Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,971 members, 7,873,114 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:19 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (936) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6047263 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (933) (934) (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) ... (2857) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:39pm On Feb 02, 2017
Namibia to receive RG32M armoured vehicles

Namibia will receive the eight RG32M mine-hardened armoured patrol vehicles that it has ordered for its army from Denel Vehicle Systems by the end of March, the South African group announced on 19 January.

The Namibian vehicles are right-hand drive and have a different internal layout to previous models, a Denel source told IHS Jane's. The order also covers four Denel Mechatronics SDROW small remote weapon stations, which can be fitted with a variety of light machine guns and the Denel PMP 20 x 42 mm iNkunzi Strike support weapon.

The RG32M is a 9.5-tonne patrol vehicle that has enjoyed significant export success, with close to 700 exported . Open sources list 380 exported to Sweden, which has employed them in Afghanistan and Mali; 74 to Finland; and others to Slovakia and the United Nations (UN). The Irish Army acquired 26 of the RG32LTV variant, which is slightly larger and 800 kg heavier, has a different configuration, and offers greater mine protection.

The RG32M is well-suited to peace support and similar operations, combining good protection and off-road mobility with an inoffensive appearance. Its compact dimensions and low mass also make it easier to deploy than many vehicles offering a similar level of protection. Depending on the destination airfield and its distance, an Il-76, A400M, or An-70 transport aircraft could transport three; a C-130J, two; and a C-27J, one.

source: janes com , 30/01/2017
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 02, 2017
chkil:
Namibia to receive RG32M armoured vehicles

source: janes com

Old news. Been posted here before.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 9:50pm On Feb 02, 2017
Henry240:
Inside the cockpit of a Nigerian Air Force F-7 multirole jet.

The Nigerian Air Force F-7 uses a mix of Digital and analog Multi Functional Display.
sweet pix.
was thinking the cockpit would be all gauges, really surprised seeing those LCD

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:08pm On Feb 02, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Life as a Nigerian foot soldier inside Sambisa/ on the front

Look at how skinny and starved he is...Someone write a letter to the superiors to feed the Troops more chicken.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:16pm On Feb 02, 2017
Colorful photos from Ivory Coast

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 02, 2017
Henry240:
Since we're on fighter jets, the mould of things to come for the Nigerian Air Force.

That looks like a cheap knockoff of the F-22...The world is ready to welcome a F 35 Yet a 22 is the Air Forces priority...SMH.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 02, 2017
Shield Africa 2017 Ivory Coast

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 02, 2017
Ivory Coast special forces

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:41pm On Feb 02, 2017
frumentius:

P.S. @chkil, I was pretty sure that no.17 is not Samora Machel so I went to check. The Nelson Mandela Foundation has the same photo up, where they appeal for anyone to id the rest of the people. Only 3 people have been identified: Mandela (15), Ben Bella(5) and Agostinho Neto (16).

well the pic was taken in algerian- maroccan borders (oujda) and identification in arabic identify also Samora Machel , i found another source that identify samora in 16 and augustino 17, i havn't found a pic of him young to compare , but most important that many africans futur leaders received training in Algeria and sent contingents of their fighters for training in the Algerian camps . (mandela from south africa, Tambo, Samora Machel of Mozambique, Robert Mugabe and Joshua Nkomo of what was then Rhodesia, Amilcar Cabral of Guinea Bissau, Agostinho Neto of Angola. and others ..

"Christians go to the Vatican, Muslims to Mecca and revolutionaries to Algiers. " ... from amilcar cabral

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:12pm On Feb 02, 2017
sudan army

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 02, 2017
giles14:
sweet pix.
was thinking the cockpit would be all gauges, really surprised seeing those LCD

Surprise, Surprise....

That's what I thought initially. I felt i was going to see gauges all over the place. The cockpit is modern, with 2 LED displays. It goes further to prove the Nigerian F-7 is an upgraded, multi-role aircraft.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:32pm On Feb 02, 2017
Ivory Coast sf

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Hrmnn: 11:33pm On Feb 02, 2017
Eland-90s and an EE-9 Cascavel of Burkina Faso.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gees9: 12:27am On Feb 03, 2017
chkil:

not only nelson mandela , many african futur leaders have been trained by Algerian liberation army.

in the pic algerian liberation national army military camp 1962 ,we can see:
5- Ahmed benbella (futur 1st President of algeria )
15- nelson mandela (futur 1st President of South Africa )
16- Agostinho Neto (futur first President of Angola)
17- Samora Machel (futur 1st President of Mozambique )
number 2 could be luis cabral (futur 1st President of Guinea-Bissau) not sure from the source

2 looks like Nyerere to me
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:46am On Feb 03, 2017
Wingback:

That looks like a cheap knockoff of the F-22...The world is ready to welcome a F 35 Yet a 22 is the Air Forces priority...SMH.

In what way does a JF17 look like a raptor?? You didn't even mention the F16.

Jf17 in no way looks like the raptor in terms of design or whatsoever. How can a single engine aircraft look like a twin engine?

Moreover, F22 is more advance compared to the F35. Better avionics etc so it's for the US alone.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 6:00am On Feb 03, 2017
tdayof:

Jf17 in no way looks like the raptor in terms of design or whatsoever. How can a single engine aircraft look like a twin engine?

Moreover, F22 is more advance compared to the F35. Better avionics etc so it's for the US alone.
Ignore the tr......l

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 7:04am On Feb 03, 2017
Henry240:

Surprise, Surprise....

That's what I thought initially. I felt i was going to see gauges all over the place. The cockpit is modern, with 2 LED displays. It goes further to prove the Nigerian F-7 is an upgraded, multi-role aircraft.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 7:04am On Feb 03, 2017
Henry240:

Surprise, Surprise....

yea the F-7Ni cockpit is really surprising, just hope our Jf17 blk3 cockpit is a full glass cockpit.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 03, 2017
giles14:
yea the F-7Ni cockpit is really surprising, just hope our Jf17 blk3 cockpit is a full glass cockpit.

The JF-17 has full glass cockpit, Just like every modern 4th Generation fighter aircraft.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:47am On Feb 03, 2017
@Gottfried are you the one flying drones over military bases because MoD is upset lipsrsealed

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 8:11am On Feb 03, 2017
Henry240:

The JF-17 has full glass cockpit, Just like every modern 4th Generation fighter aircraft.
grin grin grin grin
everything nice and cool.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by dragon2(m): 8:25am On Feb 03, 2017
Myanmar just seem to be able to read my mind in defence issues.It seems they want to go full tilt and co-produce the Jf-17 with Pakistan. Quote below.

After deciding to purchase 16 JF-17 Thunder multi-role combat aircraft in 2015, Myanmar is
now in advanced negotiations with Pakistan to also licence-build the third-generation fighter,
defence industry sources in Yangon and sources close to the Myanmar Air Force (MAF) told
Jane's in mid-January.......

Janes360.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 03, 2017
gees9:

2 looks like Nyerere to me

Nope. Tanzania was already independent, with Nyerere as PM.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 03, 2017
chkil:

not only nelson mandela , many african futur leaders have been trained by Algerian liberation army.

in the pic algerian liberation national army military camp 1962 ,we can see:
5- Ahmed benbella (futur 1st President of algeria )
15- nelson mandela (futur 1st President of South Africa )
16- Agostinho Neto (futur first President of Angola)
17- Samora Machel (futur 1st President of Mozambique )
number 2 could be luis cabral (futur 1st President of Guinea-Bissau) not sure from the source

Look, no one is questioning the important role Algeria played in the liberation of the continent. This is all our collective history, so let's get the facts right:
1) Mandela was NOT the future 1st president of SA; he was the future 1st democratically-elected president;
2) Samora Machel was not in Algeria in 1962. He went into exile in 1963, and was sent to Algeria, as an ordinary recruit, part of the 2nd group of FRELIMO to be sent there. source: [Christie, Iain, Machel of Mozambique. Harare: Zimbabwe Publishing House, 1988];
3) The brothers Cabral were not at the gathering either. The party they founded, the PAIGC, was represented there by a delegation led by Aristides Pereira. source: [Chabal, Patrick, Amilcar Cabral: Revolutionary Leadership and People's War. New York and Cambridge, U.K.: Cambridge University Press, 1983].

As I said, only 3 people have been definitively identified in that photo, by both Nelson Mandela and Noureddine Djoudi, who was Mandela's interpreter on that trip and later, Algerian ambassador to South Africa.

More pics from that same trip, courtesy of the Algerian Embassy to SA:

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 03, 2017
Tunisian SF during the visit of the Belgian Prime Minister in tunisia

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 03, 2017
OFF-TOPIC

Indonesian Navy Sigma Frigate. cool

The boat is so glorious. Even my wet dreams have had wet dreams of this ship. 12 dream stages.

2 units of these, and 2 Type-056 Corvettes is my ideal defence, surface fleet posturing for the Nigerian navy.

105-metre, 2365 tonne Frigate.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 03, 2017
morocco US exericise

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 03, 2017
Morroccan anti-terrorism vigilance units deployed in towns and touristic areas , "hadar" plan

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 03, 2017
[quote author=tdayof post=53369345]

Moreover, F22 is more advance compared to the F35. Better avionics etc so it's for the US alone. [/quote
Who's talking about Engines? And yes I said Cheap knockoff and No the F35 has more potential.
]
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 03, 2017
CN235-220M Senegalese Air Force

This aircraft was built in Indonesia.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:40am On Feb 03, 2017
very nice video Egyptian Army cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIyET0jk9zM
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 10:40am On Feb 03, 2017
TrueHeart365:
looks like it's that time of the week againgrin.

i tell you bro, when Henry and patches are at it again. Seems mikeczar has been substituted

(1) (2) (3) ... (933) (934) (935) (936) (937) (938) (939) ... (2857) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.