Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,208 members, 7,923,061 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 05:48 PM

There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) - Literature (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) (736785 Views)

Your Best Story Ever Read On Nairaland / STORY FOR THE GODS [Nairaland Best Ever Magical Movie] / What Is The Best Story You Have Read On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 9:27pm On Oct 01, 2013
Screwface: An adventure of two kids with so much cash to throw around....smh tongue. And all this planning, counter planning, outrageous spending, unnecessary burning of fuel and risking of li-fe(ves) na untop woman matter o shocked...smh again. Na money and time una been get sha angry. make I jus de read dey go sha...still following cool cool
Women, Respect them. They have powers. Its about them, everything you do. Almost every other thing is foolishness.

6 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by plainmirror(m): 10:05pm On Oct 01, 2013
ZUBY77: Women, Respect them. They have powers. Its about them, everything you do. Almost every other thing is foolishness.
I totally disagree on this; its not always about women.
Don't generalize such matters next time.
One man food na anoda man poison

3 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by achi4u(m): 10:17pm On Oct 01, 2013
I agree with you oga Zubby.

All whatever a man is doing is just to impress a woman.

Ur cloths, cars,houses, shoes,education etc >>>is just to impress a woman.

*Little boys with narrow emotion won't understand this*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by manshyne(m): 10:44pm On Oct 01, 2013
My Oga (ZUBBY), Happy Independence Day Celebration....!
No more update today again ba?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 01, 2013
achi4u: I agree with you oga Zubby. All whatever a man is doing is just to impress a woman.
Ur cloths, cars,houses, shoes,education etc >>>is just to impress a woman.
Same thing applies to women, all the Brazilian/peruvian hair, eye-lashes, artificil nails, bumber-short, show-top. Is jst to impress the men too. So it's 50-50!!

4 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by achi4u(m): 6:08am On Oct 02, 2013
Wizee: Same thing applies to women, all the Brazilian/peruvian hair, eye-lashes, artificil nails, bumber-short, show-top. Is jst to impress the men too. So it's 50-50!!
Gbam.
you are right.

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 02, 2013
achi4u: Gbam.
you are right.

Yt life goes on

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 7:42am On Oct 02, 2013
Chapter 145

Before the security guy returned, Gbenga and his friend had deflated the entire four tyres of the Mercedes ML. I was the look out guy who was monitoring the movements of people.

''I don't like the smell of this weed'' I said as i handed the weed back to the security man and told him i needed my money back. He reluctantly went back to the dealer while i followed him at a considerable distance. When he returned to me, i gave him N200.

Then we walked down to the beach and saw Chinasa and money bag sitting under a coconut tree talking.

I excused myself from the area boys and walked up to them.

''Hello dicckkk head, i thought you said on the phone that you didn't care about me or Chinasa. What are you doing with her here. I told you that your car is one in town, it was very easy following you to this place'' i said as i brought out my phone and played the recorded phone conversation between us.

He was shocked to see me out there. He was vulnerable and alone. He couldn't mutter the courage to shout as usual.

''I called you to make peace with you but you threatened to attack me because you think i was getting weak. You see, i never get weak. I am a self-trained soldier who had seen good and bad times in this one life time. I don't really care what happens to me as long as i do my best to be careful. I enjoy trouble more than peace and if you wish to continue this war, i will be ready for you. Meanwhile, I tried to open your fuel tank to pour salt into it but fortunately for you, the tank was locked. Here are your valve covers and the salt. This is my last warning to you'' I said as i threw four valve covers and a sack of salt to him. I also brought out a small bottle of whisky and sipped from it.

Chinasa had stood up and faced Clement.

''So you said that you don't care about me Clem'' she said as she shook her head.

She left in anger and strolled up towards the exit.

''I am going after her now and she will become my girlfriend before the end of the day. That also means that if you go within 10-meter radius of her again, i will try another punishment on you; not on your car but on you'' I said and started walking towards Chinasa who was hundred meters away from me.

My two foot Soldiers were loitering around at all times during my little advice to Clement. He had seen them and he knew they came with me.

I brought out my phone and wrote a text message to Chinasa, it read: 'wait for me at the gate'

I saw her read the message, then she looked back and saw me walking slowly towards her. She stopped and started walking back towards me.

We met halfway as she slipped her hand on mine and said ''I guess this is the end of Clement and I''.

''Definitely Baby. But don't worry, he wasn't good for you'' I said as we walked towards the gate.

I looked back and saw Clement still sitting at his spot under the tree. He was still shocked from losing Chinasa and the air in his tyres.
I felt he wasn't done yet but i will be ready for him.

We drove to Surulere and packed the BMW, then we took public transport back to Jakande Estate. I felt that Clement could easily track me through the BMW and at the same time, i wanted to know if the area boys in Surulere would attack my car.
Attacking my car would anger me but it was better than attacking my body.

After some arguments, i had decided to take Chinasa back to her place. Her father was at home when we returned. As usual, he was angry with me but i had avoided entering his apartment. I had stood in front of the house and discussed with Chinasa before going back home. I had initially said that i won't take her home but she had insisted that i did. According to her, if she was really going to convince her father to give us his blessing, she must show him that she cared for me.

When i got home, i checked on the date the German Embassy stamped at the back of my international passport, it was getting to the fifth month. According to the instructions, i was supposed to apply again after six months.

November had come. The Christmas atmosphere had started to show up in Lagos. People had started to buy cars and cloths for the coming Christmas and new year.
I wasn't really into such things since it was obvious to me that i wasn't going home. My Christmas was going to be spent in Lagos or somewhere else, not at the village.

One afternoon, i went to the bank and withdrew some money. Chinasa was going home for Christmas and since her people knew that we were dating, they probably felt that i was going to buy her cloths. I had taken her to a boutique and bought her cloths and a handbag. I had also bought cloths for her younger brother who had become an ally of mine.

During the weeks following our last encounter with Clement. Our relationship had been upgraded to a higher level. She had started sleeping over at my Place and as a result, i had moved back to Surulere. I didn't hear or see Clement again and that was the same for the area boys.
Rumour had it that Kola was released a week after he was captured but had gone down to Ibadan where he was shot dead by the government security operatives.
Surulere was quiet. People went about their businesses.

Chinasa had gotten admission into a higher institution. Zainab had called several times but when i didn't answer, she had resorted to sending text messages. She had wanted to know what was wrong with me. At a time, she stopped calling.
Daisy stopped calling. Elizabeth stopped calling after stumbling on me and Chinasa at a restaurant. Uzoma respected herself and stopped calling, her sister Chilota never got the phone i promised her.
My whole life had become all about Chinasa. She was seen everywhere with me. People had started to ask when we were going to get married. Her father had gotten tired of us and had endorsed me when i dolled out the registration fees for her admission.
Maria had started calling regularly and wanted to know when i would return to Europe. Life went on day after day.

" When you are winning a war almost
everything that happens can be
claimed to be right and wise."

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by colonel20: 7:50am On Oct 02, 2013
^^^ first to say thank you for this dose. Gud morning 'll
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by kunlesehan(m): 7:59am On Oct 02, 2013
hmmmmm ... refreshing
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Lanceslot(m): 8:04am On Oct 02, 2013
Weldon Zubby, keep it coming.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by drnairalov: 8:24am On Oct 02, 2013
eeya..sad 4 kola

2 Likes

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by kobenol(m): 8:37am On Oct 02, 2013
Just in time Great Zubby...Thanks for this one.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by cheruv: 9:00am On Oct 02, 2013
That's the problem with this girlfriend of a thing.once you focus on one,the rest rebel from your dominion as we've seen with der berliner grin
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Asabaman(m): 2:18pm On Oct 02, 2013
are we there yet? grin
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Jimbiz(m): 2:22pm On Oct 02, 2013
Finally i am on thesame page with others,pls oga zubby,i be like oliver twist now after reading tru the pages,abeg post the next chapter,more ink to ur pen and more bat3 to ur laptop
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by king555(m): 2:26pm On Oct 02, 2013
so what happend next?
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by smoothicon(m): 3:20pm On Oct 02, 2013
Jimbiz: Finally i am on thesame page with others,pls oga zubby,i be like oliver twist now after reading tru the pages,abeg post the next chapter,more ink to ur pen and more bat3 to ur laptop
hmmm...i guess the common phrase mostly used in comments >>>"more ink to ur pen"<<<<< means more kunu to ur piankantus...naija i hail oh
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by king555(m): 3:48pm On Oct 02, 2013
alll we are saying........ give us more update
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Pelumiv(m): 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2013
We are getting there n we'll get there eventually.

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by kentochi(m): 7:33pm On Oct 02, 2013
Well it is getting more fun here
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by dandollaz: 7:39pm On Oct 02, 2013
wonderful wow wow what I great writeup.dude u r the bomb
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 03, 2013
Zuby
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ZUBY77(m): 2:45pm On Oct 03, 2013
Chapter 146

On Friday December 22, 2006, a day after Chinasa and her family went to the East for Christmas, i traveled to Abidjan Ivory Coast.
I had used my new international passport to purchase a ticket of Ethiopian airline at the Murtala Muhammad international airport Ikeja Lagos where they also said that i needed a card called ''Yellow card''.

We left Lagos mid afternoon and got to Houphouet Boigny international airport Abdijan after an hour and thirty eight minutes.

I had purchased an open flexible ticket which allowed me to change the return date whenever i wanted.

We got to Abdijan and took a bus out of the airport to the middle of the city. I had stopped and alighted from the bus like every other person and took a taxi.

The cab driver i hired didn't know a word in English. The only thing he understood was that i wanted a hotel.
He drove me to a five star hotel called Sofitel. As soon as i looked at the hotel, i knew it was very expensive. However i gave the driver $5 and walked into the hotel lobby.

The slim lady at the reception greeted me in French.
''Do you understand English'' i asked. She nodded.
''I need a room for the night'' I said.

She produced a list containing the prices of their rooms and suits. The cheapest thing i saw on the list was $203. It was obviously expensive and since i didn't know how long i was going to stay there, i decided not to take it.
''It is very expensive for me'' i said as i dragged my bag on the floor and left the lobby.

Luckily for me, i saw a cab driver that spoke English. I asked him to take me to a cheap hotel or Guest house.
He asked how long i was staying in Abdijan and when i told him that i could spend a week or two, he suggest The Ben Residence hotel.

We got to the Ben Residence hotel at the Riviera Bonoumin Route D'attoban. It was a magnificent yellow building that hosted holiday makers.
I paid off the cab driver and dragged my bag to the reception.
''Hi, i need a place to rent for a week'' i had said to the man at the reception.

He produced a list of the prices. I looked at it and scrolled down to the cheaper ones.
I got a self contained room at $350 a week. That was more like it.
I paid for a room and took the keys to the first floor where the room was located.

As i slipped the key card on the door, the room opposite me opened. A young blonde girl came out and closed the door.
I looked at her as she closed the door, waved at me and walked down towards the reception.
She was between 20 and 23.

I opened my door and settled down. The time was getting to 5pm, Abdijan time.
I took my bath and changed cloths, then i walked into the city to get my self acquainted.

I bought a simcard, which was registered with my name. I also bought some food and took it back to the hotel. Back in my room, i called Chinasa. She said she was missing me. I called my brother who was not happy that i went to Abdijan. He was concerned about how much money i was spending in Nigeria since i returned.
After the calls, i ate my food and watched the Television. The entire channels was French except CNNi. I switched it off and walked down to the reception.
I got to the bar in front of the Ben Residence and requested for two shots of whisky. The bar was filled with tourists who had come from Europe, the US and Other African Countries.

Then i saw her, the girl who had came out from the room opposite mine.
As i wanted to look at her direction, our eyes met. I smiled and she smiled too, then i walked up to where she was sitting alone.

''I am Austin, a South African'' i said. My instinct had told me to deny Nigeria. Every Country in the World feared the Nigerians everywhere.
She said her name was Audrey, a French girl from Strassbourg, a border city with Germany.
She understood English and German which made things so easy for me. We talked in German.
She asked how i knew German and i told her that i lived in Berlin. I told her that i was in Abdijan for vacation. She was also there for Vacation.

After two hours of drinking and chating, we walked back to the Residence hotel together.
''Would you honour my invitation if i asked you to come to my room'' I said as soon as we got to our doors.
''Why not, if its fine with you'' she smiled and said.

I opened the door and we walked in. We sat down and opened a bottle of Jim Beam scotch i bought at the airport duty free shop.
The French girl can certainly drink.

At about 9pm, she announced that she was leaving. Knowing how the Europeans behave, i got up and held her hand as we walked to the door and opened it. I pecked her on the cheeks and she went into her room.

I closed my door and made more calls to Nigeria, then i slept off.

My original intention was to see the city of Abdijan. I once heard from a friend that Abdijan was very beautiful. I knew it was a French colony which meant that life was less stressful over there compared to English colonies where almost everybody was on his or her toes.
I had decided to visit the City after seeing thousands of Igbos migrating down to the East for Christmas. I had gone to Idumota and changed some Naira into $2000.
The money in my account was going south but there was nothing i could do about it. Money was good and it helped to get things done but i had trained myself to survive even when there was no money.
I had decided to spend the entire Christmas and new year in Abdijan and even drift to the neighbouring Monrovia if i got bored.
I had traveled to Abdijan with five Novels, one from Dan Brown, two from John Grisham and two from Sydney Sheldon.

Despite the whisky i had taken that night, i had opened 'The Firm' from Grisham and read until sleep came.

Like many other French Colonies, the Ivorians used CFA. I had gone down the following morning and changed $500. I got over CFA230,000. It was a lot of money in Ivory coast.

When i returned upstairs, i took my bath, changed to a new cloth went out to the corridor.

Then i knocked on Audrey's Door.

" We live in a wonderful world that is
full of beauty, charm and adventure.
There is no end to the adventures
that we can have if only we seek them
with our eyes open."

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by ichommy(m): 3:04pm On Oct 03, 2013
Nice 1 Boss

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by elMacho(m): 3:39pm On Oct 03, 2013
Must you quote every thing, 'learner'

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Lizzi78(f): 3:39pm On Oct 03, 2013
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Lizzi78(f): 3:41pm On Oct 03, 2013
Do u really have 2 Quote the post TwICE? Or am i seein Dubble:/

.@shaks97
lyk seriously. Modify ur post abeg! grin

1 Like

Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by olenyi: 4:07pm On Oct 03, 2013
^^^^
^^^^
^^^^

This is just plain irritating.
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Oct 03, 2013
More please
Re: There And Back On Time (Nairaland Best Story of all Time) by shaks97(m): 6:23pm On Oct 03, 2013
wink
Lizzi78: Do u really have 2 Quote the post TwICE? Or am i seein Dubble:/

.@shaks97
grin
Lizzi78: Do u really have 2 Quote the post TwICE? Or am i seein Dubble:/
Lolz I'm kinda new here so I didnt do it on purpose
sorry baby ;-)
.@shaks97

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (162) (Reply)

NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> / Story Of Addiction..... (love Story) / Love Hiccups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.