Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,998 members, 7,909,703 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 11:12 AM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest (86751 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jun 30, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

My anti-deeperlife friend, tell us where you fellowship for us to see whether you are a fellow sheep and not a wolf in sheep's clothing. cool

I owe you nothing but Love in Christ, where I fellowship aint your business.

smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by jlounge: 4:09pm On Jun 30, 2013
And just how has he tried to bring others under bondage?

frosbel:

Wrong my deeperlife friend, I fellowship and encourage fellowship, but there is a difference between fellowship in a healthy environment where brethren are allowed to ask questions, debate scripture and doctrine, test all things and hold onto that which is good and an unhealthy environment where there is unquestionable loyalty to the leader of a denomination like yours , because he is infallible , cannot err and therefore cannot be questioned or called out on any church doctrine, this is not the pattern Christ set out for us.

I refuse to allow you deceive others and bring them under the bondage of legalism in your church.

smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 30, 2013
jlounge: And just how has he tried to bring others under bondage?

false visions of hell and heaven, imposing a deeperlife standard of dress and gospel etc.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by jlounge: 4:15pm On Jun 30, 2013
"Imposing?" Where was this? On this forum?

frosbel:

false visions of hell and heaven, imposing a deeperlife standard of dress and gospel etc.

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by shdemidemi(m): 4:15pm On Jun 30, 2013
jlounge: And just how has he tried to bring others under bondage?

The same way the Jewish sect tried to in galatians 2

4 [My precaution was] because of false brethren who had been secretly smuggled in [to the Christian brotherhood]; they had slipped in to spy on our liberty and the freedom which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might again bring us into bondage [under the Law of Moses].
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 30, 2013
jlounge: "Imposing?" Where was this? On this forum?

are you a JJC to this forum ?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by flourishG(m): 4:24pm On Jun 30, 2013
Frosbel n shhedemide, great works u guys doing.tearing down these legalistic teachers of Judaism.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by jlounge: 4:25pm On Jun 30, 2013
False Brethren. The law of Moses that formed the canon before grace and truth came by Christ and calvary. Whats the correlation to the question at hand?

shdemidemi:
The same way the Jewish sect tried to in galatians 2

4 [My precaution was] because of false brethren who had been secretly smuggled in [to the Christian brotherhood]; they had slipped in to spy on our liberty and the freedom which we have in Christ Jesus, that they might again bring us into bondage [under the Law of Moses].

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by HARDDON: 4:26pm On Jun 30, 2013
frosbel:

Can I ask you a question :

Since when did GOD call us to form marriage committees to act as SSS ( state security service ) , asking couples why they want to marry, if they saw a vision or dream, etc etc. ?

The bible says he who finds a wife finds a good thing, it is not the responsibility of a pastor to choose my wife for me, he can advice and give me some caution , but that is where it ends.

This girl and her husband dressed well, if the church does not like it, they should stop acting like hypocrites and accept the truth , which is that there is nothing wrong with modest dressing as far as it does not entice other brethren.

We are also called to follow JESUS who is the head of the church not deeperlife church , but the living church of GOD which is in the midst of his people.

I respect Kumuyi a lot , but his followers have turned him into an idol and almost worship him, which means it is very easy for them to backslide if he makes one small mistake, and guess what , the blame will not be on Kumuyi , but his followers who rather than follow and trust Christ the rock, decided to trust MAN. He himself has warned against following him as a Pope, alas they will not listen.

Remember what GOD SAID :

"This is what the LORD says: "Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans, who rely on human strength and turn their hearts away from the LORD." - Jeremiah 17:5

We are to honour and respect our pastors but never ever to allow them dictate anything that is outside the word of GOD.

take a breather gee

i'v never been in concordance with alot of their ways....

marriage inclusive
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by jlounge: 4:27pm On Jun 30, 2013
Is that your answer?

frosbel:

are you a JJC to this forum ?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:28pm On Jun 30, 2013
frosbel:

smiley

But it is your business to stop the sheep from fellowshiping, no?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 30, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

nope, you must have mistakened me for another person.

If people leave your church it will be due to hypocrisy.

smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by jlounge: 4:33pm On Jun 30, 2013
So how does DL now become your business?

frosbel:

smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by smudge2079(m): 4:34pm On Jun 30, 2013
hmmmm...just like before,napoleon is always right,ALL animals are equal but some are more equall than d other sharp boy. He did it and then apologized? what d Bleep? i dont need your apology dude,u didnt offend me, d church shd b d one apologizin to all dey av made to leave d church under d guise of implementing doctrine dat is not even in d bible. I was born and raised in d church, i think it is time for us to embrace modernization... check ur bibles and tell me where u see
1. THOU SHALL NOT WEAR A WEDDIN GOWN
2. THOU SHALL NOT MAKE UP
3. THOU SHALL NOT WATCH TV(D church used to discipline people for possessin one but latter allow it)
4. THOU SHALL NOT USE BODY SPRAY (BUT dey USE air fresheners in their cars and livin rooms
5. THOU SHALL NOT MARRY FROM OTHER CHURCHES( And we say we are all christians. the list is endless

am so angry right now. APOLOGY MY FOOT

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by flourishG(m): 4:35pm On Jun 30, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

yes,he can stop d brethren from fellowshiping in wrong place where legalism is upheld n where the spirit of God dwells.the lord is dat spirit n where the spirit of the lord is, there's liberty not legalism n bondage.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 30, 2013
jlounge: So how does DL now become your business?

it becomes my business as a former member when you try to laden the sheep with man made doctrines and burden them with guilt for not obeying these same man made laws.

In other words you are misleading people by making them put their hope in a man and denomination instead of Christ and his word.

smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by flourishG(m): 4:37pm On Jun 30, 2013

it's his business cos dl teaches anti cross n double standard messages, one message for Nigerians n another gospel for western world.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by HARDDON: 4:40pm On Jun 30, 2013
jlounge: Lets be careful not to misinform. The writers and the contents of the apology letter were not ambiguous. Its for those who have chosen to identify with DL as a family inspite of abundant options. More of God's blessings on the new home

in English?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by jlounge: 4:48pm On Jun 30, 2013
Former member. You used the door which everyone else can. So how is it still your business? Not trying to impose your feelings for leaving on those left? People are not tied down by chains. They can arrive at their own conclusions. Its still an individual race. You're not the only one that has access to a Bible. And shouldn't you be preoccupied with wherever you are now?

frosbel:

it becomes my business as a former member when you try to laden the sheep with man made doctrines and burden them with guilt for not obeying these same man made laws.

In other words you are misleading people by making them put their hope in a man and denomination instead of Christ and his word.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by shdemidemi(m): 4:51pm On Jun 30, 2013
flourishG: yes,he can stop d brethren from fellowshiping in wrong place where legalism is upheld n where the spirit of God dwells.the lord is dat spirit n where the spirit of the lord is, there's liberty not legalism n bondage.

Thank you
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 30, 2013
jlounge: Former member. You used the door which everyone else can. So how is it still your business? Not trying to impose your feelings for leaving on those left? People are not tied down by chains. They can arrive at their own conclusions. Its still an individual race. You're not the only one that has access to a Bible. And shouldn't you be preoccupied with wherever you are now?

are we not called exhort the brethren, or is deeperlife not part of the wider church ?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Afoskalex(m): 4:52pm On Jun 30, 2013
frosbel: Bottom line is we should look unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith, we are not to look to MEN who are fallible.

We are told to preach the gospel not dress or any other thing, if we have the Spirit of Christ he will surely lead us into all moderation out of a loving, kind and gentle heart, not through the rules and regulations of MEN which comes from a stony hard heart.

If you begin to align yourself to the teachings of MEN , you may come to the point where you think you are more holy and better than other believers, which is my experience with deerperlife.

Of course we need teachers , but the sheep must always resort to the word of GOD to test ALL these teachings , and GOD's word must have the last say not the pastors.

Remember if you stand on the word of God , you may be kicked out of your churches for holding on to the truth, it was the religious who persecuted JESUS and killed him not the sinners.

"For you will be expelled from the synagogues, and the time is coming when those who kill you will think they are doing a holy service for God" - John 16:2
Is like you have a grudge against DL.It seems as if you were excommunicated from DL.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by jlounge: 4:52pm On Jun 30, 2013
Should that be his business when he is not a DL member?

flourishG: it's his business cos dl teaches anti cross n double standard messages, one message for Nigerians n another gospel for western world.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Mintayo(m): 4:53pm On Jun 30, 2013
frosbel:

smiley
there is no love@ all in all u v been saying...christ will nt call ppl names as u v been doing...can u tell us d fellowship u attend? I really want to knw!
I wnt b surprised if u v none due to ur pride,arrogance,self-righteousness and unsubmissive nature!
It is ppl like u dt end up like d founder of 'church of mommon' and Jehovah witnesses who saw all the churches then as a 'cult'!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by shdemidemi(m): 4:54pm On Jun 30, 2013
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 30, 2013
Afoskalex:
Is like you have a grudge against DL.It seems as if you were excommunicated from DL.

grin , lol.

excommunicated ?

Nope, I left on my own volition, it was becoming quite painful practising religion instead of following Christ , besides when I started to challenge some doctrines, I was told they were 100% bible doctrines and thus infallible.

No church is 100% infallible , Jesus is the way the truth and the life, we should stop imposing burdens on God's children and treating them like they are our personal property. God's people do not belong to a MAN of GOD but to GOD and he is only allowed to operate within the limits of authority given to him by GOD.

I repeat, God's sheep do not belong to a MOG , so stop treating them and their money as if you own them and can do whatever you want.

smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by HARDDON: 4:55pm On Jun 30, 2013

j leave sentiments.... call a spade a spade.

there are alot of pastors who broke out of your ministry and formed theirs and are doing very well today.

God is not after the hypocritical looks( just like the pharisees in time past); he is after the heart. for out of it are the issues of life. chastity has nothing to do with carrying smelly hairs bounded by robes. it is not about not making up and not wearing gold.... it is not!

It is not about those poverty mentality. you mock God by appearing thus.

If you wano go to heaven like Lazarus, it is your sole choice.

why Wud one be born again and be poor? why serve God if there lies no benefits? no greater life?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 30, 2013
Mintayo:
there is no love@ all in all u v been saying...christ will nt call ppl names as u v been doing...can u tell us d fellowship u attend? I really want to knw!
I wnt b surprised if u v none due to ur pride,arrogance,self-righteousness and unsubmissive nature!
It is ppl like u dt end up like d founder of 'church of mommon' and Jehovah witnesses who saw all the churches then as a 'cult'!

I have not abused, insulted or used profane words against anyone, I simply spoke the truth and you hate me for it ?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by jlounge: 4:59pm On Jun 30, 2013
And you call what you are doing "exhortation"? As a former member, why not focus on where you are now?

frosbel:

are we not called exhort the brethren, or is deeperlife not part of the wider church ?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by shdemidemi(m): 5:01pm On Jun 30, 2013
Acts 15:10

"Now therefore (since Gentiles are not under the Law of Moses) why tempt (or test) ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, (or believers) which neither our fathers nor we (jews) were able to bear?"
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 30, 2013
jlounge: And you call what you are doing "exhortation"? As a former member, why not focus on where you are now?

I don't believe in sweeping dirt under the carpet.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi: Acts 15:10

"Now therefore (since Gentiles are not under the Law of Moses) why tempt (or test) ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, (or believers) which neither our fathers nor we (jews) were able to bear?"

ask them for me again ooo .

smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (24) (Reply)

Dead Body Of Eunice Mojisola Olawale Killed In Abuja While Preaching. / Pastor Ayilara Oluwaseunfunmi: RCBC, RCCG Pastor School, A Demonic Institution / Apostle Chibuzor Chinyere Converts 36 Prostitutes, Buys Them House With Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.