Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,747 members, 7,875,861 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:54 PM

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 (40635 Views)

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 / Re: Nairaland’s "The Poet" Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by palmpurse: 11:53am On Jul 26, 2013
Swit up: wheew... This explains alot.. @cuddleme, More grease 2 ur elbow... UTM(U Too Much)
amyblue: I am in as a poet.
Swit up: wheew... This explains alot.. @cuddleme, More grease 2 ur elbow... UTM(U Too Much)

Am olajide,I tried to register for the Poet competition season 2 but I did not get the registration form. I need information on how to enrol and be a participant. Thanks
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by palmpurse: 11:56am On Jul 26, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
Am olajide,I tried to register for the Poet competition season 2 but I did not get the registration form. I need information on how to enrol and be a participant. Thanks
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 12:31pm On Jul 26, 2013
palmpurse:
[color=#000099][/color]

no forms, no hussle, pls just check the first page for rules and regulations...your in by the way. smiley
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Dospix(m): 9:20pm On Jul 26, 2013
Am in as a poet.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:50pm On Jul 26, 2013
Dospix: Am in as a poet.
noted. smiley
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HARDDON: 1:26am On Jul 27, 2013
"Ƒoя long in solitude i sat
And wished some1 out there cud hear ♏ԑ sing
Sing in height of soulfulness
And in d fountain of freedom
Where d gods colour words
And angels drool from its allure
I flowed among d heavenly clouds
And wished my kind to klass
puff off мч mind's bloom

And bless hearts with word's wealth untamed

Fresh, freely flowing from d lips of glowing human angels"

and finally here we roll
in treasure troves

dot me up hbg
for long my soul longed
to live but once more

lets dab, shall we?

this is for you Fstar, S gurl, bblend, vRhymes and TEA esq™

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HARDDON: 1:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Switup: 2:16pm On Jul 27, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: no forms, no hussle, pls just check the first page for rules and regulations...your in by the way. smiley
nice one. Have a glass of zobo 4 explainin that to him... But regardin the submittin of poems to a particular mail address seen in page1 of this thread.., when will that commence..?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by classicdea(m): 7:41pm On Jul 27, 2013
I'm in. I design and I write.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 8:06pm On Jul 27, 2013
classicdea: I'm in. I design and I write.

No problem.
Which do you prefer? Both can be accommodated!
This means you'd write in Round 1, and if you qualify for the next round, you'd do both.
However, if you do not qualify for Round 2, then you'd have the choice of backing out or designing for another poet.
Let's keep a positive mind, and hope you make it through cheesy
Thank you!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Rocktation(f): 7:27pm On Jul 28, 2013
Keeping tabs. smiley
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 9:16am On Jul 29, 2013
Time Table

August 1st - 13th: submission of Poems for Round 1

Time: thread opens at 8am on August 5th; Closes at 11:59pm on August 13th

August 5 – 14th: grading by the Judges

8am on August 15th: all scores must be in by this date/time.

10am on August 15th: List of top 20 Poets.
The Pairing List for Poets + Designers

Designers and Poets would decide how long it would take them to work together.
2 or 3 days is preferable.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 9:25am On Jul 29, 2013
ROUND 1 INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMISSION.

Submission via Nairaland:

Step 1 – Go to the official submission thread CLICK HERE

Step 2 – Click the “Reply” Button

Step 3 – Type, Paste or Place your poem.
The same way you’d do with your regular post. Nothing has changed.

Step 4 – Click the “Submit” button

Step 5 – Look at the post above yours, and take note of the number.
If the person above you is Number 0, it means you are Number 1.
If the person above you is number 1, it means you are Number 2.

Step 6 – Click on the “Modify” button.
And then, put in your Number i.e. Number 1 ,2, 3.....

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 9:27am On Jul 29, 2013
Submission via Email:

Step 7 – Go to your mailbox.
For e.g. yahoo, msn, hotmail, gmail, etc.

Step 8 – Click the "Compose" or "New" button.
Just the regular way of sending emails.

Step 9 – In the "Subject" or "Title" field,
put in your number from the submission thread.
Your username isn't required.

Step 10 - Type, Paste or Place your poem.

Step 11 – Click “Send”

Step You cheesy - Wait for the list of the Top 20 Contestants smiley
To view grades in real time CLICK HERE
This function is now available!
You can see how all contestants are graded, LIVE. Very transparent and easy!

Failure to adhere to simple instructions could result to Automatic disqualification.
Because of the complexity involved in this competition, it has to be properly implemented to accomplish results.
Therefore, we need people who understand how tasking this is;
people who would cooperate with us to make this a success.
Thank You!

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Switup: 2:13pm On Jul 29, 2013
Still followin thread... wink
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HumbledbYGrace(f): 2:32pm On Jul 29, 2013
Ehn Cuddles which BB10? The Q or Z?

I love the topics grin grin wish I knew something about poetry or designing to participatesad instead of always erm...*lips sealed*

Great job sis
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by kennikazi(m): 9:44pm On Jul 29, 2013
#itchy fingers...cant wait

the memories keep coming back
the thoughts keep haunting you
you’ve given up
you’ve worked so hard to climb up
but yet again you are falling back

...excerpt from m'poem
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Asakel(m): 12:58am On Jul 31, 2013
Hullo guys,
Me hope me could join d gatherin.
:-)
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Flygeriansteve: 1:42am On Aug 01, 2013
I'm enlisting as well
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Oahray: 2:36am On Aug 01, 2013
amy... Is that truly you? shocked
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 3:23am On Aug 01, 2013
ANNOUNCEMENT

THE OFFICIAL THREAD FOR SUBMISSION IS NOW OPEN!

PLEASE START SUBMITTING YOUR POEMS NOW.

THE THREAD CLOSES AT 11:55PM ON AUG 13, 2013.

Click here to submit now-->
https://www.nairaland.com/1380020/nairalands-poet-competition-season-2#17151607

Best of luck!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HARDDON: 3:33am On Aug 01, 2013
lilly cuddly,,,,

now this is more like it gurl
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 3:33am On Aug 01, 2013
~FEEDBACK~

Four(4) members submitted their poems via email. I have uploaded and numbered them No 1,2,3,4.

The next post after me should start with No 5. Please read instructions, and follow them thoroughly.

No one should submit any poem to the mailbox unless you've secured yourself a number on the submission thread

Thanks.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 3:34am On Aug 01, 2013
HARDDON: lilly cuddly,,,,

now this is more like it gurl

Lol, when are you submitting yours?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HARDDON: 3:35am On Aug 01, 2013
mehn, those poems are huge!

may the good Lord give the moderators the patience and wit to will tru those vast planes
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 3:38am On Aug 01, 2013
HARDDON: mehn, those poems are huge!

may the good Lord give the moderators the patience and wit to will tru those vast planes

Really?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by HARDDON: 3:43am On Aug 01, 2013
Cuddlemii:

Lol, when are you submitting yours?

dumnno sleeky Cuddly angry angry angry

no inspiration yet cry cry

#teamsiddonsipalomolook grin grin grin

but be rest assured, when it drops, itz gonno be short, precise and effective. cool cool cool

oh Dear Sweet Swingz, let me i pray thee, find my writing feetz once again!
let me dance to the rhythm of your beats
the gentle melody of your rhyme
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 3:47am On Aug 01, 2013
HARDDON:

dumnno sleeky Cuddly angry angry angry

no inspiration yet cry cry

#teamsiddonsipalomolook grin grin grin

but be rest assured, when it drops, itz gonno be short, precise and effective. cool cool cool

oh Dear Sweet Swingz, let me i pray thee, find my writing feetz once again!
let me dance to the rhythm of your beats
the gentle melody of your rhyme

Dude, you and this your rhymes.

na wa o o
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 4:09am On Aug 01, 2013
Oahray: amy... Is that truly you? shocked

Thank you for submitting.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by UyiIredia(m): 6:44am On Aug 01, 2013
I write lots of poems. In particular between 2011 and 2012. I
occassionally write now. I'm sad because I lost a whole book
of poems and essays but I'll bear it and hope I start afresh. I
should be writing a few poems here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (33) (Reply)

Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA / Top 10 Nigerian Writers Of All Time. / Pregnant Oyin VAkpan Goes Topless In New Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.