Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,306 members, 7,887,897 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:05 PM

Polytheists Vs Trinity - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Polytheists Vs Trinity (10412 Views)

More Trouble For Polytheists Trinitarians!!! / Dilemma : Is GOD a Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino1: 1:46pm On Aug 05, 2013
ayoku777:

So if an unbeliever calls himself a child of God and a born again christian calls himself a child of God, does that mean the same thing to you? We are not all children of God as you said, that's a wrong assumption. If you're not born again, you're not a child of God, the heathen king of Tyre was not a child of God.

And there's a difference between someone calling himself god and Jehovah himself calling the person God. Can you see it? Ye are gods was God himself talking. Nawa o. Are you arguing with God over what he chose to call his children?

again you are not getting my point... the bible refers to the angels are sons of God.. and he says they mate with the daughters of men... this sons of God are fallen angels.

the people who Jesus told ye are gods are unrighteous men who want to kill Jesus for blasphemy and he told them they will die like men.
for we to
Romans 5:10 For if, when we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

Colossians 1:21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior.

James 4:4 You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.

John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

Ephesians 2:3 All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our sinful nature and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature objects of wrath.

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him.”

the verse above shows the you have to accept christ to reconcile with the father...

They do not know nor do they understand; They walk about in darkness; All the foundations of the earth are shaken. 6I said, "You are gods, And all of you are sons of the Most High. 7"Nevertheless you will die like men And fall like any one of the princes."

I think the gods there is magistrates and judges...
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino1: 2:00pm On Aug 05, 2013
P.S we become children of God when we accept Jesus... that is for such...

your friend Jman says humans are gods and i just have to show him his contradictions...
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Boomark(m): 7:57pm On Aug 05, 2013
benalvino:

like i said the ye are gods are difficult because you and i know that he says no God exist in heaven and earth. when you see the bible talk about other gods how they dont exist and even went on to say all the gods that have not made the heaven and earth will be destroyed... it will be hard to take the verses like the ye are gods to be gods... it might be judges or something...

but i already said that verse will pose problem... and also the ones i brought up will also pose problem for you. the thing is we should make serious research concerning this.
i also said that God have said to some men that they are not god but just a man... Jesus was in the nature God he took the form of a man. again this statement is saying man is not God... then it says to men ye are gods... this is where the confusion is and not the baal gods and sun gods.

am happy you understand where am coming from now with my argument. i will try and see how i can explain this ye are gods part though.

It is difficult for you because of what you believed be you start looking it in the bible. I hope you know you cannot put what you believe above what God said..."you are gods." yes He said it.

And there is no other God besides Him. How? In the context of worship. Look at what what JMAN wrote. That is how it is. You worship no other God besides Him.

Even if you want to make them judges, you will still have problems. You will have to identify who the Only true God is by then i will tell that "mighty God" is equal "mighty judge." whichever way you want to put it, the only true God is the Father. Jesus said it. He told us to also worship Him in truth and in spirit.

Let this mind be in you which is in Christ Jesus(mighty Judge), who being in the form of Judge.... Judges are highly respect. So we should have the mind of judges too cos we are going to judge the angels. Sense making!

Am glad you are standing strongly for the Only true God. He has no equal. Trinity does not exist in heaven, it only exist in the hearts of ignorant men. The Only true God for life!
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino1: 9:49pm On Aug 05, 2013
Boomark:

It is difficult for you because of what you believed be you start looking it in the bible. I hope you know you cannot put what you believe above what God said..."you are gods." yes He said it.

And there is no other God besides Him. How? In the context of worship. Look at what what JMAN wrote. That is how it is. You worship no other God besides Him.

Even if you want to make them judges, you will still have problems. You will have to identify who the Only true God is by then i will tell that "mighty God" is equal "mighty judge." whichever way you want to put it, the only true God is the Father. Jesus said it. He told us to also worship Him in truth and in spirit.

Let this mind be in you which is in Christ Jesus(mighty Judge), who being in the form of Judge.... Judges are highly respect. So we should have the mind of judges too cos we are going to judge the angels. Sense making!

Am glad you are standing strongly for the Only true God. He has no equal. Trinity does not exist in heaven, it only exist in the hearts of ignorant men. The Only true God for life!

dont be biased...
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Itsfacts: 2:05pm On Aug 06, 2013
for jman: i liked your post because you made me laugh tire.

We cannot call the words about other gods being no god as meaning that they are not gods. For that will mean that the words of the psalmist using elohim for angels is in error. If we accept that there is no god EXCEPT Him, this will also mean that Jesus cannot be called God because in those verses Jehovah did not say "apart from Jesus, others are no gods".

^^^^this is an atrocity, what a deluded statement from you. the context of psalmist is not even pointing to the angels. elohim is not the translation to angels. someone made a statement concerning the controversy in that verse.

If we say that men are men and idols are idols and no god, then what about satan and other demons? What about righteous angels? As far as they are called idol, u are already calling it a god.
you call idols gods when you know they are firewood and cement... did you smoke? satan and other angels are meant to serve God. they and messengers, not god. men are humans, man that is what they are, How else do you want to understand it? if they are God why did Jesus have to change from being in the nature God and take the nature of a man? cant you see that man is not God from that statement alone?
Bible has distinguish men from God how else do you want it?

When Jehovah say they are no gods, it means they do not deserve to be worshipped cos they are impotent.
when YHWH says there are no gods it means there are no gods. Why are you lying? you are living in denial. the verses says there are no god.

One of the verses where Jehovah made those statements is:

Isaiah 43:10, 11

10 “YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of
Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, in
order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and
that YOU may understand that I am the same One.
Before me there was no God formed, and after me
there continued to be none. 11 I—I am Jehovah,
and besides me there is no savior.”

the bold has told you that no god was form and there continue to be no god. you are twisting things here.

When Jehovah make such statements He usually refers to idols. In the verse above, the context indicates that He was contrasting himself from man-made idols.
he says there was no god formed it means zeus, baal and any god you want to call. stop this twisting dude. it will be for the betterment of you accepting God's words.
So let me get you straight he is only angry that people are worshiping idols and not satan? he is ok with people worshiping satan? you drink? how can he have issues with gods that are made by men and not have issues with humans that makes their self god or people worship as god? you don drink hahahaha.

Such gods could not stretch out the heavens like a guage, as Jehovah did.
are you stupid? such gods(idols) cannot stretch out the heavens... did the angels and satan you call god stretch out the heavens? did the humans stretch out the heavens? i cant believe this.

Those gods cannot tell the future that we may know they are gods.
as you say you are god can you tell the future? as you think YHWH have issues with only the idols.

So the context establishes that the Almighty is hurling a challenge at the so-called gods of the nations. Being idol with no POWER, they are certainly are not gods to be worshipped; they are really nothings.
now you just mentioned they are really nothing. but look are your opening statement below
If we say that men are men and idols are idols and no god, then what
about satan and other demons? What about righteous angels?
As far as they are called idol, u are already calling it a god.

you really confused man, I think you have stated contradicting your self badly.

So Jehovah is talking about idols that cannot act, as mere woods made by man. This or other books that say they are no gods should not be used to mean that their are no god except Jehovah. Here, Jah is using the word "god" as a supernatural object of veneration. But these so called gods has no power. He is not trying to imply that the word "god" cannot be used for those who are not worshipped, nor is He implying that there is no god in its entirety.

1 Corinthians 10:19-21 - 19 Do I mean then that food sacrificed to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything? 20 No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons. 21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons.

demons or satan or angels are not Gods. idols are always linked to a demon. people use idol to worship their gods... so when people use the idol to worship baal, statues to worship zeus etc it still has ties to the demons(satan).

The godship of Jehovah is proven by His miracles and saving power He manifested
to which the israelites are witnesses. Isaiah 43:9, 10. (Quotations above). But the other gods has no witness nor did they perform anything.

have you been to a shrine of a native doctor before? every idol is linked to a demon. it is satan that drives people into idolatry by the way. it is written that when you sacrifice to an idol, you are sacrificing to a demon.

the sun is not an object that man made for him self, but they worship it anyhow. even the stars. will you not put it in the idol category?

Can we now say that since Jah do not view them as god to be worshipped, they are no gods? No. For some view it as their god. "But Jah says they are no god, so they are not'' someone may say. Yes to us they are their god and unreal. But their worshippers can say the same thing for our own God. Will we then conclude that Jah is no God for us? The same can be compared with students of EMEKA and OKEKE in the illustration. Again the word "god" is a common noun that refers to something/person that is worshipped. But scriptures moves a bit farther.

^^^ first you say they are gods, then they are nothing, now they are gods again because someone in your organization says so even when YHWH says they are not gods.

let me ask you. is it safe to make a wood and keep in your room and tell your friend that see this is a god woodock but dont worship it? is this not stupid analysis from you? so i can start calling all the furniture in my house god as they are not worshiped or because other people worship them? hahahaaha ben is right you dont know the difference between facts and opinion.

Again when He says there is no god He often refers to idols that are impotent. But idols themselves are gods. It doesnt make the word exclusive to Him alone, as the scriptures shows that the word can be used for humans and angels. Which is the main issue I am establishing here.

^^^ you foolish!!! which kind person you be. he refers to idol that they are not gods to be worshiped but ok with satan and angels and humans? and you reject the meaning of what YHWH says and add you own meaning.

I think the above answers ur question on why He often says there is no god except him. The context helps us grately. Again, Jeremiah, Ezekiel and Isaiah wrote on the same context as they all wrote about the capture and restoration of the israelites and their worship of images.

you have failed to answer the question directed to you. 0 over 100 and i am ashamed of you making fool out of your self.

2 Likes

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Boomark(m): 8:04pm On Aug 06, 2013
benalvino1:

dont be biased...

May be you did not realise on time that you were rooting for the only true God, the Father as one and only God. You did well. When you are ready to name them magistrate or judges or say it is a mystery let us know.

For now you are stuck. That is how it with trinity. It does not exist. You wrong by saying that Jesus called men(Jews) gods. Read jn 10:33-36 well. No man is a god without Christ. Hmm...i hope i no confuse you there.

@anyaoku

You are still teaching this doctrine you got from "i and my Father are one." thought you wanted to do more research 1st?
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 9:00pm On Aug 06, 2013
Boomark:

May be you did not realise on time that you were rooting for the only true God, the Father as one and only God. You did well. When you are ready to name them magistrate or judges or say it is a mystery let us know.

For now you are stuck. That is how it with trinity. It does not exist. You wrong by saying that Jesus called men(Jews) gods. Read jn 10:33-36 well. No man is a god without Christ. Hmm...i hope i no confuse you there.

@anyaoku

You are still teaching this doctrine you got from "i and my Father are one." thought you wanted to do more research 1st?

yes YHWH is the one and only God... JESUS is YHWH you have problem with that?
I thought you knew the meaning of gods...
Jesus quote psalmist... aside that, the verse is calling men judges there they are not sky gods or deity. you really need to cut your mind out of polytheism. Bible says God is one... only one God and non exist... if judges are called gods then they are only judges which is a civil office and not God in nature... God is a nature and also title... the son and the Father are God by nature... they are the creator of the whole universe... the universe holds because of Jesus... he is not God by title but God by nature...

you people have put men idols(woods) and God in same category... When you call woods gods you cant mean them to be judges... they dont fall in that category. angels are not God over anything and they are not judges too... Men are judges in earth and they will judge angels... so they are judges...

when Jesus comes we will share his nature... some of his Divine qualities.
for now Jesus was God but emptied him self and take nature of men and not gods.

Psalm 82:1 says, “God presides in the great assembly; he gives judgment among the gods.” It is clear from the next three verses that the word “gods” refers to magistrates, judges, and other people who hold positions of authority and rule. Calling a human magistrate a “god” indicates three things:
1) he has authority over other human beings,
2) the power he wields as a civil authority is to be feared, and
3) he derives his power and authority from God Himself, who is pictured as judging the whole earth in verse 8.

The whole point of Psalm 82 is that earthly judges must act with impartiality and true justice, because even judges must stand someday before the Judge. Verses 6 and 7 warn human magistrates that they, too, must be judged: “I said, `You are gods; you are all sons of the Most High.' But you will die like mere men; you will fall like every other ruler.” This passage is saying that God has appointed men to positions of authority in which they are considered as gods among the people. They are to remember that, even though they are representing God in this world, they are mortal and must eventually give an account to God for how they used that authority.

In contrast, we have the serpent’s lie to Eve in the Garden. His statement, “your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil” (Genesis 3:5), was a half-truth. Their eyes were opened (verse 7), but they did not become like God. In fact, they lost authority, rather than gaining it. Satan deceived Eve about her ability to become like the one true God, and so led her into a lie.

1 Like

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Boomark(m): 3:24pm On Aug 07, 2013
^^Ok.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Itsfacts: 5:13pm On Aug 07, 2013
^^^First Psalm 82 in context in which these words are found. In verse one Asaph declared that God judges among the gods. This word "gods" is the same Hebrew word used in verse six. Verses two through four inform us as to the identity of these gods whom God judges. They are none other than judges, or magistrates of the land. They were rulers who were perverting judgment through their office and authority. Because of this it is declared, "I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes" (Psalm 82:6-7). The Lord had given these rulers their authority, but they abused it (Daniel 4:25, 30, 34-37; 5:18-22; Romans 13:1-4). As a result of their evil stewardship over the offices of God, the Lord said they would fall like one of the princes. In this passage, then, those who are called gods are human judges in the land of Israel.

Human beings are not “gods” or “little gods.” We are not God. God is God, and we who know Christ are His children.
i suggest boomark you have seen it all?
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Boomark(m): 9:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
^^Yea i have it all. I have seen how trinity has been defeated by the truth. Let me show how we are enjoying irrefutable truth.

1 Corinthians 8:5-6
New International Version (NIV)
5 For even if there are so-called
gods, whether in heaven or on
earth (as indeed there are many
“gods” and many “lords”), 6 yet for
us there is but one God, the Father,
from whom all things came and for
whom we live; and there is but one
Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom
all things came and through whom
we live.

Did you see that comparison? God matched with gods not judges. Lord matched with lords not prince. We are not dumb to compare cow leg to cow tails. We not the type that compare mango and aki hausa(tiger nut). Mango goes with mangos.

When you tell me that gods here mean judges, then it make no sense telling us their is still one God or do you want to change it to one judge. No connection, very senseless.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 9:14pm On Aug 07, 2013
Boomark: ^^Yea i have it all. I have seen how trinity has been defeated by the truth. Let me show how we are enjoying irrefutable truth.

1 Corinthians 8:5-6
5 For even if there are so-called
“gods” and many “lords”), 6 yet for
us there is but one God, the Father,
from whom all things came and for
whom we live; and there is but one
Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom
all things came and through whom
we live.

Did you see that comparison? God matched with gods not judges. Lord matched with lords not prince. We are not dumb to compare cow leg to cow tails. We not the type that compare mango and aki hausa(tiger nut). Mango goes with mangos.

When you tell me that gods here mean judges, then it make no sense telling us their is still one God or do you want to change it to one judge. No connection, very senseless.

Gods means judges... Lol I showed you the context and do you want more proof? Besides that the Corinthians you quote have so-called look up the meaning then you will see that he is talking about things wrongly called gods... The key is socalled.

let me ask you... Are humans god?
If yes what are we god over?
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Boomark(m): 11:26pm On Aug 07, 2013
@benalvino
I never wish to respond to your post so that you can go on believing whatever you want but ijawkid my man say make i give im friend this ogbonge scripture make you take clear eye.

Mt 23:9
And do not call anyone on earth
father,' for you have one Father,
and he is in heaven.

this is similar to saying, "there are those that are called gods but we all have one God.

Will you tell/teach people that your biological father is a false father. Ie he is called a father but he is not actually a father. That Paul was a false father to timothy.

How about when he said, "obey your father and mother"? How will you twist this one? Abi na "Popsi" you go use change am. You have a choice to stick with the teachings of deluded people or to join us and enjoy the truth.

1 Like

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 11:55pm On Aug 07, 2013
Boomark: @benalvino
I never wish to respond to your post so that you can go on believing whatever you want but ijawkid my man say make i give im friend this ogbonge scripture make you take clear eye.

and he is in heaven.

this is similar to saying, "there are those that are called gods but we all have one God.

Will you tell/teach people that your biological father is a false father. Ie he is called a father but he is not actually a father. That Paul was a false father to timothy.

How about when he said, "obey your father and mother"? How will you twist this one? Abi na "Popsi" you go use change am. You have a choice to stick with the teachings of deluded people or to join us and enjoy the truth.

when you dont know what verses mean or take things out of context... then you will make yeye comparison...

In Matthew 23:1-12, Jesus is denouncing the Jewish scribes and Pharisees for rejecting Him as their Messiah, in particular for their hypocrisy in elevating themselves above others with titles such as “teacher” and “master.” The Jewish teachers affected that title because they supposed that a teacher formed the man, or gave him real life, and they sought, therefore, to be called “father,” as if they were the source of truth rather than God. Christ taught them that the source of all life and truth was God, and they ought not to seek or receive a title which properly belongs to Him.

This denunciation is equally relevant for today. In no way should any person look up to, follow, or elevate a human leader in any religious or church organization above Jesus Christ. Jesus is the Head of the Church, His body, and our one and only Master and Teacher. He alone is the author of our salvation, source of comfort in difficulties and strength to live the Christian life, and the only One to whom our prayers should be directed.

Roman Catholics call their priests “father” and the pope is called “the holy father.” This is clearly unbiblical. The priest as “father” is problematic. Catholic priests are doing precisely what Matthew 23:9 condemns by allowing the term “father” in a spiritual sense be applied to them. In no sense is a priest or pastor a “spiritual father” to a Christian. Only God can cause a person to receive “spiritual birth,” therefore, only God is worthy of the title of “Father” in a spiritual sense.

you dont take one verse and throw away its context...

psalm 82 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

8 Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.
the above in context shows you that the gods are judges... i cant see how you will deny this facts
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Boomark(m): 12:17am On Aug 08, 2013
benalvino:

Gods means judges... Lol I showed you the context and do you want more proof? Besides that the Corinthians you quote have so-called look up the meaning then you will see that he is talking about things wrongly called gods... The key is socalled.

let me ask you... Are humans god?
If yes what are we god over?

My brother am no longer interested. If you are honest, ask yourself these questions and find answers for yourself.

Those you say are the so called judges in heaven, who will they judge? Are their judgements taking place in heaven now and against who? Are the fallen angels not RESERVED for judgement?

In what way did God want to make Moses a god to pharoah?

What does it mean to live a godly life. If ye have chosen judge, then ask yourself how many people you have judged.

Go and look for the bible meaning of Godhead(Gods nature) which we possess through Christ, not the Godhead trinity o.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 12:26am On Aug 08, 2013
Boomark:

My brother am no longer interested. If you are honest, ask yourself these questions and find answers for yourself.

Those you say are the so called judges in heaven, who will they judge? Are their judgements taking place in heaven now and against who? Are the fallen angels not RESERVED for judgement?

What does it mean to live a godly life. If ye have chosen judge, then ask yourself how many people you have judged.

Go and look for the bible meaning of Godhead(Gods nature) which we possess through Christ, not the Godhead trinity o.

socalled judges in heaven hahahaaha now i see how confused you are. that verse context should you its judges... corinthians shows you its talking about sacrifices to gods in terms of gods people worship... it calls them so-called gods. you no go kill me for laugh.

so you dont read in context?

question for you... why should he call some earthly men gods when they cheat against the weak in favor of the wicked? if the men are really gods in terms of GODs then why are some men not gods? you know the prince of tyre example i gave you? now i see where your confusion is coming from.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 12:33am On Aug 08, 2013
Boomark:

the bible says we will possess it in the future not now... get you facts right... i am sure you dont know the meaning of GodHead you say it all the time it seems... ijawkid made that mistake too about our future nature.
you want bible verses?

you tried with the last verse you present but it not affecting this argument... see what roman catholic do today? Holy father... father bless me for i have sin, is what Jesus is talking about... roman catholic god as much as calling their priest holy father.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Boomark(m): 12:53am On Aug 08, 2013
benalvino:

when you dont know what verses mean or take things out of context... then you will make yeye comparison...

In Matthew 23:1-12, Jesus is denouncing the Jewish scribes and Pharisees for rejecting Him as their Messiah, in particular for their hypocrisy in elevating themselves above others with titles such as “teacher” and “master.” The Jewish teachers affected that title because they supposed that a teacher formed the man, or gave him real life, and they sought, therefore, to be called “father,” as if they were the source of truth rather than God. Christ taught them that the source of all life and truth was God, and they ought not to seek or receive a title which properly belongs to Him.

This denunciation is equally relevant for today. In no way should any person look up to, follow, or elevate a human leader in any religious or church organization above Jesus Christ. Jesus is the Head of the Church, His body, and our one and only Master and Teacher. He alone is the author of our salvation, source of comfort in difficulties and strength to live the Christian life, and the only One to whom our prayers should be directed.

Roman Catholics call their priests “father” and the pope is called “the holy father.” This is clearly unbiblical. The priest as “father” is problematic. Catholic priests are doing precisely what Matthew 23:9 condemns by allowing the term “father” in a spiritual sense be applied to them. In no sense is a priest or pastor a “spiritual father” to a Christian. Only God can cause a person to receive “spiritual birth,” therefore, only God is worthy of the title of “Father” in a spiritual sense.

you dont take one verse and throw away its context...

psalm 82 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

the above in context shows you that the gods are judges... i cant see how you will deny this facts

I did not see anything. What i saw is that God is the judge among gods. Where did you add your own?

1 Corinthians 4:14-17
Paul’s Appeal and Warning
14 I am writing this not to shame
you but to warn you as my dear
children. 15 Even if you had ten
thousand guardians in Christ, you
do not have many fathers, for in
Christ Jesus I became your father
through the gospel.
16 Therefore I
urge you to imitate me.

May be you condemn Paul in context.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 1:19am On Aug 08, 2013
Boomark:

I did not see anything. What i saw is that God is the judge among gods. Where did you add your own?

1 Corinthians 4:14-17
Paul’s Appeal and Warning
14 I am writing this not to shame
you but to warn you as my dear
children. 15 Even if you had ten
thousand guardians in Christ, you
do not have many fathers, for in
Christ Jesus I became your father
through the gospel.
16 Therefore I
urge you to imitate me.

May be you condemn Paul in context.
how can you not see it when it is in your front...

God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Boomark(m): 2:05am On Aug 08, 2013
benalvino:

socalled judges in heaven hahahaaha now i see how confused you are. that verse context should you its judges... corinthians shows you its talking about sacrifices to gods in terms of gods people worship... it calls them so-called gods. you no go kill me for laugh.

so you dont read in context?

question for you... why should he call some earthly men gods when they cheat against the weak in favor of the wicked? if the men are really gods in terms of GODs then why are some men not gods? you know the prince of tyre example i gave you? now i see where your confusion is coming from.

So now you know that inserting judges wherever you see gods amount to confusion just like you did not know when you professing that the Father is the only true God against 3 persons 3 Gods. Please show me where Jesus said the Father is the only true God. Would that be a difficult thing for you to do? Would you hide that scripture from somebody that wants to know the truth? The only true God for life!

For even if there are so-called
"gods" and many "lords"wink

I see you have select the one you want to put in context. But let me bring your one-sided mind back and try to be organised 1st before you start asking too many questions.

Idols are not called judges but gods, i hope you know? He says there are INDEED gods and lords. If there are actually lords then there are gods too. The context gave you no room to insert judges, false gods or false lords here cos it will be criminal to do so.

Check your dictionary, "so called" indicates what one thinks or a personal opinion. It does not show what something is, Indeed(ie the true nature).

You must not believe. All i want you to do is to tell me who it says is the one God we all Have in v6.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Boomark(m): 3:17am On Aug 08, 2013
benalvino:
how can you not see it when it is in your front...

God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

Look at v1 and 8. The Father is a judge, does that in any way mean that He is not God? These men are judges, does that in any way mean they are not gods? This is what you fail to understand. David quoted from the law, Lev 19:15 to show that these are men(judges). See how God is judging among the gods in De 1:17-18. He is judge, they are judges. He is God, they are gods. He called the gods and His sons and there is nothing you can do about it. Ecclesiastic 5:8 shows that they are high but he is higher than them.

In Jn 10:34-36, they became jealous of Jesus and said he is making himself a god. So told that even when the scripture was against them, they were called gods how nuch more him that God has sanctified.

If you want to reply/debunk what i have said, focus on Ps 82 and don't tell me how the sun is a false god or how there are 3 Gods are in the only true God.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 7:54am On Aug 08, 2013
Boomark:

Look at v1 and 8. The Father is a judge, does that in any way mean that He is not God? These men are judges, does that in any way mean they are not gods? This is what you fail to understand. David quoted from the law, Lev 19:15 to show that these are men(judges). See how God is judging among the gods in De 1:17-18. He is judge, they are judges. He is God, they are gods. He called the gods and His sons and there is nothing you can do about it. Ecclesiastic 5:8 shows that they are high but he is higher than them.

In Jn 10:34-36, they became jealous of Jesus and said he is making himself a god. So told that even when the scripture was against them, they were called gods how nuch more him that God has sanctified.

If you want to reply/debunk what i have said, focus on Ps 82 and don't tell me how the sun is a false god or how there are 3 Gods are in the only true God.

hahaahahahaah he is judging the judges. lol was yahweh the judge that was doing this "2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah."
^^^ learn the meaning of unjustly... how can YHWH accept the persons of wicked? or judge unjustly to the people? lmao i see you dont like the truth. it is in front of you and you no gree...

the gods there is looking at you eye ball to eye ball as judges context proves it... yet you want the one that says men are gods... later same bible will tell a man that you are not god but just a man.

An example of this can be found in Exodus 21:6 where it reads, “Then his master shall bring him unto the judges [Elohim] …” Another example is Exodus 22:8 which reads, “If the thief be not found, then the master of the house shall be brought unto the judges and they must determine whether the owner of the house has laid hands on the other person’s property.” Again, the Hebrew Elohim is used.

the Leviticus quote am not arguing with that because yes men are judges... but the 2 verses i brought above is a clear proof that elohim is sometimes translated as judges and only in context should you know if it is talking about gods(idol) gods(judges) YHWH is always identified as God.

elohim is sometimes translated as Mighty, great, judges etc...

ELOHIM TRANSLATED AS 'GREAT'
Genesis 30:8. (Rachel said) "… with great (elohim) wrestlings have I wrestled with my sister…."
From this text we can understand the heaviness of Rachel's heart that she could not conceive. Her sister Leah brought forth children, but Rachel could not. In her experience, her mental wrestlings were immense. The Jewish text translates Elohim as "mighty". 1 Samuel 14:15. "… the earth quaked, so it was a very great (elohim) trembling."
In order that the translators of the King James might make clear how large a trembling the earthquake was, they translated Elohim as two words "very great". The Masoretic text concludes the verse with, "so it grew into a terror from God."
ELOHIM TRANSLATED AS 'MIGHTY'
Genesis 23:6. (Abraham) "…. Thou art a mighty (elohim) prince among us."
Abraham was regarded by the Canaanites as being a mighty prince, even though he had no claim to
their land. He just wandered back and forth, using their soil and grass for his many flocks, cattle and produce. This shows the respect they had for him. The Jewish text is the same.

Rachel case... Now will it make sense to say with god wrestling? hahaha... if so which god wresting? idols or men or satan! anyone you choose you will result to error

Abraham case... will it make sense to trasnlate elohim from great back to god or God so it will sound like thou are a god/God prince among us? lmao now you see where am going? i bet you are getting a glimpse of how Elohim is used.

1 Like

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 8:19am On Aug 08, 2013
Boomark:

So now you know that inserting judges wherever you see gods amount to confusion just like you did not know when you professing that the Father is the only true God against 3 persons 3 Gods. Please show me where Jesus said the Father is the only true God. Would that be a difficult thing for you to do? Would you hide that scripture from somebody that wants to know the truth? The only true God for life!

For even if there are so-called
"gods" and many "lords"wink

I see you have select the one you want to put in context. But let me bring your one-sided mind back and try to be organised 1st before you start asking too many questions.

Idols are not called judges but gods, i hope you know? He says there are INDEED gods and lords. If there are actually lords then there are gods too. The context gave you no room to insert judges, false gods or false lords here cos it will be criminal to do so.

Check your dictionary, "so called" indicates what one thinks or a personal opinion. It does not show what something is, Indeed(ie the true nature).

You must not believe. All i want you to do is to tell me who it says is the one God we all Have in v6.

earlier i told you that idols are called god in a different sense. i also ask if idols can be judge to prove that when the context talks about idols it has to do with worship. people think they are god in the sense of YHWH... this has nothing to do with elohim translated as judge. above post i proved elohim is translated as mighty, great and judges.

with that statement i think you are not reading my post completely or you are not understanding it.
the one God is YHWH... now you are saying one God cheesy
you want to throw away the other gods you said exist?
this is why i dont understand JWs, ijawkid and many more... they will argue Jesus is not God but an angel, later they will argue he is a man, later then will argue that he is not God but the son of God. we always say being the son of God means he is God they will say no. we will say But when your that gave birth to u, you became man like him not dog... they will say Yes but Jesus is just the son of God... when the matter don hard them they will say humans are god too just like Jesus... then they will try to prove that idols are gods just like Jesus...

all the contradictions will start mounting... Jesus is YHWH in the flesh...

1 Like

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by truthislight: 10:44am On Aug 08, 2013
Boomark: @benalvino

and he is in heaven.

^
grin
lol.
guy you funny die. grin

But then, its the truth you stated there ^.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Boomark(m): 5:51pm On Aug 08, 2013
truthislight:
^
grin
lol.
guy you funny die. grin

But then, its the truth you stated there ^.

My brother i don tire for these people. That is a very glaring truth.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Boomark(m): 6:21pm On Aug 08, 2013
@Benalvino
You failed. I believe this should be as a result of poor understand. I hate it when someone says what i did not say..."that God is judging the judges"? You failed to read Deuteronomy which i gave you to see how he is judging among the gods, Ps 82:1.

Deuteronomy 1:17-18
17 Do not show partiality in
judging; hear both small and great
alike. Do not be afraid of any man,
for judgment belongs to God. Bring
me any case too hard for you, and I
will hear it.

You failed. You also failed to focus on Ps 82 and refute all that i have said with the scripture. I will not tempted to reply you again. Jman respected himself while i foolishly continued.

Give me back all the sleep i lost last night cos of you. cheesy

THREAD CLOSED angry

1 Like

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino1: 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2013
Boomark: @Benalvino
You failed. I believe this should be as a result of poor understand. I hate it when someone says what i did not say..."that God is judging the judges"? You failed to read Deuteronomy which i gave you to see how he is judging among the gods, Ps 82:1.

judging; hear both small and great
alike. Do not be afraid of any man,
for judgment belongs to God. Bring
me any case too hard for you, and I
will hear it.

You failed. You also failed to focus on Ps 82 and refute all that i have said with the scripture. I will not tempted to reply you again. Jman respected himself while i foolishly continued.

Give me back all the sleep i lost last night cos of you. cheesy

THREAD CLOSED angry
hahahaha how does this change anything?
i gave you examples that shows how elohim means great, mighty and showed you verses... yet you bring this... you dont like when you are pushed against the wall...
i ask you Was God the Judge that was making partiality? you kept mute... instead you bring Judgement Belongs only to God... Yes God will Judge everyone and the Thiefs that are Judge here on earth will still be Judged by God. thats what this means... if a man Judge you, you have just Gone through stage one... final and decisive Judgement is from God...
God presides in the great assembly; he renders judgment among the “gods”:
let me help you again... reason why he is Judging the gods or judges is because of this: “How long will you defend the unjust and show partiality to the wicked?
its either you have blinded your eyes towards this or you deliberately refuse to accept it because of pride.

the ones below is something you cant run from... you have tried to act like you didnt see it... so you want to run by saying thread close without addressing them. lol what will you have to say about them?

ELOHIM TRANSLATED AS 'GREAT'
Genesis 30:8. (Rachel said) "… with great (elohim) wrestlings have I wrestled with my sister…."
From this text we can understand the heaviness of Rachel's heart that she could not conceive. Her sister Leah brought forth children, but Rachel could not. In her experience, her mental wrestlings were immense. The Jewish text translates Elohim as "mighty". 1 Samuel 14:15. "… the earth quaked, so it was a very great (elohim) trembling."
In order that the translators of the King James might make clear how large a trembling the earthquake was, they translated Elohim as two words "very great". The Masoretic text concludes the verse with, "so it grew into a terror from God."
ELOHIM TRANSLATED AS 'MIGHTY'
Genesis 23:6. (Abraham) "…. Thou art a mighty (elohim) prince among us."
Abraham was regarded by the Canaanites as being a mighty prince, even though he had no claim to
their land. He just wandered back and forth, using their soil and grass for his many flocks, cattle and produce. This shows the respect they had for him. The Jewish text is the same.

[size=18pt]lol when you see ijawkid he will buy you drink for the sleep you lost. i will ask him to. am in scotland at the moment [/size]

1 Like

Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Frank4YAHWEH(m): 3:04am On Aug 09, 2013
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary agrees that Psalm 82:1 is in reference to judges:

"82:1-5 Magistrates are the mighty in authority for the public good. Magistrates are the ministers of God's providence, for keeping up order and peace, and particularly in punishing evil-doers, and protecting those that do well. Good princes and good judges, who mean well, are under Divine direction; and bad ones, who mean ill, are under Divine restraint. The authority of God is to be submitted to, in those governors whom his providence places over us. But when justice is turned from what is right, no good can be expected. The evil actions of public persons are public mischiefs."

Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible gives a number of interpretation, one being as follows that agrees that Psalm 82:1 is in reference to judges"

"The words may be rendered, "God standeth in the congregation of God" (a): that is, in his own congregation, his church and people; but it seems best of all to understand the words of rulers and civil magistrates, of the cabinet councils of princes, of benches of judges, and courts of judicature; in all which God is present, and observes what is said and done; ..."

From the same sourse above the following agrees that Psalm 82:1 is in reference to judges:

"Aben Ezra interprets it of them, who are so called, Psalm 8:5, but rather civil magistrates are meant, the rulers and judges of the people, who go by this name of "elohim", or gods, in Exodus 21:6, and are so called because they are the powers ordained of God, are representatives of him, are his vicegerents and deputies under him; should act in his name, according to his law, and for his glory, and are clothed with great power and authority from and under him; and therefore are before styled the "mighty". ... Among these Christ, the Son of God, judges, to whom all judgment is committed; he qualifies these for the discharge of their office, he directs them how to judge, and all the right judgment they make and do is from him, "by" whom "kings" reign, and princes decree justice; by whom princes rule, and nobles, even all the judges of the earth; and to whom they are all accountable, and will be themselves judged by him another day, Proverbs 8:15 so the Targum, "in the midst of the judges of truth he judges.''"

There are some who believe Psalm 82:1 is in reference to angels which is mentioned in this source:
http://biblehub.com/psalms/82-1.htm

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority [power] except that which Yahweh has established. The authorities [powers] that exist have been established by Yahweh (Romans 13:1).

----------------
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Boomark(m): 12:02pm On Aug 09, 2013
Poor understanding/visualization still.

judging; hear both small and
great
alike. Do not be afraid of any
man,
for judgment belongs to God.
Bring
me any case too hard for you,
and I
will hear it.

by chosing only "...judgements belongs to God," shows half half understanding.

To the lawyers in the house, e be like say the supreme judge want to hear this kajad mata wey dey for ground so as e don pass us(lower court judges). Make we refer this mata sharp sharp to Abuja. But this our supreme judge dey powerful o! See as in him dey use one winshes and wizard television(onyokometer) dey watch us as we dey dey collect bribe take dey pass judgement. Na wa o!

How i wish anony did not run. But all the same na the same.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Itsfacts: 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2013
Boomark: Poor understanding/visualization still.

judging; hear both small and
great
alike. Do not be afraid of any
man,
for judgment belongs to God.
Bring
me any case too hard for you,
and I
will hear it.

by chosing only "...judgements belongs to God," shows half half understanding.

To the lawyers in the house, e be like say the supreme judge want to hear this kajad mata wey dey for ground so as e don pass us(lower court judges). Make we refer this mata sharp sharp to Abuja. But this our supreme judge dey powerful o! See as in him dey use one winshes and wizard television(onyokometer) dey watch us as we dey dey collect bribe take dey pass judgement. Na wa o!

How i wish anony did not run. But all the same na the same.

brother boomark your verse did not address the question. they told you elohim translate to great, mighty you have never touched that. frank shows you that psalmist is talking about judges also.

could you address those post?
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Boomark(m): 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2013
Itsfacts:

brother boomark your verse did not address the question. they told you elohim translate to great, mighty you have never touched that. frank shows you that psalmist is talking about judges also.

elohim translates to great, mighty and god. Its better that way.
That one is called mighty/great does not mean that one is a judge. You have to first identify "who".

We now found out that these things were referring to judges/magistrates and they are also called gods. If they were called mighty, great etc no problem. Why then will have problems when God called them gods? Even when you say gods=judges, then there are people who are INDEED called gods, 1Cor 8:5, cos God also called them gods and Jesus confirmed it. Or don't you like the word he chosed?

God committed all judgement to Jesus and he is called a mighty God. I believe he is a mighty judge who will judge all nations.

If you are honest, show me the PERSON that is called THE ONLY TRUE GOD, we shall then know that all other gods are either judges or false gods. Simple. THE BOLDED ID VERY IMPORTANT.
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by benalvino(m): 3:53pm On Aug 09, 2013
Itsfacts:

am sure he couldn't! he should be accepting the truth instead of bringing a verse that has nothing to do with the topic. you can see Jman has ran away... i give boomark thumbs up for sticking around and i know he has no objection to my post he cant address...

again am asking him one question he has been running away from...
if men are gods... what are they god over?
Re: Polytheists Vs Trinity by Boomark(m): 4:11pm On Aug 09, 2013
I will gladly reply that if it is coming from itsfact. You can quote me if i fail to do so.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

One Thing To Prosper In All Things - Joseph Prince / CAN Disowns Ondo Pastor Arrested For Alleged Abduction / Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.