Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,352 members, 7,881,300 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 04:14 PM

Domain Name Business - Business (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Domain Name Business (86573 Views)

*must Read* All You Need To Know About Domain Name Business / Have You Ever Tried Domain Name Selling Online Without Success? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 30, 2013
I concur
mikelreal: invalid state ? got that also when I was using the mobile platform, since urz is still showin on ur pc, I suggest u still use ur pc to empty your cart, clear your catche, and make sure the coupn ua using is valid, you can use any of the coupons above.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 30, 2013
mikelreal: invalid state ? got that also when I was using the mobile platform, since urz is still showin on ur pc, I suggest u still use ur pc to empty your cart, clear your catche, and make sure the coupn ua using is valid, you can use any of the coupons above.
2s£xy:
Chei... Sorry bro. Your case is Problem raised to 100.

Solution: get a friend to help you register them and transfer your account. You pay them the equivalent non-inflated price in naira.

thanks guys

I'll try out both options

2sexy's advice will have to be my last resort

Thanks a million

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 30, 2013
also Go to My Account->Account Settings and change
N/A to NA and save changes.
and also
Also setup your buyers profile My Account->
Account Settings-> Domain Registration Defaults.
When you get the pop-up registration details
box at the top of the box select your profile and
click on apply preferences.
if all these dont work, then 2sexy answer is d last option

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 8:38am On Aug 30, 2013
my newest addition GlowData.com. abeg how you see am @2sexy cool
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 30, 2013
GreenwichApartments.co.uk

Grab it and try your luck at Domainlore.co.uk.

I would have registered it but I don't have funds on my card until next week...
Re: Domain Name Business by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:53am On Aug 30, 2013
2s£xy:
BODIS is just parking website. I have never heard people sell domains there.

Bodis is also for safe escrow. Hence Escrow.com doesn't take Nigerians. You can park your domain while looking for buyers. When you contact them, you let them know that you will use bodis.com safe escrow.

That makes you more trust worthy because of the way we have been tarnished online.
Re: Domain Name Business by thegoodjoehunt(m): 8:58am On Aug 30, 2013
Okattamgbee: thank man i checked on goddady and is still available

If the domain is important to you, register it. Some domainers have accused godaddy of stealing domains. Even though I don't think it is true, register it quickly to be safe.
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 9:06am On Aug 30, 2013
2s£xy:
GreenwichApartments.co.uk

Grab it and try your luck at Domainlore.co.uk.

I would have registered it but I don't have funds on my card until next week...

you didnt tell me what u think. i followed ur 'data' suggestion
Re: Domain Name Business by Jamji: 9:07am On Aug 30, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Bodis is also for safe escrow. Hence Escrow.com doesn't take Nigerians. You can park your domain while looking for buyers. When you contact them, you let them know that you will use bodis.com safe escrow.

That makes you more trust worthy because of the way we have been tarnished online.

now i get the full gist.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by oladayo042: 11:42am On Aug 30, 2013
@Mikelreal

Did you use the same name and home address for all the Sedo accounts you opened? Sedo has closed my account twice and I don't feel like registering with the same name again. Can you help list some of my domains with your Sedo account?
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 30, 2013
oladayo042: @Mikelreal

Did you use the same name and home address for all the Sedo accounts you opened? Sedo has closed my account twice and I don't feel like registering with the same name again. Can you help list some of my domains with your Sedo account?
I used d name and addy on my voters card, or u use d name and addy on any i.d card u wantu use, and ua free to pm wit the domains, doe its better u get ur account, open a new hushmail email account..takes less dan 2mins and re~apply with all d pictures of ur documents in ur fone, so u will just send it to dem tru ur account at once.
Re: Domain Name Business by oladayo042: 12:34pm On Aug 30, 2013
mikelreal: I used d name and addy on my voters card, or u use d name and addy on any i.d card u wantu use, and ua free to pm wit the domains, doe its better u get ur account, open a new hushmail email account..takes less dan 2mins and re~apply with all d pictures of ur documents in ur fone, so u will just send it to dem tru ur account at once.
Do you mean you uploaded your ID card and utility bill along with the membership certification form (even when they are yet to ask for them)? If yes, that may explain why my accounts were closed.

I will register later when I get my own passport. I just sent a message to your Yahoomail. Just list all of them with 'make an offer'. Thanks.
Re: Domain Name Business by Okattamgbee: 12:44pm On Aug 30, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

If the domain is important to you, register it. Some domainers have accused godaddy of stealing domains. Even though I don't think it is true, register it quickly to be safe.
ok. But i ve not registered domain name before, can i use Gtb master card for the registration? Thanks
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 30, 2013
yes I did, and you can change d servers for d domains nw, you didnt specify d price foor d domains,doe I think its better I use d sedo appraised price.

update: I ve listed them.
Re: Domain Name Business by oladayo042: 1:05pm On Aug 30, 2013
mikelreal: yes I did, and you can change d servers for d domains nw, you didnt specify d price foor d domains,doe I think its better I use d sedo appraised price.

update: I ve listed them.
Thanks. How does the Sedo appraised price looks like? Bodis also tells you 'this is our appraised price' but after listing a couple of domains with them, I noticed that they always put the same figure of $995.

I'll change the nameservers when I'm on a PC later.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 30, 2013
Incase anyone is still checking the previous page where I posted some available 3L .co domains,no need cos they ve all been registered some minutes ago. sad
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 1:09pm On Aug 30, 2013
oladayo042: Thanks. How does the Sedo appraised price looks like? Bodis also tells you 'this is our appraised price' but after listing a couple of domains with them, I noticed that they always put the same figure of $995.

I'll change the nameservers when I'm on a PC later.
bodis prices re always the same $999, dunno how sedo works buh thier appraised prices seems to make sense, like your realtymanagement is $899, while the creativegiftsideas is $299
Re: Domain Name Business by needful: 1:12pm On Aug 30, 2013
mikelreal: Incase anyone is still checking the previous page where I posted some available 3L .co domains,no need cos they ve all been registered some minutes ago. sad

i registered sij.co but jih.co is availabe as at now.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 1:14pm On Aug 30, 2013
needful:

i registered sij.co but jih.co is availabe as at now.
its gone, I just wentu deposit money only to check n errtn is gone.

Re: Domain Name Business by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:22pm On Aug 30, 2013
Okattamgbee: ok. But i ve not registered domain name before, can i use Gtb master card for the registration? Thanks

I don't kno w much about gtb card. I use Africard with no proboems. If you think is valuable, try and register it.
Re: Domain Name Business by oladayo042: 1:37pm On Aug 30, 2013
@Okattamgbee
I have used two GTB Mastercard so far on GoDaddy and both works fine. Just be ready to upload your ID card and front & back of the atm card to verify ownership of the card, when required to do so.

@mikelreal
You are yet to answer this:
"Do you mean you uploaded your ID card and utility bill along with the membership certification form (evenwhen they are yet to ask for them)? If yes, that may explain why my accounts were closed."
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 2:22pm On Aug 30, 2013
Ola I answered that question, I said "yes I did" in my last reply.
Re: Domain Name Business by Chlbenze: 3:20pm On Aug 30, 2013
Was searching sales in dnsaleprice when i came across milliondollarmyspace .com sold for $700, check godaddy now and saw is available to register. Funny to me grin so domainers is now left for you to analysi nd register if u tink is worth doing. Over to u mikereal

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business by oladayo042: 3:21pm On Aug 30, 2013
@Mikelreal
Nameservers changed to Sedo. I typed in the domains and they are showing adverts only but not showing "This domain is for sale on Sedo for $x,xx", is that how Sedo works or there is a mistake?
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 30, 2013
It is good.
Jamji:

you didnt tell me what u think. i followed ur 'data' suggestion
Re: Domain Name Business by thegoodjoehunt(m): 3:52pm On Aug 30, 2013
Please does anyone know if it is possible to fund Africard another atm card through transfer?
Re: Domain Name Business by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:11pm On Aug 30, 2013
Also, apart from bank payment, any other way to fund Africard?
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 30, 2013
It's africard to africard
thegoodjoehunt: Also, apart from bank payment, any other way to fund Africard?
Re: Domain Name Business by oladayo042: 4:15pm On Aug 30, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: Also, apart from bank payment, any other way to fund Africard?
If I am right, I heard Presegs said somewhere that it can be funded through the internet (online banking) from your Bank account to your Africard.
Re: Domain Name Business by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:18pm On Aug 30, 2013
2s£xy:

Thanks, do you know the direction. For instance is it savings/current? Also I have never done atm transfer, so a brief direction will be okay.
Re: Domain Name Business by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:19pm On Aug 30, 2013
oladayo042: If I am right, I heard Presegs said somewhere that it can be funded through the internet (online banking) from your Bank account to your Africard.

Thanks, I'll try asking him on his thread.
Re: Domain Name Business by thegoodjoehunt(m): 4:22pm On Aug 30, 2013
2s£xy:

Please have you done it before?

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (106) (Reply)

Forex, Foreign stocks and indices Traders Research Room/Lab - / Lady Wore Bum-Short To Ecobank In Abeokuta (Photos) / Free Guide On How To Start Popcorn Buzines, What You Need And How Profitable It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.