Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,369 members, 7,900,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 08:56 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1631) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6085378 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1628) (1629) (1630) (1631) (1632) (1633) (1634) ... (2860) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:07pm On Apr 09, 2018
grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 09, 2018
Nigerian Navy

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 09, 2018
Jesus wept at some of the inanities uttered on Nairaland!!! angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 09, 2018
Repost, but such a great pic.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:42pm On Apr 09, 2018
Vector SS-77 for our resident gun freak

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:03pm On Apr 09, 2018
lionel4power:
Vector SS-77 for our resident gun freak

grin grin grin
So, when are we going to see Nigeria amongst the SS-77 users?
Or are you guys waiting for the DMG-5? CaptainStephen will approve!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:15pm On Apr 09, 2018
Egg-beaters grin grin grin ;

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:25pm On Apr 09, 2018
Frumentum:

grin grin grin
we tend to avoid SA made products...

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 09, 2018
lionel4power:

No you don't. Apart from REVA APCs and other APCs for various state and police forces, check on SIPRI where you source your bullets, mortar tubes, mortar rounds, artillery rounds etc. Oh, and naval vessels for the NA and private industry.

Proper transactions, not planes landing here with cash conveyed by dodgy middlemen. grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:53pm On Apr 09, 2018
SANDF various...

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 09, 2018
Frumentum:

No you don't. Apart from REVA APCs and other APCs for various state and police forces, check on SIPRI where you source your bullets, mortar tubes, mortar rounds, artillery rounds etc. Oh, and naval vessels for the NA and private industry.

Proper transactions, not planes landing here with cash conveyed by dodgy middlemen. grin grin grin
South-Africa is a well known destination for black market transaction. Let's not feign ignorance over this.

The reason why Nigeria took that approach was because the US was blocking all legitimate arms purchases.

The Reva APCs were bought because Eeben Barlow and his team recommended it for the MSF. If we had a genuine interest in the vehicle, a follow-up order would have been initiated. That didn't happen.

Middle men are used in many transactions, even the deal to procure Tucanos from the US also includes payment of middle men.

Only a couple of APCs were purchased by the state police. We mostly source bullets and bombs from Serbia and the Czech Republic. A tradition we have kept since the 60's. Buying a few rounds from South-Africa doesn't change that.

Oga, 14 patrol boats are insignificant especially considering that Nigeria has purchased nearly 600 of them in 3 years.

You can as well wipe that grin off your face.

8 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 09, 2018
Frumentum:

grin grin grin
Captainstephen does not work for any of the procurement departments of the Nigerian military, so he cannot approve.

Besides, Nigeria already has LMGs with a foldable butt-stock, fore-grip, sights and picatinny for other accessories.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by CaptainStephen(m): 10:08pm On Apr 09, 2018
Henry240:

Captainstephen does not work for any of the procurement departments of the Nigerian military, so he cannot approve.

Besides, Nigeria already has LMGs with a foldable butt-stock, fore-grip, sights and picatinny for other accessories.
i am far from such sef grin grin i nor get mouth
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 09, 2018
CaptainStephen:
i am far from such sef grin grin i nor get mouth

Yes quite! Civilians in an internet forum dictate to us what tools we should prefer! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 09, 2018
Henry240:

Middle men are used in many transactions, even the deal to procure Tucanos from the US also includes payment of middle men.

Wrong

deal with US don't involve middle men ever in any capacity. It is a inviolable condition.

Pentagon will sue Ur ass for this grin

Now if u disagree take it up with my assistant the grinning evil racoon grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 09, 2018
Henry240:

South-Africa is a well known destination for black market transaction. Let's not feign ignorance over this.

The reason why Nigeria took that approach was because the US was blocking all legitimate arms purchases.

The Reva APCs were bought because Eeben Barlow and his team recommended it for the MSF. If we had a genuine interest in the vehicle, a follow-up order would have been initiated. That didn't happen.

Only a couple of APCs were purchased by the state police. We mostly source bullets and bombs from Serbia and the Czech Republic. A tradition we have kept since the 60's. Buying a few rounds from South-Africa doesn't change that.

Oga, 14 patrol boats are insignificant especially considering that Nigeria has purchased nearly 600 of them in 3 years.

Seeing this conversation had nothing to do with you, I'll be generous.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:19pm On Apr 09, 2018
nemesis4u:

Wrong

deal with US don't involve middle men ever in any capacity. It is a inviolable condition.

Now if u disagree take it up with my assistant the grinning evil racoon grin grin grin

It does. Read up on the purchase of Nigerian Air Force Super Tucanos. I'll look for that link and post it here.

It was shared here in this thread.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 09, 2018
Frumentum:

Seeing this conversation had nothing to do with you, I'll be generous.
That's your best come-back? undecided undecided undecided

I feel sorry for you.

Whatever discussion that concerns Nigeria, is my concern. Especially when it's coming from a South-African eager to churn out "quarter-truths" as fact.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 09, 2018
Henry240:

It does. Read up on the purchase of Nigerian Air Force Super Tucanos. I'll look for that link and post it here.

It was shared here in this thread.

It does not , I have dealt with this stuff sir.

No offence ur miss informed

U can google for FMS deals , Pentagon is the sole representative agency for any foreign client , no middle men allowed in any capacity , it's the very reason why FMS was launched in the first place to cut out middle men and corruption.

Anyways no wahala just posted what I knew wink

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 09, 2018
nemesis4u:

It does not , I have dealt with this stuff sir.

No offence ur miss informed

U can google for FMS deals , Pentagon is the sole representative agency for any foreign client

Anyways no wahala just posted what I knew wink
At my own time, i'll search for the link and share here again.

No need going back and forth.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 09, 2018
Henry240:

That's your best come-back? undecided undecided undecided

I feel sorry for you.

Whatever discussion that concerns Nigeria, is my concern. Especially when it's coming from a South-African eager to churn out "quarter-truths" as fact.

For a proven liar and coward, you do expect too much.
Now kindly sod off.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:46pm On Apr 09, 2018
Frumentum:

[s]For a proven liar and coward, you do expect too much.
Now kindly sod off.[/s]
"Really brilliant post".

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 09, 2018
Henry240:

"Really brilliant post".
Cowardly liars get the response they deserve grin grin grin!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SternProphet: 11:45pm On Apr 09, 2018
Henry240:

At my own time, i'll search for the link and share here again.

No need going back and forth.

Sierra Nevada is not a middle man in the transaction you are referring to. They are the OEM. There is no middle man in . There may be temporary contractors doing stuff for either party to be paid for services... but no commercial middle men taking commissions.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:47pm On Apr 09, 2018
SternProphet:

Sierra Nevada is not a middle man in the transaction you are referring to. They are the OEM. There is no middle man in . There may be temporary contractors doing stuff for either party to be paid for services... but no commercial middle men taking commissions.
I've seen the post. It's a Daily-trust report speculating on the reasons the deal is exorbitant.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 10, 2018
Straight after acquiring 12 Cheetahs from Denel, Draken International signs agreement with Paramount for the overhaul and engineering support of 22 ex-Spanish Air Force Mirage F1 fighters.

With the completion of the procurement phase, the Mirage F1Ms will now undergo reassembly, restoration and airworthiness certification by Paramount Aerospace Systems at Draken’s Lakeland, Florida, maintenance facility. Paramount Aerospace specializes in the modernization of fixed wing platforms including leading the previous modernization of the Mirage F1M while still in Spanish Air Force military service. Paramount possess extensive capabilities on the Mirage F1 with full airframe and engine overhaul capability, as well as the ability to upgrade, modernize avionics and mission systems,” the companies said in a statement.

"We are looking forward to working with one of the few companies in the world that possesses the extensive depth of F1 experience and knowledge that Paramount brings to the table. We are especially confident given Paramount's experience modernizing the same Mirage F1M jets we now own when they were in prior Spanish Air Force service", said Jared Isaacman, CEO of Draken International.

Paramount is in a sweet spot for the US Air Force’s adversary air (ADAIR) or ‘red air’ training requirements as it has agreements to supply services to both companies competing for the programme.

Airborne Tactical Advantage Company (ATAC) is the other competitor and Paramount will be providing pilot and technical training for the 63 ex-French Mirage F1s that ATAC acquired last year.

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=51308:draken-and-paramount-to-refurbish-mirage-f1ms&catid=35:Aerospace&Itemid=107

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:21pm On Apr 10, 2018
Henry240:

You care to back that up with some actual evidence?

Because, if memory serves me correct.. last time someone tried to pull some "blackmarket ish" in South Africa, they ended up with a plane-load of cash impounded on a South African runway

Henry240:

Maybe, maybe not. Fact is, Eben Barlow chose the Reva over everything y'all had in your arsenal. Thats more than enough for me.

Henry240:

No, middle-men are rare. There are:

state-to-state transactions (no middle-man)
state-to-supplier transactions (no middle-man)

Thats it, the only 3rd party involved is usually those who finance the deal (ie: banks). Please dont tell me you are counting holding companies set up to facilitate the deal as "middle-men".

Henry240:

5 Casspir
56 Springbuck APCS
23 Mamba APCS
40 REVA

thats not a couple, infact we are your second biggest supplier of MRAPs

Henry240:

Lol, i love it how you count everything from tiny 5m craft to 33m vessels as "patrol boats" to try to make the numbers seem insigificant.

Dude, you need to leave the other thread in the past, the only person still in the RSA v NIG competition is you

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 1:33pm On Apr 10, 2018
That range looks familiar. Where is it ?
8SAI ?

Frumentum:
SANDF various...

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 1:55pm On Apr 10, 2018
Nigeria should concentrate on standardising on calibers before buying more infantry weapons. 3x assault rifle cal., 2x LMG cal. and 2x 12.7 cal. That's got to be a nightmare for your log guys. It can be deadly in a hot war. Wrong truck showing up with an incompatible cal. to your unit can be a disaster. Logistics f-ups happens all the time in the fog of war. Imagine the nightmare you'll have using diesel and petrol vehicles mixed together in your unit.

Argue about weapons after you've selected a cal. that works for you. That would make it a lot easier to set up local ammo production too.

lionel4power:

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 2:19pm On Apr 10, 2018
Frumentum:

but that's how we purchase stuff. We fill up a jet with oil money and buy up all your cool stuff cool

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 2:20pm On Apr 10, 2018
61mech:
Nigeria should concentrate on standardising on calibers before buying more infantry weapons. 3x assault rifle cal., 2x LMG cal. and 2x 12.7 cal. That's got to be a nightmare for your log guys. It can be deadly in a hot war. Wrong truck showing up with an incompatible cal. to your unit can be a disaster. Logistics f-ups happens all the time in the fog of war. Imagine the nightmare you'll have using diesel and petrol vehicles mixed together in your unit.

Argue about weapons after you've selected a cal. that works for you. That would make it a lot easier to set up local ammo production too.

Am I missing something? What 3X AR cal.
5.56×45 ,7.62×39 & ??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 2:23pm On Apr 10, 2018
7.62x51 Lots of FAL and G-3's still being carried.

Odunayaw:
Am I missing something? What 3X AR cal.
5.56×45 ,7.62×39 & ??

(1) (2) (3) ... (1628) (1629) (1630) (1631) (1632) (1633) (1634) ... (2860) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.