Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,741 members, 7,875,858 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:37 PM

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 (40634 Views)

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 / Re: Nairaland’s "The Poet" Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by hypergig(m): 6:56am On Aug 01, 2013
THE DEMISE OF LOVE

Has the shovel not compelled me to the hollowness of the sands.

And deep down I start a new life of ease with no one to love or cling to.

When alive,you curtailed me into the pleasures of life nd got me drenched in the debts of love.

But now am a ruffled up skin with worm holes to contend with.

I was the chubby sort with a robust outlook but now am an outcast in this world. and that I seem to cherish.

Why not wish death for this fellow for amidst the thoughts of life he toiled nd got no love in return.

The amusements of life are of ephemeral length,so why fall in love.

Love sucks especially when u run out luck
Then u become stressed and abreast with fears. So its better to stay away,
For in that way u are gonna see another day.

Gag my soul nd tag my bone for I am no more.

Love killed me nd it's still killing me.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 9:53am On Aug 01, 2013
Uyi Iredia: I write lots of poems. In particular between 2011 and 2012. I
occassionally write now. I'm sad because I lost a whole book
of poems and essays but I'll bear it and hope I start afresh. I
should be writing a few poems here.

Titles are not compulsory.
By the way, you need one poem to qualify.
Please choose one poem, and I would ask Mynd to hide the rest.
Thanks for participating.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 9:55am On Aug 01, 2013
hyper gig: THE DEMISE OF LOVE

Has the shovel not compelled me to the hollowness of the sands.

And deep down I start a new life of ease with no one to love or cling to.

When alive,you curtailed me into the pleasures of life nd got me drenched in the debts of love.

But now am a ruffled up skin with worm holes to contend with.

I was the chubby sort with a robust outlook but now am an outcast in this world. and that I seem to cherish.

Why not wish death for this fellow for amidst the thoughts of life he toiled nd got no love in return.

The amusements of life are of ephemeral length,so why fall in love.

Love sucks especially when u run out luck
Then u become stressed and abreast with fears. So its better to stay away,
For in that way u are gonna see another day.

Gag my soul nd tag my bone for I am no more.

Love killed me nd it's still killing me.

Please submit your poem here --->https://www.nairaland.com/1380020/nairalands-poet-competition-season-2#17151607
If you are not participating, ignore this.
Thanks.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by UyiIredia(m): 1:07pm On Aug 01, 2013
Cuddlemii:

Leave the poem about God. You can hide the other 3. Thanks.

P.S: Got your PM. I was offline. What did you want to talk about ?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 3:35pm On Aug 01, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Leave the poem about God. You can hide the other 3. Thanks.

P.S: Got your PM. I was offline. What did you want to talk about ?

You've answered the question in my pm.

Please, read the instructions. You've omitted an important step.

What happens after the Nairaland submission?!

Thanks
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 3:38pm On Aug 01, 2013
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT MORE THAN ONCE! FAILURE TO COMPLY WOULD LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION

WHEN YOU SUBMIT MORE THAN ONCE, AND NUMBER INCORRECTLY, INNOCENT POSTERS AFTER YOU SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES.

PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY, THEY WERE MADE FOR A REASON.

DON'T CAUSE CONFUSION

THANK YOU!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 01, 2013
Cuddlemi, can you please clean up the submission thread? Multiple submissions per user and failures to follow the numbering conventions are already derailing the thread...
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Mynd44: 4:06pm On Aug 01, 2013
jackbauersballs: Cuddlemi, can you please clean up the submission thread? Multiple submissions per user and failures to follow the numbering conventions are already derailing the thread...
In progress sir
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 01, 2013
Mynd_44:
In progress sir

Noted
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Switup: 8:33pm On Aug 01, 2013
Cuddlemii:

please am a kind of confused. u said there should be no tittles but i saw a lot of headings attached to various poems.... pls cud u explain some more...?
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Solaceye: 8:45pm On Aug 01, 2013
Love this line, trying to grap a clue so as to take a cue. Hope am falling into a right company of "word moulders". Need to know how to participate first as a designer before presenting my childish poem in future time.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by chistar01(m): 9:06pm On Aug 01, 2013
Swit up: please am a kind of confused. u said there should be no tittles but i saw a lot of headings attached to various poems.... pls cud u explain some more...?
She didnt say there shouldnt be titles, she said titles are not 'compulsory', so its your choice.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 10:28pm On Aug 01, 2013
chistar01: She didnt say there shouldnt be titles, she said titles are not 'compulsory', so its your choice.

Thank you!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 10:32pm On Aug 01, 2013
Solaceye: Love this line, trying to grap a clue so as to take a cue. Hope am falling into a right company of "word moulders". Need to know how to participate first as a designer before presenting my childish poem in future time.

Just by signifying interest, you'd be a designer. No special process/requirement

Everyone is welcome to participate.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by princesa(f): 10:53pm On Aug 01, 2013
Finally!
And i said it! Twas too long a period. 1-13th ain't bad.smiley

#will submit my amateur scribbling soon enough cool
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by 1miccza: 11:26pm On Aug 01, 2013
Bro no probs the contest is worth I know I am from a country filled with great talents buh bro I'll say "bring it on" any contender's welcome I love this!!smiley
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Yujin(m): 1:36am On Aug 02, 2013
Following fast or flying passed
I cast my eyes on a thread so nice
A thread for the cats
A thread for the rats A marathon it is
A race devoid of ease Until the rats are gone The cats would not have won
I'm in as a poet.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 4:47am On Aug 02, 2013
amiskurie: booked!

Please we hid your poems, and left the first one.

Click the "modify" button, and upload the one you prefer.

Thanks
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by onegig(m): 7:06am On Aug 02, 2013
princesa: Finally!
And i said it! Twas too long a period. 1-13th ain't bad.smiley

#will submit my amateur scribbling soon enough cool
seen my mail??
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by princesa(f): 11:20am On Aug 02, 2013
onegig:
seen my mail??
nope. *off to check*
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Dawinlove(m): 11:31am On Aug 02, 2013
when wil d list of the first round winner be posted
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Stepsse(m): 12:42pm On Aug 02, 2013
@OP.....pls what of if i lost my e-mail account b4 the submission date and afterward.Can I still submit on the thread with the title of the poem on it?......will my poem be submitted without any e-mail account provided that I followed all the rules especially the numbering stuff..........RSVP..... sTc
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by timpaker(m): 1:34pm On Aug 02, 2013
can someone post more than one poem? noted cool
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Naijalastborn(m): 1:59pm On Aug 02, 2013
Please can someone post more than one Post?? I mean the poem submission! Is it allowed to post 2 Poems
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by firestar(f): 2:05pm On Aug 02, 2013
timpaker: can someone post more than one poem? noted cool

No.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Cuddlemii: 2:58pm On Aug 02, 2013
Okay here's the situation... I am very busy at the moment with projects and all.
I'd be free from the 12th. That explains the rationale behind the initial start date of the competition.

However, I have explained the rules continuously.
I have posted pictures, steps, etc. The submission date has been shifted forward.
I don't expect anyone to have any difficulties.
It is evident that some of us are not reading the instructions provided.
It is quite simple! Submit your poem on the official thread, number the poem, and email a copy(with your number in the subject line) to nairalandpoets@yahoo.com.

Why is it important to submit a copy via email?
-To make grading easier for the Judges.
-So they can judge based on the content, and not the username.
-It is very possible to get distracted with the number of likes, comments, and other influences.
-A sober environment is what they need.

Why is it important to submit on Nairaland?
-To satisfy your audience.
-For transparency i.e. if you qualify, there is evidence that your poem merited it.

When would the scores be out?
Read the time table posted on the submission thread. smiley

I hope this clarifies things?!

By the way, the poems are educative, and interesting. It's been fun reading them all.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Tgirl4real(f): 4:41pm On Aug 02, 2013
Hey Cuddle,

Sorry, I haven't been participating much here.

I got my hands full. I believe things will progress as planned.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Shugamania(f): 12:16am On Aug 03, 2013
Whew! These guys are making me look like d learner i really am.
I doff my gele...salute.

@princesa, waitinggg..
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by chistar01(m): 2:04pm On Aug 03, 2013
Shugamania: Whew! The guys are making me look like d learner i really am.
I doff my gele...salute.
am telling you! I went through the poems there and I started shaking and cosindering if I shouldnt even bother posting my amateur poem. You are doffing only your hat? Me am doffing my hat, shirt, jean, shoe! Infact all my clothings, yo guys are smokey hot!.
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by ofala(m): 4:55am On Aug 04, 2013
very nice idea here. I love good poems and had written over 100 over the years especially whenever i am far from home. Will look them up and submit. You guys should keep it up!
Re: Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 by Jomark(m): 8:45pm On Aug 05, 2013
timpaker: can someone post more than one poem? noted cool
...tim my man. It is joseph Osita. So, you are here? Surely, we have great poets here

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (33) (Reply)

Faridah Abike-Iyimide Secures MacMillan Million-Dollar Book Deal In USA / Top 10 Nigerian Writers Of All Time. / Pregnant Oyin VAkpan Goes Topless In New Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.