Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,603 members, 7,878,732 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:43 AM

Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos (27800 Views)

Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges / VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects / Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
Iykopee:

U cant speak for the people of south west and south south d same time..gone are the days we were told lies againts d igbo people.. Now the real enemies of south south is u, and ur slave masters up north.
What if I tell you I'm an Itsekiri man from Delta State?
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
backtosender: o boyy u study under bridge for ekiti? AK is correct go and Google county o boyy u study under bridge for ekiti? AK is correct go back to proper school county is a correct word

Another sheer waste trying to justify a blunder.

County surely is an English word....but replacing CENTURY with COUNTY is taking English word usage into the absurd

1 Like

kooto:
So Rivers state is Igbo land? I am just hearing that for the first time,I thought Anambra,Enugu,Imo,Abia... are the Igbo states,if Rivers is Igbo state Bayelsa too should be an Igbo state.can a Rivers man or woman please comfirm this?[not in support of what Fashola did though].
we hv an igbo speaking rivers state, evn thr so called ikwerre is twisted igbo.
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by IYANGBALI: 12:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
Land_of_M&H:

We have come to a point where Biafra is about to be actualized. grin
who cares?bring it on grin

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
backtosender: hahahahahaha that means southeast will lack shoe markers and taxi drivers no we need them..

Am sure...those taxi drivers can sponsor you for a better education.

Stop disgracing well schooled and polished Igbos.. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 30, 2013
ak47mann: cool coolcoward of the county cool
You're Johnny (Yellow), the real coward of the county.
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by WildChild00(m): 12:51pm On Jul 30, 2013
EmekaAkin:

It is clear I cannot communicate to you in English, go and read my posts very slowly then just maybe you will get m.

You refused to answer me- how are non-indigenes and non-Nigerians treated in the Niger-Delta - enlighten us. For someone ready to call Fashola barbaric, please explain how you treat people in the Niger-Delta?

Now I no where you're heading to, what happened to the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria, that is what all states Governors in the Niger Delta region follows, that is the best answer to you question, anything outside the constitution is non and void accord to the law. So tell me, was your Governor following the constitution? Dont tell me he is above the constitution.
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by DICKtator: 12:54pm On Jul 30, 2013
DIVINE78:
Why are Igbo leaders shameless Kalu has taken shamelessness to a new height. This is a man that was a governor for 8 good years in Igboland, he did nothing to better the lot of his people but colluded with his mother to rob the state blind. Fashola is working and therefore every Dick and Harry from igboland wants to be in Lagos. Lagos is overpopulated for goodness sake. Go back to igbo land. Your governors receive monthly allocation from the FG just like Lagos.
It is bad enough nothing attracts an outsider to Abia state where Kalu was gov for 8 years but to come out and threaten to sue Fashola makes one wonder if common sense hasn't eluded Kalu and his co-travelers on NL. Shame! shame!! shame!!!

Seun,pyguru,sSPERMBOT and Nairaland are working!!!!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jul 30, 2013
Ola Johnson:
You're Johnny (Yellow), the real coward of the county.

The guy has always been my target practice on NL since 2007...he never learn. grin
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by backtosender: 12:55pm On Jul 30, 2013
ilugunboy:

Another sheer waste trying to justify a blunder.

County surely is an English word....but replacing CENTURY with COUNTY is taking English word usage into the absurd
i can see u cant keep constructive discussion always diverting subjects go back and read what he wrote i believe he meant county not country village boy....
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by TheBookWorm: 12:56pm On Jul 30, 2013
Fashola is not waging a war against Igbo people.

He is waging a war on poor people. The governor has deported fellow Yoruba before as well as Hausa.

The common link is that they all were said to be beggars.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by backtosender: 12:57pm On Jul 30, 2013
ilugunboy:

Am sure...those taxi drivers can sponsor you for a better education.

Stop disgracing well schooled and polished Igbos.. undecided
here we go again undecided undecided undecided
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by iichidodo: 12:57pm On Jul 30, 2013
IYA NGBALI: you are not leaving lagos yet the place and the people are dirty,what an irony.. Vote for whoever you like in 2015,it wont change our stand of sending you back to your village,enough is enough,send my people back home to us. KOLOMU GBOMU IYA E
Lagos like its indigenes is dirty, we are only here to take advantages of its vast opportunities and if your people don't like it they can jump into that gutter you call a Lagoon. 2015 pdp is takin over lagos. KOLOMU GBOMU IYA E
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
WildChild00:

Now I no where you're heading to, what happened to the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria, that is what all states Governors in the Niger Delta region follows, that is the best answer to you question, anything outside the constitution is non and void accord to the law. So tell me, was your Governor following the constitution? Dont tell me he is above the constitution.

I insist that his actions are constitutional. Disprove it.

So you are telling me that non-indigenes and non-Nigerians in the Niger-Delta are treated fairly under the constitution? I think it is very ironic and laughable for someone from the Niger-Delta to be calling Fashola barbaric
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 30, 2013
iichidodo: Lagos like its indigenes is dirty, we are only here to take advantages of its vast opportunities and if the your people don't like it they can into that gutter you call a Lagoon. 2015 pdp is takin over lagos. KOLOMU GBOMU IYA E

Yeah I know the Mods here would not ban you because of obvious reasons. if it was a Yoruba poster - we all know what will have happened
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by mascot87(m): 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2013
Gentle Naaz: guy dnt b stew pid. Gv Orji Uzor Kalu a place to stand, he wl scrape BH n all ds miscreants in North n our Nation at large.
One word describes u :Ode
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by TheBookWorm: 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2013
Lagos is no city for poor people. Similar to what is said of Abuja.

But Fashola is clearing out the poor people sneakily. undecided
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by longjon: 1:04pm On Jul 30, 2013
Pukkah:

This matter is simple. Embrace true fiscal federalism. Support true political federalism.

How much of VAT is generated in Lagos state? What percentage of VAT revenue comes back to Lagos state?

According to the official sharing of revenue, Lagos only gets slightly higher than Kano. In terms of economic power, is people not more important than land mass?

Let's say in a typical month, Lagos gets an allocation of N48.5 billion followed by Kano with N31.9 billion. In that same month, Akwa Ibom gets N104 billion, followed by Rivers N99.1 billion, Delta N90.4 billion, and Bayelsa N49 billion.

I agree that having a high population will increase consumption, but the benefits of that does not come when others (whose burdensome people troop to Lagos) share in the benefits. There are also redundant people that are taking more from Lagos than they are giving. Honestly, why can't their home states support them? Why should the burden be on Lagos?

You may say that what of oil revenue? Let all states hold on to their resources and other sources of revenue and give back only a token to the central government.

The states make up the federation. The Federal Government exists because states exist and not the other way round. Let states take care of their people. Let the Federal Government only bother itself about common issues like currency, borders, external security, foreign policies and trade, immigration, etc.

The shameful situation we have today is rewarding the lazy people and obscuring the efforts of hardworking people. With this, the region(s) that many people generally think would suffer may come out stronger.

Why should states go cap in hand to Abuja every month? Eh?

Why should Lagos, or any other state in the Federation, support the citizens of other states? Eh?

If Fasola imposes taxes, they complain. Yet they know that Lagos is disadvantaged when it comes to federal allocation. If he ejects those that can't even pay taxes, they scream. What do they expect him to do?

Did you say all states should hold onto their resources ? Can Lagos survive on its IGR alone ?

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by T9ksy(m): 1:04pm On Jul 30, 2013
ak47mann: PDP will take over lagos go and mark my word..APC unregistered and undemocratic party is finish...

See enemies of progress. All the more reason why Fashola need to re-unite more Igbos with their families because you guys have never wished us well. You come to our land with next to nothing on you except the shirt on your back, we accommodate you, provide a safe and conducive environment for you to survive and prosper- something that your own elected leaders could not avail you with in your homestead but how do you repay us? By wishing to take over our land, destroy our culture, our self-identity plus trying to bring PDP back into our region knowing fully well how the last PDP representatives in our region, practically left our land in tatters. We had to fight long and hard to rid our region of PDP and here you are hoping they are back. Are you so envious of our progress that you will want PDP back to stem it?

You guys are enemies of progress and should be rounded up and sent back to your erosion-ravaged, kidnappers and grandnappers infested region. Your continued presence in our midst does not augur well for us.

YOU ARE THE ENEMIES WITHIN!

Ti iku ile oba pani................................yoruba ronu o!!!

5 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by beautyng(f): 1:04pm On Jul 30, 2013
nice step my man, am proud of ndi igbo
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 30, 2013
backtosender: i can see u cant keep constructive discussion always diverting subjects go back and read what he wrote i believe he meant county not country village boy....

grin grin grin grin grin town boy.....but you are still acting like a cave man brought to town....you know what they say about the pig or the Hippopotamus ? cheesy grin
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by iichidodo: 1:06pm On Jul 30, 2013
EmekaAkin:

Yeah I know the Mods here would not ban you because of obvious reasons. if it was a Yoruba poster - we all know what will have happened
Look well mister and youd'see the mods did their job oh i forgot you r xenophobically blind with tribalism too see. By the way .Why didnt dey ban you too
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Kelechi2020(m): 1:07pm On Jul 30, 2013
Tochiokoye: From the comments am reading here, the future is not really bright How can someone pretend that deporting certain people cos they came from one ethnic group is a thing to be appLauded..what OUK said is the gosple truth the constitution embodied the term freedom of movement in any section of the country in as much as u did not commit any crime in which case the court can settle it and not being baggaged back to ur village..what Fashola did is constitutionally Wrong and should not be encouraged because this may go a long way in setting a precedence that other state Governors will imbibe #myOpinion#
we the ibo started it.abia in particular.they even deported dia own brodas

2 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by eagleeye2: 1:09pm On Jul 30, 2013
It's a pity that OUK and T.A. Orji are no longer in good terms. This is the time I would have love both men to team and hand pick all the foreigners doing both legit business and otherwise and send them all packing from Abia State. Those two OUK & T.A. Orji are the only two Igbo Leaders I know that can take such actions.
I saw this type of shitz happening when I was schooling in Lag. Tejuosho Market demolition and subsequent rebuilt was the danger signal that most Igbos ignored...
I guess the worst is yet to happen to Igbos before they will look home-wards.
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by omiobo: 1:09pm On Jul 30, 2013
9icest:

Abi. The same criminal who raped his state financially and ethically is now making noise.
Mr. Kalu, how many people of Abia did you turn to destitutes, gala hawkers, baby making factories dealers, armed robbers and immigrants in foreign lands? Im happy you are dealing with a SAN, someone whose actions are always within the confines of the law. You can sue the entire Yoruba race for all I care. And Im sincerely DARE you guys should start deporting Yorubas. I SINCERELY pray you do... Please hurry and lets see what this fall-out will lead to.
Haba, the state says it doesnt want excesses of beggars, and prowlers without jobs or identity who do nothing but harm its citizens...na wetin tongue
When LSG detained the beggars for 6months,why didn't their relatives bail them,if they have relatives as they claimed? So Kalu wan sue Fashola for doing the favour of reuniting the beggars with their relatives. Somebody must be Mr Jones!

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Pukkah: 1:09pm On Jul 30, 2013
longjon:

Did you say all states should hold onto their resources ? Can Lagos survive on its IGR alone ?

Of course yes. Don't forget VAT and revenues from the ports too.

Have you forgotten what happened when Tinubu tried to create additional LGs? OBJ withheld the state's allocations.
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 30, 2013
iichidodo: Look well mister and youd'see the mods did their job oh i forgot you r xenophobically blind with tribalism too see. By the way .Why didnt dey ban you too

Stop forcing yourself to speak English, it doesnt suit you. I was addressing the Mods and not you, people have said less worse than you and have been handed a month ban but hey we all know the politics of the forum.
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 30, 2013
T9ksy:

See enemies of progress. All the more reason why Fashola need to re-unite more Igbos with their families because you guys have never wished us well. You come to our land with next to nothing on you except the shirt on your back, we accommodate you, provide a safe and conducive environment for you to survive and prosper- something that your own elected leaders could not avail you with in your homestead but how do you repay us? By wishing to take over our land, destroy our culture, our self-identity plus trying to bring PDP back into our region knowing fully well how the last PDP representatives in our region, practically left our land in tatters. We had to fight long and hard to rid our region of PDP and here you are hoping they are back. Are you so envious of our progress that you will want PDP back to stem it?

You guys are enemies of progress and should be rounded up and sent back to your erosion-ravaged, kidnappers and grandnappers infested region. Your continued presence in our midst does not augur well for us.

YOU ARE THE ENEMIES WITHIN!

Ti iku ile oba pani................................yoruba ronu o!!!

Nothing new....they wish us evil everyday...and they cannot wait to pop champagne at the opportunity of evil befallen Lagos and or any part of the SW.

3 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by WildChild00(m): 1:13pm On Jul 30, 2013
EmekaAkin:

I insist that his actions are constitutional. Disprove it.

So you are telling me that non-indigenes and non-Nigerians in the Niger-Delta are treated fairly under the constitution? I think it is very ironic and laughable for someone from the Niger-Delta to be calling Fashola barbaric

And I disagree with you totally, the Governor's action was unconstitutional the last time I checked, the Nigeria constitution was a writen constituition, and it is visiable for every learnt individual to read and understand, likewise you too, u can get a copy and prove me wrong. By re-uniting/deporting fellow citizens to their respective states, a visit to any of those Niger-delta region will, give u a true picture, der is absolutely nothing laughable about it.
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by iichidodo: 1:16pm On Jul 30, 2013
EmekaAkin:

Stop forcing yourself to speak English, it doesnt suit you. I was addressing the Mods and not you, people have said less worse than you and have been handed a month ban but hey we all know the politics of the forum.
Aaaww. Sorry yeh. Cry me a river.
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by eagleeye2: 1:17pm On Jul 30, 2013
TheBookWorm: Fashola is not waging a war against Igbo people.

He is waging a war on poor people. The governor has deported fellow Yoruba before as well as Hausa.

The common link is that they all were said to be beggars.
I believe that we both are viewing this from the same angle. Fashola wants to turn Lagos to a Modern City within 8years, and he thinks he wil meet his Target date by pushing away the poor.
While doing my masters, I told some friends that Lagos State Govt. is Anti-Poor people.
Thank God someone else believe so too. But, he (Fashola) may meet his water-loo if he doesn't take it easy with the Igbos.
Re: Orji Kalu Threatens To Sue Fashola Over Forced Relocation Of Igbos by Nobody: 1:18pm On Jul 30, 2013
iichidodo: Aaaww. Sorry yeh. Cry me a river.

Lmao you make me laugh, remember who the forum belongs to though. As always we are always one step ahead of the game wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Joy Ezechikamnayo Awarded Scholarship & N500k As Abia One-Day Governor (Photos) / Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi / Governor Adeleke Addresses Osun People, Says Claim Of Over-voting Unfounded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.