Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,713 members, 7,918,193 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 03:31 AM

My Complicated Love Story - Literature (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Complicated Love Story (271088 Views)

Love Story Of A Unilag Babe And Bus Conductor / A UNILAG Babe's Twitter Love Story / My Complicated Love Story With My School Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (66) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Complicated Love Story by omartins(m): 11:14am On Aug 04, 2013
How will I quatify and qualify you as a writer? I spent more than 15hrs to read this yet-to-published novel. Indeed you are a suspence writer, I commend your choice of words. KUDOS.
Re: My Complicated Love Story by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 04, 2013
D.Ella.luv:
Nyc 1
........18yrs na ur 'football age' abi na ur real age den
Took d words ryt outta my mouth
Christar Mind blowing as usual
Kweshun 4 u;Are u by any chance related 2 Mazi?
Re: My Complicated Love Story by chistar01(m): 12:40pm On Aug 04, 2013
Wow, something touched me yesterday and I decided to go to church today and inorder to achieve that I had to go to bed early, I'm just coming back from church only to see a page full of comments, to be frank am really excited at the moment and feeling so special due to you all comments. Unfortunately I can't reply them all because it might take up to an hour and I'm sure you are would prefer I use that hour to type instead. But just know you all comments and views are highly appreciated

So I'm going to attend to most consistent question. 'how old is micheal?' well, am old enough grin, 'Age! They say, is just a number afterall', I would explain better in my next update which as soon as I send this reply, I would go and start typing.

So on that note, happy Sunday to you all and hope you all went to church oh. Keep the comments coming.

@mz spaqs, ermm, dunno what to say sad.

@vickii , mazi ke? no am not o.

Thanks,
-Chistar01.
Re: My Complicated Love Story by Jayeola51: 1:23pm On Aug 04, 2013
Wow,,,,,jst gettin back frm church nd readin ur pics,,,urs is a trillin story,,,kip it up
Re: My Complicated Love Story by christygenius(f): 1:53pm On Aug 04, 2013
chistar01: Wow, something touched me yesterday and I decided to go to church today and inorder to achieve that I had to go to bed early, I'm just coming back from church only to see a page full of comments, to be frank am really excited at the moment and feeling so special due to you all comments. Unfortunately I can't reply them all because it might take up to an hour and I'm sure you are would prefer I use that hour to type instead. But just know you all comments and views are highly appreciated

So I'm going to attend to most consistent question. 'how old is micheal?' well, am old enough grin, 'Age! They say, is just a number afterall', I would explain better in my next update which as soon as I send this reply, I would go and start typing.

So on that note, happy Sunday to you all and hope you all went to church oh. Keep the comments coming.

@mz spaqs, ermm, dunno what to say sad.

@vickii , mazi ke? no am not o.

Thanks,
-Chistar01.

I've been a silent reader since d day dis story commenced, and it wont b a gud thing on my part not to commend u Chistar for ur superb writting skills & choice of words. i must say dt ure a talent & a destiny waiting to explode. May d God's extra ordinary wisdom never depart frm u.

Yes...... I went to church too. Happy sunday to u too.
Am still following...... But try & make my day worthwhile by updating ok.
Re: My Complicated Love Story by chistar01(m): 2:22pm On Aug 04, 2013
**Continuation**

In most countries in the world, turning 18 is really a big deal, because it signifies the transition from being a mere teenager to a matured one which in other words can be termed 'Adulthood'.

What makes the '18 years' issue more special is the fact that the person officially earn the legal right to vote and be voted for, apply for a drivers licence and most significantly purchase and consume alcohol.

But here in my beloved country, Nigeria, it isn't quite the case, as a matter of fact, its far from the case.

In Nigeria the things that are meant to make it special are not significant anymore, take for instance, voting? We all know there are two political parties in Nigerian, namely PDP and 'others' and ironically, PDP always wins so why bother voting? Also the alcohol issue, I recall stealing bottles of beer from the fridge at home and going to the backyard to drink it at the age of 14!. So with all this facts, the 18th birthday of an average Nigerian isn't such a big deal, but thanks to friends and love ones mine was so much of a big deal.

I loved the surprise party and how special they made me feel, but what I couldnt quite get was why they made me run round the whole Port-harcourt in search of 50k;
'Was it really that necessary? Or wasn't that alittle bit extreme?' were questions that ran through my mind as I retired to my bed very early in the morning after the party.

'Find light in the beautiful sea
I choose to be happy
You and I, you and I
We’re like diamonds in the sky
You’re a shooting star I see
A vision of...' were the lyrics of Rihanna's diamonds track that woke me up the next morning around 11:30am.

I reluctantly opened my eyes only to see Sandra by my side playing the song from her phone, it was quite shocking because I couldn't remember going home with Sandra, or maybe I was drunk and didn't notice.

We both had our cloths on so we probably did nothing, or so I thought.

'oh! The birthday boy is up' she said on noticing I had woken up.

I just replied with a smile.

'So hope you slept well?' she continued.

'Yea, I did. Ermm, I can't really recall what happened last night tho, did we..?' I wanted to ask if we had sÈx or anything like that, but;

'Oh! No no oh!, nothing serious happened, although we cuddled alittle' she interrupted.

'Hmm, funny to think I can't recall, you guys sure knocked me out yesternight' I replied.

'we sure did' she paused to smile at me then said; 'me show you something'

She stopped the Rihanna song that was on repeat and switched to her videos and played one. In the video I saw a guy who looked exactly like me running round the club and tapping all the girls ässes, I busted out in laughter but I couldn't recall when that happened so didn't know who exactly it was.

'who is that drunk pervert?' I asked.

'who do you think it is, look at the outfit clearly' She replied, obviously trying to hold back the laughter that was piling up.

I looked at the top the guy wore and it looked exactly like one of my 'Hackett' polo, or wait a minute? It didn't just look like, it was it, I looked at the polo I had on and it was exactly it! I was the 'drunk pervert' in the video.

'wow, I did that?' I asked

Sandra could not hold back the laughter anymore so she bursted out loud and I joined her in laughing at my stupidity.

'Wetin be that one na?! so because una don wake up now, nobody suppose sleep again for this house?' Tayo who had slept on the floor blurted out as our laughter had disturbed his sleep.

'Tah! Sharrap there! Do we look like your mate? For your info am now 18!!! Durrr' I replied trying to tease him.

He just ignored me, grabbed his pillow and left the room for us. I assumed he was going to continue the sleep somewhere else, whocares anyway?

When he was gone, I realised Urch wasn't in the room neither, just I and Sandra, so I assumed it was the right time to ask the questions that had been bothering me.

'can I ask you some questions?' I started.

'Yea, sure. Anything' she replied.

'Ok, why did you guys make me run round PH in search of a money that wasn't needed, wasn't that just unfair on my part? You got me worried, i even thought I was going to loose you'

'Oh; I'm sorry about that. It was actually Tayo's idea, all I wanted was a small surprise party held here in you house but Tayo had other plans. He convinced Urch to come to school yesterday and ganged up with Amaka to pull this off'

'Hmm, you still haven't answered my question, I asked why, not who had the idea?' I replied not really satisfied with her reply.

'Oh, he said he wanted to show everyone that you can go to extreme miles for the ones you care for' she replied with a shy smile, knowing fully well that I would have given an arm for her if asked to.

'hmm' was all I could say.

'Is that the only question you wanted to ask?'

'Nope, have you spoken with chidinma?'

'oh!, her? Ermm... Yes' she replied in a weird way.

'why do you sound this way?' I asked.
Re: My Complicated Love Story by chistar01(m): 2:22pm On Aug 04, 2013
'nothing' she replied coldly.

'don't you like her? Or what's wrong?' I asked still not getting what was wrong wit Chidinma.

'Its not that, the thing is she is too nice for you' she replied.

'To nice for me? What do you mean?' I asked totallay perplexed.

'hmm, am you best friend and I know you'

'Hmm, I'm lost here oh, what do you mean by she is too nice for me?' I asked seriously confused.

'Micheal, I know you won't admit it but lets face fact, you are a player! And after hanging out with Chidinma all through yesterday in preparation for your birthday party, I realised she is a nice girl. Do you know she and urch both collectively dropped over 120k just to book a night at the Dazey club and even all its lodges and rooms?'

'Wow' was all I could say.

'..urch dropped a larger part of the money and it understandable since you have known and lived with him for over a year and besides, Urch is from a super rich family, you know his dad has some oil wells in PH self. But Chidinma doesn't strike me as someone from a super rich family, maybe just rich but not super, she even...'

I couldn't handle the comparism anymore so I had to interrupt;

'wait wait wait! I get your point, I haven't always been a faithful boyfriend to any girl I date but Chidinma has changed me even though we aren't even dating'

'hmm, Micheal, change isn't that easy, it takes time'

'yes I know! That's why I haven't made my intentions Clear to Chidinma'

'hmm, we aren't in the 19th century anymore where you have woo a lady and she has to say 'yes' before you guys start dating. Nowadays all it takes is two people to like eachother and have just one kiss. The girl likes you, and you obviously like her too but I know you are just lusting for her and finally you said she kissed you, so whatelse are you looking for?'

'ermm.. Err..ermm, this case is different' I stuttered.

'hmm, Micheal, I'm a lady and I know how we girls are. I know you would hurt the innocent girl and I don't want that to happen' Sandra replied with a sad look.

'hmm, Sandra, you have got to trust me, this time is truly different, I can swear to it'

'hmm, What am saying is...'

My phone suddenly rang therefore interrupting Sandra, and talking about the devil! It was Chidinma who was calling me.

I gave Sandra a funny look and silenced the phone while grinning widely at her.

'Is that Chidinma calling?' she asked.

'hmm, nawa oh, how you take know?' I pondered.

'Yes, she is the one' I replied trying to avoid eye contact.

'pick it Nat, but put it on loud speaker oh' she replied smiling strangely.

I wondered why Sandra cared so much about Chidinma who she met barely 24 hours ago, I could sense something fishy but what could my best friend possibly do to me?, I pondered.

I obeyed and picked the call, switching on the loud speaker.

'Hey boo!' Chidinma said once she noticed I had picked up.

'boo? Hmm, maybe Sandra was right oh, perhaps I am dating Chidinma already and I dont even know' I thought.

'Hey! You there?' she asked again.

'yea babe' I replied purposely emphasizing on the 'babe'

'how you doing, hope I didn't wake you up from your sleep?'

'na, not all, how are you doing anyway?' I asked.

'I'm cool, ermm.. Are you alone over there?' Chidinma asked.

I looked at Sandra and she signalled me to say 'yes'.

'why you asking?' I asked.

'just answer me first jhur, you like asking too much questions.'

I paused to ponder if I should say yes or no, but came to the conclusion that Sandra is more that a friend to me and nothing should be hidden from her, or so I thought.

'yes, am all alone over here, now what's the problem?' I replied and then focused all my attention at the phone speakers.

There was a brief silence as if Chidinma was thinking before she replied.

'Ok good, because I want ask you some personal questions'.

'questions like?' I asked with rapt attention.

'ok, firstly, who exactly is Sandra to you?'

TO BE CONTINUED
Re: My Complicated Love Story by Lauriemaxy: 2:55pm On Aug 04, 2013
Hmmmm....mikky d PERV, hp u got born again in church 2day
Re: My Complicated Love Story by MizSammy(f): 3:03pm On Aug 04, 2013
Madawaki01: In fact,seun shud pay chistar a lil * 4 attractin members...#still waitin
I concur
Chistar was it 19 or 18th bday i jst read *wel boys must be boys*
Re: My Complicated Love Story by Emperortj93(m): 3:04pm On Aug 04, 2013
Waitin gallantly
Re: My Complicated Love Story by chistar01(m): 3:15pm On Aug 04, 2013
Lauriemaxy: Hmmmm....mikky d PERV, hp u got born again in church 2day
lol, ermm, maybe, maybe not grin.
Re: My Complicated Love Story by Olamilekan08(m): 3:15pm On Aug 04, 2013
Ghe ge ghe gheuuuunnnn!
Re: My Complicated Love Story by chistar01(m): 3:17pm On Aug 04, 2013
Miz_Sammy: I concur
Chistar was it 19 or 18th bday i jst read *wel boys must be boys*
lol, what exactly do you mean?
Re: My Complicated Love Story by MizSammy(f): 3:40pm On Aug 04, 2013
grin
chistar01: lol, what exactly do you mean?
lolz Jst saying u're a very active male
Re: My Complicated Love Story by Hoyeenz(f): 4:11pm On Aug 04, 2013
chistar01: lol, ermm, maybe, maybe not grin.
Which one is maybe, maybe not? Answer the question joor! Kudos to you newaz. Sharply tell Chidinma who Sandra is.
Re: My Complicated Love Story by BabieGhagha(f): 4:12pm On Aug 04, 2013
i op sandra nd chidinma will nt be beefin eachoda afta dis conversation
Re: My Complicated Love Story by Xenonnddice(m): 4:18pm On Aug 04, 2013
Wich kind ending be dat na?#heart thumping fast#
Re: My Complicated Love Story by J0sh007: 4:40pm On Aug 04, 2013
no kill us with suspense jor
[/color][color=#006600]
Re: My Complicated Love Story by Eniqurl(f): 4:56pm On Aug 04, 2013
Arqhh wahz dz 4 now woh u beta kum nd complete dz stry oh cuz i wahn enjoy d conversation.
Re: My Complicated Love Story by Nduking92(m): 5:14pm On Aug 04, 2013
moreeeeee
Re: My Complicated Love Story by Twisterz: 5:15pm On Aug 04, 2013
Chistar, hope u ll agree wif me its just 1 updatecheesy waiting 4 more.........
Re: My Complicated Love Story by UDbester(m): 6:03pm On Aug 04, 2013
Hay chistar, y is it taking u so long to reply chidinma? Oya quick update joor!
Re: My Complicated Love Story by chistar01(m): 6:03pm On Aug 04, 2013
**continuation**

The question took me off balance as it wasn't expected. I looked at Sandra and she looked surprised too.

'Why are you asking?' I replied.

'Are you going to keep on asking why I'm asking each time I ask you a question?' She replied, and I could sense she wasn't pleased.

'hmm, no, its just that your question wasn't expected.'

'hmm, ok. Its just that through out yesterday, she kept on telling me how much you meant to her and vice versa like you guys were more that just friends'. She laid emphasises on 'just friends'

'hmm, that's because we are not just friends na' I replied, and I was sure her heart skipped a bit because she didn't say anything. I guessed she thought that meant I and Sandra were dating.

'We are actually best friends not 'just' ' I replied, and for some strange reasons, Sandra smiled at me.

'oh! I see. Ok. So my second question is' she paused an took a deep breath

'Is what?' I asked getting curious.

'Micheal'

'Yea? Talk na'

'If she is your best friend then who am I to you? A side chick?'

I heard a voice say 'ghen ghen' in my head.

I looked at Sandra hoping she would give me an answer but rather she whispered 'OYO'. OYO means On Your Own.

So I turned on my thinking faculty and pondered on the question via asking myself more questions like;

'Who is Chidinma to me?'

'hmm, she is definitely more than a friend but how 'more' is she?' 'Can she be the 'one' I've been searching for? Do I even love or just lust?' I subconsciously answer all the questions and came up with the perfect answer;

'Chidinma, you are the one I see in my dream when I sleep, you are the one who makes me smile merely by the thoughts of you, you are the one I want to call mine, you are the one I live each day thinking about, you are the one who makes my heart skip a bit whenever I see you...' I paused to let her assimilate the words I said and then I rounded up with;

'Chidinma, you are my one'

It took Chidinma about a minute to get herself together before she replied;

'Why didn't you tell me all this before?'

'I wasn't sure of my feelings until now... Chidinma, am into you'

'Hmm, ok, I've heard, so my third question is ...'

'Wait wait wait!, 'I've heard' is that all you're going to say? Like seriously?' I cut in.

'Calm down young man' she teased. ' I was going to say my third question is when are you going to come to my house and get your reply?'

I nearly screamed out my lungs on hearing this, I knew just exactly what she meant. The thing was I knew she would say yes but didn't expect it so soon, thought she would form like most girls act.

BTW, I still don't get why most girls act strangely at times, I mean, you see a guy you like, and he likes you too. Then he gathers enough courage to walk up to you and tell you how he feels and although the feeling is mutual you either say 'I would think about it' or 'No'. What's there to think about? You like the guy and the guy likes you, what else do you want?!. I personally have had many experience with girls like that, but thats a story for another day. In the main time, ponder over this question; 'Is the delay worth it?'.

Back to my story...

'ermm, to answer your third question, I would say, give me about an hour or two to clear up certain things over here' I replied.

'that one is your cup of tea, your answer would expire if you aren't here in thirty minutes' she replied.

'thirty minutes? I haven't bathed, eaten, I don't even know what to wear and you know you live quite far too' I lamented.

'Bla bla bla, I have told you that's your business. You have thirty minutes and you time starts now. Bye' and she hunged up, not giving me the opportunity to give her a hundred more reasons why thirty minutes wouldnt be enough.

I forgot for a while that Sandra was even listening to my conversation with Chidinma, she had been awfully quiet.

'What have I done wrong now?' I asked.

'Nothing, promise me one thing'

'sure, just name it' I replied.

'You yourself has seen how easy going and nice this girl is, promise me you won't break her heart just like you once did to mine'

'break your heart? When did I do that?' I asked in amazement.

'nevermind, just promise me you won't break her heart. Even when you cheat on her, don't let her catch you' she replied coldly.

I wanted to ask more questions and actually figure out how and when exactly I broke Sandra heart and also what gave her the impression I would cheat on Chidinma, but the thought of having barely 25minutes left of the 30 minutes Chidinma gave me, made me just say;

'Ok, I promise' So she could let me go and get ready.

'Ok, good' she looked at her wristwatch and the with a smile she said;

'If I was you, I won't bother bathing, I'll just brush and rinse my face, because you have less than 20 minutes out of you 30 minutes and buy a c0ndom too, just incase' she then winked at me

what a best friend indeed, don't you agree?

TO BE CONTINUED.
Re: My Complicated Love Story by johnwizey: 6:13pm On Aug 04, 2013
Jesu oluwa wa..........ℓ̊ wish ℓ̊ ђa̶̲̥̅̊√ε̲̣̣̣̥ a fwend lyk Sandra
Re: My Complicated Love Story by psholar(m): 6:21pm On Aug 04, 2013
Nice literary work
Re: My Complicated Love Story by tbabstobadt(m): 6:25pm On Aug 04, 2013
gosh!!! ..dah was hell of a ride u gave moi!! ..lovely turns of events. ,..ur write up better pass nollywood in all ramifications .. duff ma abétiaja 4 u!!
Re: My Complicated Love Story by Dhortunn(m): 6:44pm On Aug 04, 2013
*adjusts seat* *in d'banj's voice* It's about to go down!!
Re: My Complicated Love Story by MzChistar(f): 6:46pm On Aug 04, 2013
Wow, i like dis sandra girl, very easy going and free willed. If it was me eh, i would aff bite your ear! How can you tell Chidinma almost the same things you told sandra?

2 Likes

Re: My Complicated Love Story by MizSammy(f): 6:51pm On Aug 04, 2013
I love dis Sandra geh, Chistar take enuf condom o
Re: My Complicated Love Story by TispyRichman: 6:52pm On Aug 04, 2013
Nice story line, and how does nairaland works? I've to google and actually got the link from FB. Great work, not easy to type for long tho
Re: My Complicated Love Story by hollas2jnr(m): 6:52pm On Aug 04, 2013
Mz_Chistar: Wow, i like dis sandra girl, very easy going and free willed. If it was me eh, i would aff bite your ear! How can you tell Chidinma almost the same things you told sandra?
Sandra's got a large heart... She's indeed a genuine friend!

MODIFIED
@Chistar: Hope u get to stop all these 'clandestine activities' of urs now. Else...
Re: My Complicated Love Story by opeano(m): 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2013
Waow.. I was on commentin break cos of d many new enrolee we had, now am commentin again. Chistar.. I started wt u wen dis started, u stressed d fact dat dis is ur 1st attempt, yes, it was, i also corrected u a couple of tyms. Alas, no one dat has read d last 20pages will agree wt me dat dis is ur 1st attempt @ writin literature. Followed u frm master flows work 'man wey dey reason' and am sayin. U av done a very great job

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (66) (Reply)

The Reluctant Bride / First Night / Bukky Alakara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.