Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,052 members, 7,966,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 05:49 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1632) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6162343 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1629) (1630) (1631) (1632) (1633) (1634) (1635) ... (2867) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 10, 2018
Mi-28 NE Algerian AF

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:33pm On Apr 10, 2018
61mech:
7.62x51 Lots of FAL and G-3's still being carried.

Ah test the ×51. Still carried but in negligible numbers compared to the other rounds
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 10:16am On Apr 11, 2018
Breaking News from Algeria: A military plane has just crashed. There are report of casualties.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:16pm On Apr 11, 2018
61mech:
Nigeria should concentrate on standardising on calibers before buying more infantry weapons. 3x assault rifle cal., 2x LMG cal. and 2x 12.7 cal. That's got to be a nightmare for your log guys. It can be deadly in a hot war. Wrong truck showing up with an incompatible cal. to your unit can be a disaster. Logistics f-ups happens all the time in the fog of war. Imagine the nightmare you'll have using diesel and petrol vehicles mixed together in your unit.

Argue about weapons after you've selected a cal. that works for you. That would make it a lot easier to set up local ammo production too.

been my argument for ages.

Standardization of equipment would provide a greater boost to capacity than any of these proposed purchases of fighters or armored vehicles. And would save huge ammounts of money over the long term.

Hopefully this Beryl thing is the first step.

I really thought the Bigfoot MRAP was also going to be the first step, but that turned out not to be so.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by saengine: 1:26pm On Apr 11, 2018
SA...

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by saengine: 1:27pm On Apr 11, 2018
Xbee007:
Breaking News from Algeria: A military plane has just crashed. There are report of casualties.

Looks like one of the highest death tolls in aviation in a while, military or otherwise.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 11, 2018
Xbee007:

257 killed in the crash of an ilyshin 76

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3x9eJTZQcA
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 11, 2018
OFF-TOPIC

Latest medal standings at the 2018 Commonwealth Games in Australia.

https://results.gc2018.com/en/all-sports/medal-standings.htm

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 6:48pm On Apr 11, 2018
Frumentum:
OFF-TOPIC

https://results.gc2018.com/en/athletics/athlete-profile-n6009390-akani-simbine.htm

What does akani mean in SA?

you guys love swimming.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 11, 2018
tdayof:

https://results.gc2018.com/en/athletics/athlete-profile-n6009390-akani-simbine.htm

What does akani mean in SA?

you guys love swimming.

I speak under correction but I think the Nguni word "Akani" means to build in English.

As for swimming, hey West Africa is represented as we have 2 guys named Chad and Cameron as gold medallists wink grin.

Cant wait for this weekend's sevens rugby. After Hong Kong, we have a bone to pick with Fiji and Kenya, kikuyu1.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 11, 2018
61mech:
That range looks familiar. Where is it ?
8SAI ?

Your old stomping ground, 8SAI for the day pics. 5SAI, Ladysmith for the night pics.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 12:56am On Apr 12, 2018
Frumentum:
OFF-TOPIC

pls permit me to carryon this discussion a little bit, everyone.

i really admire the SAns. but what has made you guys come this far especially in aquatics?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 1:00am On Apr 12, 2018
Frumentum:

I speak under correction but I think the Nguni word "Akani" means to build in English.

As for swimming, hey West Africa is represented as we have 2 guys named Chad and Cameron as gold medallists wink grin.

Cant wait for this weekend's sevens rugby. After Hong Kong, we have a bone to pick with Fiji and Kenya, kikuyu1.

i wonder why people keep refering to Cameroon and Chad as West Africa? they are both cetral Africa

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 4:45am On Apr 12, 2018
MiddleDimension:

i wonder why people keep refering to Cameroon and Chad as West Africa? they are both cetral Africa
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by obonomaa: 5:44am On Apr 12, 2018
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 8:30am On Apr 12, 2018
Frumentum:
OFF-TOPIC

Kenya is having really bad championships, last tine we had 9 gold medals ... most the athletes we sent (except for marathoners ) just finished highschool, aged 19, 20 - 24, hopefully tgey have been well exposed to the world stage.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 12, 2018
T34 tank , Algerian army

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 1:08pm On Apr 12, 2018
Another good catch

A multi-agency security team dismantled an al Shabaab camp at Ijara, Garissa county after a raid on Wednesday.

They recovered two loaded pistol magazines, combat knives, assorted medicines and syringes, a hand held radio, and tarpaulin among other items.

The raid came after a tip off from members of the public who approached the security agents.

Residents of Boni and the surrounding areas have increased their support for the troops operating in the area.

Officers also recovered drugs at the camp after confessions from returnees that al Shabaab militants are extremely abusing drugs and alcohol.

/COURTESY

The returnees said the militants also sexually abuse women from the neighbouring communities.

In September 2017, KDF troops seized ponographic DVDs, alcohol and drugs after raiding an al Shabaab camp inside Boni forest.

Later in the year, packets of condoms were washed off from Jilib - an Shabaab stronghold, after flash floods had hit Somalia.

After the raid, Sheikh Noor Farah from Ijara said: "It is either we cooperate with the police or allow al Shabaab to turn our town into a sex and drug den."

He said the community has resolved to smoke out the militants from the area.

/COURTESY

Last month, reports emerged of how the militants in Somalia are extorting huge sums from starving communities.

The militants are also forcibly recruiting hundreds of children as soldiers and suicide bombers.

This comes as the terror group endures financial pressures, a decrease in numbers and an apparent crisis of morale.

Intelligence documents, transcripts of interrogations from recent defectors, and interviews conducted on returnees by security agents confirm the situation.

More on this: How al Shabaab prey on starving Somali villages for food, cash and children

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by 61mech: 3:02pm On Apr 12, 2018
Its a shame 8sai lost the use of Riemvasmaak for training. It was excellent terrain for infantry(bush fase) and the airforce. Especially Rooivalk. They also had a mock airbase with SAM sites laid out for bombing if memory serves me right.
They could have leased it back from the new land owners giving them an income. From what I've heard the locals aren't dion to well on living of the land. It was easily the harshest training area in the country at the time. Ask the old guys about "Pink Myn" and "Angel"

Frumentum:

Your old stomping ground, 8SAI for the day pics. 5SAI, Ladysmith for the night pics.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 5:01pm On Apr 12, 2018
61mech:
Nigeria should concentrate on standardising on calibers before buying more infantry weapons. 3x assault rifle cal., 2x LMG cal. and 2x 12.7 cal. That's got to be a nightmare for your log guys. It can be deadly in a hot war. Wrong truck showing up with an incompatible cal. to your unit can be a disaster. Logistics f-ups happens all the time in the fog of war. Imagine the nightmare you'll have using diesel and petrol vehicles mixed together in your unit.

Argue about weapons after you've selected a cal. that works for you. That would make it a lot easier to set up local ammo production too.

Sense! That's why I've never been a fan of the new multi cal weapons-imagine changing your 7.62 nato upper for a .223 mm in pounding rain with uglies only a 100m away rapidly closing in on your pos and you can't find your Sarge while nobody's answering the radio. The inventor of the multi cal system imo has never been in the isht.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 5:06pm On Apr 12, 2018
Frumentum:
OFF-TOPIC

Doesn't bother me much. Our guys are busy on the commercial race circuit and regard the Commonwealth as practice for young idle pace setters-I used to live in Nyahururu,a main runner town much like Iten.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:53pm On Apr 12, 2018
kikuyu1:

Doesn't bother me much. Our guys are busy on the commercial race circuit and regard the Commonwealth as practice for young idle pace setters-I used to live in Nyahururu,a main runner town much like Iten.

Srew all the other codes, I'm more interested in the rugby!!! grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 12, 2018
Simon's Town: 200 years as a naval base.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 12, 2018
Throwback Thursday

The very first picture of Auschwitz Concentration Camp - taken by a Mosquito plane from 60 Photo Recon Squadron of the South African Air Force out of Foggia base in Southern Italy in 1944.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:14pm On Apr 12, 2018
Throwback Thursday 2

A compendium of the South African contribution to the WW2 Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 12, 2018
Up, up and away! Paramount continues to soar!

Ethiopian Airlines and Paramount Group to establish aerospace manufacturing industry in Ethiopia

April 10, 2018 — Ethiopian Airlines has signed a memorandum of understanding with the prominent South African Aerospace Manufacturing Company, Aerosud Holdings, to establish a joint aerospace manufacturing company.

The Joint Venture Aerospace Company will manufacture and supply various aircraft parts to Boeing, Airbus and other aerospace companies. The manufacturing facilities are expected to be set up in the vicinity of Bole International Airport for purposes of economy of scale and ease of import/export transportation.

At the signing ceremony, Ethiopian Airlines Group CEO, Tewolde Gebre-Mariam, said to the press that pursuant to the Ethiopian government’s industrialisation policy, which is embedded in the country’s five-year Growth and Transformation Plan, Ethiopian Airlines reached this agreement with the Aerosud Group to establish and develop a labour-intensive aerospace manufacturing industry.
https://thisisafrica.me/ethiopian-airlines-aerosud-aerospace/

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 13, 2018
Nigerian Navy SBS contingent. Exercise Flintlock 2018.

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 13, 2018
Nigerian navy

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 13, 2018
Nigerian Navy NNS Okpabana

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 13, 2018
Locally made Inshore Patrol boats built by Epenal group and deployed by the Nigerian navy.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:46am On Apr 13, 2018
OFF-TOPIC

Pakistan Air Force JF-17 training alongside F-16 Block 52's during this year's Gulf Shield exercise.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:05pm On Apr 13, 2018
Nigerian navy flying officer checks out the MH-60 Sikorsky Seahawk US Navy Helicopter.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1629) (1630) (1631) (1632) (1633) (1634) (1635) ... (2867) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.