Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,427 members, 7,944,124 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 11:42 AM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest (86868 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by biolabee(m): 12:53pm On Jun 30, 2013
flourishG: nobody is condemning.i hate this attitude when pple like frosbel n other say d truth and the disciples of men like some pple we see here come to defend their leaders.there's no condemnation whatsoever for those who are in christ.so we simple say d truth but some babbysitters don't like their pastors talked to n dat becomes an issue of contention.when their pastor or organization does what is wrong, [size=18pt]they shld be able to admit it n move on[/size], no one is above mistake or error but to begin to cover up for their hypocrisy is gross unrighteousness n dats da issue here.

chikena....10/10
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Sheggun1: 12:58pm On Jun 30, 2013
All is well
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by jendell: 1:03pm On Jun 30, 2013
i tot their brodas in nairaland said d photo was photoshopped,y r they apologizing?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by flourishG(m): 1:07pm On Jun 30, 2013
jendell: i tot their brodas in nairaland said d photo was photoshopped,y r they apologizing?
it's all hypocrisy n some people being above the law while other should subject themselves to d law.That's what i hate n fight here.my message is simple.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by biolabee(m): 1:19pm On Jun 30, 2013
jendell: i tot their brodas in nairaland said d photo was photoshopped,y r they apologizing?

hahaha...fotoshop ko.. fotomall ni
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 30, 2013
"commentless"

waka pass
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Mintayo(m): 1:24pm On Jun 30, 2013
flourishG: nobody is condemning.i hate this attitude when pple like frosbel n other say d truth and the disciples of men like some pple we see here come to defend their leaders.there's no condemnation whatsoever for those who are in christ.so we simple say d truth but some babbysitters don't like their pastors talked to n dat becomes an issue of contention.when their pastor or organization does what is wrong, they shld be able to admit it n move on, no one is above mistake or error but to begin to cover up for their hypocrisy is gross unrighteousness n dats da issue here.
u dnt say d truth by judging somebody and condemning somebody!
i will say it again,no man has a right to condemn any man of God!
Most of dem admit it and moved,bt it is ppl like u who spread and enlarge them!
If dis story is true,den ppl shld forget abt it and move on too;kumuyi's son admits it,dt s y he apologized,i think ppl shld let dem be...so what r u talking abt!
I am not a member of deeperlife bt we v ppl here who has nt removed d tree in their eyes bt are trying to remove d log in ppl's eyes...too bad!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by TheHumanist(m): 1:25pm On Jun 30, 2013
Segeggs: Apology or no apology, one thing i know is that we have seen a fragment of the heart of the two pastor's children which i think is opposite what their church's doctrine stand for. I'll call it all hypocrisy.

Thanks Bro...I think they r apologizing for being VAIN because they would have termed their little show of affluence as "VANITY" if it were someone else...*just saying Sha*

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 30, 2013
Mintayo:
u dnt say d truth by judging somebody and condemning somebody!
i will say it again,no man has a right to condemn any man of God!
Most of dem admit it and moved,bt it is ppl like u who spread and enlarge them!
If dis story is true,den ppl shld forget abt it and move on too;kumuyi's son admits it,dt s y he apologized,i think ppl shld let dem be...so what r u talking abt!
I am not a member of deeperlife bt we v ppl here who has nt removed d tree in their eyes bt are trying to remove d log in ppl's eyes...too bad!

the people who are doing the condemning are those who are judging God's servants for looking nice on their most important day, just be careful so that you do not cause this beautiful couple to sin. Who made you a judge over them.

"If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea." - Mark 9:42
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by jlounge: 2:03pm On Jun 30, 2013
[quote author=frosbel][/quote]

What's with these 22 doctrines? Can you suggest one that's unscriptural?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by olayiwola9(m): 2:08pm On Jun 30, 2013
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter. " Fear God and keep his commandments ".
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by jlounge: 2:13pm On Jun 30, 2013
So what is your business with DL?

flourishG: keep quiet and stop all this yr nonsenses talk here.just because d devil quote scriptures doesn't mean he know the word.you pple are so half baked n mushroom religious followers not follwing christ.what is yr business with frosb church?is he not a christian?[b]why dont u mind your business in yr own church.
[/b]you this babysitters of religious cult always come on with attitude that we have personal issues when we say the truth against hypocrisy.i know u pple too well.the lord says beware of the leaven of the pharisees which is hypocrisy just like saying beware of dogs.we are saying what the couples did was wrong and the generally laid down standard for everyone and you and some empty head folks are taking side trynna cover one side up.that's nonsense.and did u attend english class at all?did i promised to kill pygru?did u read my comment well?that's how u pple take even bible word out of context n spread false teachings.i said "if" i see a snake n see pygru, i will first kill pygru first b4 kill d snake with da reason dat pygru is more devilish than a snake.go n learn english b4 u debate in public forum like this.da same way u will take bible words of context.and who told u i cant discuss with insult.i insult only those who try to slanderr frosb for saying the truth and try to cover the bent standard of kumuyi son and hypocrisy.dat d reason for d insult and if u wanna talk peacefully,u welcome but dont call what is black white because it involves kumuyi son,i hate that nonsenses.
now u talking.these kids that called themselves couples knows the standards or rules if i may say.why didn't they obey then but hv to disobey n then come out to apologize.i hate when pple say the truth n some trynna call it judgement,there ain't any judgment yet until we get to heaven so say the truth and don't think u judging, you ain't judging no one.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Ivynwa(f): 2:15pm On Jun 30, 2013
lastpage: While we are at this "DOCTRINE/TRADITION MATTER", l will like anyone who has sound "spiritual/Biblical knowledge" (not fanatical please) grin to explain one thing to me:

Why are "MEN" required to remove their CAP, when they enter church?

[b]*How does donning a CAP stops one from worshiping God?

*Is it a sign of respect for God?

*Does the CAP prevent God from answering the men's prayer? (I notice that women wear their own head-gear without problem)

*DOes it conform to modern-day Christianity (I know Christ has "fulfilled" some aspect of the "Moses Doctrine" which Jesus himself once referred to as "given to you because of the hardness of your heart"; e.h 'An eye for an Eye'.)

*I like to wear my CAP from house and leave it on throughout till l come back home but l dont like to offend others in church or make them think maybe l am just arrogant.
If it has no "sound Biblical backing" or if it is just "Tradition of men", l will like to discuss it with a few associates and see how we can enlighten ourselves, to the glory of God.

*But if it is a "spiritual requirement of God", then it has to be respected and obeyed.

What is your take, from a Biblical and spiritual perspective?

What l want:
*someone to point out the Biblical backing to this practice, both in CONTEXT and APPLICATION.

Thanks.
[/b]
Lastpage!

This is how humans with minds of their own should be not accept the laws and rules of men mindlessly.

ademega: Some pastors will preach the word of God , preach their feelings and thoughts of heart as well , and as a Christian, we do fail to draw the line where the word of God ends ,then we start to behave in men's feelings and thought .that is what we have in our churches nowadays . For instance , why must u learn to speak like ur pastor befor u can preach in the church ? Why must u have the same hair style with you pastor before u are qualify to become a pastor too. We must ask ourselves again ,are we now Christ-like (Christians) or our pastor -like ? It is a pity ,this is the situation in most of the churches today.Happy Sunday *zillionaire *

You used almost the same words I used. These people have the lines between the words of God and the words from the feelings and thoughts of the heart of man blurred because of blind hero worshipping that goes on in some Nigerian churches. Shacklement and enslavement to the thoughts of others. It's annoying to see men and women behave like zombies, live and act out the thoughts of others----the next minute they will bring you quotation from the bible to justify their mindlessness perhaps telling us such stuffs that when you are in God, you are lost to the world blah blah.

flourishG: ------ your church is organized in nigeria n not well organized in jamaica?what won't u say to cover unrighteousness you.the law u preach cannot be upheld by yr kumuyi son?i though they say charity begins at home?
Different dress standard is preached in Jamaica, a different one in Nigeria. I am sure that the American branches have their own different dress code because the people there may not be that docile and mindless enough to have others chain and shackle them with the thoughts and feelings of their heart in the name of worshipping God. Why have people dress in such gloomy ways that you almost want to fall sick and gloomy on seeing them. The earth and the fullness thereof was given to us by God, we christians should reflect the glory and beauty of our God not look gloomy and sadiddy. Our God is alive, we are not mourning him.
This couple are being disciplined by their fellow men who considered the limo and nice dressings they used as showing off opulence-----when God asked man to dominate the earth he didn't list out limo, good looking dresses etc as things we are too holy to use. Why are they drawing lists , making their own rules and shackling mindless men and women to these rules?

flourishG: you're d worse hypocrites commenting on this thread.what nonsesnse is that?so you pple preach a different gospel to nigerians and different gospel to the international world?that's ridiculous mehn and that's no gospel of christ in da first place.you should b ashamed of this yr comment.that's y i insult u pple because u never think for yourself,your pastor think for u n y'all just following blindly n religiously.this is d greatest nonsense i ever read here.--------------.

If we go back to the other thread where people were talking against the hypocrisy of this matter, the words of these same people saying that this couple did wrong/acted against the doctrine of the church will be different. Some must have told us some things to justify the couple and defend their church then, here we are now hearing "Come and see-o-o, they have apologised" and most of them now speaking from the other side of their mouth, everything in order to justify this height of mindlessness that goes on in some Nigerian churches. They are lucky that the bride Love is not someone like me who will stick to doing things the way I want it done without following all those mgbeke/archaic rules.

My opinion about this does not change my respect for the church head, other good preachers from the church like the likes of Olaadegbu who knows to feed one the rich food of the spirit through the words of God. I just don't like the other aspect of people not having a mind of their own and living their lives over rules laid down by their fellow human beings.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by thoexynne: 2:22pm On Jun 30, 2013
iv4fb: @sheggun, their dressings were totally bad but only from their doctrines point of view.

If you're a member of a team that agree not to do a certain thing, if you do it, you're as guilty as hell, coz you have 'sinned'

Fya, sin is breaking the law and the law here was their doctrine- let's not hold brief for no one trying to justify anybody's actions

wearing gown/not is never part of the DEEPER CHRISTIAN LIFE MINISTRY doctrine

THIS IS THE 22 DOCTRINE(THE FULL ORBED TRUTH) AS STATED BY THE BIBLE FOLLOWED IN DL
1.HOLY BIBLE
2.THE GOD HEAD
3.THE VIRGIN BIRTH
4.TOTAL DEPRAVITY, SINFULNESS AND GUILT OF ALL MEN SIN, THE FALL
5.THE REPENTANCE
6.THE RESTITUTION
7.THE JUSTIFICATION(OR REGENERATION)
8.THE WATER BAPTISM
9.THE LORD SUPPER
10.THE ENTIRE SANCTIFICATION
11.BAPTISM IN THE HOLY GHOST
12.REDEMPTION
13.PERSONAL EVANGELISM
14.THE MARRIAGE
15. THE RAPTURE
16. THE RESURRECTION
17. THE GREAT TRIBULATION
18. THE SECOND COMING
19. CHRIST MILLENIAL REIGN
20. THE GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGEMENT
21. THE NEW HEAVEN AND NEW EARTH
22. THE HELL FIRE

i guess its more of a rule(spoken/unspoken)

I once heard a guy talked about a monkey modulo, i'm sorry but i can't really go deeply into the story now, but it's about sampling of some monkeys, the basis of this experiment is to explain the concept of UNSPOKEN RULES[/color]

most of you may know what an unspoken rule is about.

Christainity like any other religion(organized religion or not) no matter the denomination is an example of a [color=#990000]CULT
/ a PRISON(you are welcome to criticize me), it is structured in a way such that you are made to abide by the abide by some rules. WHAT AM SAYING IS THAT THEY MAKE YOU ABIDE BY RULES WETHER STATE(church rules) OR FEDERAL LAWS(God's law)

CHRISTIANITY AS AN EXAMPLE
two description are often use for christian 1.SHEEP, 2.SOLDIER OF CHRIST

SHEEP
GOD-------own the flock
JESUS-----the son of the owner & the COO(chief operating officer)
PASTORS----Either chosen or theY chose themselves, they are the "OLUSO AGUNTAN"

if the bible has used another animal other than sheep maybe christianity as @frosbel and @flourish as describe would have suit their description, if christians were sheeps then you know.(ONLY GOATS BREAK RANKS)

JUST BECAUSE THE OWNER OF THE FLOCK SAID THE SHEEP MUST DRINK WATER TO SURVIVE DOESN'T MEAN THAT THE PASTOR WOULDN'T CHOOSE FROM WELL WHICH HE WANTS HIS SHEEP TO DRINK(IT MAY BE HIS OPINION OR PERSONAL REASON)

SOLDIERS

i know i don't really need to highlight some point here cos we all know how a military organization operate
GOD is the institution, JESUS is the commanding officer, PASTORS are the generalS in each camp, and then their are units...
JUST BECAUSE IT IS NOT A SIN TO CHEW GUM DOESN'T MEAN SOME GENERAL WON'T FORBID OR EVEN PUNISH SOLDIER FOR IT IN THEIR CAMP

LIKE THIS MEDIEVAL CATHOLIC QUOTE "TO SIN AGAINST THE CHURCH IS TO SIN AGAINST GOD"
it's funny, right?? oh hell! yeah it is.......sheeps don't question, good soldiers don't break ranks

frosbel:

Breaking the LAW of a MAN Made denomination is not breaking the LAW of GOD.

They did not SIN , period !

smiley

frosbel:

Breaking the LAW of a MAN Made denomination is not breaking the LAW of GOD.

They did not SIN , period !

smiley

@frosbel and @flourish what possible solution would you offer for an institution that is programmed that way??

1. would you be rebellious, then go an form your own(which is y we have so many churches) and also you become another commander
2 OR choose not to attend any church, cos if you are there you must abide, and if you acn't i don't know y you are there

BECAUSE NO MATTER HOW SMALL THE GROUP IS, EACH MEMBER WILL LOOSE PART OF HIM/HERSELF TO IT

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by teetee123: 2:23pm On Jun 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by teetee123: 2:28pm On Jun 30, 2013
seunlayi: I opened this thread without stating the source or any details hoping to come back after the message to update it but to my surprise, the story was on the frontpage with more than 2,000 views With the moderator not minding if it was a rumour or not. I never knew Nairaland has gone to this extent of pushing yet to be confirm news to the frontpage or maybe the Mod has also got a hint about it. well, that was how it actually went today with miracles following

@ seunlayi
Are you so surprised that your uncomfirmed post is already on front page?
Come to think of it, were you not in a special meeting at the DL church and you had the time
to send the news to a social medium. What yo do expect from NL, praise of DL?

You are one of the defenders of DL and this includes myself in previous threads and the comments on
internet should have informed you that there is no love lost between DL and social media commentators including NL.
NL is a business venture looking for high traffic flow and what a better way to get this if not religious or tribal
bashing or on every news about Tonto Dike and Don Jazzy versus Dbanj.NL knows that many Nigerians
are extremely sentimental when it comes to tribe or religion and they use this make their own dole. My understanding is that the issue is a DL family affair and you dont broadcast such and be complaining about it later.
What have you achieved with the post? 1st to post or 1st to comment? At times we open our organisations to ridicule
by our immature behaviour.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Ivynwa(f): 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2013
thoexynne:
--------

I once heard a guy talked about a monkey modulo, i'm sorry but i can't really go deeply into the story now, but it's about sampling of some monkeys, the basis of this experiment is to explain the concept of UNSPOKEN RULES[/color]

ost of you may know what an unspoken rule is about.
Christainity like any other religion(organized religion or not) no matter the denomination is an example of a [color=#990000]CULT
/ a PRISON(you are welcome to criticize me), it is structured in a way such that you are made to abide by the abide by some rules. WHAT AM SAYING IS THAT THEY MAKE YOU ABIDE BY RULES WETHER STATE(church rules) OR FEDERAL LAWS(God's law)

----------

LIKE THIS MEDIEVAL CATHOLIC QUOTE "TO SIN AGAINST THE CHURCH IS TO SIN AGAINST GOD"
it's funny, right?? oh hell! yeah it is.......sheeps don't question, good soldiers don't break ranks

@frosbel and @flourish what possible solution would you offer for an institution that is programmed that way??

1. would you be rebellious, then go an form your own(which is y we have so many churches) and also you become another commander[b]
2 OR choose not to attend any church, cos if you are there you must abide, and if you acn't i don't know y you are there

BECAUSE NO MATTER HOW SMALL THE GROUP IS, EACH MEMBER WILL LOOSE PART OF HIM/HERSELF TO IT [/b]

I worship with Lord's Chosen Ministry sometimes, they have all these "dress like this and that and archaic looking wedding dresses, no ear rings" and I don't abide by that. I dress up nicely and go there to take the words of God that are more important to me and I go my way. I don't lose part of myself to it. I refuse to be mindless and that is what we are talking about. The height of mindlessness in churches in our country is alarming. It is spoiling things in families, we see threads and news of fathers rejecting children or brutalizing them because they were told in churches that the child is a witch and all other kinds of nonsense things (malice, finger pointing and accusations) in the families people are made to do because a pastor said so.
The followers of Reverend king were so mindless as to be bowing down, prostrating before him, believing every trash he feeds them to the point that they watched him set them on fire!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by ayuse(m): 2:47pm On Jun 30, 2013
I am amazed at many of the comment I see on this forum. you pple should stop condemning deeper life, the fact that they have one error or the other does not make them cultist. Every work of God in the hand of man has one imperfection or the other and God knows that, because God knows man has imperfection inherent in him, that is why Apostle Paul said we know in part and we see in part. until we get to the other side of eternity man will always add imperfection to God's work that does not make them occultic or unaccepted by God.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Harmvirus(f): 2:54pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ejovwoke: Whats their offence?
help me ask o
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Afoskalex(m): 2:57pm On Jun 30, 2013
frosbel:

discipline for disobeying the traditions of MEN ?

They should leave that church and follow JESUS, deeperlife is a CULT.
you need Jesus before it will be too late.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by thoexynne: 3:01pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ivynwa:

I go to Lord's chosen sometimes, they have all these "dress like this and that and archaic looking wedding dresses, no ear rings" and I don't abide by that. I dress up nicely and go there to take the words of God that are more important to me and I go my way. I don't lose part of myself to it. I refuse to be mindless and that is what we are talking about. The height of mindlessness in churches in our country is alarming. It is spoiling things in families, we see threads and news of fathers rejecting children or brutalizing them because they was told in church that the child is a witch and all other kinds of nonsense things (malice, finger pointing and accusations) in the families people are made to do because a pastor said so.
The followers of Reverend king were so mindless as to be bowing down, prostrating before him, believing every trash he feeds them to the point that they watched him set them on fire!

I think i like this, i'm not gonna ask you which church you attend.
Trust me that's not going to help anybody,if christainity as most people profess were to be only true religion, i wonder which one is the true religion inside christianity itself,
RELIGION ITSELF IS a belief and worship by some group of people
from this definition you could name thousands of religion in christianity.

NOW SOMEONE HERE MAY SUGGEST ONLY ONE CHURCH BUT I'M SURE THEY HAVE TRIED THAT BEFORE WITH THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IT DIDN'T WORK
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Afoskalex(m): 3:01pm On Jun 30, 2013
frosbel:

Yes bro, I am here to preach deliverance to the captives of the cults of MEN.

smiley
When you yourself need deliverance from satan's deception.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by sheunpompey1: 3:12pm On Jun 30, 2013
My simple piece of advice is: Learn from what has happen and re-shape your own lifestyle>>> The kingdom of God is at hand[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by dexxolydian: 3:20pm On Jun 30, 2013
Make una go baf 4 transforma!!!! Wetyn u do wen una dey okpologise rubbish!!!!!!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 30, 2013
Afoskalex:
you need Jesus before it will be too late.

I certainly need Jesus and not a MAN led church.

smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by HARDDON: 3:30pm On Jun 30, 2013
frosbel: they had NOTHING to apologise for.

Stop this pandering to MEN and their tradition which has nothing to do with Christ.

the wedding was done right in the church.... you have no idea the controversies it has been generating....

im very much sure, so many aggrieved have left the church. so many wud be grumbling.

the singles are sure having a field day cos they wud push the bounds when their time comes.

church authority is undermined and bliv me, the centre can no longer hold.

point of correction OP, it is the church that tendered the apology not the couple.

heard she dribble the marriage committee when asked to come submit her wedding gown for inspection.

must have been a huge surprise on all faces that day.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jun 30, 2013
HARDDON:

the wedding was done right in the church.... you have no idea the controversies it has been generating....

im very much sure, so many aggrieved have left the church. so many wud be grumbling.

the singles are sure having a field day cos they wud push the bounds when their time comes.

point of correction OP, it is the church that tendered the apology not the couple.

heard she dribble the marriage committee when asked to come submit her wedding gown for inspection.

Can I ask you a question :

Since when did GOD call us to form marriage committees to act as SSS ( state security service ) , asking couples why they want to marry, if they saw a vision or dream, etc etc. ?

The bible says he who finds a wife finds a good thing, it is not the responsibility of a pastor to choose my wife for me, he can advice and give me some caution , but that is where it ends.

This girl and her husband dressed well, if the church does not like it, they should stop acting like hypocrites and accept the truth , which is that there is nothing wrong with modest dressing as far as it does not entice other brethren.

We are also called to follow JESUS who is the head of the church not deeperlife church , but the living church of GOD which is in the midst of his people.

I respect Kumuyi a lot , but his followers have turned him into an idol and almost worship him, which means it is very easy for them to backslide if he makes one small mistake, and guess what , the blame will not be on Kumuyi , but his followers who rather than follow and trust Christ the rock, decided to trust MAN. He himself has warned against following him as a Pope, alas they will not listen.

Remember what GOD SAID :

"This is what the LORD says: "Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans, who rely on human strength and turn their hearts away from the LORD." - Jeremiah 17:5

We are to honour and respect our pastors but never ever to allow them dictate anything that is outside the word of GOD.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:44pm On Jun 30, 2013
thoexynne:

wearing gown/not is never part of the DEEPER CHRISTIAN LIFE MINISTRY doctrine

THIS IS THE 22 DOCTRINE(THE FULL ORBED TRUTH) AS STATED BY THE BIBLE FOLLOWED IN DL
1.HOLY BIBLE
2.THE GOD HEAD
3.THE VIRGIN BIRTH
4.TOTAL DEPRAVITY, SINFULNESS AND GUILT OF ALL MEN SIN, THE FALL
5.THE REPENTANCE
6.THE RESTITUTION
7.THE JUSTIFICATION(OR REGENERATION)
8.THE WATER BAPTISM
9.THE LORD SUPPER
10.THE ENTIRE SANCTIFICATION
11.BAPTISM IN THE HOLY GHOST
12.REDEMPTION
13.PERSONAL EVANGELISM
14.THE MARRIAGE
15. THE RAPTURE
16. THE RESURRECTION
17. THE GREAT TRIBULATION
18. THE SECOND COMING
19. CHRIST MILLENIAL REIGN
20. THE GREAT WHITE THRONE JUDGEMENT
21. THE NEW HEAVEN AND NEW EARTH
22. THE HELL FIRE

most of you may know what an unspoken rule is about.

CHRISTIANITY AS AN EXAMPLE
two description are often use for christian 1.SHEEP, 2.SOLDIER OF CHRIST

SHEEP
GOD-------own the flock
JESUS-----the son of the owner & the COO(chief operating officer)
PASTORS----Either chosen or theY chose themselves, they are the "OLUSO AGUNTAN"

if the bible has used another animal other than sheep maybe christianity as @frosbel and @flourish as describe would have suit their description, if christians were sheeps then you know.(ONLY GOATS BREAK RANKS)

JUST BECAUSE THE OWNER OF THE FLOCK SAID THE SHEEP MUST DRINK WATER TO SURVIVE DOESN'T MEAN THAT THE PASTOR WOULDN'T CHOOSE FROM WELL WHICH HE WANTS HIS SHEEP TO DRINK(IT MAY BE HIS OPINION OR PERSONAL REASON)

SOLDIERS

i know i don't really need to highlight some point here cos we all know how a military organization operate
GOD is the institution, JESUS is the commanding officer, PASTORS are the generalS in each camp, and then their are units...
JUST BECAUSE IT IS NOT A SIN TO CHEW GUM DOESN'T MEAN SOME GENERAL WON'T FORBID OR EVEN PUNISH SOLDIER FOR IT IN THEIR CAMP

1. would you be rebellious, then go an form your own(which is y we have so many churches) and also you become another commander

BECAUSE NO MATTER HOW SMALL THE GROUP IS, EACH MEMBER WILL LOOSE PART OF HIM/HERSELF TO IT

This is what frosbel will suggest because that is what he did. He is here attempting to discourage fellowship because he's not a fellow sheep.

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 30, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

This is what frosbel will suggest because that is what he did. He is here attempting to discourage fellowship because he's not a fellow sheep.

Wrong my deeperlife friend, I fellowship and encourage fellowship, but there is a difference between fellowship in a healthy environment where brethren are allowed to ask questions, debate scripture and doctrine, test all things and hold onto that which is good and an unhealthy environment where there is unquestionable loyalty to the leader of a denomination like yours , because he is infallible , cannot err and therefore cannot be questioned or called out on any church doctrine, this is not the pattern Christ set out for us.

I refuse to allow you deceive others and bring them under the bondage of legalism in your church.

smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:00pm On Jun 30, 2013
frosbel:

Wrong my deeperlife friend, I fellowship and encourage fellowship, but there is a difference between fellowship in a healthy environment where brethren are allowed to ask questions, debate scripture and doctrine, test all things and hold onto that which is good and an unhealthy environment where there is unquestionable loyalty to the leader of a denomination like yours , because he is infallible , cannot err and therefore cannot be questioned or called out on any church doctrine, this is not the pattern Christ set out for us.

I refuse to allow you deceive others and bring them under the bondage of legalism in your church.

smiley

My anti-deeperlife friend, tell us where you fellowship for us to see whether you are a fellow sheep and not a wolf in sheep's clothing. cool
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by seunlayi(m): 4:01pm On Jun 30, 2013
teetee123:

@ seunlayi
Are you so surprised that your uncomfirmed post is already on front page?
Come to think of it, were you not in a special meeting at the DL church and you had the time
to send the news to a social medium. What yo do expect from NL, praise of DL?

You are one of the defenders of DL and this includes myself in previous threads and the comments on
internet should have informed you that there is no love lost between DL and social media commentators including NL.
NL is a business venture looking for high traffic flow and what a better way to get this if not religious or tribal
bashing or on every news about Tonto Dike and Don Jazzy versus Dbanj.NL knows that many Nigerians
are extremely sentimental when it comes to tribe or religion and they use this make their own dole. My understanding is that the issue is a DL family affair and you dont broadcast such and be complaining about it later.
What have you achieved with the post? 1st to post or 1st to comment? At times we open our organisations to ridicule
by our immature behaviour.
thanks so much, even the heading of the thread was modified from john and love to pastor Kumuyi just to bring the name of the GS to attract people to the thread. All the same let them say afterall when they are busy posting comments we are busy receiving our blessing, miracle etc. I really appreciate you.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by jlounge: 4:03pm On Jun 30, 2013
Lets be careful not to misinform. The writers and the contents of the apology letter were not ambiguous. Its for those who have chosen to identify with DL as a family inspite of abundant options. More of God's blessings on the new home

HARDDON:

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (24) (Reply)

Dead Body Of Eunice Mojisola Olawale Killed In Abuja While Preaching. / Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere Converts 36 Prostitutes, Buys Them House With Business / Pastor Ayilara Oluwaseunfunmi: RCBC, RCCG Pastor School, A Demonic Institution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.