Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,519 members, 7,885,169 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 02:44 AM

Polytheists Vs Trinity - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Polytheists Vs Trinity (10407 Views)

More Trouble For Polytheists Trinitarians!!! / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 4:40pm On Aug 03, 2013
Boomark:

Don't worry just wait. At least anony knows that god is a noun and false is an adjective.

If i show you where God said "you are gods" and you tell me there is nothing like gods, then we have nothing to discus. I will no longer waste time with those who make their own words supersede that of God.

You are still hiding your confusion with the words noun and adjective... I have been telling you anything can be called god but the question is... Is it really God... That is where the TRUE or FALSE comes in... But you won't accept this fact. All you do is talk about adjective... You can go on calling dead carcas god but every thing we do in this world is either it is fact or not. Its either God exist or not... No in betweens.

Am glad you use words like only True God to address Yhwh which points the fact that he is God indeed and if other Gods are not true then they are not God... Else the bible contradicts its self stupid dont you get it... How can Yhwh be confusing us saying he didn't form any God and how he alone is God and no God on the earth yet tell us there are Gods many Gods some are FALSE some are not FALSE but not true also. You are the one who is dumb here and if I ask you to accept that the bible contradict it self with what you are teaching you will shout no.

Zeuse Baal and many other gods are they true? We know they dont even exist we know they are not carved but are they true? If they are not true then they are not God.

My name is Ben U can call 2million people Ben but if am the one that creates the world and you are looking for the one that creates the world then other Ben becomes FALSE.

Bible says all the gods of the nations are idols except YHWH some people worship zeuse and sun moon many others it was clear they are idols... And FALSE

That is why the bible says God will destroy the gods that have nit made the heavens and earth.

As for jman he didn't know that the holy spirit created the world and also Jesus.

Am just surprise you talk about adjective yet you not accepting it.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 03, 2013
Boomark:

@anony
I still replies to the bolded cos i want to see how men are making their doctrine to supersede that of God.

@JMAN
are you typing those things with your precious time? If it is copying and pasting with free MB, free laptop and free energy no problem but if you are typing.... cheesy

honestly I shouldnt be wasting my time on an issue that is as clear as this. but i do reply for a reason, not necessarily for ur acceptance but for the sincere ones who may be following the discussion.

as for u, unless of course you have difficulty understanding things, I would just have allowed u with what u chose to believe.

let me give another illustration of common and proper noun. our teacher whose name is OKEKE, wamts to travel and he finds my experienced friend named CHUKWUDI(who is one of his students) and asks me to stay with him, that he will serve as teacher for me. my teacher OKEKE has a plan of sending him some lesson notes he will use to teach me. this man CHUKWUDI is not my teacher as such he is not OKEKE.

I may not necessarily call him teacher assuming I have only one academic teacher OKEKE. he is still my fellow student. but because of my teacher's words, what i need to do is to respect him and believe what he teaches as true.

now my teacher cannot say that CHUKWUDI will serve as OKEKE to me. why? because OKEKE is a proper noun or OKEKE is the name giving to my teacher.

but my teacher cannot tell him to be OKEKE to me, but he can play his role with my teacher's help.

lets assume that OKEKE is the only aged qualified teacher who does not teach error in my area. lets say he because of this knowledge of his says that he is the only teacher. will we understand this to mean that no other persons can teach? no. rather no other person can teach without error if my teacher didnt assist.

what if i leave OKEKE and goes to EMEKA who teaches many students (though with error), but his students view his teaching as correct. will OKEKE ignore the fact that EMEKA is a teacher? no. but he can say that other teachers are not qualifed. but he will still acknowledge that the work they do is called teaching. but the unqualified teacher's name is EMEKA not OKEKE.

are Jah and baal God (elohim)? yes. why? because people serve them. (tho the bible used the term for those who are not worshipped too).

Did Moses serve as God? yes. but is he Jah? no, jst like CHUKWUDI is not OKEKE. why can he serve as God? because God assisted him and somebody has to obey him as he obeys God. see OKEKE and CHUKWUDI eg above.

may God help u understand.

1 Like

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 03, 2013
Boomark:

@anony
I still replies to the bolded cos i want to see how men are making their doctrine to supersede that of God.

@JMAN
are you typing those things with your precious time? If it is copying and pasting with free MB, free laptop and free energy no problem but if you are typing.... cheesy

honestly I shouldnt be wasting my time on an issue that is as clear as this. but i do reply for a reason, not necessarily for ur acceptance but for the sincere ones who may be following the discussion.

as for u, unless of course you have difficulty understanding things, I would just have allowed u with what u chose to believe.

let me give another illustration of common and proper noun. our teacher whose name is OKEKE, wants to travel and he finds my experienced friend named CHUKWUDI(who is one of his students) and asks me to stay with him, that he will serve as teacher for me. my teacher OKEKE has a plan of sending him some lesson notes he will use to teach me. this man CHUKWUDI is not my teacher as such he is not OKEKE.

I may not necessarily call him teacher assuming I have only one academic teacher OKEKE. he is still my fellow student. but because of my teacher's words, what i need to do is to respect him and believe what he teaches as true.

now my teacher cannot say that CHUKWUDI will serve as OKEKE to me. why? because OKEKE is a proper noun or OKEKE is the name giving to my teacher.

but my teacher cannot tell him to be OKEKE to me, but he can play his role with my teacher's help.

lets assume that OKEKE is the only aged qualified teacher who does not teach error in my area. lets say he, because of this knowledge of his says that he is the only teacher. will we understand this to mean that no other persons can teach? no. rather no other person can teach without error if my teacher didnt assist.

what if i leave OKEKE and goes to EMEKA who teaches many students (though with error), but his students view his teaching as correct. will OKEKE ignore the fact that EMEKA is a teacher? no. but he can say that other teachers are not qualifed. but he will still acknowledge that the work they do is called teaching. but the unqualified teacher's name is EMEKA not OKEKE.

are Jah and baal God (elohim)? yes. why? because people serve them. (tho the bible used the term for those who are not worshipped too).

Did Moses serve as God? yes. but is he Jah? no, jst like CHUKWUDI is not OKEKE. why can he serve as God? because God assisted him and somebody has to obey him as he obeys God. see OKEKE and CHUKWUDI eg above.

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ayoku777(m): 7:13pm On Aug 03, 2013
benalvino:

As for jman he didn't know that the holy spirit created the world and also Jesus.

Wait, did you just say the Holy Spirit created Jesus?

And honestly you guys have not answered the question Boomark threw at you. When God said 'Ye are Gods', who was he talking to?
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 7:16pm On Aug 03, 2013
ayoku777:

Wait, did you just say the Holy Spirit created Jesus?

And honestly you guys have not answered the question Boomark threw at you. When God said 'Ye are Gods', who was he talking to?

The holy spirit created the world and also Jesus created the world .
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ayoku777(m): 7:22pm On Aug 03, 2013
benalvino:

The holy spirit created the world and also Jesus created the world .

But Jesus is God too, hope you know, just like the Father too is God
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 7:32pm On Aug 03, 2013
JMAN05:

let me give another illustration of common and proper noun. our teacher whose name is OKEKE, wants to travel and he finds my experienced friend named CHUKWUDI(who is one of his students) and asks me to stay with him, that he will serve as teacher for me. my teacher OKEKE has a plan of sending him some lesson notes he will use to teach me. this man CHUKWUDI is not my teacher as such he is not OKEKE.

lets assume that OKEKE is the only aged qualified teacher who does not teach error in my area. lets say he, because of this knowledge of his says that he is the only teacher. will we understand this to mean that no other persons can teach? no. rather no other person can teach without error if my teacher didnt assist.

Your teacher and student analogy for make sense if it was explicitly said that there is only one TRUE teacher and none other exist...

Ok let me pretend to agree with you... You are right there are many gods but why did Yahweh say aside him no god was formed and why did he say he alone is God?

These are clear contradictions which ever way you look at it. i dont mind the insults i can insult as well but not necessary. You talk about adjectives how it qualifies noun... The TRUE or FALSE is the main focus. While TRUE means actual fact. Realily FALSE means otherwise not fact not real.

Example if i say is this jman if i say yes it means its TRUE if i say no it means false.

TRUE qualifies the noun and FALSE disqualify it.

TRUE God qualify the thing as God a fact for real ita God and FALSE god disqualify it. It means not God.

Anything you call god is god to you tour believe is your openion and not fact. The sun is not a god the moon even Zeus.

All you guys are saying so far as there is only one TRUE God meaning others are FALSE therefor not God. You people are the one dodging. All the scriptures that said there is no other god none of them you quote.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 8:26pm On Aug 03, 2013
ayoku777:

But Jesus is God too, hope you know, just like the Father too is God
Jesus is God. That's what we have always said.
the holy spirit is God.
They are the one God.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 8:30am On Aug 04, 2013

You R a teacher, your student is not a teacher I have my teacher boomark has his teacher now we have many teacher... And all are teachers because
1: nothing has indicated that only one teacher is TRUE.
2: nothing as indicated that there is only one teacher and apart from him non exist...
3: if one teacher is the only TRUE teacher then the other teachers in FACT or ACTUALITY or REALITY Are not teachers.

The above is based on opinion and not actuality or fact.

You can call money god call milk god... But its either a door is closed or open and you can't have it both ways...

Your opinion is money and milk are god.
Fact from Yahweh is
Only one God exist
Only one is TRUE meaning others are not(FALSE) god.
None of them were formed.
They are gods in the mind of the people who believe which means they are gods in peoples opinion not in reality.

When you start to take the opinion as reality then the bible will contradict it self.

Boomark said church is a church when you add TRUE or FALSE you are differentiating them. But is it really differentiating or confirming that one is indeed a church and the other is not a church.

If I said you stole money and it TRUE it means you are a thief and if I say you stole money and its FALSE can you be called a thief? No why because FALSE disqualify everything as error not fact not real did not happy. Simple

1 Like

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Boomark(m): 10:26am On Aug 04, 2013
ayoku777:

Bro you've tried enough. By now you should have known that you can't change their opinion, atleast not today. The issue is clear from scripture that the Father is not the only Elohim in the Godhead, it includes Christ (The Word) and the Church (those born of the Word). But there's a pride in man that makes even the obvious truth become argumentative. Let the Holy Spirit take over from here. I salute your resilience

Thanks bro. I don tire for them o.

God made us in His likeness so their are godlike ones but men are here saying they don't exist.

Concerning Godhead, it is the quality that belongs to God(the Father), He owns it and He gives it to His children. See it like this: You have a nature which is to smile and also have the power to give that nature to your children. So your children have the nature to smile IN THEM not that they are IN THE SMILE.

That is why Godhead is in Christ, Col 1:19, 2:9 and not that Christ is in the Godhead(trinity/men-made assumption).

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Itsfacts: 10:52am On Aug 04, 2013
At boomark what does it mean by no god was form before me?

What does it mean by I alone is god elohim?

And what does it mean by YHWH is the elohim in the heavens and the earth and beneath the earth and there is none other elohim. I know it didn't appear like this in the verse but it is the same message. Just like Ben said, if you go by saying there are other elohim it means the bible has contradictions.

Aside that I agree with him that TRUE and FALSE disqualify and qualify what is being called God.
that is my stance. And also in addition I think Ben is saying elohim can be used to address anything but the TRUE or FALSE is what confirms if that thing is indeed God or not.

What do you think?
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Boomark(m): 11:20am On Aug 04, 2013
Benalvino:You are still hiding your confusion
with the words noun and
adjective... I have been telling you
anything can be called god
but the
question is... Is it really God... That is
where the TRUE or FALSE comes in...
But you won't accept this fact. All
you do is talk about adjective... You
can go on calling dead carcas god
but every thing we do in this world
is either it is fact or not.

Am glad you now agree that anything can be called god(not enough reason though). I want to believe that accept what God said when He said, "you are gods." and that there are things/beings that are actually called gods because He said it. So what your own thought is giving you does not matter.

Now concerning True and False God. Have you heard that WE ALL HAVE ONE GOD, THE FATHER, 1Cor 8:6. He is the True God. Every person call this One person their God including Jesus, Rev 12:3. He is the one that we all(gods:including satan, demons) must worship. So if one worships any other god in the form of Satan, demons, baal, wood etc, the person is worshiping the wrong god, a False god that does not deserve worship.

He made other god for us to worship. That is how there is no other god besides Him. So He did not contradict Himself by saying, "You are gods." Context is the key.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Boomark(m): 12:29pm On Aug 04, 2013
@itsfacts
I have answered your question above. I believe you saw they are in harmony. One God for us is strictly One God, the Father, one Person not 3 person or 3 Gods.

Have you wondered a tree(amadioha) cheesy will respond to the request of their worshipers? Because there are gods(demons) behind the scene drawing people away from the Only True God who is the source of GODHEAD.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 1:08pm On Aug 04, 2013
Boomark:

Am glad you now agree that anything can be called god(not enough reason though). I want to believe that accept what God said when He said, "you are gods." and that there are things/beings that are actually called gods because He said it. So what your own thought is giving you does not matter.

Now concerning True and False God. Have you heard that WE ALL HAVE ONE GOD, THE FATHER, 1Cor 8:6. He is the True God. Every person call this One person their God including Jesus, Rev 12:3. He is the one that we all(gods:including satan, demons) must worship. So if one worships any other god in the form of Satan, demons, baal, wood etc, the person is worshiping the wrong god, a False god that does not deserve worship.

He made other god for us to worship. That is how there is no other god besides Him. So He did not contradict Himself by saying, "You are gods." Context is the key.

never argued that...all my statement points that i can call my self God even my computer or my phone and this has always been my thoughts.
the above statement is not true following your logic. and also you are speaking for everyone. people worship baal along with his sister they dont have one God and YHWH is not even their GOD...
and to some people they can argue that their one and TRUE god is baal and not YHWH... again this is in their minds because it is not fact.

as long as you keep putting true and false it disqualifies others as being God... as long as he is the only God other are not god... you are adding extras to the wording... revelation 12:3 you quote have nothing to do with this topic.

in 1st corin 8:6 you like talking about english etc... tell me what the word "so-called" means... lets check dictionary
Definition of SO-CALLED
1: commonly named : popularly so termed <the so–called pocket veto>
2: falsely or improperly so named <deceived by a so–called friend>
this verse alone shows that people are calling woods gods when it is not god.

gala 4:8: However at that time, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those which by [b]nature are [size=15pt]no gods[/size][/b]
the word here is very true... it is saying while you all anything God by nature they are no God... it supports the only true God and also supports there is not other God...

i know what you are saying all along that anything can be called god i have been saying it too... but the main focus is, is it fact or opinion or is it true or false.
when the bible is talking about Yahweh as the true God or only God... not only is it saying other Gods are false but it is saying they are not God too...

Isaiah 37:19
They have thrown their gods into the fire and destroyed them, for they were not gods but only wood and stone, fashioned by human hands

the above shows you that while you call anything god such as wood and stone.... YHWH says they are only wood and stone but not god as you say. you see where the fact and fiction comes in? where the true and false comes in?
the sun is your god YWHW says nope... it is not god but just a sun.

Jeremiah 2:11
Has a nation ever changed its gods? (Yet they are not gods at all.) But my people have exchanged their glorious God for worthless idols.

again the things they call elohim is not elohim at all... you get the point?

the bible keeps telling you that other gods are not gods at all
Jeremiah 5:7
"Why should I forgive you? Your children have forsaken me and sworn by gods that are not gods. I supplied all their needs, yet they committed adultery and thronged to the houses of prostitutes.

Jeremiah 16:20
Do people make their own gods? Yes, but they are not gods!"

1 Corinthians 8:4
So then, about eating food sacrificed to idols: We know that "An idol is nothing at all in the world" and that "There is no God but one."
all this verses keeps disqualifying anything you call God except YHWH even the verse you present corinthians 8:6 the so-called is the key there.

satan and many have called their selves god but in reality they are not god...

jman says humans are gods and i believe he means me and you are also gods... but YHWH many times says you are not god... you are just a man. is this not contradiction, if we go by what he is saying?

the main problem is ye are gods and stand in the congregation of the gods and judge that is the problem for me. but if you take them to be god literally then it means the bible contradicts it self...

I know argument can be frustrating too... sometimes both of us have serious points to give but non is stupid most of the case... person like ijawkid and me are brothers... some people calls us cousins or think he is my blood brother cause we are so close but we come here argue. and you will think we dont know each other... but in reality we have spend time with each other playing... he stays in my house sometimes. so dont try to be malicious concerning issues like this and try to insult to prove your point although why i dont care it will only be bad if you are taking it personal if that is the case you can stop debating with me but if otherwise then if you call me names i really dont care... ijawkid calls me names sometimes but he is a very humble person... we both have strong argument here... all the things i said none of them is really from me but from the bible.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Itsfacts: 6:57pm On Aug 04, 2013
Boomark: @itsfacts
I have answered your question above. I believe you saw they are in harmony. One God for us is strictly One God, the Father, one Person not 3 person or 3 Gods.

Have you wondered a tree(amadioha) cheesy will respond to the request of their worshipers? Because there are gods(demons) behind the scene drawing people away from the Only True God who is the source of GODHEAD.

You did not answer the question from what I saw. I have gone through the discussion and Ben has been saying anything can be called god all this time and when you say he finally agrees doesn't make sense because he was not disputing that. The place he is coming from is whether the things called god are God. Above is an example from Ben where elohim is used to call pagan gods then the next thing that follow is a word that disqualify them as gods. Like galathians 4:8 that states by nature they are not elohim. I believe you people are misunderstanding Ben. Above I saw a verse that states you are not god but a man. That statement alone will tell you that men are not god just like your friend jman says. "humans are gods"

About your recent post god can mean several things like judge magistrates etc. But there is one from me Ben and ijawkid Argument that applies only to one person apart from the father and that is actual God as a nature stated in some bible verses.

1: the ability to create
2: worthy of worship
3: existing as god

The rest are titles given to men such as judge
Etc. The above doesn't apply to anything else other than Yhwh the bible says the universe holds because Jesus and in Hebrew it says he upholds everything by his power.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Boomark(m): 10:22pm On Aug 04, 2013
@Ben

Did i insult you? Sorry o. But while i was talking about delusion, i had some people in mind. Those that told me to try again without giving me reasons why they are right or why i should try again, after i showed them scriptures that proved their doctrine wrong. That was why my response to people changed. There is nothing like malice.

Lets forget about the stones and woods that are called gods, by that i mean false gods. Which means they are not actually gods. This is not the problem.

Now there are beings that the true God recognised and called gods, Ps 82:6. "have i not said, "you are gods." Jesus reaffirmed that these beings are gods in Jn 10:34-35, "is it not written in your law, "i said, "you are gods." 35 if He called them gods, to whom the word of God came and the scripture cannot be broken.

Do you agree with them that these beings are gods or do you believe they are not actually gods?
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 04, 2013
Those statements by Jehovah are not contradicting anything.

We cannot call the words about other gods being no god as meaning that they are not gods. For that will mean that the words of the psalmist using elohim for angels is in error. If we accept that there is no god EXCEPT Him, this will also mean that Jesus cannot be called God because in those verses Jehovah did not say "apart from Jesus, others are no gods". If we say that men are men and idols are idols and no god, then what
about satan and other demons? What about righteous angels?
As far as they are called idol, u are already calling it a god.

When Jehovah say they are no gods, it means they do not deserve to be worshipped cos they are impotent.

One of the verses where Jehovah made those statements is:

Isaiah 43:10, 11

10 “YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of
Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, in
order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and
that YOU may understand that I am the same One.
Before me there was no God formed, and after me
there continued to be none. 11 I—I am Jehovah,
and besides me there is no savior.”

When Jehovah make such statements He usually refers to idols.

In the verse above, the context indicates that He was contrasting himself from man-made idols.

Isaiah 40:18-20

18 And to whom can YOU people liken God, and
what likeness can YOU put alongside him? 19 The
craftsman has cast a mere molten image, and with gold
the metalworker overlays it, and silver chains he is
forging. 20 A certain tree as a contribution, a tree that is
not rotten, he chooses. A skillful craftsman he searches
out for himself, to prepare a carved image that may not
be made to totter.

Such gods could not stretch out the heavens like a guage, as Jehovah did.

Isaiah 40:21-26.

"21 Do YOU people not know? Do YOU
not hear? Has it not been told to YOU
from the outset? Have YOU not applied
understanding from the foundations of
the earth? + 22 There is One who is
dwelling above the circle of the earth, +
the dwellers in which are as
:grasshoppers, the One who is stretching
out the heavens just as a fine gauze, who
spreads them out like a tent in which to
dwell, + 23 the One who is reducing high
officials to nothing, who has made the
very judges of the earth as a mere
unreality. +
24 Never yet have they been planted;
never yet have they been sown; never
yet has their stump taken root in the
earth. + And one has only to blow upon
them and they dry up; + and like stubble
the windstorm itself will carry them away.
+
25 “But to whom can YOU people
liken me so that I should be made his
equal?” says the Holy One. + 26 “Raise
YOUR eyes high up and see. Who has
created these things?+ It is the One who
is bringing forth the army of them even
by number, all of whom he calls even by
name. + Due to the abundance of
dynamic energy, * + he also being
vigorous in power, * not one [of them] is
missing."

Those gods cannot tell the future that we may know they are gods.

Isaiah 41:23.
" 23 Tell the
things that are to come afterward, that
we may know that YOU are gods. * + Yes,
YOU ought to do good or do bad, that we
may gaze about and see [it] at the same
time. "

He repeated the thought at isaiah 43:9.
" 9 Let the
nations all be collected together * at one
place, and let national groups be gathered
together. + Who is there among them
that can tell this? + Or can they cause us
to hear even the first things? + Let them
furnish their witnesses,+ that they may
be declared righteous, or let them hear
and say, ‘It is the truth!’”

So he rightly said what He did at isaiah 42:8.
" 8 “I am Jehovah. That is my name; +
and to no one else shall I give my own
glory, + neither my praise+ to graven
images. "

So the context establishes that the Almighty is hurling a challenge at the so-called gods of the nations. Being idol with no POWER, they are certainly are not gods to be worshipped; they are really nothings.

He continues at isaiah 44: 8-17.
" 8 Do
not be in dread, YOU people, and do not
become stupefied. + Have I not from that
time on caused you individually to hear
and told [it] out? + And YOU are my
witnesses. + Does there exist a God *
besides me? + No, there is no Rock. * + I
have recognized none.’”
9 The formers of the carved image are
all of them an unreality, + and their
darlings * themselves will be of no
benefit; + and as their witnesses * they
see nothing and know nothing, + in order
that they may be ashamed. + 10 Who has
formed a god * or cast a mere molten
image? + Of no benefit at all has it been.
+ 11 Look! All his partners themselves
will be ashamed, + and the craftsmen are
from earthling men. * They will all of
them collect themselves together. + They
will stand still. They will be in dread. They
will be ashamed at the same time. +
12 As for the carver of iron with the
billhook, he has been busy [at it] with the
coals; and with the hammers he proceeds
to form it, and he keeps busy at it with
his powerful arm.+ Also, he has become
hungry, and so without power. He has
not drunk water; so he gets tired.
13 As for the wood carver, he has
stretched out the measuring line; he
traces it out with red chalk; he works it
up with a wood scraper; and with a
compass he keeps tracing it out, and
gradually he makes it like the
representation of a man, * + like the
beauty of mankind, * to sit in a house. +
14 There is one whose business is to
cut down cedars; and he takes a certain
species of tree, even a massive tree, and
he lets it become strong for himself
among the trees of the forest.+ He
planted the laurel tree, and the pouring
rain itself keeps making it get big. 15 And
it has become [something] for man * to
keep a fire burning. So he takes part of it
that he may warm himself. In fact he
builds a fire and actually bakes bread. He
also works on a god * to which he may
bow down. + He has made it into a
carved image, + and he prostrates himself
to it. 16 Half of it * he actually burns up
in a fire. Upon half of it he roasts well the
flesh that he eats, and he becomes
satisfied. He also warms himself and says:
“Aha! I have warmed myself. I have seen
the firelight.” 17 But the remainder of it
he actually makes into a god itself, into his
carved image. He prostrates himself to it
and bows down and prays to it and says:
“Deliver me, for you are my god.” "

So Jehovah is talking about idols that cannot act, as mere woods made by man. This or other books that say they are no gods should not be used to mean that their are no god except Jehovah. Here, Jah is using the word "god" as a supernatural object of veneration. But these so called gods has no power. He is not trying to imply that the word "god" cannot be used for those who are not worshipped, nor is He implying that there is no god in its entirety.

He is trying to show that the idols should not be assigned the status of a god cos they do not possess any supernatural power compared to He that possesses it.

The godship of Jehovah is proven by His miracles and saving power He manifested
to which the israelites are witnesses. Isaiah 43:9, 10. (Quotations above). But the other gods has no witness nor did they perform anything.

But if u worship a wood, it has become a god, but Jah doesnt agree with that concept. This is referring to idols, not that there is no other god. But that there is no supernatural god that can fittingly assume the status of a god by showing its power.

But that He called them idols means that He recognizes them as gods. Whether it is there god or not, they are simply a god.

Can we now say that since Jah do not view them as god to be worshipped, they are no gods? No. For some view it as their god. "But Jah says they are no god, so they are not'' someone may say. Yes to us they are their god and unreal. But their worshippers can say the same thing for our own God. Will we then conclude that Jah is no God for us? The same can be compared with students of EMEKA and OKEKE in the illustration. Again the word "god" is a common noun that refers to something/person that is worshipped. But scriptures moves a bit farther.

Again when He says there is no god He often refers to idols that are impotent. But idols themselves are gods. It doesnt make the word exclusive to Him alone, as the scriptures shows that the word can be used for humans and angels. Which is the main issue I am establishing here.

I think the above answers ur question on why He often says there is no god except him. The context helps us grately. Again, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and Isaiah wrote on the same context as they all wrote about the capture and restoration of the israelites and their worship of images.

as for my analogy that u replied to, i dont want to respond to it. but guy, ur level of understanding is very low. i cant believe u reason that way. i dont advise u to appear on a public debate.

1 Like

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 1:20am On Aug 05, 2013
Boomark: @Ben

Did i insult you? Sorry o. But while i was talking about delusion, i had some people in mind. Those that told me to try again without giving me reasons why they are right or why i should try again, after i showed them scriptures that proved their doctrine wrong. That was why my response to people changed. There is nothing like malice.

Lets forget about the stones and woods that are called gods, by that i mean false gods. Which means they are not actually gods. This is not the problem.

Now there are beings that the true God recognised and called gods, Ps 82:6. "have i not said, "you are gods." Jesus reaffirmed that these beings are gods in Jn 10:34-35, "is it not written in your law, "i said, "you are gods." 35 if He called them gods, to whom the word of God came and the scripture cannot be broken.

Do you agree with them that these beings are gods or do you believe they are not actually gods?

like i said the ye are gods are difficult because you and i know that he says no God exist in heaven and earth. when you see the bible talk about other gods how they dont exist and even went on to say all the gods that have not made the heaven and earth will be destroyed... it will be hard to take the verses like the ye are gods to be gods... it might be judges or something...

but i already said that verse will pose problem... and also the ones i brought up will also pose problem for you. the thing is we should make serious research concerning this.
i also said that God have said to some men that they are not god but just a man... Jesus was in the nature God he took the form of a man. again this statement is saying man is not God... then it says to men ye are gods... this is where the confusion is and not the baal gods and sun gods.

am happy you understand where am coming from now with my argument. i will try and see how i can explain this ye are gods part though.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Boomark(m): 2:06am On Aug 05, 2013
Itsfacts:

You did not answer the question from what I saw. I have gone through the discussion and Ben has been saying anything can be called god all this time and when you say he finally agrees doesn't make sense because he was not disputing that. The place he is coming from is whether the things called god are God. Above is an example from Ben where elohim is used to call pagan gods then the next thing that follow is a word that disqualify them as gods. Like galathians 4:8 that states by nature they are not elohim. I believe you people are misunderstanding Ben. Above I saw a verse that states you are not god but a man. That statement alone will tell you that men are not god just like your friend jman says. "humans are gods"

About your recent post god can mean several things like judge magistrates etc. But there is one from me Ben and ijawkid Argument that applies only to one person apart from the father and that is actual God as a nature stated in some bible verses.

1: the ability to create
2: worthy of worship
3: existing as god

The rest are titles given to men such as judge
Etc. The above doesn't apply to anything else other than Yhwh the bible says the universe holds because Jesus and in Hebrew it says he upholds everything by his power.

How do you know that they are all judges?
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Nobody: 6:07am On Aug 05, 2013
benalvino:

like i said the ye are gods are difficult because you and i know that he says no God exist in heaven and earth. when you see the bible talk about other gods how they dont exist and even went on to say all the gods that have not made the heaven and earth will be destroyed... it will be hard to take the verses like the ye are gods to be gods... it might be judges or something...

but i already said that verse will pose problem... and also the ones i brought up will also pose problem for you. the thing is we should make serious research concerning this.
i also said that God have said to some men that they are not god but just a man... Jesus was in the nature God he took the form of a man. again this statement is saying man is not God... then it says to men ye are gods... this is where the confusion is and not the baal gods and sun gods.

am happy you understand where am coming from now with my argument. i will try and see how i can explain this ye are gods part though.

again, i dont think that these presents any problem at all. like I always say, the word "god" as used in the bible is used as a common noun to signify;

a) the person/thing that is worshipped. Jah and other gods inclusive.

b) used to refer to humans or angels who has a high position or is to be respected or obeyed.

When Jehovah states that there is no other God, he is not emplying that the term "god" cant apply to any other person or thing. eg Jesus, some humans, angels, and demons can still be gods. but Jehovah often has the first meaning (ie "a" above) in mind, namely that there is no God who deserves to be worshipped except Him.

when Jah or the bible uses elohim for humans, angel or any other righteous person, He has the second meaning in mind (ie b above).

Jah does not want to hear that any other god is worshipped except Him. He is a jealous God, jealous as to worship. He is in no way using the word god to imply that it is exclusively His proper name, cos He himself applies it to others too. but that no God EXCEPT Him should be worshipped. (using the word "god" to mean the "a" above).
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 05, 2013
when He also says that other gods will be destroyed, he means any god or person who tries to place him/itself on the first category, ie to be worshipped.

when He says other gods who did not create heaven and earth, He is referring to the gods in the first category who cannot equal His powerful achievements but who seek worship.

I think this helps to defray any perceived contradiction or problem.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 9:10am On Aug 05, 2013
We cannot call the words about other gods being no god as meaning that they are not gods.
but it was plain that they are not god or gods. me and you know that the woods and stone are not gods people just felt so the bible says it.
For that will mean that the words of the psalmist using elohim for angels is in error.
my brother there is big controversy in the psalmist how it should be rendered or explained. for example
you can choose to interpret the word "elohim" as referring to angels (as did the translator(s) of the Septuagint), but if you do, you are saying that "elohim" means "angels" - not "gods" as the term is understood in English.

If you choose to interpret the word "elohim" as referring to God (which it can - "elohim" may be being used in the singular manner here), then clearly it is not referring to angels.

Finally, you can choose to interpret the word "elohim" in the plural sense, that is "gods" - in which case, again, there is no clear association with angels.

Put even more simply: if the word means "angels" in this context then it does not mean "gods" and then (obviously) the Psalm is not calling angels "gods". If the word does *not* mean "angels" in this context then it still (obviously) is not calling angels "gods".

The word cannot mean two unrelated things at the same time.

If I wrote, "I saw a tear" - it can mean I saw a rip, or it can mean I saw a teardrop, but it cannot mean both at the same time.
some bibles scholars say psalmist is talking about God not angel some says its talking about angels... no where in the hebrew was elohim is translated as angel. well this side should be looked into as well.

If we accept that there is no god EXCEPT Him, this will also mean that Jesus cannot be called God because in those verses Jehovah did not say "apart from Jesus, others are no gods". If we say that men are men and idols are idols and no god, then what about satan and other demons? What about righteous angels? As far as they are called idol, u are already calling it a god.

the trinity has always maintain there is one God that operate in 3 distinct ways... now since Jesus is the Word of God... Jesus is God. just like you... your voice is you... it can be used to identify you via voice recognition... your voice is subjected to you. i don't know if you understand but that is how it is with Jesus and the word became flesh.
When Jehovah say they are no gods, it means they do not deserve to be worshipped cos they are impotent.

One of the verses where Jehovah made those statements is:

Isaiah 43:10, 11

10 “YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of
Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, in
order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and
that YOU may understand that I am the same One.
Before me there was no God formed, and after me
there continued to be none. 11 I—I am Jehovah,
and besides me there is no savior.”
not just idols bro... you remember the prince of tyre? the sun was not made by man. and the bible talks about all the gods of the nation. so it makes no difference whether it is idol or not. like how YHWH disqualify satan as God by saying he is the GOD of heaven earth and beneath and there is none else.

about the worship statement you give... common man you know thats not what it means... and the verse you present supports my position and not yours.

So Jehovah is talking about idols that cannot act, as mere woods made by man. This or other books that say they are no gods should not be used to mean that their are no god except Jehovah. Here, Jah is using the word "god" as a supernatural object of veneration. But these so called gods has no power. He is not trying to imply that the word "god" cannot be used for those who are not worshipped, nor is He implying that there is no god in its entirety.

He is trying to show that the idols should not be assigned the status of a god cos they do not possess any supernatural power compared to He that possesses it.

the idols are not supernatural so is baal so is sun god so are the men, the idols never asked anyone to worship them, remember they cant talk.
when the bible says there is no god or only one God it means what it says.

The godship of Jehovah is proven by His miracles and saving power He manifested
to which the israelites are witnesses. Isaiah 43:9, 10. (Quotations above). But the other gods has no witness nor did they perform anything.

But if u worship a wood, it has become a god, but Jah doesnt agree with that concept. This is referring to idols, not that there is no other god. But that there is no supernatural god that can fittingly assume the status of a god by showing its power.

But that He called them idols means that He recognizes them as gods. Whether it is there god or not, they are simply a god.

he didnt recognize them as gods... he said they are worthless woods and stones... calling something idol doesnt mean you are calling it god it means the people who makes it and use it are worshiping it thinking it is god.
he made a clear statement that they are not gods...

in the last days he says some will come as christ performing false miracles... you see they perform supernatural act yet they are not know as gods...

people do rituals today and some are for money you hear about the infamous egbesu where people cook their self for protection yet they met demons not gods... even the demons knows there is only one God.

Can we now say that since Jah do not view them as god to be worshipped, they are no gods? No. For some view it as their god. "But Jah says they are no god, so they are not'' someone may say. Yes to us they are their god and unreal. But their worshippers can say the same thing for our own God. Will we then conclude that Jah is no God for us? The same can be compared with students of EMEKA and OKEKE in the illustration. Again the word "god" is a common noun that refers to something/person that is worshiped. But scriptures moves a bit farther

sir... you are taking people opinion as real again... Jah says they are not god or gods. i am in the uk and cat is what i see all the time... an i go calling them gods because in Egypt they use to worship it?

baal is the god of fertility only the word fertility shows he doesn't exist... God created us all and when we reach our actual stage we will be fertile.
all the gods zeus baal etc people follow are not real but just as the bible says... satan has blinded the eyes of the people...

Again when He says there is no god He often refers to idols that are impotent. But idols themselves are gods. It doesnt make the word exclusive to Him alone, as the scriptures shows that the word can be used for humans and angels. Which is the main issue I am establishing here.

I think the above answers ur question on why He often says there is no god except him. The context helps us grately. Again, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and Isaiah wrote on the same context as they all wrote about the capture and restoration of the israelites and their worship of images.

he says there is not god often refer to there is no gods....
"Son of man, say to the leader of Tyre, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "Because your heart is lifted up and you have said, 'I am a god, I sit in the seat of gods, in the heart of the seas'; yet you are a man and not God...Therefore, behold, I will bring strangers upon you, the most ruthless of the nations. And they will draw their swords against the beauty of your wisdom and defile your splendor. They will bring you down to the pit, and you will die the death of those who are slain in the heart of the seas. Will you still say, 'I am a god,' in the presence of your slayer, although you are a man and not God, in the hands of those who wound you?'" (Ezekiel 28:2-9).[/b]
the above is a man people worship and makes him self God... see the statement from Jesus... he is not even talking about idols here.

as for my analogy that u replied to, i dont want to respond to it. but guy, ur level of understanding is very low. i cant believe u reason that way. i dont advise u to appear on a public debate.
my level of understanding i low because i did not agree with it... you made an analogy that is totally different from the situation we are talking about...

1: no such statement like there is only one teacher
2: no such statement like there is only one true teacher
etc.

it is you who saw where yahweh says they are not gods and say he is not saying they are not gods... something he says plainly. you are defending the idols abi?
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 9:29am On Aug 05, 2013
JMAN05: when He also says that other gods will be destroyed, he means any god or person who tries to place him/itself on the first category, ie to be worshipped.

when He says other gods who did not create heaven and earth, He is referring to the gods in the first category who cannot equal His powerful achievements but who seek worship.

why are you saying he means like you are in his mind...
has an idol ever asked anyone to worship them? did they place their self there? why are you bringing more excuse... do you know if people are worshiping angel Gabriel? or you? because even the idols dont know people are worshiping them and they did not seek it.

the bible didn't make any first category gods.. this is just your work to approve false gods. the message was clear that the gods that have not made the heaven and earth will be destroyed... the gods means gods. no idol or those that seek worship it means gods.

as a matter of fact it doesn't.
even boomark has seen where am coming from... now the problem is the ye are gods and stand in the congregation of gods. and if you still mean them to be gods then all other verse that says they dont exist contradicts... YAHWEH even says he doesnt know any other God...

moses example of baal
in the bible god had moses strike down the worshipers of Baal who was represented as a golden calf (idol). Moses challenged them to prove their God was alive by setting up two alters, one for Jehovah (or Yahweh in Hebrew) and one for bale. Which ever god devoured the food would prove that they were real. The worshipers of Bale failed because nothing happened. Moses prayed to God and flames came down from heaven and devoured the food. moses then slaughtered the worshipers
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 10:08am On Aug 05, 2013
JMAN05:

again, i dont think that these presents any problem at all. like I always say, the word "god" as used in the bible is used as a common noun to signify;

a) the person/thing that is worshipped. Jah and other gods inclusive.

b) used to refer to humans or angels who has a high position or is to be respected or obeyed.

When Jehovah states that there is no other God, he is not emplying that the term "god" cant apply to any other person or thing. eg Jesus, some humans, angels, and demons can still be gods. but Jehovah often has the first meaning (ie "a" above) in mind, namely that there is no God who deserves to be worshipped except Him.

when Jah or the bible uses elohim for humans, angel or any other righteous person, He has the second meaning in mind (ie b above).

Jah does not want to hear that any other god is worshipped except Him. He is a jealous God, jealous as to worship. He is in no way using the word god to imply that it is exclusively His proper name, cos He himself applies it to others too. but that no God EXCEPT Him should be worshipped. (using the word "god" to mean the "a" above).

you are taking me in circle man... from the beginning i have been screeming that anything can be called God... haba! but the point am trying to make is... is it really God? is the rat that is called god really god? is the sun really god? can you look at the sun and say it is a god you are seeing?

Jesus is a god but he doesn't deserve to be worshiped according to you...
he revelation he was worshiped along with the father.

Deuteronomy 4:35-39 Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he is God; there is none else beside him. (v.35)
The LORD he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else. (v.39)

Deuteronomy 32:39 See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me.

Isaiah 43:10 I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Isaiah 44:8 I am the LORD, and there is none else ... There is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else.

Mark 12:29-32 The Lord our God is one Lord. (v.29) There is one God; and there is none other but he. (v.32)

there is more... where Yahweh says he knows not other gods... let me dont make it long.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 10:10am On Aug 05, 2013
JMAN05: when He also says that other gods will be destroyed, he means any god or person who tries to place him/itself on the first category, ie to be worshipped.

Jesus is to be worshiped... you remember one of the commandment saying you shall not worship any other God... Jesus was equally worshiped as the father....
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 05, 2013
Hahaha this guys IQ really has a problem! its ok, stay with ur belief, but I know that any honest person here with vibrant IQ really got the point. I dont know whether this is IQ problem or that u chose to be blind to the truth. which ever way, u are entitled to ur opinion and has the right to believe anything u like no matter how unreasonable. have a nice day.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ayoku777(m): 10:53am On Aug 05, 2013
I think we need to restore sincererity to the interpretation of scriptures and stop making the scripture say what we want it to say. You guys have not interpreted Psalm 82v6 with the sincererity that eliminates doubt.

Psalm 82v6 'I have said, YE ARE GODS; and all of you are CHILDREN OF THE MOST HIGH.'

Here was JEHOVAH HIMSELF talking, and he was not talking to the heathen or about their false heathen gods; he was talking to HIS OWN CHILDREN. And secondly, he wasn't talking about what his children called themselves or what people called them but what HE HIMSELF call them. He didn't say 'People have said or You have said, Ye are gods.' It is I HAVE SAID.

Psalm 82v6 is about JEHOVAH himself calling his children what they were and saying 'Ye are gods.' He wasn't calling them gods by the definition of the heathen or by the definition of other people but by his own decree. That's the sincere interpretation of that verse.

And Deut 6v4 that said 'Hear, O Israel, The LORD our God is ONE Lord.' It should be clear to you by now that 'ONE' in scriptural usage does not always mean one person or one individual. Two, three or more persons can be ONE, either in power, purpose or principles; or even in all. Jesus said in John 10v30 'I and my Father are ONE.' 1John 5v7 'And there are three that bear record in heaven, The Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost; AND THESE THREE ARE ONE.' And Jesus also prayed the Father in John 17 that the Father would makes us one in Him.

So yes, the Father, the Word and the Spirit; and those born of the Word are all in the Godhead, by the appointment of the Father. You could say, everyone in the Family of the Most High (EL-Elyon) is God (Elohim)

This claim is true, and it will be clear if we will just learn to apply sincererity to scriptural interpretation. We need to stop trying to sound esoteric just to make the bible mean what we want it to mean. Just coz a revelation is mindblowing doesn't make it untrue or something we should deflate into a size we can rationalize.

Be blessed
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino1: 11:27am On Aug 05, 2013
JMAN05: Hahaha this guys IQ really has a problem! its ok, stay with ur belief, but I know that any honest person here with vibrant IQ really got the point. I dont know whether this is IQ problem or that u chose to be blind to the truth. which ever way, u are entitled to ur opinion and has the right to believe anything u like no matter how unreasonable. have a nice day.

you have constantly tried to put words into the bible.. trying to say when Yahweh says idols are just wood and stones and not God... yet you came and say he is not really saying they are not god... you are the one who really need to accept the bible... I gave you many verses showing you God is one...

and that one God is the father son and holy spirit...

you said no... there are many Gods.... i have admitted that i have problem understanding that ye are gods... elijah enoch ebraham and many more was never called God... why will those mere men be called gods... yet in some places it says you are not god you are just a man?

I really dont understand it... but i am happy i take verses the way i saw them... you dont... when yahweh say this wood is not god you will say it is not what he meant... and go on explaining rubbish...

IQ is low thats your opinion and not fact... the course am doing in school(computer science in UK) required a lot of thinking... am not in some school that will let you copy your way to graduation... where i am you have to do your work your self... if my IQ low for you so be it... i know i passed all my exams that get me where i am today.

am not surprise you calling me names... i can prove that from the way you speak you are a jehovah's witness... and police have raided them multiple times for calling people who leave the organization mentally diseased. all this degrading and insult just to prove you are right shows you are desperate...

you are arguing with me for what am not disputing... [size=18pt]I have made it clear from start that multiple object rat ant snake stick dirty can be called elohim... but facts and fiction is the difference... true or false is what makes them really the god they are called or not... if you like take it if you like leave it but by point was taking from the scriptures.[/size]

you constantly say men are gods but there are bible verses that says you are not god you are just a man... this is complete contradiction that's why am confused about "ye are gods" man sin because they want to be like god.

You IQ is so high that you are not telling YHWH what he means when he says they are not gods but worthless idols... Kudos to you... cheesy grin
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino1: 11:44am On Aug 05, 2013
ayoku777: I think we need to restore sincererity to the interpretation of scriptures and stop making the scripture say what we want it to say. You guys have not interpreted Psalm 82v6 with the sincerely that eliminates doubt.

Psalm 82v6 'I have said, YE ARE GODS; and all of you are CHILDREN OF THE MOST HIGH.'

Here was JEHOVAH HIMSELF talking, and he was not talking to the heathen or about their false heathen gods; he was talking to HIS OWN CHILDREN. And secondly, he wasn't talking about what his children called themselves or what people called them but what HE HIMSELF call them. He didn't say 'People have said or You have said, Ye are gods.'

Psalm 82v6 is about JEHOVAH himself calling his children what they were and saying 'Ye are gods.' He wasn't calling them gods by the definition of the heathen or by the dsfinition of the people but by his own decree. That's the sincere interpretation of that verse.

And Deut 6v4 that said 'Hear, O Israel, The LORD our God is ONE Lord.' It should be clear to you by now that 'ONE' in scriptural usage does not always mean one person or one individual. Two, three or more persons can be ONE, either in power, purpose or principles; or even in all. Jesus said in John 10v30 'I and my Father are ONE.' 1John 5v7 'And there are three that bear record in heaven, The Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost; AND THESE THREE ARE ONE.' And Jesus also prayed the Father in John 17 that the Father would makes us one in Him.

So yes, the Father, the Word and the Spirit; and those born of the Word are all in the Godhead, by the appointment of the Father. You could say, everyone in the Family of the Most High (EL-Elyon) is God (Elohim)

This claim is true if we will just learn to apply sincererity to scriptural interpretation. We need to stop trying to sound esoteric just to make the bible mean what we want it to mean. Just coz a revelation is mindblowing doesn't make it untrue or something we should deflate into a size we can rationalize.

Be blessed

exactly... that is why i am saying the "ye are gods" is what i don't understand... because in other verses he has stated that humans are not Gods...
Jesus went from being in the nature God... emptied him self and took the nature man...

the verse below shows the difference again between man and God.
"Son of man, say to the leader of Tyre, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "Because your heart is lifted up and you have said, 'I am a god, I sit in the seat of gods, in the heart of the seas'; yet you are a man and not God...Therefore, behold, I will bring strangers upon you, the most ruthless of the nations. And they will draw their swords against the beauty of your wisdom and defile your splendor. They will bring you down to the pit, and you will die the death of those who are slain in the heart of the seas. Will you still say, 'I am a god,' in the presence of your slayer, although you are a man and not God, in the hands of those who wound you?'" (Ezekiel 28:2-9).

then how can people just openly say humans are gods because the bible says "ye are gods" to some unrighteous men to mean humans are gods? this is one of the mystery we don't know...

only Yhwh knows everything. people or skeptics are seeing this as clear contradictions... because of our faiths as Christians we don't see it like that... faith is important...
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ayoku777(m): 12:25pm On Aug 05, 2013
benalvino1:

exactly... that is why i am saying the "ye are gods" is what i don't understand... because in other verses he has stated that humans are not Gods...
Jesus went from being in the nature God... emptied him self and took the nature man...

the verse below shows the difference again between man and God.
"Son of man, say to the leader of Tyre, 'Thus says the Lord GOD, "Because your heart is lifted up and you have said, 'I am a god, I sit in the seat of gods, in the heart of the seas'; yet you are a man and not God...Therefore, behold, I will bring strangers upon you, the most ruthless of the nations. And they will draw their swords against the beauty of your wisdom and defile your splendor. They will bring you down to the pit, and you will die the death of those who are slain in the heart of the seas. Will you still say, 'I am a god,' in the presence of your slayer, although you are a man and not God, in the hands of those who wound you?'" (Ezekiel 28:2-9).

then how can people just openly say humans are gods because the bible says "ye are gods" to some unrighteous men to mean humans are gods? this is one of the mystery we don't know...

only Yhwh knows everything. people or skeptics are seeing this as clear contradictions... because of our faiths as Christians we don't see it like that... faith is important...

The passage you quoted there was God talking to the Leader of Tyre calling himself god, but the passage in Psalms 82v6 is God talking to his children and calling them gods.

There's no ambiguity here, it shows that only the children of the Most High are acknowledged by Him as gods. An unbeliever calling himself that would amount to blasphemy before God, coz its a title reserved for only Jehovah's family.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino1: 12:31pm On Aug 05, 2013
ayoku777:

The passage you quoted there was God talking to the Leader of Tyre calling himself god, but the passage in Psalms 82v6 is God talking to his children and calling them gods.

There's no ambiguity here, it shows that only the children of the Most High are acknowledged by Him as gods. An unbeliever calling himself that would amount to blasphemy before God, coz its a title reserved for only Jehovah's family.

bro... the bible says we are the sons of god... even the wicked people like the prince of tyre... even satan are all sons of god...
so how can you say he was talking to his sons that they are gods when he told another of his son that he is not God but man...
I still look to get good explanation from you.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by ayoku777(m): 12:55pm On Aug 05, 2013
benalvino1:

bro... the bible says we are the sons of god... even the wicked people like the prince of tyre... even satan are all sons of god...
so how can you say he was talking to his sons that they are gods when he told another of his son that he is not God but man...
I still look to get good explanation from you.

So if an unbeliever calls himself a child of God and a born again christian calls himself a child of God, does that mean the same thing to you? We are not all children of God as you said, that's a wrong assumption. If you're not born again, you're not a child of God, the heathen king of Tyre was not a child of God.

And there's a difference between someone calling himself god and Jehovah himself calling the person God. Can you see it? Ye are gods was God himself talking. Nawa o. Are you arguing with God over what he chose to call his children?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

CAN Disowns Ondo Pastor Arrested For Alleged Abduction / If you love GOD, keep HIS Commandments (john 14:15) / The Covenant Between Salt And Atheist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 223
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.