Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,590 members, 7,878,686 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 02:20 AM

Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos (27796 Views)

Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges / VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects / Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Pukkah: 9:28pm On Aug 13, 2013
Where is the court summon for God's sake?

Did Kalu issue an empty threat or he didn't tell his lawyers immediately he issued the threat to start preparing?

He's wasting time please. Let's get to the bottom of this.
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Lagosbabe1: 6:19pm On Aug 14, 2013
logica: No, actually the predominant language is Igbo. You are wrong there.

You mean in the prisons?
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by 4chi: 8:05pm On Aug 14, 2013
T9ksy: Abeg OUK , hurry up and sue fashola o. Don't even bother waiting for your 7-day ultimatum to expire as am en days

sure Fashola or LASG is not ready to apologise to anyone. This is getting interesting.

If you no sue then it means you are not the true son of your father.

It's over seven days and kalu has not gone to court. He was last seen whining in the typical ibo mode trying to evade his land use charge .

SURELY, KALU IS NOT THE TRUE SON OF HIS FATHER.

3 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by T8ksy(m): 9:41pm On Aug 14, 2013
4chi:

It's over seven days and kalu has not gone to court. He was last seen whining in the typical ibo mode trying to evade his land use charge .

SURELY, KALU IS NOT THE TRUE SON OF HIS FATHER.

Of course, kalu is really the true son of his father- all mouth and no ball$.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by dukkieson: 5:50am On Aug 15, 2013
Pukkah:

Nigerians were not given the opportunity to vote on the draft constitution. The 1989 Constitution was promulgated into law by the Abdulsalam administration after the Justice NIki Tobi Committee submitted it's report in less than two months! You don't know what was wrong with that Committee? Is that how you put in place a people's constitution?

From this thread, what's the position of the constitution of the creation of additional Local governments, resource control and the number of federating units? What does the constitution say about policing, sharia rule and true fiscal federalism? These are just examples.

I really don't have the time to go over what has been variously stressed in this thread but as yourself, what are the differences between the federalism in today's Nigeria and what we had in the First Republic.

Why do you have so much clamor for new states in Nigeria today?

For the third time I repeat, you are misinformed. It becomes more glaring your shortcomings the more you pursue this constitutionality issue. What you have done is to throw up several unrelated issues and ask questions which were best dealt with in a formal legal and academic context.

I perceive this strategy of yours as a smokescreen for your deficient knowledge of constitutional law. Thus asking me these myopic questions shows you in a negative light.

You are lucky you have a written constitution as opposed to UK's unwritten constitution where you are not sure on any issue that has no legal precedence. You are left at the mercy of sometimes hostile judges to interpret what the constitutional position is on that particular issue.

Lest you forget, the topic at hand is the constitutionality of deporting fellow Nigerians inside Nigeria from one state to another because they do not belong in that state and they are poor! Even the old communist Russia would have held up a cup to what Lagos State is doing.

Wait a minute before you start calling me an Ibo because I am not; nor resident in Nigeria. I said this because I have seen several of your comments on this thread and you came across as a tribal bigot.

No insult intended!

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Allenjones: 6:54am On Aug 15, 2013
dukkieson:

For the third time I repeat, you are misinformed. It becomes more glaring your shortcomings the more you pursue this constitutionality issue. What you have done is to throw up several unrelated issues and ask questions which were best dealt with in a formal legal and academic context.

I perceive this strategy of yours as a smokescreen for your deficient knowledge of constitutional law. Thus asking me these myopic questions shows you in a negative light.

You are lucky you have a written constitution as opposed to UK's unwritten constitution where you are not sure on any issue that has no legal precedence. You are left at the mercy of sometimes hostile judges to interpret what the constitutional position is on that particular issue.

Lest you forget, the topic at hand is the constitutionality of deporting fellow Nigerians inside Nigeria from one state to another because they do not belong in that state and they are poor! Even the old communist Russia would have held up a cup to what Lagos State is doing.

Wait a minute before you start calling me an Ibo because I am not; nor resident in Nigeria. I said this because I have seen several of your comments on this thread and you came across as a tribal bigot.

No insult intended!
Well expressed! My bro, pls do not waste words with a hardened apologist and patent tribalist who sees everything wrong with Nigeria but not his own tribe's contribution to Nigeria's misfortune!
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Pukkah: 3:15pm On Aug 15, 2013
dukkieson:

No insult intended!

1. You have only been needlessly repeating yourself. What effort have you made to 'inform' me? Prove your case and stop wasting your time (and more importantly, mine) on repetitions. I have spoken about a number of issues on which you're yet to respond - VAT revenue, Ports revenue, state and local government creation, devolution of more power to the federating units, resource control, status of Lagos, evolution of our constitution etc and you have not addressed any of them. You mean these issues are academic shocked or unrelated? shocked Honestly, there's no basis to continue the discussion with you.

2. There is no smokescreen anywhere because I did not claim in any of my posts that I am an authority in constitutional law. However, even a smart secondary school kid is familiar with Nigeria and many of her constitutional issues. I have listed a number of them in this thread. Quit the needless repetitions and read slowly so that you may understand.

3. While it may be manifestly unconstitutionally wrong for governors (not only Fasola) to embark on internal 'deportation' of Nigerian citizens, deep thinkers who are conversant with issues in Nigeria do know that there are deeper political and constitutional issues involved. You are concentrating on the superficial issues while I have been talking about the silent/hidden drivers. Clearly, the only myopic person here is YOU.

4. Did you not see where I wrote (more than once) that Mr Orji Kalu should quickly take the matter to court so that we can raise all the (silent/hidden) issues and test the federal system we claim to operate? Show me where I condemned Mr Kalu or any other person because of his tribe. Face the issues.

5. I beg your pardon! Why would you even try to compare the British system with ours? The peoples are different and the systems are very different. The evolution of their society is different and they have strong institutions rather than the strong men and weak institutions that we have here.

6. I bear no grudge towards anyone or tribe and those who are familiar with me on this forum know what I stand for and I don't care about what you think or choose to hold on to. I believe that my tribe is not superior or inferior to any other in the world. Simple. If you don't like this, you can do whatever you like to yourself. No apologies.

7. Wait, how does supporting this action of Fasola makes anyone a Yoruba bigot? The same Fasola had 'deported' persons to Osun and Oyo states in the past and even Peter Obi and Liyel Imoke and the FCT are also guilty of the same offence? So where is the tribal bigotry here? With this, you may have unwittingly unmasked your real identity or subdued bigotry.

8. I also do not care about your own tribe or location on the planet. In any case, the ignorance and disjointed posts you have emotionally put here show that you're detached from the reality in Nigeria. The pointers here, from 7 above, also portray you as a closet bigot who is ready to fight Fasola ALONE on the issue that others are also guilty of.

9. This (detachment from reality and/or closet bigotry) is why it's not a surprise that you did not address any of the issues which I raised, in response to your earlier question, on how our current constitution came into being.

10. I have numbered/listed out all these with a view to helping you grasp the issues. This should help if unnumbered prose didn't work. There is no profit in repetitions which do not address the issues; except the 'repetitor' (whose 50% of his posts - 3 out of 6 - talk about this) is a stammerer or tactlessly hiding his inherent bigotry.

11. I also advise that you should stay on the issues and throw less tantrums and hidden abuse in your responses. You might get emotional but facts are sacred.

4 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Pukkah: 3:18pm On Aug 15, 2013
Allen-jones:

Well expressed! My bro, pls do not waste words with a hardened apologist and patent tribalist who sees everything wrong with Nigeria but not his own tribe's contribution to Nigeria's misfortune!

What's this one saying?

Have you been following the issues at all?

On this forum, only a mischievous fool or pathologically ignorant person would describe me as a hardened apologist or patent tribalist. You sure know how to use words anyhow and carelessly.

Like I told the other person (let me also pretend that you're not the same person as him), I believe that my tribe is not superior or inferior to any other in the world. Simple. If you don't like this, you can do whatever you like to yourself. No apologies.

Quit whining and face the issues.

Prove your case like a man!

All the posts you have to your credit have tribal slants and you have the audacity and effrontery to call another person a tribal bigot!

Wonders shall never end.

Is it a coincidence that you registered on the same date as the other man? You have all the signs of an impostor. I challenge you to drop your mask and engage me like a man. Stop hiding. Stop whining.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Pukkah: 9:35pm On Aug 30, 2013
It's now one month that Orji Kalu threatened to go to court.

Is any one aware of any case in any court on this matter?

Or has Mr Kalu changed his mind?

Even if he has changed his mind, courtesy demands that he gets back to us. tongue

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Pukkah: 9:40pm On Aug 30, 2013
dukkieson:

Hope you're aware that Niger state will soon start to 'deport' beggars.

https://www.nairaland.com/1418506/niger-state-start-repatriating-street

You've got something to say?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Twitter Meter Analysis: PDP, 1.87% National Penetration And APC, 16.18%(PICS) / Buhari And Osinbajo Meet With Members Of House Of Reps(photos) / Photos: Buhari Meets APC Governors In Aso Rock

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.