Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,793 members, 7,905,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:15 PM

Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? (3915 Views)

New Date For End Of The World: January 1 2017 - Sword Of God Cult / Nuclearboy Puts Deep Sights's Concerns On Xtianity To The Sword / An Excerpt: The Sword Of Solomon By F.w. Boreham (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Ishilove: 8:20pm On Jul 14, 2013
Goshen360:

shocked shocked shocked you better answer your phone now. You know say that other sister don dey eye me tay-tay. tongue

Oya, answer your phone sweerie. You know say I no dey like talk to you like that but as I come dey jealous wetin you dey go talk for obadiah777 na eim make me talk like that. Huh, Oya my sweerie. Make you answer your phone naw my my bp no come rise o...you know say na stubborn I take style stubborn small.huh. your is ringing again, Oya answer me sweerie. grin
O brother Goshen...you know I can't resist ya sweet mouth...hokay, I will pick tongue grin
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by MostHigh: 8:54pm On Jul 14, 2013
plaetton:

Pure baloney!
When cornered with the absurdity of Yahweh's conduct and the clear dichotomy between the old testament Yahweh and the nameless invisible skydaddy of the new testament, you easily jettison the old testament.
And when it serves your purpose, you quote the same old testament.

Your statement that god threatened and showed anger towards the nation of Israel and not to the church is one of most ridiculous and infantile statements a person can make.
In other words, yahweh, aka, god, can show anger at the Israelites, but not at the church?.

Show us exactly, in both scripture and Israelite history, when Yahweh transformed from the vengeful and wrathful god of Israel, to the loving and merciful god of the man-made church.

And if indeed such a transformation did take place, does that not diminish Yahweh's omni omniness, for a god who is said to be the same yesterday, today and forever?

Is the church not a man-made structure?
Where, in the bible, does Yahweh mention his love and preference for church, over his inherited nation of Israel?
Where did Jesus tell you that Church is to be the new Israel?

Before and during the life of Jesus, there was no such thing as the church, so how could Jesus have encouraged the building of something that had no prior existence?

The church is something that came into existence very long after the life of Jesus by those who sought to build a religion on is name.

Goshen is a luciferian and he and all his disciples are already ablaze

1 Like

Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by MostHigh: 8:56pm On Jul 14, 2013
Goshen360: I don't ever quote the old testament when it suits me. NEVER! I am under a new and better covenant. We don't stone people to death under our new covenant neither do we kill by the sword. Let's talk the new testament if you care @ plaetton.

Liar Lair
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by MostHigh: 8:58pm On Jul 14, 2013
Goshen360:

It does make sense and I will show scriptures towards the fact that it makes sense later. You may want to go get other things done cos I will reply very late today.

Never enough time for Goshen to think

LWTMB true
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 14, 2013
MostHigh:

LWTMB true
hey gys!!! This is Obadiah's henchman, he also deserves da sword. grin

3 Likes

Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by MostHigh: 9:35pm On Jul 14, 2013
olire: hey gys!!! This is Obadiah's henchman, he also deserves da sword. grin

See your mouth like henchman.

1 Like

Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Goshen360(m): 9:55pm On Jul 14, 2013
MostHigh:

LWTMB true

Young man, I have a day job and you failed if you trying to follow me on every thread. I will answer at my own convenient time when I'm free. You have nothing to say than insult. I'm used to your same insult. By the way, na your Oga (obadiah777) I follow get talk, no be you at all. You hear!

1 Like

Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
MostHigh:

See your mouth like henchman.
am i lying? Aren't you his disciple or should i pity u and say "rite hand man":p grin

1 Like

Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by MostHigh: 11:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
olire: am i lying? Aren't you his disciple or should i pity u and say "rite hand man":p grin

Na you get your mouth.
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by MostHigh: 11:14pm On Jul 14, 2013
Goshen360:

Young man, I have a day job and you failed if you trying to follow me on every thread. I will answer at my own convenient time when I'm free. You have nothing to say than insult. I'm used to your same insult. By the way, na your Oga (obadiah777) I follow get talk, no be you at all. You hear!

Don't be a coward

Lawless son of a lawless father

A man that claims yashua ibn joseph as his master yet lives not as yashua lives

Go figure

This time your leave of absence from nairaland will be permanent
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 15, 2013
MostHigh:

Na you get your mouth.
he can't deny it.
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Ishilove: 7:47am On Jul 15, 2013
MostHigh:

Don't be a coward

Lawless son of a lawless father

A man that claims yashua ibn joseph as his master yet lives not as yashua lives

Go figure

This time your leave of absence from nairaland will be permanent

This is uncalled for.
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:09am On Jul 15, 2013
Goshen360:

So you work on Sunday?!
Oh! I forgot. New testament things.
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 15, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

So you work on Sunday?!
Oh! I forgot. New testament things.

lol....na today? Goshen is gathering his sunday offering. He doesnt call it "tithes" so that his conscience will not be guilty!
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by truthislight: 9:34am On Jul 15, 2013
this is not to say that the OT is useless, because without OT there will be no NT.

However, we cannot ignore what is in the OT itself as being the purpose of the NT.

Abraham was told that by means of "his seed all nations of the earth will certainly bless themself"

plaetton: @Goshen360

Did god divide himself into two, one for Judaism and the other for Christianity?

No, God did not divide himself into two.
But that God set out the way he wants things done in the future.

The former routine was geared toward extracting the seed/messiah from Israel.
Hence, the messiah will lead the way forward.
See:

"Behold, there are days coming, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD: But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people." (Jeremiah 31:31-33).

Yahweh himself said that ^.

Should we ignore it ?

And the messiah later did this:

"Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new Covenant in behalf of my blood, which is shed for you." (Luke 22:20).

Hence, the messiah sets the way forward, which he did with the two commandments on love of God and love of neighbour.

plaetton:
What is the origin of this new covenant?
Who formulated it?

I just shown it to you up ^ there.

plaetton:
By the same token can we say that Islam is the new and third covenant that replaced the second covenant ?

Islam has a very seriouse problem,

to help you understand it, an illustration will serve:

Consider a student in a class writing a test, student A is the brain that knows what the question is all about and knows the answers, and to that end, he is solving accordingly.

Meanwhile, student B just happen to like student A work and started copying without knowing the head and tail of what student A is writing.
When student A on his way to summit his test finds out some solving needs to change and he on the way made necessary corrections on the way befor summiting his test will student B know what and how student A has corrected on his test ? No.

Islam copied Judaism without noting the significance of the messiah and the adjustment the messiah has done to the laws of moses.

But Islam is still killing their perent their brothers, their children and any that speak against their god as the Law of moses said, not knowing that the modus oparandi has been changed via the promised messiah.

That ^ is what copying can cause.

hence, the problem with Islam having its laws commanding killing while the NT does not.

Those are the changed laws that @Alfa posted on the op.
plaetton:
Isn't it the so-called new covenant more like the wishful thinking of the followers of a new religion?

No
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by truthislight: 10:01am On Jul 15, 2013
Compare this scriptures as well:

"And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou may be my salvation unto the end of the earth." (Isaiah 49:6).

As such, the apostle paul can say this below to the Gentiles and Jews he was preaching to:

"But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming. Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth." (Acts 13:45-47).

This below was the Original promise to Abraham:

"And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice." (Genesis 22:18).
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by MostHigh: 10:46am On Jul 15, 2013
olire: he can't deny it.

Deny what?

Your mumu speech?
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by MostHigh: 10:49am On Jul 15, 2013
Ishilove:
This is uncalled for.

When they asked for my liver you kept quite

Now the fire is burning and you say its uncalled for

You think we playing a game here?

Abeg park one side joor.
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:54am On Jul 15, 2013
I just can't stop laughing at the wriggling of the new testamenters who actually did not fully read or do not understand the new testament.

@truthislight and goshen, listen. Jesus was 100% for the old testamnet laws. He was for the killing of disobedient children. He was for solving problems with violence. He said he came to bring the sword and divide families. How is that a message of love you guys are trying to preach here?

Read these:

Matthew 15:3-7

3 Jesus replied, “And why do you break the command of God for the sake of your tradition? 4 For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’ and ‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death.’ 5 But you say that if anyone declares that what might have been used to help their father or mother is ‘devoted to God,’ 6 they are not to ‘honor their father or mother’ with it. Thus you nullify the word of God for the sake of your tradition. 7 You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you:

See? Jesus rebuking the pharisees for not killing their children!

More:

Matthew 10:34-36

34 “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I have come to turn

“‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36 a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’

If this is good news, I wonder what a bad news would sound like.

If you are still wondering what he really thinks about the old testament? This is from his mouth:

Matthew 5:17-18

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

And these are only in Matthew.
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Goshen360(m): 11:01am On Jul 15, 2013
@ truthislight,

Thank you. I answered plaetton and he went open another thread here:
https://www.nairaland.com/1358973/tale-two-religions-judaism-christianity and I replied him intensively though. I just told him the same thing you said above (without quoting all your post). Thank you.
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Goshen360(m): 11:03am On Jul 15, 2013
MostHigh:

Abeg park one side joor.

shocked
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Nobody: 11:08am On Jul 15, 2013
GooseBaba: Sword ke...!?? No ohhh.. The guy just need serious brushing from area boys of Christ...two serious punches to his liver. They guy go re-program sharp sharp.. grin
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Nobody: 11:11am On Jul 15, 2013
deebrain:

grin no be u dem wan kill? No be u suppose to dey ask dat kin thing.
no be small matter bros grin grin
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 15, 2013
Ishilove: Yoo hoo, obadiah darling, how are you, my love? smiley smiley
doing ok considering these heathens want to put me to the sword smh. waz good with ya sweerie grin grin i just got realeased from a 2 day ban for using caps lock

1 Like

Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 15, 2013
Goshen360:

Why you like hurting my feelings all the time? So now is obadiah777 that is your darling love? But you just called him bl!ckhearted wicked sweerie. Why una women dey too love wicked blackhearted men sef? angry shey bi me and you don finish our discussion for phone say I will bring your white gold ring when am coming to naija. Which kind thing you come dey talk for public forum like this? Huh? angry angry
love wantintin cheesy cheesy
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 15, 2013
olire: hey gys!!! This is Obadiah's henchman, he also deserves da sword. grin
grin grin brother mosthigh is a warrior. you have a better chance of passing through the eye of a needle than putting most high to the sword
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 15, 2013
MostHigh:

Abeg park one side joor.
liver na expensive commodity sire. without liver na cowardice remain now grin
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by MostHigh: 11:37am On Jul 15, 2013
obadiah777: liver na expensive commodity sire. without liver na cowardice remain now grin

Very expensive o Sire.

Greetings Sire!!

And top of the morning to you.

I trust you had a blessed weekend

1 Like

Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by debosky(m): 11:41am On Jul 15, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: The bible is very clear about what should be done to false prophets. Majority of christians here accept that:
1 - Obadiah777 is a false prophet.
2 - Biblical commands must be obeyed.

Wrong on both counts.

1. Obadiah777 is not a false prophet, at least not to me - he may be mistaken on some aspects, but repentance is still available.

2. What is a 'biblical command' in this context? Are you saying 'all' biblical commands or 'some' biblical commands or 'applicable' biblical commands?

Given the fatally flawed state of your premise, there's nothing to be discussed here.

2 Likes

Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 15, 2013
MostHigh:

Very expensive o Sire.

Greetings Sire!!

And top of the morning to you.

I trust you had a blessed weekend
oh thanks sire. sure i did. i tried coming on nairaland but my puter wouldnt connect. come to find out i had been ip banned lol. i got a warning by some vagabond named sexkillz like 2 days ago about my caps-lock habit but still continued. so he decided to put me to the sword grin

1 Like

Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jul 15, 2013
debosky:

Wrong on both counts.

1. Obadiah777 is not a false prophet, at least not to me - he may be mistaken on some aspects, but repentance is still available.

2. What is a 'biblical command' in this context? Are you saying 'all' biblical commands or 'some' biblical commands or 'applicable' biblical commands?

Given the fatally flawed state of your premise, there's nothing to be discussed here.
mistaken in some aspects ? oh but i beg to differ sire. grin grin sup chief debosky. been a hot minute sire. trust all is well. still fighting this good fight of faith wink
Re: Should Obadiah777 Be Put To The Sword? by MostHigh: 12:03pm On Jul 15, 2013
obadiah777: oh thanks sire. sure i did. i tried coming on nairaland but my puter wouldnt connect. come to find out i had been ip banned lol. i got a warning by some vagabond named sexkillz like 2 days ago about my caps-lock habit but still continued. so he decided to put me to the sword grin

Good to have you back

The heathen have been asking for blood

But We have been giving them bread instead.

Apart from that lawless man goshen

Goshen been recieving koboko from me but he says he prefers your cane.....

All is the same.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

13 Most Dangerous Demons! / Apostles Of Jesus Christ Cast Lots;why? / Trinity Explained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.