Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,281 members, 7,970,995 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 07:26 PM

George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial - Foreign Affairs (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial (28500 Views)

Senator George Theuri Posts Half-Unclad Picture Of Him And His Wife On Facebook / Woolwich Murder Trial: Michael Adebolajo And Michael Adebowale Found Guilty / Anders Breivik Pleads Not Guilty At Norway Murder Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Rossikk(m): 3:20pm On Jul 16, 2013
shymexx:

Yes, Africa can be a good alternative and it has always been a good alternative but it doesn't change the fact that everything is unpredictable in that part of the world. Yes, it all looks rosy now, till some psycho decides to come out of nowhere to disrupt everything(I'm alluding about countries in Africa making progress not retrogressive and fvcked up Nigeria). Also, will Africans accept the diasporans with open arms and allow them contribute to the development of the continent, with their current state-of-mind which hates black brotherhood and would rather be in permanent servitude to any type of pale skin?

Also yes there are idotic people on all forums, but nairaland takes the cake, IMO. The only forum next to nairaland should be ghanaweb and how much the Ewe people are hated in that country. I visit so many forums and blogs and I know what I'm alluding to. As ghetto as Bossip.com is, that's arguably the best website community I've ever been a part of. You know why? - it's because when it comes to issues that affect African Americans collectively - they all speak with one voice despite their differences/statuses/classes in the society. That's the website community that they got me through uni with Guardian UK CIF. The Guardian UK is like British middleclass version of Bossip and they both have the collective agreement mentality when it comes to issues that affect everyone despite their differences. However, with nairaland, it's always about bigoted opinions and sycophantic pseuds attacking your posts for no reason and calling you names. Heck, the first ever comment I made on this darn forum was attacked!

The American economy is never going to sink. America has enough resources to stay afloat - it just needs to cut its military spending and the country will be alright. African Americans have absolutely nothing to worry about. Collectively they have the highest GDP of any black group/country on this planet. However, I believe they also need to go back to how industrious they were during segregation and those things that enable them to create to great black institutions like: HBCUs, Black Wall Street etc.. They need to start embracing their own and learn how to create wealth. Once they can get that out of the way - they should continue in their place as the shining stars of the black race. They gave black people a voice with the different movements they started in the 50s(although Haiti started the revolution) and I believe they will also be at the forefront of the black renaissance. All our African forebears who started the anti-colonial movements got that consciousness from the African Americans. Dubois, Huey Newton, Malcolm X, and MLK.

Hotep.

You are wrong that 'the American economy is never going to sink'. Everything has its allotted time on this earth. No condition is permanent. Babylon, Egypt, Nubia, Rome, Greece, etc all fell and so too will the Anglo-American empire.

2 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 16, 2013
Rossikk: You are wrong that 'the American economy is never going to sink'. Everything has its allotted time on this earth. No condition is permanent. Babylon, Egypt, Nubia, Rome, Greece, etc all fell and so too will the Anglo-American empire.

Err...if you factor the massive oil reserve in California into the equation, then the country should stay afloat, if it can stop fighting meaningless wars everywhere. I believe the only way it's way going to sink is if world war 3 happens - wars sink civilisations. Another country has to go and get it, they don't hand it out on a platter of gold.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jul 16, 2013
I just spent some time listening to the 911 tapes from zimmerman and from the neighbor.

Late to this thread but did anyone listen to the tapes where the screaming was heard? (the neighbor's 911 call). I'm pretty convinced that the voice was Trayvon's. It just doesn't sound like it would come from whiny voiced, nasally George Z. Sounds like it comes from someone with a deep voice. Also there's something about the voice that doesn't sound like it's coming from a man with a huge young man sitting on him and bashing his head repeatedly into the concrete. According to the pics of zimmerman's wounds, all he had was a bloody nose and some scrapes on the back of his head that only needed a band-aid. At what point when a grown ar*se man sustains these minor injuries does he start screaming like a deranged bi*tch? Makes no iota of sense to me whatsoever. No way he was screaming that much because he got punched in the nose. I think Trayvon was screaming when he saw the gun and psycho murderer Zimmerman was holding him to gunpoint and threatening his life.

4 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Horus(m): 7:02pm On Jul 16, 2013

A photo of the dead body of Trayvon Martin right after he was shot. His eyes still open.

George Zimmerman provoked the chain of events by disobeying police instruction not to leave his car or go after Trayvon Martin, it should necessarily follow that George Zimmerman has no self-defence alibi.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jul 16, 2013
Horus:

A photo of the dead body of Trayvon Martin right after he was shot. His eyes still open.

George Zimmerman provoked the chain of events by disobeying police instruction not to leave his car or go after Trayvon Martin, it should necessarily follow that George Zimmerman has no self-defence alibi.

Heart wrenching. Is this the person supposed to be a tattooed thug that was able to pin Zimmerman down and slam his head repeatedly against the concrete? Look how skinny he is. I saw an interview with the prosecutor where he said the mom had to walk out of the courtroom when they were painting her thin son as a muscular thug. So sad.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 16, 2013
@Horus

That picture is heartwrenching!! My blood is boiling right about now, that could have been me at 17. 5'11, black, same size, and exactly the same colour. And some black coons and black slaves are on here supporting the stupid verdict. God damn black people!!

Your heart is black and wicked!! You lot sold your souls for food to get fat!

1 Like

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jul 16, 2013
Why on earth is that kid's photo being posted here?

Have you no respect for the dead? undecided

1 Like

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Horus(m): 7:37pm On Jul 16, 2013
shymexx: @Horus

That picture is heartwrenching!! My blood is boiling right about now, that could have been me at 17. 5'11, black, same size, and exactly the same colour. And some black coons and black slaves are on here supporting the stupid verdict. God damn black people!!

Your heart is black and wicked!! You lot sold your souls for food to get fat!

If a 17 year old white kid was stalked by a black man, turned around and punched the black man to defend himself, and then the black man pulled out a gun to defend himself, that black man would be given the death sentence.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jul 16, 2013
Horus:

If a 17 year old white kid was stalked by a black man, turned around and punched the black man to defend himself, and then the black man pulled out a gun to defend himself, that black man would be given the death sentence.

I know, bro. That's why my blood is boiling. And the police told him to leave the boy alone, yet he kept following him, even after the boy also told him to stop following him. They both stood their ground, man to man, toe to toe, and the coward shot the little boy.

These people always get away!
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Vansnickers: 7:42pm On Jul 16, 2013
Horus:

This is very disturbing. I couldn't move for minutes. Damn!
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 16, 2013
shymexx:

Travyon beat GZ? shocked

If you believe that crab, then you're definitely a house negro.

Wow! You were 'in the spirit' a long time! There is no chance in hell Trayvon beat him as badly as to warrant death curling screams of help from Zimmerman. There was no physical evidence to support that.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jul 16, 2013
There is some evidence he's murdered in cold blood. The dead is gone and let the living move on fighting against all hates in the society by removing pedestal of hates and restore love with gavel for every action taken to see justice prevails. This will be a wake-up call to look inward and know that something looks sore we cannot bear.

Such is, life cruel and bitter. It is a place where the helpless is repeatedly haunted and the strong claiming to be boss, having all rights to what he wants. The label of people just for differences sake in the hand of nature we all made not to understand beyond its innards. Some believes nature must be changed but it has always changed. And, they forgetting how smarter it is we are limited by the same very nature that has offered to us all through creativity the mind to reason. Many have forgotten to reason that we are nothing more than animals worst than likes of brutes. Yet give in to the eyes we see and hate with the heart they pride. What a vanity to be man and live it all for vanity.

That photo of Trayvon Martins above is unnecessary.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by cutina: 10:14pm On Jul 16, 2013
This boy was killed cold blood beacause of his skin color
people wake up some of the people posting here supporting george zimmerman are oyibos . can't you see ? they go to forums like these and derail the thread . impostors.

1 Like

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Vansnickers: 12:03am On Jul 17, 2013
cutina: people wake up some of the people posting here are oyibos . can't you see ? they go to forums like these and derail the thread . impostors.

Go and sleep. Deluded Ret@rd!
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by AKobo4urthought: 12:36am On Jul 17, 2013
Horus:

A little bit late on the thread, but I just have to say that the Jury are either racist or they are just stupid to just see facts. During the trail, which I saw on TV. The defense kept trying to say that George Zimmerman might have been the one who was screaming during the 911 tape, and mind you the scream stopped when the gun was fired. But if this picture was showed to the jury and they saw trayvon's mouth opened, couldn't they have put 2 and 2 together that it was obviously trayvon screaming?? And before anyone comes out with the whole B.S argument of it was "self-defense" "stand your ground" "Law of the land" claim to try to defend the Jury, I just want to say that if the situation was switched we won't be having this conversation right now.

And the saddest part of things like this is the only reason the Media and the public are still all over this issue is because it is still fresh, I give it 2 more weeks and the media will get another hot topic and we won't hear about this issue anymore and the rest of the public will rally, march, protest, petition for a month or so and if nothing is done about it they will go on with their daily life.Terrible, I know.

The Murder of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy, and a reminder that eventhough America is suppose to be the land of the "free" and "equal", it probably will never be that for a group of people who aren't white.

3 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 1:23am On Jul 17, 2013
AKobo4urthought:

A little bit late on the thread, but I just have to say that the Jury are either racist or they are just stupid to just see facts. During the trail, which I saw on TV. The defense kept trying to say that George Zimmerman might have been the one who was screaming during the 911 tape, and mind you the scream stopped when the gun was fired. But if this picture was showed to the jury and they saw trayvon's mouth opened, couldn't they have put 2 and 2 together that it was obviously trayvon screaming?? And before anyone comes out with the whole B.S argument of it was "self-defense" "stand your ground" "Law of the land" claim to try to defend the Jury, I just want to say that if the situation was switched we won't be having this conversation right now.

And the saddest part of things like this is the only reason the Media and the public are still all over this issue is because it is still fresh, I give it 2 more weeks and the media will get another hot topic and we won't hear about this issue anymore and the rest of the public will rally, march, protest, petition for a month or so and if nothing is done about it they will go on with their daily life.Terrible, I know.

The Murder of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy, and a reminder that eventhough America is suppose to be the land of the "free" and "equal", it probably will never be that for a group of people who aren't white.
Actually, less than a week. Kate Middleton has yet to pop her sprog undecided. Depressing, as is that picture of TM lying on the dirt without his life or his justice. Our royal death.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 1:25am On Jul 17, 2013
May Trayvon's soul rest in peace.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by birdman(m): 3:19am On Jul 17, 2013
shymexx:

Err...if you factor the massive oil reserve in California into the equation, then the country should stay afloat, if it can stop fighting meaningless wars everywhere. I believe the only way it's way going to sink is if world war 3 happens - wars sink civilisations. Another country has to go and get it, they don't hand it out on a platter of gold.

If previous empires could predict what would sink them, they would have stopped it before it grew big enough to take them out. All the reasons you have mentioned make sense, and that is the problem. There is a lot more to physical happenings that originates spiritually. Which is why every empire will fall eventually, and never in the way they would like.

Events like Trayvon Martin's murder are dangerous, because the whole nation witnessed the injustice and can therefore be held responsible based on their next course of action. These are the kinds of crimes that count against nations spiritually
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by cutina: 3:51am On Jul 17, 2013
If the roles were reversed you all know what would have happened undecided

4 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by biolabee(m): 9:53am On Jul 17, 2013
I hope this will lead to changes in the neighbourhood watch system

Also with the amount of guns in the system (1 gun to an american), maybe people will see the danger of guns
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by dare2think: 11:04am On Jul 17, 2013
biolabee: I hope this will lead to changes in the neighbourhood watch system

Also with the amount of guns in the system (1 gun to an american), maybe people will see the danger of guns

If the death of a couple of 'white' children at Sandy Hook could not change gun laws in America, be rest assured that the death of a single black boy will change nothing.

2 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by khiaa(f): 11:04am On Jul 17, 2013
Alot of you Nairalanders are always bringing up racist coments about African American men being in prison and believing all those bs statistics about them when we have always tried to tell you how racist the American justice system is but it fell on deaf ears. I am glad you got to see the American injustice with your own eyes. A white man kills a black kid and he goes free, a black man uses a dog for a fight and gets 2 years. This is nothing new, it happens all the time. Think about this the next time you want to bring up those racist stats because there are alot of innocent black men in prison. By the way I know you all heard about the white judge that was sentenced to 20 years in prison for being paid to rule young innocent black men as guilty and send them to prison for free labor.

2 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by biolabee(m): 11:59am On Jul 17, 2013
dare2think:

If the death of a couple of 'white' children at Sandy Hook could not change gun laws in America, be rest assured that the death of a single black boy will change nothing.

Tragic

@khiaa

Dog fighting is illegal and has nothing to do with the race of mike vick

There are issues with any justice sysyem but I bet you most of the people in jail did the crime

You want us to talk about real injustice? Come to naija jails
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Horus(m): 12:58pm On Jul 17, 2013
khiaa: Alot of you Nairalanders are always bringing up racist coments about African American men being in prison and believing all those bs statistics about them when we have always tried to tell you how racist the American justice system is but it fell on deaf ears. I am glad you got to see the American injustice with your own eyes. A white man kills a black kid and he goes free, a black man uses a dog for a fight and gets 2 years. This is nothing new, it happens all the time. Think about this the next time you want to bring up those racist stats because there are alot of innocent black men in prison. By the way I know you all heard about the judge that was sentenced to 20 years in prison for being paid to rule young innocent black boys as guilty and send them to jail.

I agree with you. Africans are easily brainwashed. Unlike the West nearly all Africans in Africa don’t know the full mentality of Caucasians in the West. Without studying the diversity in Caucasian nature, and often with a white Jesus being the only non-black face seen in thousands of villages throughout Africa, a god complex occurs. A belief system that ties a certain race or individual closer to god (God Complex).

1 Like

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by biolabee(m): 1:12pm On Jul 17, 2013
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by biolabee(m): 1:12pm On Jul 17, 2013
^^^ So illuminating....

Thank Isis and Osiris you have seen the light in the West tongue

2 Likes

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 17, 2013
Taken from: https://www.nairaland.com/7702/what-thinking/61#16848955

It really annoys me when black people act outraged at what white folks say on CNN,
the internet and in general public in regards to the Zimmerman-Trayvon case.

I mean these people act like this is something new. We already know what America and a lot of white people are about (not all). So what's with the outraged act? It's time for action.
All we do is march, protest, and complain...that is if we are not just taking our sons being killed and looking the other way.

It's like boot up or shut up! angry

OAN: lil wayne had the audacity to issue a statement that he is "not surprised"...well in regards to him and other rappers. they should have an auditorium worth of seats! tongue They promote this s--t. Last time I checked he was talking about being a blood gang member and promoting gangbangin' in his music. Blood vs Crip = BLACK ON BLACK crime. How is he any different from Zimmerman's b.a.? Where is the outrage at the murder rates in the predom. black cities esp. Chi-Town??!

#WAY2ManyHypocritesInOurCommunity

That's why they've no regard for black life..because WE DON'T. angry
It must be genetic! angry angry

With that being said black ppl in america really need to check ourselves. I hope there will be justice in the end. Wheher its abolishing the stand your ground law or winning a civil case against the murderer. But we really need to check ourselves.

And what was the point of posting that picture of trayvons corpse on this thread?? angry
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 17, 2013
Van snickers:

This is very disturbing. I couldn't move for minutes. Damn!

I know. I dont see the point in posting it! angry

1 Like

Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by khiaa(f): 8:15pm On Jul 17, 2013
biolabee:

Tragic

@khiaa

Dog fighting is illegal and has nothing to do with the race of mike vick

There are issues with any justice sysyem but I bet you most of the people in jail did the crime

You want us to talk about real injustice? Come to naija jails

UNBELIEVABLE!! Yes dog fighting is illegal, but so is MURDER. So the Nigerian justice system is corrupt, I don't believe that, I am sure the citizens deseve what they get, I'm sure they are guilty of every charge. Wow!! I sound just as ignorant as you do, and what the hell do you know about racism in America. Do you think Mike is the only person in America that has harmed an animal? Boy, you people are exausting, some of your mentality is really screwed uped when it comes to caucasians. I really wish some of you could come to the USA and recieve the welcome you deserve.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 17, 2013
ANOTHER CASE COMING UP. 71 YR OLD CRACKER BUSS A CAP IN A 13 YEAR OLD BLACK GUY. LOL THESE CRACKERS AINT PLAYING WITH YALL. LMAO.
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jul 17, 2013
obadiah777: ANOTHER CASE COMING UP. 71 YR OLD CRACKER BUSS A CAP IN A 13 YEAR OLD BLACK GUY. LOL THESE CRACKERS AINT PLAYING WITH YALL. LMAO.
Was it a 71 year old White man?
Re: George Zimmerman Acquitted In Trayvon Martin Murder Trial by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 17, 2013
CFCfan:
Was it a 71 year old White man?

No

He is 76

But Yeah he's white....

Guilty Verdict though, no story here...

http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/Jury-now-has-the-case-of-man-accused-of-shooting-13-year-old-neighbor-215854371.html

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply)

16 Cemeteries In Gaza Desecrated By Israeli Forces - Photos And Video: / The Revolutionary Strides Of President Ibrahim Traore Of Burkina Faso / Ugandan Lawmaker Put Up For Sale On OLX After Urinating On Govt Property (photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.