Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,178 members, 7,896,997 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 06:36 AM

Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos (27849 Views)

Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges / VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects / Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Skmoda360(m): 2:21pm On Jul 30, 2013
chi 3280: Kalu, stop wasting your time with threats. the deportees are already on their way back to Lagos. grin
Most of 'em don dey lagos sef...
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by vitiyke(m): 2:24pm On Jul 30, 2013
hmmm. fashola again.....wat is it wt dis man by d way. pls if I may ask, is true dat he was a lawyer or ws he a charge nd bail lawyer ... whr are out so called ohaneze- ndigbo nd our lawmakers? hmmm. fashola again.....wat is it wt dis man by d way. pls if I may ask, is true dat he was a lawyer or ws he a charge nd bail lawyer ... whr are out so called ohaneze- ndigbo nd our lawmakers? hmmm. fashola again.....wat is it wt dis man by d way. pls if I may ask, is true dat he was a lawyer or ws he a charge nd bail lawyer ... whr are out so called ohaneze- ndigbo nd our lawmakers?

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jul 30, 2013
EmekaAkin:

Thank you for joining the discussion. How markate? Your brother said that Almustapha that killed Kudirat is now free, my question is did the Great Black Scorpion go to prison at all? Do you know him obi? Are you aware of his great exploits?

That is alfaman...alfa sizler and the so many numerous alfas as monikers....he generate monikers by the seconds....

Go easy on him...or else you will get him banned

...like Nando..he has short temper fuse....and that always earn him daily ban...very notorious dude.
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Skmoda360(m): 2:32pm On Jul 30, 2013
Pukkah: Some Nigerians can speak from both sides of their mouths.

On one hand, they want Nigeria to break up, on the other hand, they run away from acts that can quicken the break-up.

On one hand, they say Yorubas are cowards, on the other hand, when Yoruba take bold and uncommon actions like Fasola has done, they start whining.

If you're really serious about the disintegration of Nigeria and you're not cowards, why not respond in kind?

On one hand, they refuse to support the call for a special status for Lagos (as recommended by the Murtala administration when Abuja was created), on the other hand, they expect Lagos to cater for destitutes and unemployed people from its meagre allocation and IGR. Right now, Lagos is bursting at the seams.

On one hand, they jubilate when Fasola sends back Yorubas to Osogbo or Ibadan, or Hausas to the North, but wail when he does the same to them.

Should all roads lead to Lagos when it comes to freebies?

On one hand, they lampoon Fasola for not being a good administrator of a mega and unsupported city of Lagos, but they shed tears when Fasola tries to shed weight of redundant people from the state.

Honestly, what Fasola is doing is the best to ignite debates on the structure of this country. If you're bold, address the fundamentals and don't whine.

How much of VAT and Port revenues come to Lagos? How much goes to Kano? How much goes to Ebonyi or Ekiti?

Orji Kalu should please hasten the court action. This may well be the beginning of true fiscal federalism or the end of the faulty contraption by Lugard and his mistress.

Na so
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jul 30, 2013
vitiyke: hmmm. fashola again.....wat is it wt dis man by d way. pls if I may ask, is true dat he was a lawyer or ws he a charge nd bail lawyer ... whr are out so called ohaneze- ndigbo nd our lawmakers? hmmm. fashola again.....wat is it wt dis man by d way. pls if I may ask, is true dat he was a lawyer or ws he a charge nd bail lawyer ... whr are out so called ohaneze- ndigbo nd our lawmakers? hmmm. fashola again.....wat is it wt dis man by d way. pls if I may ask, is true dat he was a lawyer or ws he a charge nd bail lawyer ... whr are out so called ohaneze- ndigbo nd our lawmakers?

Diarrhea dey worry this one? undecided
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by naijatruth: 2:34pm On Jul 30, 2013
Maxymilliano:
Former Governor of Abia State, Chief Orji Uzor Kalu

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/kalu-threatens-to-sue-fashola-over-forced-relocation-of-igbos/154823/
Just Waitin 4 Soyinka & co 2 condemn these act.
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by longjon: 2:37pm On Jul 30, 2013
Pukkah:

Of course yes. Don't forget VAT and revenues from the ports too.

Have you forgotten what happened when Tinubu tried to create additional LGs? OBJ withheld the state's allocations.

Ok. But if every state were to control resources , then Lagos would have to rely on mostly its only 'natural resource' : people
It's the people who pay the tax that contributes 85% of its IGR.

Please which other resources are you referring to ?
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Pukkah: 2:38pm On Jul 30, 2013
odomanis: Tribalism ! Discrimination ! Nepotism ! All, the bane of NIGERIA.

Have you noticed that no yoruba here has ever said that what FASHOLA did is wrong. Only Igbos have criticised the action.
And people still call NIGERIA a country. BIG ERROR !

Do you have the bio-data of all those that have posted here?
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by geez1: 2:40pm On Jul 30, 2013
[b]Obviously Kalu is trying to score a cheap political point

It is on record that Yorubas control sectors that dominate the GDP of Lagos

It's no wonder a government like Lagos can look through its books and consider some people very dispensable

Apart from not contributing to the growth of the economy, they are stalling it through crime and the sale of substandard and adulterated products

Seven different sectors dominate economic activities in Lagos State, led by manufacturing which, interestingly, contributes 29.60 percent of the state’s GDP figures. Road transport follows closely contributing an average of 26.47 percent of economic activities in the state. Other sectors in order of dominance include building and construction (19.60 percent); wholesale and retail (8.39 percent); telecommunications (3.71 percent); financial institutions (3.51 percent); and real estate (2.01 percent). The seven sectors account for 93.39 percent of economic activities in the state.

Now tell me which if the seven sectors listed above that the Yorubas don't dominate. Wholesale and Retail? Just 8.39%
[/b]

8 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by longjon: 2:41pm On Jul 30, 2013
omiobo:
True federalism is the solution, if Lagos will survive or not,should not be your concern,it should be yorubas. I'm of the opinion that each state should live on what they have. Lagos has been the way it is even when there was no oil.

I perfectly agree. However the less people there are in Lagos, the less tax accrues to the state purse
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Costa2000(m): 3:47pm On Jul 30, 2013
wey Rojas?,abi he no go talk because na fash do am.yeye ppl.
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Pukkah: 3:53pm On Jul 30, 2013
longjon:

Ok. But if every state were to control resources , then Lagos would have to rely on mostly its only 'natural resource' : people
It's the people who pay the tax that contributes 85% of its IGR.

Please which other resources are you referring to ?

I have answered this earlier.

Check out the first republic in Nigeria before the advent of lazy sharing of oil revenue came into the picture. Which of the regions grew at the fastest rate?

Does a country necessarily need natural resources to develop? No.

Are all the developed countries of the world rich in natural resources? No.

Are all the countries that are rich in natural resources developed? No.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by seanet01: 3:57pm On Jul 30, 2013
All this na threat.
You cannot do anything...
OUK is a fool

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Pukkah: 3:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
longjon:

I perfectly agree. However the less people there are in Lagos, the less tax accrues to the state purse

And the less the burden on the state's purse. Let each state cut its coat according to its cloth.

People should earn their keep.

People should get used to working and not expecting handouts.

The only people who deserve concessions are the old and the handicapped with some level of understanding for those that are willing to work but are unemployed.

3 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by afoo02(m): 4:05pm On Jul 30, 2013
3ace: Considering the opportunity given to an igbo man to serve under Fashola, I wonder what could have prompted him to do this to same tribe.

Money! Money!!
Money!!!
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by afoo02(m): 4:09pm On Jul 30, 2013
Pukkah: Some Nigerians can speak from both sides of their mouths.

On one hand, they want Nigeria to break up, on the other hand, they run away from acts that can quicken the break-up.

On one hand, they say Yorubas are cowards, on the other hand, when Yoruba take bold and uncommon actions like Fasola has done, they start whining.

If you're really serious about the disintegration of Nigeria and you're not cowards, why not respond in kind?

On one hand, they refuse to support the call for a special status for Lagos (as recommended by the Murtala administration when Abuja was created), on the other hand, they expect Lagos to cater for destitutes and unemployed people from its meagre allocation and IGR. Right now, Lagos is bursting at the seams.

On one hand, they jubilate when Fasola sends back Yorubas to Osogbo or Ibadan, or Hausas to the North, but wail when he does the same to them.

Should all roads lead to Lagos when it comes to freebies?

On one hand, they lampoon Fasola for not being a good administrator of a mega and unsupported city of Lagos, but they shed tears when Fasola tries to shed weight of redundant people from the state.

Honestly, what Fasola is doing is the best to ignite debates on the structure of this country. If you're bold, address the fundamentals and don't whine.

How much of VAT and Port revenues come to Lagos? How much goes to Kano? How much goes to Ebonyi or Ekiti?

Orji Kalu should please hasten the court action. This may well be the beginning of true fiscal federalism or the end of the faulty contraption by Lugard and his mistress.
. Winner!!
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Dxpolymath(m): 4:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
don't recall Jews telling Germans they own they own Berlin or Hamburg or anywhere.
I don't remember Jews calling Germans lazy and cowards and bragging about what they didn't have.
Are ibos the only non natives in Lagos? Are Kenyans and Zimbabweans also Nazis?
The truth is that Ibos suck at relating to other people.
And by the way, if you are really a Lagosian you will known that your Nazi analogy is quite foolish“
Nigeria is our fatherland buh lagos was first yorubaland,naija made up of diverse cultures and beliefs held by its people in different parts of the country, so pls just respect d customs of ur hosts.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by BinghiNya(m): 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
OUK is a certified Tomfool, he is a noise maker
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by surecan: 4:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
Lagos was developed by the federal govt of Nigeria when it was the federal capital,it is not build by the Yoruba's and it is the money from the Eastern and Southern Nigeria were used.In the history of the world,i have not seen a country deporting its citizen to another state and it is not in d constitution of any kind,Fashola and those supporting his action must face the music.One Nigeria my foot

2 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by baby124: 4:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
Why was all this noise not made when northerners and SWers were reunited? I am just curious. Or was OUK in a coma then

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by sylve11: 5:13pm On Jul 30, 2013
DIVINE78:
I pity your grammar more than I pity you.

grin cool
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by emmasege: 5:19pm On Jul 30, 2013
What do u expect from the thiefnubus? When 2015 comes, make u (igbo) people vote for them again. No be u dey join dem say eko o ni baje. It's time u teamed up with the Lagos PDP in 2015 so that every trace of Hausa could be wiped off Alahusa. And am happy that Lagos christian indigenes have woken up from their slumber. Lagos deserves better than these Pharaohs who unnecessarily impose too many dos and donts as if in slavery.
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by kcpumping(m): 5:32pm On Jul 30, 2013
Could this be a country? Am so disappointed....hatreD, tribalism and nepotism burns in ur blood bt worst of it all is deceit which is ur birthright...why yoruba man y?well to be frank some of ur brodas ar fair bt u will always see traces of dat tribal issue in them...even in our churches it is excess,y?you can never see an average housa man wether in d north or west worship in d same mosque with a yoruba man, now I know y.anyway I rather admonish all to live in peace for heaven sake.
Back to d topic....Fashola is very wrong in his action and I blame d ibos for their ignorants and non challant attitude.my take
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
[/b][b] ALL I KNOW IS THAT IBOS OR IGBOS OR BIAFRA MUST GO
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by josite: 6:01pm On Jul 30, 2013
fashola is wrong and must admit to some excess in his actions.even criminal matters are brought as if lagos is a country e'g.people of lagos ,the state of lagos vs opeyemi instead of dpp vs opeyemi.kalu will win.if they are Nigerians and they commit any crime,you try them in court , not deport them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

How We Defeated Jonathan – Tinubu / PDP Bot Bars Members From Campaigning For Atiku, Saraki, Others / Burial Photos And Video Of Shehu Shagari In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.