as if the Christians made the cartoons.

Then somehow turn around and say its a religion of peace. You think we are stoopid
can you prove it, u just hear stories without fact, can u prove that any Nigerian was killed because of that?
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by udatso: 12:14am On Jun 11, 2013
thehomer:

But Dr Zakir Naik doesn't agree with that. He said every Muslim should be a terrorist to Americans. Is it possible that there are some Americans who are innocent?

I still don't see what the problem is. I see nothing wrong with burning any religious book that someone bought with their own funds. Neither do I see any problem with insulting other people's beliefs since obviously, you're welcome to do the same to their documents and their beliefs as long as you bought it with your own money. It is not the appropriate response to go out and kill them.

First of all, that statement you made about been free to do anything you like to one's faith, lots of true christians here don't agree with that. But let me explain it again with this logic. If mr A and mr B are incompatible but its a must to stay togeda under 1 roof, there is a basic rule that will ensure that they live without quarell and fight.what is that? Don't cross my line and I won't cross yours. If mr A breaks dis rule and mr B punishes him for it, who is to blame...if there is one thing I know of christianity, its that they keep preaching that you love your neighbour as thyself..so is it love by crossing the boundary set by your neighbour even though you know the consequence?....
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by udatso: 12:20am On Jun 11, 2013
thehomer:

Is the Vatican City actually a country? Are children born and raised there? Yes I'm asking you to point out which public university does that. A private university is not a public university so please show me the public university that does that. Did I say CAN cannot be involved in political matters? Did I say some Islamic council cannot be involved in political matters? If one is allowed, the other is allowed the point is that none of them has some special place in policy making.
Fine vatican city isn't a country, kids aren't raised there..yes I agree to all that..but the question remains, what is wrong in building a mosque there
As for the university you asked for, I will get links for such news as I av only 1 now :www.nairaland.com/1319969/muslims-denied-place-worship-rivers
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by udatso: 12:23am On Jun 11, 2013
thehomer:

. Did I say CAN cannot be involved in political matters? Did I say some Islamic council cannot be involved in political matters? If one is allowed, the other is allowed the point is that none of them has some special place in policy making.
When I asked that question about CAN, it wasn't to decide if its wrong for them to be involved..I was only giving you example of how you shy away from facts that are obvious...
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by udatso: 12:41am On Jun 11, 2013

Stop lying sir....the topic was suppose to be a platform to share live events of dr zakir naiks nigerian tour but you guys flooded here and diverted the whole idea to something else..are you the one that banned him all over the world
Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by udatso: 12:43am On Jun 11, 2013
Who is Dr Zakir Naik
A medical doctor by professional
training, Dr ZakirNaik is renowned as a
dynamic international orator on Islam
and Comparative Religion. Dr Zakir Naik
is the president of Islamic Research
Foundation, Mumbai. Dr Zakir clarifies
Islamic viewpoints and clears
misconceptions about Islam, using the
Qur’an, authentic Hadith and other
religious Scriptures as a basis, in
conjunction with reason, logic and
scientific facts. He is 47 years old.
He is popular for his critical analysis and
convincing answers to challenging
questions posed by audiences after his
public talks. In the last 17 years (by the
year 2013) Dr Zakir Naik has delivered
more than 2000 public talks in the
U.S.A., Canada, U.K., Italy, Saudi Arabia,
U.A.E., Kuwait, Qatar, Bahrain, Oman,
Egypt, Australia, New Zealand, South
Africa, Botswana, Sri Lanka, Brunei,
Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong,
Thailand, Guyana (South America),
Trinidad, Mauritius and many other
countries, in addition to numerous public
talks in India.
He is ranked in the top 62 list of the ‘500
Most Influential Muslims in the World’
published by George Washington
University in the year 2011 and 2012.
He was also listed No. 82 in the ‘100
Most Influential People in India’
published by Indian Express in 2009 and
listed No. 89 in 2010 amongst the billion
plus population of India. He was listed
No. 3 in the ‘Top 10 Spiritual Gurus of
India in 2009’ and he topped this list in
According to Google search engine Dr.
Zakir Naik’s result varies between 5 to
12 million (which changes daily) which is
not only one of the highest amongst the
Muslim religious speakers but also one of
the highest amongst any religious
speaker in the world.
He has successfully participated in
several symposia and dialogues with
prominent personalities of other faiths.
His public dialogue with Dr. William
Campbell (of USA) on the topic “The
Qur’an and the Bible in the light of
Science” held in Chicago, U.S.A., in April,
2000 was a resounding success.
His Interfaith Dialogue with prominent
Hindu Guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar on the
topic "The Concept of God in Hinduism
and Islam in the light of Sacred
Scriptures" held at Palace Grounds,
Bangalore, on 21st Jan. 2006, was highly
appreciated by people of both the faiths.
Sheikh Ahmed Deedat, the world famous
orator on Islam and Comparative
Religion, who had called Dr Zakir
“Deedat Plus” in 1994, presented a
plaque in May 2000 with the engraving
“Awarded to Dr. Zakir Abdul-Karim Naik
for his achievement in the field of
Da’wah and the study of Comparative
Religion. Son what you have done in 4
years had taken me 40 years to
accomplish, Alhamdulillah”.
Dr Zakir Naik appears regularly on many
international TV channels in more than
200 countries of the world. He is
regularly invited for TV and Radio
interviews. More than a hundred of his
talks, dialogues, debates and symposia
are available on DVDs and VCDs. He has
authored many books on Islam and
Comparative Religion.
The Idealogue and Driving Force behind
Peace TV Network is Dr. ZAKIR NAIK. He
launched Peace TV English, in January
2006, it being the largest watched
Islamic as well as any Religious Satellite
TV channel presently in the world, with
over 100 million viewership of which
25% are Non-Muslims. In its footsteps he
launched Peace TV Urdu in June 2008
and Peace TV Bangla in April 2011.

1 Like

Re: Zakir Naik Live In Abuja by udatso: 12:46am On Jun 11, 2013
lanrexlan: Don't mind all those blabbers on NL jare,the first non muslim female that asked a question on saturday during the 1st lecture accepted Jesus(pbuh) as a messenger of God and not God.Two females aslo accepted Islam afterwards
Allahu akbar..please tell me more about the event..how I wish I could go.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Prophet Muhammad in the Bible / Pig Fat In Shoprite Bread? / Permissible Hairstyle For Men In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.